Wii 2 in 2011, would you buy it?

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sw33tChilLi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Sw33tChilLi
Member since 2009 • 328 Posts
Im done with Ninty consoles unless they change rapidly, but i aint finished with their handhelds
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
Not until they get their online issues worked out get rid of stupid friend codes.
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

Reasons why the Wii-mote won't return....
1) The hype over it is over with and definitely will have minimal wow-factor next time around
2) 3rd party titles fail to make use of it
3) Nintendo's first party titles are starting to cut back on its use. (Playing sideways with the wand? C'mon, might aswell use the c1assic controller.)
4) Playstation Move hurt Nintendo's chances of wow-ing the audience with merely better graphics.

If one thing we can all agree on is that Nintendo isn't predictable which keeps them two steps ahead a lot of times. A Wii 2 would be a massive mistake to make. Nintendo will NOT recapture the same audience they caught with the Wii by introducing a upgrade of a ongoing gimmick. If anything Nintendo is gonna work on ways they can implement family/party play better while giving that fresh smell to the product. Something that's gonna make the consumer go "Wow, I never tried something like that before."

Mystic-G

And Upgraded wii-remote (or something that retains its core functions) will return because the Next Nintendo console needs a way to play traditional games.

dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#54 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

[QUOTE="loco145"][QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"] When I see what current PSP games are offering I don't see the 3DS as being that impressive. SFIV looks pixelated. Kid Icarus looks just as good as any PSP game to me. Even comparing the two MGS games I think they look the same. Peace Walker and Snake Eater 3D look identical. Chains of Olympus looks as good as any 3DS game show cased so far and the new GOW for PSP looks even better. The technical specs may tell one story but the actual games tell another. Bread_or_Decide

Re:R looks better than any PSP games, RE:M is downs called Re5... And the two MGS looks the same? :roll: MGS3:3D is an upgrade from the PS2 game, let alone the PSP games. And yes, some games do look Pixelated, but not at the level of PSP, which has awful texture aliasing and color dithering to boot.

I really don't trust any of those RE screen shots. Until the final product comes out I don't believe them for a second. Seems to me they are seconds away from turning into more pixelated nonsense.

Have you not seen any videos yet? TGS 2010 did happen.

Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

No. I haven't gotten enough play time out of the Wii to warrant paying that much for its successor.

dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 dovberg

Not until they get their online issues worked out get rid of stupid friend codes.Heil68

IMO friend codes KILLED all my interest in their current online. I'm a big pso fan and when 0 came out on ds I got it only to find out we can't (really)communicate unless we have friend codes.

1MM3NS1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 1MM3NS1TY
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
The Nintendo Wii is simply a catastrophe. I respect other people's opinions, but I honestly can't see how gamers can like that console. If you're below the age of 10, or an old man--sure, but not if you're a serious gamer. That surprises me.
amaneuvering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 amaneuvering
Member since 2009 • 4809 Posts

Pointless question.

It's not gonna happen.

Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts

It's Nintendo. Of course I'll get it eventually.

EDIT: As for the hypothetical question, not right away.

Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Mitazaki
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts

The Nintendo Wii is simply a catastrophe. I respect other people's opinions, but I honestly can't see how gamers can like that console. If you're below the age of 10, or an old man--sure, but not if you're a serious gamer. That surprises me.1MM3NS1TY

Well I am a serious game, over the age of 10 but not quite an old man and I like playing my Wii over my 360. It has more games I enjoy, whats surprising about that?

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#61 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
No I would not. It wouldn't be able to render Wii games at a higher resolution anyway, an HD console would just introduce a new lineup of games (like New Play Control) called Wii HD, where they'd port existing Wii games, boost the resolution (but nothing else) and charge full price again.
Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Mystic-G
Member since 2006 • 6462 Posts

[QUOTE="Mystic-G"]

Reasons why the Wii-mote won't return....
1) The hype over it is over with and definitely will have minimal wow-factor next time around
2) 3rd party titles fail to make use of it
3) Nintendo's first party titles are starting to cut back on its use. (Playing sideways with the wand? C'mon, might aswell use the c1assic controller.)
4) Playstation Move hurt Nintendo's chances of wow-ing the audience with merely better graphics.

If one thing we can all agree on is that Nintendo isn't predictable which keeps them two steps ahead a lot of times. A Wii 2 would be a massive mistake to make. Nintendo will NOT recapture the same audience they caught with the Wii by introducing a upgrade of a ongoing gimmick. If anything Nintendo is gonna work on ways they can implement family/party play better while giving that fresh smell to the product. Something that's gonna make the consumer go "Wow, I never tried something like that before."

loco145

And Upgraded wii-remote (or something that retains its core functions) will return because the Next Nintendo console needs a way to play traditional games.

It's called a backwards compatible controller capability.

Elutheria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Elutheria
Member since 2003 • 286 Posts
If it's anything like the Wii then hell no. If they produce something credible that can compete in the next gen and is capable of playing next gen multiplats then maybe, but I will certainly not be an early adopter, Nintendo have a lot to prove next gen if they want to be taken seriously again.
nf1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 nf1994
Member since 2008 • 205 Posts

I voted that i am done with nintendo but also i dont feel like it would be an upgrade from my PS3. The playstation move is a great piece of kit which i think is much better than my wii which i played little on since i got it. Move really makes the wii reduntant as it is now for me and dont think that nintendo exclusives are thaty bid a draw.

1MM3NS1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 1MM3NS1TY

[QUOTE="1MM3NS1TY"]The Nintendo Wii is simply a catastrophe. I respect other people's opinions, but I honestly can't see how gamers can like that console. If you're below the age of 10, or an old man--sure, but not if you're a serious gamer. That surprises me.Mitazaki

Well I am a serious game, over the age of 10 but not quite an old man and I like playing my Wii over my 360. It has more games I enjoy, whats surprising about that?

I don't know, I find that very peculiar.
dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 dovberg

meh...I like NEW controllers. I'm not interested in motion controls and I'm not interested in using the same thing over again...does that mean I'm stuck with MS?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50604 Posts

Yes, in a heart beat.

But I want BD drive, a large hard drive, and sound at least on a par with Ps3.

Without that then no...so no I guess?

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 loco145
If it's anything like the Wii then hell no. If they produce something credible that can compete in the next gen and is capable of playing next gen multiplats then maybe, but I will certainly not be an early adopter, Nintendo have a lot to prove next gen if they want to be taken seriously again.Elutheria
Did you read the specs I gave you?
Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Mitazaki

[QUOTE="Mitazaki"]

[QUOTE="1MM3NS1TY"]The Nintendo Wii is simply a catastrophe. I respect other people's opinions, but I honestly can't see how gamers can like that console. If you're below the age of 10, or an old man--sure, but not if you're a serious gamer. That surprises me.1MM3NS1TY

What's peculiar about it? Its simple, I have more fun playing my Wii over my 360, I have more games for my Wii over my 360.

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
Maybe i will maybe i wont, i'll wait when it's actually announced.
1MM3NS1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 1MM3NS1TY

[QUOTE="1MM3NS1TY"][QUOTE="Mitazaki"]

Mitazaki

What's peculiar about it? Its simple, I have more fun playing my Wii over my 360, I have more games for my Wii over my 360.

How can you prefer playing the very tedious Wii Sports, when you can play MW2 with your friends on XBL?
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 loco145

[QUOTE="Mitazaki"]

[QUOTE="1MM3NS1TY"] I don't know, I find that very peculiar. 1MM3NS1TY

How can you prefer playing the very tedious Wii Sports, when you can play MW2 with your friends on XBL?

Because MW2 is a crap game. SMG2 is a much, much better game.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#73 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i would wait for a decent enough lineup. like i'm doing with the 3DS.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
[QUOTE="Javy03"]

I hate hypothetical questions.

loco145
Is actually a very realistic scenario. i would be surprised if it isn't announced the next year.

with the 3ds coming out mid of next year nintendo wouldn't want the 2 systems clash so i highly doubt that there be a new nintendo console next year and it wont be called a wii 2
1MM3NS1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 1MM3NS1TY

loco145

Because MW2 is a crap game. SMG2 is a much, much better game.

SMG2 is a game you complete within hours, then you throw it on the shelf. If you've got friends IRL, MW2 is literally one of the most enjoyable games you can experience at the moment, to be honest with you.
dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 dovberg

[QUOTE="loco145"][QUOTE="Javy03"]

I hate hypothetical questions.

elbert_b_23

Is actually a very realistic scenario. i would be surprised if it isn't announced the next year.

with the 3ds coming out mid of next year nintendo wouldn't want the 2 systems clash so i highly doubt that there be a new nintendo console next year and it wont be called a wii 2

Handhelds don't clash with home consoles. After the sales of the Wii and DS this seems pretty clear that they'll be safe.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="Mystic-G"]

Nintendo won't use the Wii-mote again. They won't put their money on it hoping the gimmick lasts. There's already a Wii-HD, it's called Playstation Move and it's failing to appeal to same crowd like the Wii did. Wii 2 would not have the same effect and definitely would never sell nearly as well as the original did. If casual gamers wanted graphics they wouldn't be playing the Wii.

Nintendo is gonna come up with a new idea that will re-attract the same audience they captured with the Wii. Unfortunately, not all of us have been blessed with the brain to imagine something new aside from better hardware.

Mystic-G

You honestly think Move is the successor of Wii? Wow :|

You honestly think it's not the Wii-gimmick + graphics? :| Wow

So if the product does the same thing.. it's going to sell the same as well... Hmm.. that actually makes sense considering PS2 and Xbox sold about... oh wait :|
dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 dovberg

MW2 is a game I play for less than 10 mins and then remember I'm bored of CoD already. SMG2 is a game I play for less than 10 minutes and then remember I'm bored of Mario64 already.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"][QUOTE="loco145"] Is actually a very realistic scenario. i would be surprised if it isn't announced the next year.dovberg

Handhelds don't clash with home consoles. After the sales of the Wii and DS this seems pretty clear that they'll be safe.

but the launch of 2 new big name systems would, even more so when most gamers can't keep up with paying for games as it is, nintendo is putting in everything in the 3ds it is their prize and joy i highly doubt they would think of clashing it with anything else, and if you look at it besides if you look at it besides the gba and gc nintendo has never released a handheld system in same year as a console
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#80 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
No.
Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Mitazaki

[QUOTE="Mitazaki"]

[QUOTE="1MM3NS1TY"] I don't know, I find that very peculiar. 1MM3NS1TY

Well your problem been you are making assumptions. I don't play Wii Sports, I am playing a mix of games on my Wii, from games such as Gods vs Humans to Kirby's Epic Yarn. I am also playing Amnesia The Dark Descent, Monster Hunter 3, WoW, and a few others. I don't like Mordern Warware 2, I find it to be boring and really don't like playing FPS on consoles, I have a decent PC that is more than capable of playing FPS and doing that online much better and with friends.

standarddamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#82 standarddamage
Member since 2006 • 1143 Posts

After what I've been through with the Wii this generation? No way. They have a lot to prove before I ever touch another one of their consoles.

Falcon084-2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#83 Falcon084-2
Member since 2010 • 225 Posts

I own every console except sega and atari. I'd love to complete my collection with the Wii and Wii 2.

1MM3NS1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 1MM3NS1TY

Mitazaki

Well your problem been you are making assumptions. I don't play Wii Sports, I am playing a mix of games on my Wii, from games such as Gods vs Humans to Kirby's Epic Yarn. I am also playing Amnesia The Dark Descent, Monster Hunter 3, WoW, and a few others. I don't like Mordern Warware 2, I find it to be boring and really don't like playing FPS on consoles, I have a decent PC that is more than capable of playing FPS and doing that online much better and with friends.

Well, you're missing out on something great.
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 loco145

After what I've been through with the Wii this generation? No way. They have a lot to prove before I ever touch another one of their consoles.

standarddamage
And what they have done exactly?
Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Mitazaki

[QUOTE="Mitazaki"]

[QUOTE="1MM3NS1TY"] How can you prefer playing the very tedious Wii Sports, when you can play MW2 with your friends on XBL?1MM3NS1TY

Well, you're missing out on something great.

I am not really missing anything, I have been gaming since Commodore 64 and so I have played some of the best games and some of the worst and Mordern Warfare 2 is nothing special. great you enjoy it but I have played far better games in my time.

xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
nintendo will never push graphics
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 nintendo-4life
nintendo will never push graphicsxbox360isgr8t
Cutting edge graphics were never a requirement for a good console. They just need standard graphics.
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 loco145
They wont, but their next console will still be considerably more powerfull than the 360/Ps3.
hd5870corei7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 hd5870corei7
Member since 2010 • 1612 Posts

No because the PS4 would be out christmas 2012

Falcon084-2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#91 Falcon084-2
Member since 2010 • 225 Posts

They sure did in the mid 80's.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="xbox360isgr8t"]nintendo will never push graphicsFalcon084-2

They sure did in the mid 80's.

They did it with all their consoles til the Wii. Hell, they are doing it again with the 3DS. Hate the forum children who think they "know Nintendo".
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 farnham
Member since 2003 • 21147 Posts

1. it wont be released in 2011

2. nobody will buy a nintendo hardware in systemwars no matter what.

standarddamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#94 standarddamage
Member since 2006 • 1143 Posts

And what they have done exactly?loco145

For me? Nothing. Which was the point of my response.

They got carried away with their own success and focused almost exclusively on both casual and non-gamers. We ended up with a drought as a result. Futhermore, the consolestarted out behind from a technical standpoint, so it becomes less and less relevent to me as this generation moves forward. Third parties mostly bury it in shovelware with a few rare exceptions, and even the exceptions require concessions in either game length, graphics, AI, online, or all of the above.

Don't get me wrong, I don't completely regret my purchase thanks to games like Godfather: Blackhand, Galaxy and Galaxy 2, House of the Dead Overkill, and Shattered Memories, but it's by far the most unused system in our house. Even our kids would rather play games like Katamari, Burnout, and the Lego series on the PS3 and 360 than any of the usual Nintendo staples.

What personally burned me was when we replaced our original Wii with a new one and they wouldn't let me transfer the Virtual Console games over because they supposedly have no way of tying the games to any kind of real account...it's only tied to the machine itself. Talk about being behind.

I tried to support Ninty this generation because I believed they would do something amazing. Instead, their business model took them away from the core audience. I'm not insulted or saddened...it's just business. But if that's how it's going to be, I'm taking my business elsewhere. It's that simple.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

Well, based off of the hypothetical scenario in the opening post, Wii 2 really wouldn't offer a whole lot to me since I own a 360 & PS3 already. The only thing I'd get is basically first party games and even then the good ones would be in the distant future.

The problem with HD game development is most games are multiplat. It's hard to justify owning multiple systems. By the time the Wii2 got a library to make it worth buying for a 360/PS3 owner, the PS3 and 360's successors will have been released with much better hardware than the Wii2 offers.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 loco145

[QUOTE="loco145"]And what they have done exactly?standarddamage

For me? Nothing. Which was the point of my response.

They got carried away with their own success and focused almost exclusively on both casual and non-gamers. We ended up with a drought as a result. Futhermore, the consolestarted out behind from a technical standpoint, so it becomes less and less relevent to me as this generation moves forward. Third parties mostly bury it in shovelware with a few rare exceptions, and even the exceptions require concessions in either game length, graphics, AI, online, or all of the above.

Don't get me wrong, I don't completely regret my purchase thanks to games like Godfather: Blackhand, Galaxy and Galaxy 2, House of the Dead Overkill, and Shattered Memories, but it's by far the most unused system in our house. Even our kids would rather play games like Katamari, Burnout, and the Lego series on the PS3 and 360 than any of the usual Nintendo staples.

What personally burned me was when we replaced our original Wii with a new one and they wouldn't let me transfer the Virtual Console games over because they supposedly have no way of tying the games to any kind of real account...it's only tied to the machine itself. Talk about being behind.

I tried to support Ninty this generation because I believed they would do something amazing. Instead, their business model took them away from the core audience. I'm not insulted or saddened...it's just business. But if that's how it's going to be, I'm taking my business elsewhere. It's that simple.

That's false, they released more "core" games this gen than the last.
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 loco145

Well, based off of the hypothetical scenario in the opening post, Wii 2 really wouldn't offer a whole lot to me since I own a 360 & PS3 already. The only thing I'd get is basically first party games and even then the good ones would be in the distant future.

The problem with HD game development is most games are multiplat. It's hard to justify owning multiple systems. By the time the Wii2 got a library to make it worth buying for a 360/PS3 owner, the PS3 and 360's successors will have been released with much better hardware than the Wii2 offers.

SakusEnvoy

What about the supperior versions of multipats?

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 nintendo-4life

[QUOTE="SakusEnvoy"]

loco145

That never happened.
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 loco145
[QUOTE="loco145"]

[QUOTE="SakusEnvoy"]

nintendo-4life

That never happened.

Wii 2 would be considerably more powerfull than the 360/Ps3, so it will get the best version of multipats.
dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 dovberg

[QUOTE="dovberg"]

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"] with the 3ds coming out mid of next year nintendo wouldn't want the 2 systems clash so i highly doubt that there be a new nintendo console next year and it wont be called a wii 2elbert_b_23

but the launch of 2 new big name systems would, even more so when most gamers can't keep up with paying for games as it is, nintendo is putting in everything in the 3ds it is their prize and joy i highly doubt they would think of clashing it with anything else, and if you look at it besides if you look at it besides the gba and gc nintendo has never released a handheld system in same year as a console

If they were both released around the same time it could be an issue but I doubt it will be around the same time but who knows at this point.