Wii Graphics Underrated

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#101 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
TC, I always have a major problem with the "true gamer" card being thrown around. A true gamer knows his or her opinion is not "right" or "law", but just that, an opinion. A true gamer respects others whether they agree or not. A true gamer doesn't completelydevote themself to one company and disregard the others input to gaming. I do agree on the Wii being underrated and it's graphics being stronger than given credit for. I prefer Halo and GoW to Mario. I do own all three consoles and have SMG, Madworld(love it), NMH, Twilight Princess for Wii. Enough with the true gamer stuff folks. If you can't see that's what we are despite differences, then summer school might be in order for you.
tj1eight7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102 tj1eight7
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts

I would dare to say your grandmother almost falling out of her wheelchair is the best reaction Wii graphics have ever gotten.

asyrian758

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 asyrian758
Member since 2006 • 410 Posts

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

So does this one :)

Dycras

so to retort what i posted, you post a gta rip-off, a compilation of mini games, yet another mario game, a zelda game that flopped (and was outscored by the gamecube version), and a "fighting" game? that's not exactly a stellar list. not even something to write home about. that's really....pathetic.

lol, its better than the generic crap you'd be able to put up

Multiplats not on the wii :(

Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Are we for serious here? Why are people even arguing about this? The thread creator was obviously joking and being over dramatic. Right?
Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

Are we for serious here? Why are people even arguing about this? The thread creator was obviously joking and being over dramatic. Right?Chojuto

Whatever allows people to release their fanboy urges.

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#106 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

[QUOTE="Dycras"]

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

so to retort what i posted, you post a gta rip-off, a compilation of mini games, yet another mario game, a zelda game that flopped (and was outscored by the gamecube version), and a "fighting" game? that's not exactly a stellar list. not even something to write home about. that's really....pathetic.

asyrian758

Fail just because of the bold. However, just so that isn't my only response, SSBB is the best fighting game this gen, INCLUDING Street fighter.From everything i have seen from No more Heros, it did not scream GTA at ALL! Wii Sports Resort is the highest Rated Mini Game ever, and it comes with Wii motion Plus. If Zelda TP floped it doesn't matter. Its Zelda, where even a flopped Zelda is better that most games you see on 360 and PS3. You never see Mario 3-D platformers.There have only been 4 (one planed next year) since what...1995? The Orange box isn't one game, its a compialation of many games. So that is just a wild card in a way. My PC is making me unable to see your other pic, but i doubt its relevent. Another thing. Why did you say the bad thing about SSBB was it was a fighting game, yet when you try to comeback, you post a fighting game?

XxChicagoTedXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107 XxChicagoTedXx
Member since 2009 • 407 Posts

I used to like Nintendo, when I was a kid. There problem is that they don't have enough serious toned/adult games and their games are too cartoony. As for the graphics, most of the games look like a high end gamecube game. Just because a console sells the most doesn't mean jack s**t. Top selling game of this generation is wii play an I know that is not the best game.

asyrian758

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 asyrian758

[QUOTE="asyrian758"]

[QUOTE="Dycras"]lol, its better than the generic crap you'd be able to put up

AmayaPapaya

Fail just because of the bold. However, just so that isn't my only response, SSBB is the best fighting game this gen, INCLUDING Street fighter.From everything i have seen from No more Heros, it did not scream GTA at ALL! Wii Sports Resort is the highest Rated Mini Game ever, and it comes with Wii motion Plus. If Zelda TP floped it doesn't matter. Its Zelda, where even a flopped Zelda is better that most games you see on 360 and PS3. You never see Mario 3-D platformers.There have only been 4 (one planed next year) since what...1995? The Orange box isn't one game, its a compialation of many games. So that is just a wild card in a way. My PC is making me unable to see your other pic, but i doubt its relevent. Another thing. Why did you say the bad thing about SSBB was it was a fighting game, yet when you try to comeback, you post a fighting game?

You sir fail, get some glasses because where is it that I said Brawl was a bad game, quote the other user who said that not me. But anyways, why do i fail? Because wii doesnt get any multiplats? Tell me why the wii has the lowest rated library? Zelda TP FLOPPED. 8.8. Better then most 360 games Lool, to you maybe, but according to the ratings, its not :). And im sorry but isnt there enough minigames on wii? And i dont see orange box on the wii? Compare consoles, not PC (which is probably better then any console). By the wii, the above pics i posted trash anything on the wii, according to GS

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#110 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

[QUOTE="asyrian758"]

AmayaPapaya

Ahahahahaha, SSBB is a crappy game. BTW all of those games he posted are all better, and I'm a PC gamer. BTW Orange box in itself is better than the Wii.

I really could care less what the Wii has to offer... why? Because it's weaker than a Pentium 3... The next years iPhone will be stronger than Wii if it has 2xarm8/11 proccessors. I will laugh then.

aero250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#111 aero250
Member since 2009 • 3613 Posts
I disagree.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

[QUOTE="Dycras"]

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

asyrian758

god its a good thing i have a pc for multiplatform games

kobraka1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 kobraka1
Member since 2009 • 890 Posts

if anything they are over-rated. go play fallout 3 then go play the wii. you will laugh your ass off.

Dra_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Dra_23
Member since 2004 • 153 Posts

I like how he said his grandmother, who can't see very well, thought the wii had good graphics lmao. He didnt have an example of somone who could see well being impressed by the wiis graphics:P

atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts

How are Wii graphics underrated? Basically, people rate them as being worse than the 720-1080p graphics you see on competing consoles. And guess what? *gasp* That's exactly what they are... technically, anyway.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

Wait... are you comparing console (Wii) to handheld to help your graphic argument... ouch.

asyrian758

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 asyrian758

[QUOTE="asyrian758"]

surrealnumber5

god its a good thing i have a pc for multiplatform games

Nice to see you hiding behind the pc when talking about the wii ;)

Avatar image for ratchet_ruler88
ratchet_ruler88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 ratchet_ruler88
Member since 2005 • 535 Posts

I own a Wii and I disagree greatly, they're hardly any better than last gen graphics. It's a gamecube w/ motion control.

Jelley0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Jelley0
Member since 2009 • 1867 Posts
Graphics doesn't make a game fun, at all...
Avatar image for jakethesnake159
jakethesnake159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#121 jakethesnake159
Member since 2009 • 6284 Posts

Are we for serious here? Why are people even arguing about this? The thread creator was obviously joking and being over dramatic. Right?Chojuto

ya this is being taken way to serious so everybody youve been punked.

Uzburacuz9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Uzburacuz9
Member since 2007 • 712 Posts

Even a Blind man could SEE the wii has horrible graphics...lol. Seriously now,They really are horrible...the jaggies....it burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnsssss!

jessmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#123 jessmaster13
Member since 2009 • 3170 Posts
as much as i love wii, i have to disagree about wii being the best console of all timefunsohng
I second this
Black_cape20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#124 Black_cape20
Member since 2009 • 97 Posts

I can upon this forum, wishing things like Civil Rights were equal. I cannot tolerate those who do no accept the Wii, for whatever reason, especially the uneducated reasons that I have had the torture to have read. My heart hurts deeply; normally, my cold-blooded heart only beats in the night, hidden in the bushes of some beautiful park. As I was frustratedly saying, the Wii has been truly mistreated. The Wii is the best console of all time, and I have irrefutable evidences to back me up: the Wii is the fastest-selling home console; it has the best games with the best developers. The Wii's graphics are always compared to the DS's and the PoSP. The truth is, as much as the uneducated Fan Boy want you to believe in lies, the Wii's graphical powers far exceeds the last generation's; it actually comes very close to this generations, minus the HD. Games like The Conduit are so far above last generation's graphical capabilities. Only hi-end Computers could have rivaled it at that time. SMG has some of the best graphics this generation. My Grandmother, who can't see very well, saw this game running on my 56" Pioneer G10 TV, and she was absolutely blown away. She almost fell out of her wheelchair. I could have sworn I saw her legs jolt from the shock of SMG's true beauty. No other game has come close to reliving those moments; my Grandmother doesn't even get stimulated by the overrated graphics of Halo 3 and Halo ODST. The Wii is not far behind. Sure, their online is a little bit behind, but I have no doubt that the Big N will make it all the way to the top, above the heavens, and make Microsoft and Sony's online service look last gen. If you are all true gamers, pray with me and support the big N. If you are doubters and haters, pray for death. Nintendo has been #1 for a reason: making the best games and innovating the world is the key to happiness! SystemWar
No offense dude although the Wii is average in my point of view, I cannot say it is the best console or it has the best games mainly because most Wii games aren't exactly good but most are at least decent these days. And you said Microsoft and Sony's online servicewilllook last gen? No way. Although the Wii is popular, Microsoft and Sony have much more online service to offer. Graphics are underrated? No but there are good graphics on games like Brawl and Twilight princess however, it's visuals mostly look like the PS2. Best devolopers who create great games? I have to dissagree by a long shot. Wii has met horrible games like Ninjabread man due to the bad devolopers. Nintendo is number 1? Like every company, Nintendo has made a lot of mistakes but in my opinion, I would perfer Sony or Microsoft. Pray for death? Don't curse people like me who like Sony or Microsoft because it is not right to say that we should be struck by God. To end this, Wii is not the best consle. It has been way behind 360 or PS3 in online service but it's graphics aren't amazing but mostly, they are medicore but at least some have good graphics.

me_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 me_rock
Member since 2004 • 2462 Posts

The Wii is the best console of all time,SystemWar

Stopped reading there. It's good, not perfect, or the best of all time.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#126 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
Whether the Wii has a bucketfull of shovelware or not is irrelevant, you're not forced to buy it, and it's just a side effect of having the cheapest console to develop for and the biggest fanbase this generation. I don't see people complaining about the PS1 or the PS2 shovelware, and people are complaining that there are no games on the N64 and the GC. Graphically, the Wii is built for SD, and for an SD console, it does what it does really well graphically. At least it forces developers to create creative artstyle instead of the brown-and-bloom effect.
Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Pices
Member since 2005 • 3910 Posts

[QUOTE="SystemWar"]I can upon this forum, wishing things like Civil Rights were equal. I cannot tolerate those who do no accept the Wii, for whatever reason, especially the uneducated reasons that I have had the torture to have read. My heart hurts deeply; normally, my cold-blooded heart only beats in the night, hidden in the bushes of some beautiful park. As I was frustratedly saying, the Wii has been truly mistreated. The Wii is the best console of all time, and I have irrefutable evidences to back me up: the Wii is the fastest-selling home console; it has the best games with the best developers. The Wii's graphics are always compared to the DS's and the PoSP. The truth is, as much as the uneducated Fan Boy want you to believe in lies, the Wii's graphical powers far exceeds the last generation's; it actually comes very close to this generations, minus the HD. Games like The Conduit are so far above last generation's graphical capabilities. Only hi-end Computers could have rivaled it at that time. SMG has some of the best graphics this generation. My Grandmother, who can't see very well, saw this game running on my 56" Pioneer G10 TV, and she was absolutely blown away. She almost fell out of her wheelchair. I could have sworn I saw her legs jolt from the shock of SMG's true beauty. No other game has come close to reliving those moments; my Grandmother doesn't even get stimulated by the overrated graphics of Halo 3 and Halo ODST. The Wii is not far behind. Sure, their online is a little bit behind, but I have no doubt that the Big N will make it all the way to the top, above the heavens, and make Microsoft and Sony's online service look last gen. If you are all true gamers, pray with me and support the big N. If you are doubters and haters, pray for death. Nintendo has been #1 for a reason: making the best games and innovating the world is the key to happiness! Black_cape20

No offense dude although the Wii is average in my point of view, I cannot say it is the best console or it has the best games mainly because most Wii games aren't exactly good but most are at least decent these days. And you said Microsoft and Sony's online servicewilllook last gen? No way. Although the Wii is popular, Microsoft and Sony have much more online service to offer. Graphics are underrated? No but there are good graphics on games like Brawl and Twilight princess however, it's visuals mostly look like the PS2. Best devolopers who create great games? I have to dissagree by a long shot. Wii has met horrible games like Ninjabread man due to the bad devolopers. Nintendo is number 1? Like every company, Nintendo has made a lot of mistakes but in my opinion, I would perfer Sony or Microsoft. Pray for death? Don't curse people like me who like Sony or Microsoft because it is not right to say that we should be struck by God. To end this, Wii is not the best consle. It has been way behind 360 or PS3 in online service but it's graphics aren't amazing but mostly, they are medicore but at least some have good graphics.

Regarding the graphics, give me a break. They depend on the developer's attitude.
aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 aia89
Member since 2009 • 2828 Posts

reviewers are biased against the wii :(

mhsdrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 mhsdrake
Member since 2007 • 3091 Posts
[QUOTE="awssk8er716"]

Seriously, they are. Super Mario Galaxy's graphics on a nice TV are astonishing.

Almost all third party games are bad because developers don't take the time.

Dude, they are not 'astonishing'. They might be nice for a Wii game, but please don't use the word astonishing.
pitty8982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 pitty8982
Member since 2008 • 1072 Posts
[QUOTE="mhsdrake"][QUOTE="awssk8er716"]

Seriously, they are. Super Mario Galaxy's graphics on a nice TV are astonishing.

Almost all third party games are bad because developers don't take the time.

Dude, they are not 'astonishing'. They might be nice for a Wii game, but please don't use the word astonishing.

why not?
Neo737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Neo737
Member since 2008 • 56 Posts

Nintendo is by far my favorite game company, and I love the Wii. And, I do agree that the Wii's graphics are underated. Just look at Super Smash Bros. and Super Mario Galaxy. But, the Wii comes nothing close to the graphics of the PS3 and only slightly close to that of the 360.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

I personally find Mario Galaxies graphics far more impressive than CRYSIS or UC2 or GEOW2.

But I prefer artistic looks to "TEH GRITTY REALIZM!"

pitty8982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 pitty8982
Member since 2008 • 1072 Posts

Nintendo is a true gaming company..unlike the others

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

What a bump.

superfakerbros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 superfakerbros
Member since 2009 • 141 Posts
[QUOTE="SystemWar"]I can upon this forum, wishing things like Civil Rights were equal. I cannot tolerate those who do no accept the Wii, for whatever reason, especially the uneducated reasons that I have had the torture to have read. My heart hurts deeply; normally, my cold-blooded heart only beats in the night, hidden in the bushes of some beautiful park. As I was frustratedly saying, the Wii has been truly mistreated. The Wii is the best console of all time, and I have irrefutable evidences to back me up: the Wii is the fastest-selling home console; it has the best games with the best developers. The Wii's graphics are always compared to the DS's and the PoSP. The truth is, as much as the uneducated Fan Boy want you to believe in lies, the Wii's graphical powers far exceeds the last generation's; it actually comes very close to this generations, minus the HD. Games like The Conduit are so far above last generation's graphical capabilities. Only hi-end Computers could have rivaled it at that time. SMG has some of the best graphics this generation. My Grandmother, who can't see very well, saw this game running on my 56" Pioneer G10 TV, and she was absolutely blown away. She almost fell out of her wheelchair. I could have sworn I saw her legs jolt from the shock of SMG's true beauty. No other game has come close to reliving those moments; my Grandmother doesn't even get stimulated by the overrated graphics of Halo 3 and Halo ODST. The Wii is not far behind. Sure, their online is a little bit behind, but I have no doubt that the Big N will make it all the way to the top, above the heavens, and make Microsoft and Sony's online service look last gen. If you are all true gamers, pray with me and support the big N. If you are doubters and haters, pray for death. Nintendo has been #1 for a reason: making the best games and innovating the world is the key to happiness!

I can see what you mean.Best console of all time is debatable for any system this gen,the PS2,the NES and SNES.It has awesome games if you can find them for which I can so I enjoy it alot.
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
"Wii has the best games" lol keep telling you that IMO.
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#137 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts

I can upon this forum, wishing things like Civil Rights were equal. I cannot tolerate those who do no accept the Wii, for whatever reason, especially the uneducated reasons that I have had the torture to have read. My heart hurts deeply; normally, my cold-blooded heart only beats in the night, hidden in the bushes of some beautiful park. As I was frustratedly saying, the Wii has been truly mistreated. The Wii is the best console of all time SystemWar

Stopped right there. I don't not like my Wii, but it's definitely been the worst console this gen for me. I hope Metroid: Other M and Zelda change my mind.

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

I own a Wii and think it's garbage. It's my right to have an opinion.