Wii Graphics Underrated

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
[QUOTE="-Oath"]

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="-Oath"]

Here's one of my personal faves which is pretty new :)

that's more like it! :D the town screenshots looks awesome too, and that was even before there were NPCs present.

This one?

Yes, it looks damn good.

i was actually thinking about this one, but that one looked good too.
bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts
I have a hard time believing this is a serious thread.
cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 cowgriller
Member since 2008 • 3153 Posts

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

this post speaks for itself.

-Oath

So does this one :)

so to retort what i posted, you post a gta rip-off, a compilation of mini games, yet another mario game, a zelda game that flopped (and was outscored by the gamecube version), and a "fighting" game? that's not exactly a stellar list. not even something to write home about. that's really....pathetic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#54 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
I have a hard time believing this is a serious thread.bleehum
But a topic about graphics is system wars and system wars is always srs. Srsly.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 funsohng
so to retort what i posted, you post a gta rip-off, a compilation of mini games, yet another mario game, a zelda game that flopped (and was outscored by the gamecube version), and a "fighting" game? that's not exactly a stellar list. not even something to write home about. that's really....pathetic.cowgriller
did you even play NMH?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
[QUOTE="cowgriller"]so to retort what i posted, you post a gta rip-off, a compilation of mini games, yet another mario game, a zelda game that flopped (and was outscored by the gamecube version), and a "fighting" game? that's not exactly a stellar list. not even something to write home about. that's really....pathetic.funsohng
did you even play NMH?

Probably not. He saw an open world with a motorcycle. Blood. Violence and instantly thought of GTA.
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

[QUOTE="funsohng"] that's more like it! :D the town screenshots looks awesome too, and that was even before there were NPCs present.funsohng

This one?

Yes, it looks damn good.

i was actually thinking about this one, but that one looked good too.

Ah, I remeber that scenery in the first trailer I believe, still looks great :D

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 -Oath

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

Oath, you can't quote multiple images, edit that post. Again, don't want you to get modded :)

siLVURcross

Really? *edit*

Thanks for watching my ass, I clearly cant :lol:

Is it because it's too big? :P Wait...that doesn't make any sense...if it were big you should be able to see it clearly. Damn my stupid insults.

.... What was the point of this post :? :lol:

And if you MUST know, my ass is not big at all.... I swear >.>

cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 cowgriller

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="cowgriller"]so to retort what i posted, you post a gta rip-off, a compilation of mini games, yet another mario game, a zelda game that flopped (and was outscored by the gamecube version), and a "fighting" game? that's not exactly a stellar list. not even something to write home about. that's really....pathetic.siLVURcross
did you even play NMH?

Probably not. He saw an open world with a motorcycle. Blood. Violence and instantly thought of GTA.

dammit! i've been caught!

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 -Oath

so to retort what i posted, you post a gta rip-off, a compilation of mini games, yet another mario game, a zelda game that flopped (and was outscored by the gamecube version), and a "fighting" game? that's not exactly a stellar list. not even something to write home about. that's really....pathetic.

cowgriller

Stopped reading there. That was easy.

Tip: Try playing the games..... or researching them for more than 3 minutes before you bash them ;)

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#61 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
so to retort what i posted, you post a gta rip-off, a compilation of mini games, yet another mario game, a zelda game that flopped (and was outscored by the gamecube version), and a "fighting" game? that's not exactly a stellar list. not even something to write home about. that's really....pathetic.cowgriller
No he listed 3 AAA games and 2 AA games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

[QUOTE="siLVURcross"][QUOTE="-Oath"]

Really? *edit*

-Oath

Is it because it's too big? :P Wait...that doesn't make any sense...if it were big you should be able to see it clearly. Damn my stupid insults.

To obviously put you down :evil: But I failed... Team silvur blasting off again!!
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

[QUOTE="siLVURcross"][QUOTE="-Oath"]

Really? *edit*

-Oath

I totally believe you. . . .

cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 cowgriller

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

-Oath

Tip: Try playing the games..... or researching them for more than 3 minutes before you bash them ;)

that's too long to research for anything on the wii. it's not worth it.

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 -Oath

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

cowgriller

Typical lem reply..

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#66 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

I am sorry but I disagree with pretty much everyting on there. I enjoy my wii a lot but calling super mario galaxy one of the best graphical games this gen is 100% false, maybe for the wii it is but it doesnt even touch platformers on PS3 and 360 like Nuts and Bolts and Ratchet andClank Future TOD.

also since when has anybody ever claimed that Halo 3 had amazing graphics? Just curious...

and the wii is not the best console ever imho, that award goes to the Nintendo 64.

cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 cowgriller

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]so to retort what i posted, you post a gta rip-off, a compilation of mini games, yet another mario game, a zelda game that flopped (and was outscored by the gamecube version), and a "fighting" game? that's not exactly a stellar list. not even something to write home about. that's really....pathetic.OreoMilkshake

that doesn't change the fact that they look like last gen games.

cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 cowgriller

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

-Oath

Typical lem reply..

not true. the typical lemming reply would be to say that the wii sucks and is for children, old people and the casual. the same way the typical lem replay to the ps3 is to call it a glorified blu-ray player and the typical cow/sheep response to the 360 would be to call it a space heater. i'm just simply saying that researching wii game titles would be a waste of my time unless (unless i'm doing it for a good laugh.)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

cowgriller

Typical lem reply..

not true. the typical lemming reply would be to say that the wii sucks and is for children, old people and the casual. the same way the typical lem replay to the ps3 is to call it a glorified blu-ray player and the typical cow/sheep response to the 360 would be to call it a space heater. i'm just simply saying that researching wii game titles would be a waste of my time unless (unless i'm doing it for a good laugh.)

Wasn't that the purpose of you posting those pics prior?

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 OreoMilkshake

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"][QUOTE="cowgriller"]so to retort what i posted, you post a gta rip-off, a compilation of mini games, yet another mario game, a zelda game that flopped (and was outscored by the gamecube version), and a "fighting" game? that's not exactly a stellar list. not even something to write home about. that's really....pathetic.cowgriller

That doesn't change the fact that they're good. Oh and Gears look like N64 compared to Crysis.
cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 cowgriller

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

Typical lem reply..

siLVURcross

close but no. the point of me posting those pics were to counter the tc's "point" of saying that the wii is the best console ever created and that it has great games.

mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts
the wiis graphics are definately not underrated. wii fanboys hyped conduit as having ps3 and 360 level graphics, but its not even remotely close.
Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#73 Hanass
Member since 2008 • 2204 Posts

the wiis graphics are definately not underrated. wii fanboys hyped conduit as having ps3 and 360 level graphics, but its not even remotely close.mtradr43

When someone claims that SMG is graphics king contender, then there is not much you can say to bring him back to Earth.

cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 cowgriller

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]No he listed 3 AAA games and 2 AA games.OreoMilkshake

That doesn't change the fact that they're good. Oh and Gears look like N64 compared to Crysis.

now your just being a fanboy. i'm not saying those games aren't good, i'm just saying that they're not that interesting. seriously, does the nintedno crowd really need another mario or zelda game? it's been over 20 years. what else can they have mario and link do that isn't "wash, rinse, repeat"?

Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#75 Hanass
Member since 2008 • 2204 Posts

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"][QUOTE="cowgriller"]

cowgriller

now your just being a fanboy. i'm not saying those games aren't good, i'm just saying that they're not that interesting. seriously, does the nintedno crowd really need another mario or zelda game? it's been over 20 years. what else can they have mario and link do that isn't "wash, rinse, repeat"?

But Gears DOES look like N64 compared to Crysis. :P

cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 cowgriller

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]That doesn't change the fact that they're good. Oh and Gears look like N64 compared to Crysis.Hanass

But Gears DOES look like N64 compared to Crysis. :P

but then if that's the case, it makes all wii games look like atari games.

edit:

sarcasm duly noted.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 funsohng
[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="siLVURcross"]

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

close but no. the point of me posting those pics were to counter the tc's "point" of saying that the wii is the best console ever created and that it has great games.

graphic =/= quality of the game against what you said before... ("that doesn't change the fact that they look like last gen games.") i think i lost your point. were u saying Wii has bad graphics or bad games? and dont even talk about quality before you play the game or at least do a research on what the game is.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 OreoMilkshake

cowgriller

As long as they're good games then no one is going to give a damn.
cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 cowgriller

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="siLVURcross"]

funsohng

graphic =/= quality of the game against what you said before... ("that doesn't change the fact that they look like last gen games.") i think i lost your point. were u saying Wii has bad graphics or bad games? and dont even talk about quality before you play the game or at least do a research on what the game is.

wii has both bad graphics and bad games. graphics =/= quality, agreed. but graphics do act like an indicator to the quality of the game. for instance, stalin vs. martians. looks bad, is bad. but sometimes, graphics overshadow, or cover-up an aspect of a game. look at assassins creed. it looks great, but is repetitive and gets boring with little replay value. once again, graphics help to serve as an indicator of quality, not what makes a quality title.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 funsohng
[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="cowgriller"]

wii has both bad graphics and bad games. graphics =/= quality, agreed. but graphics do act like an indicator to the quality of the game. for instance, stalin vs. martians. looks bad, is bad. but sometimes, graphics overshadow, or cover-up an aspect of a game. look at assassins creed. it looks great, but is repetitive and gets boring with little replay value. once again, graphics help to serve as an indicator of quality, not what makes a quality title.

what you just said still doesnt prove that wii games are bad. there are still tons of "graphically inferior" 2D games coming out and as well as ps1/n64 looking 2d games on handheld, which are solid in gameplay wise. sure, if a graphic is good and the gameplay is good, that game is awesome. but what bothers me is that you are saying the game has to have a good graphic to even be qualified as a good game. what you said up there was that some bad game has either a good graphic or bad bad graphic, but you failed to prove that a good game can only have a good graphic, which i believe is what you were trying to prove. Plus, there are other indicators of quality, and what you have just done was looking at quality only through how good the graphic looks, which is very narrow-minded behaviour. and dude dont diss my AC i love that game
cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 cowgriller

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="funsohng"] graphic =/= quality of the game against what you said before... ("that doesn't change the fact that they look like last gen games.") i think i lost your point. were u saying Wii has bad graphics or bad games? and dont even talk about quality before you play the game or at least do a research on what the game is.funsohng

what you just said still doesnt prove that wii games are bad. there are still tons of "graphically inferior" 2D games coming out and as well as ps1/n64 looking 2d games on handheld, which are solid in gameplay wise. sure, if a graphic is good and the gameplay is good, that game is awesome. but what bothers me is that you are saying the game has to have a good graphic to even be qualified as a good game. what you said up there was that some bad game has either a good graphic or bad bad graphic, but you failed to prove that a good game can only have a good graphic, which i believe is what you were trying to prove. Plus, there are other indicators of quality, and what you have just done was looking at quality only through how good the graphic looks, which is very narrow-minded behaviour. and dude dont diss my AC i love that game

wtf?? you lost me. also, handhelds cannot be compared to consoles because they are severely limited in hardware.

secondly, i'm not insulting assassins creed. i have the game and love. i've played it several times over which is why i can say for a fact that the game gets boring. and what pissed me off the most of the lack of an ending. :evil:

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#82 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

I can upon this forum, wishing things like Civil Rights were equal. I cannot tolerate those who do no accept the Wii, for whatever reason, especially the uneducated reasons that I have had the torture to have read. My heart hurts deeply; normally, my cold-blooded heart only beats in the night, hidden in the bushes of some beautiful park. As I was frustratedly saying, the Wii has been truly mistreated. The Wii is the best console of all time, and I have irrefutable evidences to back me up: the Wii is the fastest-selling home console; it has the best games with the best developers. The Wii's graphics are always compared to the DS's and the PoSP. The truth is, as much as the uneducated Fan Boy want you to believe in lies, the Wii's graphical powers far exceeds the last generation's; it actually comes very close to this generations, minus the HD. Games like The Conduit are so far above last generation's graphical capabilities. Only hi-end Computers could have rivaled it at that time. SMG has some of the best graphics this generation. My Grandmother, who can't see very well, saw this game running on my 56" Pioneer G10 TV, and she was absolutely blown away. She almost fell out of her wheelchair. I could have sworn I saw her legs jolt from the shock of SMG's true beauty. No other game has come close to reliving those moments; my Grandmother doesn't even get stimulated by the overrated graphics of Halo 3 and Halo ODST. The Wii is not far behind. Sure, their online is a little bit behind, but I have no doubt that the Big N will make it all the way to the top, above the heavens, and make Microsoft and Sony's online service look last gen. If you are all true gamers, pray with me and support the big N. If you are doubters and haters, pray for death. Nintendo has been #1 for a reason: making the best games and innovating the world is the key to happiness! SystemWar
It's an overclocked gamecube. It's awful. Don't say it's not because the same emulator Dolphin runs wii games with very little code change. Also Dolphin is just an emulator, emulators emulate hardware nothing else, nothing illegal about them. Everyhting other than that is.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 OreoMilkshake

wtf?? you lost me. also, handhelds cannot be compared to consoles because they are severely limited in hardware.

cowgriller
Surprisingly enough, they have amazing games.
ramjam23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ramjam23
Member since 2009 • 188 Posts

I disagree with everything you said.OreoMilkshake

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 funsohng
[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="cowgriller"]

secondly, i'm not insulting assassins creed. i have the game and love. i've played it several times over which is why i can say for a fact that the game gets boring. and what pissed me off the most of the lack of an ending. :evil:

... wouldnt that apply to wii also then? by the way what i meant was that you were only giving examples of bad games (ie. Stalin vs. Martians, and apparently AC) and how graphics influence the quality in those games.
cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 cowgriller

... wouldnt that apply to wii also then? by the way what i meant was that you were only giving examples of bad games (ie. Stalin vs. Martians, and apparently AC) and how graphics influence the quality in those games.funsohng

no. the wii, even though it's stuck with last gen hardware, is not a handheld. handhelds are held to a different standard. btw, if you read my post correctly, you would notice that i never said that AC was a bad game, but rather that i love it and enjoyed it until it got boring. are you even reading what i'm typing or are you just typing whatever you feel like?

cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 cowgriller

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

OreoMilkshake

i'm not saying that don't. i own a psp. i would know that they have some awesome titles as well as crappy ones (untold legends).

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#88 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

Can't agree with the Wii being the best system of all time, I consider it one of the worst Nintendo consoles (not that it's terrible, what I stated is relative please understand that), let alone with other companies thrown into the mix.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 OreoMilkshake

cowgriller

i'm not saying that don't. i own a psp. i would know that they have some awesome titles as well as crappy ones (untold legends).

The way you worded it made it sound like a fantastic handheld game still can't be as good as a console game. Even a bad one.
cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 cowgriller

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]Surprisingly enough, they have amazing games.OreoMilkshake

The way you worded it made it sound like a fantastic handheld game still can't be as good as a console game. Even a bad one.

i'm sorry if i worded it incorrectly. what i meant was that handhelds can't com[are graphically with consoles due to lack of hardware.

asyrian758

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 asyrian758
Member since 2006 • 410 Posts

I can upon this forum, wishing things like Civil Rights were equal. I cannot tolerate those who do no accept the Wii, for whatever reason, especially the uneducated reasons that I have had the torture to have read. My heart hurts deeply; normally, my cold-blooded heart only beats in the night, hidden in the bushes of some beautiful park. As I was frustratedly saying, the Wii has been truly mistreated. The Wii is the best console of all time, and I have irrefutable evidences to back me up: the Wii is the fastest-selling home console; it has the best games with the best developers. The Wii's graphics are always compared to the DS's and the PoSP. The truth is, as much as the uneducated Fan Boy want you to believe in lies, the Wii's graphical powers far exceeds the last generation's; it actually comes very close to this generations, minus the HD. Games like The Conduit are so far above last generation's graphical capabilities. Only hi-end Computers could have rivaled it at that time. SMG has some of the best graphics this generation. My Grandmother, who can't see very well, saw this game running on my 56" Pioneer G10 TV, and she was absolutely blown away. She almost fell out of her wheelchair. I could have sworn I saw her legs jolt from the shock of SMG's true beauty. No other game has come close to reliving those moments; my Grandmother doesn't even get stimulated by the overrated graphics of Halo 3 and Halo ODST. The Wii is not far behind. Sure, their online is a little bit behind, but I have no doubt that the Big N will make it all the way to the top, above the heavens, and make Microsoft and Sony's online service look last gen. If you are all true gamers, pray with me and support the big N. If you are doubters and haters, pray for death. Nintendo has been #1 for a reason: making the best games and innovating the world is the key to happiness! SystemWar

Bahahahahahahaha

First of all,

4/5 of every wii game looks last gen. And 2nd, nintendo's online is complete trash when you look at what xbl and psn have (heck you cant even talk to the people you play with, let alone have a match thats not a lag fest like ssbb and friend codes...........). Also, when you say it has the best games, why does it have the weakest line up when you compare it the other consoles? Face it, the wii shouldnt be compaed to 360/ps3, Ninetndo has gone casual and there main focus is keeping your grandmother entertained. At least with the gamecube, we were getting good CORE games that were graphically the same as the competition.

Wikipedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#92 Wikipedian
Member since 2007 • 1100 Posts

Welcome to System Wars, where open-mindedness is not accepted.

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#93 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
1 level, 1 post, 1 wall of opinion stated as fact, 1 massive fail. GTFO.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#94 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

totally agree ,,

heck timesplitters futer perfect is a gamecube game and that looks and plays better then most games today , ,

also re4 and burnout 4 ,

3 of last gen games that look awsome,

you guys in system wars fail on almost every attempt at flaming either the 360 ps3 or the wii ds or psp ps2, ,

you guys do not know true gaming , ,

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#95 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Seriously, they are. Super Mario Galaxy's graphics on a nice TV are astonishing.

Almost all third party games are bad because developers don't take the time.

Dycras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Dycras
Member since 2009 • 1226 Posts

guys there's a reason he hasn't replied to you all, he's trolling.

Btw I do agree with most of the stuff he said, but some stuff was just over the top or over exaggerated.

Dycras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Dycras
Member since 2009 • 1226 Posts

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

this post speaks for itself.

cowgriller

So does this one :)

lol, its better than the generic crap you'd be able to put up

dylanmcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 dylanmcc
Member since 2008 • 2512 Posts

Opinion, opinion, opinion. There's a difference between that, and facts. Don't get confused between the two ;)

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#99 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

no they arent. The conduit which was clearly a developer trying their absolute best to make a game look really good on wii, still looked like pixelated jaggy garbage. So they tried to cover it up witha bunch of effects like motion blur ect to try to cover up the fact it looked so bad

djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
The Wiis graphics are horrible and your entire wall of text is complete rubbish TC. Even worse is the fact you can get a HD console for 50 dollars cheaper.