Wii 2 in 2011, would you buy it?

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

Lets say a Wii 2 comes out for Holidays 2011 with the following realistic reatures:

- Full Wii BC

- HD graphics, more powerfull than the Ps3/360, but not as big as it could be in the next gen. Think PsOne to DC, instead of PsOne to Xbox.

- Improved online, but not quite as full featured as XBL but free.

- Improved wii-remore that makes it at least as good as Move for motion tracking. (the curent Wii-remote is better at pointing).

- $300-350.

- As third party support, mostly up-ports from the 360/Ps3 at launch.

- Good first party support for launch, but not big titles as a new Galaxy or Zelda (at launch).

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

I hate hypothetical questions.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 loco145

Javy03
Is actually a very realistic scenario. i would be surprised if it isn't announced the next year.
Airacomet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Airacomet
Member since 2004 • 7047 Posts
Probably not, I'm too satisfied with the current Wii to think about an upgrade...
dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

I''m mostly just bored of this gen and ready for new stuff.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
[QUOTE="Javy03"]

loco145
Is actually a very realistic scenario. i would be surprised if it isn't announced the next year.

Announced next year for summer 2012 seems more possible.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
Where's the "in a heart beat" option?
dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dovberg

[QUOTE="Javy03"]

loco145

I agree and will be disappointed if it is isn't at least announced next year.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bread_or_Decide

dovberg
I doubt the new stuff will entice you if you're already bored just as this gen finally got good. I think you just want to buy something shiney and new. Launch titles for new consoles suck. You really in a rush to wait another five years for good games?
Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mystic-G
Member since 2006 • 6462 Posts

Nintendo won't use the Wii-mote again. They won't put their money on it hoping the gimmick lasts. There's already a Wii-HD, it's called Playstation Move and it's failing to appeal to same crowd like the Wii did. Wii 2 would not have the same effect and definitely would never sell nearly as well as the original did. If casual gamers wanted graphics they wouldn't be playing the Wii.

Nintendo is gonna come up with a new idea that will re-attract the same audience they captured with the Wii. Unfortunately, not all of us have been blessed with the brain to imagine something new aside from better hardware.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Nah not right away. Motion controls and Gamecube games and Virtual Console were the big reasons I got a Wii. I'd have to wait a good while to get the next Nintendo machine.
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bread_or_Decide

[QUOTE="loco145"][QUOTE="Javy03"]

dovberg

Wii2 would barely be a leap forward. Nothing better than what the PS3 and 360 offer graphics wise.
Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
I hate Nintendo's consoles and Platformers,so no.Never.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts

Nintendo won't use the Wii-mote again. They won't put their money on it hoping the gimmick lasts. There's already a Wii-HD, it's called Playstation Move and it's failing to appeal to same crowd like the Wii did. Wii 2 would not have the same effect and definitely would never sell nearly as well as the original did. If casual gamers wanted graphics they wouldn't be playing the Wii.

Nintendo is gonna come up with a new idea that will re-attract the same audience they captured with the Wii. Unfortunately, not all of us have been blessed with the brain to imagine something new aside from better hardware.

Mystic-G
You honestly think Move is the successor of Wii? Wow :|
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 loco145

Mystic-G
I actually see a redesigned Wii-mote as the main controller. The Wii-mote(and move) can handle traditional gaming and improve it in many cases. I see no reason to go back to the old dual analog only design. (I would love an analog in the Wiimote/Move though).
Airacomet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Airacomet
[QUOTE="Mystic-G"]

nintendo-4life

I think he said it's more like a "Wii HD" not necessarily its successor...
LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts
I would preorder
Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mystic-G

[QUOTE="Mystic-G"]

nintendo-4life

You honestly think it's not the Wii-gimmick + graphics? :| Wow

icygangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 icygangsta
Member since 2006 • 2897 Posts
No. Not because of any personal vendetta, but because a) I'd rather not buy a Wii 2 at launch, b) Wait for more games to come out, and price to drop, c) and most of all I have better things to spend my money on.
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Bread_or_Decide
[QUOTE="Mystic-G"]

loco145
I actually see a redesigned Wii-mote as the main controller. The Wii-mote(and move) can handle traditional gaming and improve it in many cases. I see no reason to go back to the old dual analog only design. (I would love an analog in the Wiimote/Move though).

I agree. It'll be a new and improved wiimote. Probably something closer to what Move is like.
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 loco145

[QUOTE="dovberg"]

[QUOTE="loco145"] Is actually a very realistic scenario. i would be surprised if it isn't announced the next year.Bread_or_Decide

Wii2 would barely be a leap forward. Nothing better than what the PS3 and 360 offer graphics wise.

No, that's not right. By Next year, even Netbooks will have 360's like graphic power. Nintendo would really had to work hard in order to design something that is not a considerable leap from the 360. Like PSP to 3DS is.

Airacomet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Airacomet

[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="Mystic-G"]

Mystic-G

Wait, what? Lemme get this right, Wii is gimmick and yet, PSMove is not? The logic seems to be beyond me...
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bread_or_Decide

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"][QUOTE="dovberg"]

loco145

No, that's not right. By Next year, even Netbooks will have 360's like graphic power. Nintendo would really had to work hard in order to design something that is not a generation leap from the 360.

I think Nintendo would be happy to just match PS3 graphics and improve the wiimote and thats it. Whatever is most cost effective for them. They don't push technology forward. Just look at the 3DS. It's just the PSP with 3D.

dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dovberg

[QUOTE="dovberg"]

Bread_or_Decide

I doubt the new stuff will entice you if you're already bored just as this gen finally got good. I think you just want to buy something shiney and new. Launch titles for new consoles suck. You really in a rush to wait another five years for good games?

The good stuff might not be right away but almost everything is sequels right now and as much as I enjoy those particular IPs I think they will be able to push them further next gen.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 loco145

[QUOTE="loco145"][QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"] Wii2 would barely be a leap forward. Nothing better than what the PS3 and 360 offer graphics wise. Bread_or_Decide

No, that's not right. By Next year, even Netbooks will have 360's like graphic power. Nintendo would really had to work hard in order to design something that is not a generation leap from the 360.

I think Nintendo would be happy to just match PS3 graphics and improve the wiimote and thats it. Whatever is most cost effective for them. They don't push technology forward. Just look at the 3DS. It's just the PSP with 3D.

You are wrong. The 3DS is more powerful than a PSP. Is not a PSP with 3DS.
Airacomet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Airacomet

dovberg

The good stuff might not be right away but almost everything is sequels right now and as much as I enjoy those particular IPs I think they will be able to push them further next gen.

I'm enjoying this gen but you are right the industry is flooded with sequels...
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bread_or_Decide

dovberg

Bayonetta, Vanquish, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, and so many more downlodable titles availble that are great and not sequels. You gotta dig deep but I prefer that to starting a new gen just to wait for good games.
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Bread_or_Decide
[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]

[QUOTE="loco145"] No, that's not right. By Next year, even Netbooks will have 360's like graphic power. Nintendo would really had to work hard in order to design something that is not a generation leap from the 360.loco145

Looks the same to me.
1MM3NS1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 1MM3NS1TY
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I'll never purchase a Nintendo product, ever again. 360 and my PC are all I need. Besides, I'm over 12 and there's nothing like the XBL experience on any Nintendo machine.
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bread_or_Decide
[QUOTE="dovberg"]

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"] I doubt the new stuff will entice you if you're already bored just as this gen finally got good. I think you just want to buy something shiney and new. Launch titles for new consoles suck. You really in a rush to wait another five years for good games?Airacomet

I'm enjoying this gen but you are right the industry is flooded with sequels...

I read this and I think, have you really been looking for good original games? They exist you have to go find them. Also it's very silly to complain about sequels to new IP's seeing as these franchises just started. Uncharted and Gears may be getting sequels but these are fresh IP's. This just feels like gamer ADHD to me.
Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mystic-G
[QUOTE="Mystic-G"]

[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"] You honestly think Move is the successor of Wii? Wow :|Airacomet

Wait, what? Lemme get this right, Wii is gimmick and yet, PSMove is not? The logic seems to be beyond me...

In what part of everything I said did I insinuate the Move isn't a gimmick? If anything I pushed the idea that it's just as much of a gimmick. Try and take off your SW glasses, I'm in no way a fanboy in this, just stating the cold hard truth.
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 loco145

[QUOTE="loco145"][QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"] I think Nintendo would be happy to just match PS3 graphics and improve the wiimote and thats it. Whatever is most cost effective for them. They don't push technology forward. Just look at the 3DS. It's just the PSP with 3D.

Bread_or_Decide

Looks the same to me.

Then you see wrong. Very, but very wrong. Starting for the fact that the 3DS can support shaders of the level of Dx9 and even some Dx10 features. Per pixel lighting and self shadowing? Even the Xbox has problems doing that at the level the 3DS is doing it. PSP has no hope of being in the same tier.

Airacomet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Airacomet
I'll never purchase a Nintendo product, ever again. 360 and my PC are all I need. Besides, I'm over 12 and there's nothing like the XBL experience on any Nintendo machine.1MM3NS1TY
Yea you had the crowd's ear until the 'over 12' part...kinda, gave yourself away...just food for thought.
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 loco145
[QUOTE="1MM3NS1TY"]I'll never purchase a Nintendo product, ever again. 360 and my PC are all I need. Besides, I'm over 12 and there's nothing like the XBL experience on any Nintendo machine.Airacomet
Yea you had the crowd's ear until the 'over 12' part...kinda, gave yourself away...just food for thought.

Exactly, when you are over 13 you will realize that swearing at a bunch of strangers is not that fun.
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
Even if the average lifespan of previous Nintendo consoles is any indication (an average of 5 years between generations), a predecessor to the Wii might be announced in 2011 - but I wouldn't expect a release - especially when the system is still selling as well as it is, and the 3DS on the way - they can sit back longer before an announcement. You also mention HD graphics, but if the Wii is any indication, there's enough of an audience who don't seem to have graphics as their number 1 priority.
Airacomet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Airacomet

[QUOTE="Airacomet"][QUOTE="Mystic-G"]

Mystic-G

In what part of everything I said did I insinuate the Move isn't a gimmick? If anything I pushed the idea that it's just as much of a gimmick. Try and take off your SW glasses, I'm in no way a fanboy in this, just stating the cold hard truth.

Well you said Wii - gimmick + graphics = Move....so yea, that part.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bread_or_Decide

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"][QUOTE="loco145"] You are wrong. The 3DS is more powerful than a PSP. Is not a PSP with 3DS. loco145

Looks the same to me.

Then you see wrong. Very, but very wrong. Starting for the fact that the 3DS can support shaders of the level of Dx9 and even some Dx10 features. Per pixel lighting and self shadowing? Even the Xbox has problems doing that at the level the 3DS is doing it. PSP has no hope of being in the same tier.

When I see what current PSP games are offering I don't see the 3DS as being that impressive. SFIV looks pixelated. Kid Icarus looks just as good as any PSP game to me. Even comparing the two MGS games I think they look the same. Peace Walker and Snake Eater 3D look identical. Chains of Olympus looks as good as any 3DS game show cased so far and the new GOW for PSP looks even better. The technical specs may tell one story but the actual games tell another.
dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dovberg

[QUOTE="dovberg"]

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"] I doubt the new stuff will entice you if you're already bored just as this gen finally got good. I think you just want to buy something shiney and new. Launch titles for new consoles suck. You really in a rush to wait another five years for good games?Bread_or_Decide

Bayonetta, Vanquish, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, and so many more downlodable titles availble that are great and not sequels. You gotta dig deep but I prefer that to starting a new gen just to wait for good games.

I guess it's more about wanting Nintendo to have something new. Those are all excellent titles but they could be more next gen.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 loco145

Even if the average lifespan of previous Nintendo consoles is any indication (an average of 5 years between generations), a predecessor to the Wii might be announced in 2011 - but I wouldn't expect a release - especially when the system is still selling as well as it is, and the 3DS on the way - they can sit back longer before an announcement. You also mention HD graphics, but if the Wii is any indication, there's enough of an audience who don't seem to have graphics as their number 1 priority.Stinger78

Is not a priority for many people, but if Nintendo want to fix their Wii problems (lack of third party support) they need to use modern hardware, which implies HD graphics.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Bread_or_Decide

dovberg

I guess it's more about wanting Nintendo to have something new. Those are all excellent titles but they could be more next gen.

I think the Wii has some of the best weird original titles. More so than the other two.
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 loco145

[QUOTE="loco145"]

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"] Looks the same to me. Bread_or_Decide

When I see what current PSP games are offering I don't see the 3DS as being that impressive. SFIV looks pixelated. Kid Icarus looks just as good as any PSP game to me. Even comparing the two MGS games I think they look the same. Peace Walker and Snake Eater 3D look identical. Chains of Olympus looks as good as any 3DS game show cased so far and the new GOW for PSP looks even better. The technical specs may tell one story but the actual games tell another.

Re:R looks better than any PSP games, RE:M is downscalled Re5... And the two MGS looks the same? :roll: MGS3:3D is an upgrade from the PS2 game, let alone the PSP games. And yes, some games do look Pixelated, but not at the level of PSP, which has awful texture aliasing and color dithering to boot. SSFIV is an uncompromissed port of a HD game, something that Capcom themselves said that the PSP (and the Wii) could not handle.

dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dovberg

[QUOTE="dovberg"]

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"] Bayonetta, Vanquish, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, and so many more downlodable titles availble that are great and not sequels. You gotta dig deep but I prefer that to starting a new gen just to wait for good games. Bread_or_Decide

I think the Wii has some of the best weird original titles. More so than the other two.

I have to admit I totally love Red Steel 2 and the No More Heroes series(Muramasa looks cool too but I don't have it), but there is far more on the other systems. I guess I also have to mention I'm a major graphics whore and when I notice such a huge difference between ps3 and pc it makes me want a new gen.

1MM3NS1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 1MM3NS1TY
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="Airacomet"][QUOTE="1MM3NS1TY"]I'll never purchase a Nintendo product, ever again. 360 and my PC are all I need. Besides, I'm over 12 and there's nothing like the XBL experience on any Nintendo machine.loco145

Exactly, when you are over 13 you will realize that swearing at a bunch of strangers is not that fun.

Huh, who did that, again?
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Bread_or_Decide

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"][QUOTE="loco145"] Then you see wrong. Very, but very wrong. Starting for the fact that the 3DS can support shaders of the level of Dx9 and even some Dx10 features. Per pixel lighting and self shadowing? Even the Xbox has problems doing that at the level the 3DS is doing it. PSP has no hope of being in the same tier.

loco145

Re:R looks better than any PSP games, RE:M is downs called Re5... And the two MGS looks the same? :roll: MGS3:3D is an upgrade from the PS2 game, let alone the PSP games. And yes, some games do look Pixelated, but not at the level of PSP, which has awful texture aliasing and color dithering to boot.

I really don't trust any of those RE screen shots. Until the final product comes out I don't believe them for a second. Seems to me they are seconds away from turning into more pixelated nonsense.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

I hate Nintendo's consoles and Platformers,so no.Never.Ratchet_Fan8

Why does someone who's name is Ratchet_Fan say they hate platformers?

Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Mystic-G

Reasons why the Wii-mote won't return....
1) The hype over it is over with and definitely will have minimal wow-factor next time around
2) 3rd party titles fail to make use of it
3) Nintendo's first party titles are starting to cut back on its use. (Playing sideways with the wand? C'mon, might aswell use the c1assic controller.)
4) Playstation Move hurt Nintendo's chances of wow-ing the audience with merely better graphics.

If one thing we can all agree on is that Nintendo isn't predictable which keeps them two steps ahead a lot of times. A Wii 2 would be a massive mistake to make. Nintendo will NOT recapture the same audience they caught with the Wii by introducing a upgrade of a ongoing gimmick. If anything Nintendo is gonna work on ways they can implement family/party play better while giving that fresh smell to the product. Something that's gonna make the consumer go "Wow, I never tried something like that before."

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 loco145

[QUOTE="loco145"][QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"] When I see what current PSP games are offering I don't see the 3DS as being that impressive. SFIV looks pixelated. Kid Icarus looks just as good as any PSP game to me. Even comparing the two MGS games I think they look the same. Peace Walker and Snake Eater 3D look identical. Chains of Olympus looks as good as any 3DS game show cased so far and the new GOW for PSP looks even better. The technical specs may tell one story but the actual games tell another. Bread_or_Decide

Re:R looks better than any PSP games, RE:M is downs called Re5... And the two MGS looks the same? :roll: MGS3:3D is an upgrade from the PS2 game, let alone the PSP games. And yes, some games do look Pixelated, but not at the level of PSP, which has awful texture aliasing and color dithering to boot.

I really don't trust any of those RE screen shots. Until the final product comes out I don't believe them for a second. Seems to me they are seconds away from turning into more pixelated nonsense.

There's nothing in those RE 3DS shots that the 3DS can't handle. kid Icarus looks like it does because its (probably) running on a GC/Wii engine, while Capcom ported their High end engine to the device in a few months. Nintendo doesn't has that tech yet.
dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dovberg

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"][QUOTE="loco145"] Then you see wrong. Very, but very wrong. Starting for the fact that the 3DS can support shaders of the level of Dx9 and even some Dx10 features. Per pixel lighting and self shadowing? Even the Xbox has problems doing that at the level the 3DS is doing it. PSP has no hope of being in the same tier.

loco145

Re:R looks better than any PSP games, RE:M is downscalled Re5... And the two MGS looks the same? :roll: MGS3:3D is an upgrade from the PS2 game, let alone the PSP games. And yes, some games do look Pixelated, but not at the level of PSP, which has awful texture aliasing and color dithering to boot. SSFIV is an uncompromissed port of a HD game, something that Capcom themselves said that the PSP (and the Wii) could not handle.

SS43d is actually just low res and it looks great in motion. MGS3 is usually looked at as one of PS2s best looking game(if not the best) and there are noticeable improvements between ps2 and 3ds. I always remember my friends telling me how great that graphics were for FFX last gen and I had my xbox and just laughed, seems about the same.

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts
Only if it launched with Metroid Prime 4.