Why Xbox Live is and will always be greater than PSN

• 183 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

[QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"] Maybe you should read up on The Cloud and what it will do for X1 gaming. PSN is just getting updated to 2009 XBL. Microsoft just upgraded ONE of it's hubs at $700,000,000. Thats a upgrade price to one area. Sony purchased Gaikai for $380,000,000. There is no way. NO WAY PSN is going to compete when these two consoles role out. Im not mad at you though.FoxbatAlpha

The Cloud :lol:

Laugh it up fuzzball. You obviously are too blind by your fanboyism to educate yourself. I'm not stating that it will give the X1 100x the power and turn it into something it isnt. Better connections, no more hosts with dedcated servers. large mulitplayer capacity, are all benefits. Your BoreStation will still be feeding you 12 player maps and crap download speeds. But hey its not going to be me sitting there waiting forever. You made your choice, I hope you are happy with it.

Props for the Star Wars quote. Do you even know how cloud technology works? My guess is no. The cloud will not improve download speeds :lol:. What planet are you on? Better connections? :lol: Again, not due to the cloud. Look up "Latency" and how important it is to the cloud. :lol: You guys crack me up.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts
My problem with PSN is that's functionality is abysmal. Hours to download patches and hours more to install them, same with demos, on a service that has terrible security...I don't care about free games when I'm too afraid to put my Credit Card number in my PS3
FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

[QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"][QUOTE="dream431ca"]

The Cloud :lol:

dream431ca

Laugh it up fuzzball. You obviously are too blind by your fanboyism to educate yourself. I'm not stating that it will give the X1 100x the power and turn it into something it isnt. Better connections, no more hosts with dedcated servers. large mulitplayer capacity, are all benefits. Your BoreStation will still be feeding you 12 player maps and crap download speeds. But hey its not going to be me sitting there waiting forever. You made your choice, I hope you are happy with it.

Props for the Star Wars quote. Do you even know how cloud technology works? My guess is no. The cloud will not improve download speeds :lol:. What planet are you on? Better connections? :lol: Again, not due to the cloud. Look up "Latency" and how important it is to the cloud. :lol: You guys crack me up.

Yes i know how technology works. I buy something and it does what i want. The XBL download speeds are already superior over PSN. They are only going to get better with time. Cloud or not. Yes If i am jacked into a server that is local to me i will have a better connection than some dude in San Fransisco that has host, while playing Halo 4. You cows just dont want to accept that MS is going to define the next generation. If we were playing Kinect now I would kick you in your virtual groin. Thats telekinesis Kyle!
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Mr720fan
Member since 2013 • 2795 Posts

PS+ is the better service. No contest.

RR360DD

Maybe you should read up on The Cloud and what it will do for X1 gaming. PSN is just getting updated to 2009 XBL. Microsoft just upgraded ONE of it's hubs at $700,000,000. Thats a upgrade price to one area. Sony purchased Gaikai for $380,000,000. There is no way. NO WAY PSN is going to compete when these two consoles role out. Im not mad at you though.

Theres no use trying to inform these roaches. They're playing the old 'ill believe it when I see it' card.

And when they do see it, they'll no doubt resort to downplaying it or falling back on the fact Yoshida said the PS4 is capable of the same stuff.

I'm sure it is :lol:

roaches lol oh man

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Mr720fan

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

[QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"] Laugh it up fuzzball. You obviously are too blind by your fanboyism to educate yourself. I'm not stating that it will give the X1 100x the power and turn it into something it isnt. Better connections, no more hosts with dedcated servers. large mulitplayer capacity, are all benefits. Your BoreStation will still be feeding you 12 player maps and crap download speeds. But hey its not going to be me sitting there waiting forever. You made your choice, I hope you are happy with it.FoxbatAlpha

Yes i know how technology works. I buy something and it does what i want. The XBL download speeds are already superior over PSN. They are only going to get better with time. Cloud or not. Yes If i am jacked into a server that is local to me i will have a better connection than some dude in San Fransisco that has host, while playing Halo 4. You cows just dont want to accept that MS is going to define the next generation. If we were playing Kinect now I would kick you in your virtual groin. Thats telekinesis Kyle!

You flat out own

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

.why-is-this-thread-back-again.jpg

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 dream431ca

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

[QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"] Laugh it up fuzzball. You obviously are too blind by your fanboyism to educate yourself. I'm not stating that it will give the X1 100x the power and turn it into something it isnt. Better connections, no more hosts with dedcated servers. large mulitplayer capacity, are all benefits. Your BoreStation will still be feeding you 12 player maps and crap download speeds. But hey its not going to be me sitting there waiting forever. You made your choice, I hope you are happy with it.FoxbatAlpha

:lol: You wouldn't be able to kick me in the groin because no one plays Kinect. :lol: Your post has some serious assumptions. Do you truly believe the XBone is going to be like your wildest dreams? :lol:

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

dream431ca

:lol: You wouldn't be able to kick me in the groin because no one plays Kinect. :lol: Your post has some serious assumptions. Do you truly believe the XBone is going to be like your wildest dreams? :lol:

Wildest dreams? like the ones were naked girls dance around me and throw pickles at me? Not the X1 will not be that good. But when i want to game.....OOOHHHHHHHHHHHH look out!!!!!!!! The X1 will be everything a gamer could want rolled into ONE. Now a word from our sponsor.
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 dream431ca

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

[QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"] Yes i know how technology works. I buy something and it does what i want. The XBL download speeds are already superior over PSN. They are only going to get better with time. Cloud or not. Yes If i am jacked into a server that is local to me i will have a better connection than some dude in San Fransisco that has host, while playing Halo 4. You cows just dont want to accept that MS is going to define the next generation. If we were playing Kinect now I would kick you in your virtual groin. Thats telekinesis Kyle!FoxbatAlpha

Wildest dreams? like the ones were naked girls dance around me and throw pickles at me? Not the X1 will not be that good. But when i want to game.....OOOHHHHHHHHHHHH look out!!!!!!!! The X1 will be everything a gamer could want rolled into ONE. Now a word from our sponsor.

K, just wondering.

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Mr720fan

dream431ca

:lol: at you using :lol: all the time... i started that :lol: and yes i would do a kinect throw water in you face gesture if I could too.

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Mr720fan

.why-is-this-thread-back-again.jpg

stereointegrity

cow wants to bury the truth..

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 dream431ca

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

[QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"] Yes i know how technology works. I buy something and it does what i want. The XBL download speeds are already superior over PSN. They are only going to get better with time. Cloud or not. Yes If i am jacked into a server that is local to me i will have a better connection than some dude in San Fransisco that has host, while playing Halo 4. You cows just dont want to accept that MS is going to define the next generation. If we were playing Kinect now I would kick you in your virtual groin. Thats telekinesis Kyle!Mr720fan

:lol: at you using :lol: all the time... i started that :lol: and yes i would do a kinect throw water in you face gesture if I could too.

How could I not use :lol: ? Pffftt...Started that :lol:......:|.....:lol:

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#163 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

[QUOTE="no-scope-AK47"]

So when psn+ gets all the features of live on the ps4 with all the current advantages and is cheaper then what ??

RR360DD

How do you know it will get all the features? Sony can barely keep afloat LOL whereas Microsoft is off investing half a billion in Cloud servers willy nilly.

The presentation at the e3 listed many of live's features but all I care about is cross game party video/chat.

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Mr720fan

[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

dream431ca

im joking :lol: you are DC hard today for SONY. You are shilly

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 dream431ca

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

Mr720fan

im joking :lol: you are DC hard today for SONY. You are shilly

Who said anything about Sony? And the irony is unbearable with your post :?

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#166 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

It's funny there are so many alt accounts in this one thread.

robybaggio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 robybaggio
Member since 2004 • 562 Posts

I haven't been a Live Gold member in a few years now, but I can admit that it is the better service. My main complaints with PSN are:

1) Nobody really talks during MP

2) Unless it's CoD or Battlefield, MP games don't have a large community a few months after release.

3) Downloads take longer (especially when you add in the absurdly long install times after the download of some games.

4) PS Store is clunky and laggy

5) No Cross game chat/ no party system that let's you switch games while staying with your friends.

6) XMB is very linear

7) Takes a long time to load trophy info as opposed to instantaneously being able to pull it up on Live.

Anyone who says PSN is better than live in the current generation is most likely a fanboy.

With Sony charging to play online now, they better step up to Live's performance level or I see a lot of criticism coming their way.

rockydog1111

That's it, that is the killer, that is why I always prefer playing on Live. People complaing about annoying kids online but you can always mute them. If you are going to play MP and not talk then go play a SP.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#168 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Why do lems think PS4 PSN will be the same as PS3 PSN? One would think Sony would improve on it, no? Especially when it'll be a paid service from now on...

AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 AD216
Member since 2008 • 1719 Posts

Why do lems think PS4 PSN will be the same as PS3 PSN? One would think Sony would improve on it, no? Especially when it'll be a paid service from now on...

Vatusus
they still wont have the servers necessary to be close to competitive. but tbh i dnt even care, im tired of both consoles already. and i guarantee if they post kaz taking a shit on the internet u would see (aaaaaawwwwww yeah!, DAY ONE! and SDC!) i hate all fanboys that blindly rep a company that just want yo damn money and dnt care if u live or die but these roaches r the worst.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

AD216

they still wont have the servers necessary to be close to competitive. but tbh i dnt even care, im tired of both consoles already. and i guarantee if they post kaz taking a shit on the internet u would see (aaaaaawwwwww yeah!, DAY ONE! and SDC!) i hate all fanboys that blindly rep a company that just want yo damn money and dnt care if u live or die but these roaches r the worst.

Oh please, people like always to complaint about cows as if lems are any better. All fanboys are annoying. You just chose to hate more on cows, god knows why...

Some cows here sure are bad but they're no worse than the likes of Percech, mems, Mr720fan, RRODD, Jimmypsn, ShoulderOfOrion etc, etc... dont act like they are or you're just as much as a fanboy as they, pure and simple

inb4youracow

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

36763844.jpg

Lol

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 rjdofu

dream431ca

lems are delusional.
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#173 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

Its easy to sit here and pump up a pay service vs what's currently a free service.  Never mind I can play every online game on PSN that I can on LIVE.

PS Plus on PS4 will add cross game chat, background downloads, and all the stuff Live has that's supposedly so much better.  On top of that, they will continue to give away free games and discounts like Drive Club day one.  Live won't be doing that.  For them, its just a promotion to do until launch.  For PS Plus, its been a way of life.  PS Plus will be superior to Live.

AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 AD216
Member since 2008 • 1719 Posts

[QUOTE="AD216"][QUOTE="Vatusus"]

Vatusus

Oh please, people like always to complaint about cows as if lems are any better. All fanboys are annoying. You just chose to hate more on cows, god knows why...

Some cows here sure are bad but they're no worse than the likes of Percech, mems, Mr720fan, RRODD, Jimmypsn, ShoulderOfOrion etc, etc... dont act like they are or you're just as much as a fanboy as they, pure and simple

inb4youracow

lmao did u even read what i said? i can respect the fact that u have a favorite console and u wanna rep it or whatever. but to worship kaz like he's the second coming of christ is ridiculous. fiercely defending sony on every thread with their lil kaz sigs, gifs and pix. r u serious? theyre easily the worse. followed by the lems. then the hermits. im pretty sure the sheep either died off or went into hiding.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="AD216"] they still wont have the servers necessary to be close to competitive. but tbh i dnt even care, im tired of both consoles already. and i guarantee if they post kaz taking a shit on the internet u would see (aaaaaawwwwww yeah!, DAY ONE! and SDC!) i hate all fanboys that blindly rep a company that just want yo damn money and dnt care if u live or die but these roaches r the worst.AD216

inb4youracow

lmao did u even read what i said? i can respect the fact that u have a favorite console and u wanna rep it or whatever. but to worship kaz like he's the second coming of christ is ridiculous. fiercely defending sony on every thread with their lil kaz sigs, gifs and pix. r u serious? theyre easily the worse. followed by the lems. then the hermits. im pretty sure the sheep either died off or went into hiding.

hum... I'm pretty sure most of those "worshipping" Kaz arent serious. It is a joke. Seriously...

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 rjdofu
[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="AD216"] they still wont have the servers necessary to be close to competitive. but tbh i dnt even care, im tired of both consoles already. and i guarantee if they post kaz taking a shit on the internet u would see (aaaaaawwwwww yeah!, DAY ONE! and SDC!) i hate all fanboys that blindly rep a company that just want yo damn money and dnt care if u live or die but these roaches r the worst.AD216

inb4youracow

Blasphemy! Kneel and apologize to lord Kaz right away!
Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

AD216

YOU know this how? Sony apparently had enough money to beat MS in hardware. This isn't Nintendo you're talking about here. Sony is still a very rich and capable company. It all comes down to company direction as they can both afford servers. It's not going to break the bank for either company. 

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

[QUOTE="AD216"][QUOTE="Vatusus"]

inb4youracow

Vatusus

hum... I'm pretty sure most of those "worshipping" Kaz arent serious. It is a joke. Seriously...

I would ignore that clown. He's just doing what he can to make Lems look better, yet he fails at it. 

Weird_Jerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#179 Weird_Jerk
Member since 2010 • 646 Posts

Today Xbox Live is already better on 360 because of:

Xbox Live download speeds are faster. Pretty sure this is more dependent on your ISP.

Patches are delivered much faster.

Cross game chat. Party chat.

Xbox Live Indie Games. Over 3000

Xbox Live Arcade. Well, Xbox Live Arcade would be better on Xbox.

Much more content than PSN. Too general a point.  Null.

Better GUI interface. Subjective.  Lotsa people hate it.

Xbox Storefront doesn't lag like PSN.

Everyone has mics to communicate with. Lordy, no.

More services and apps available for Xbox

Why Xbox Live will be better in the future too:

All Games have 100% dedicated Servers Doubt this.

MS Azure Cloud Platform makes X1 3 times more powerful LOLOLOL

TwitchTV Integration. Upload Studio Integration. Live Sports Integration. Skype Integration. ok.

Xbox Live download speeds will be even faster It's the future, lol, they better be.

2 Free Games that you get to keep and not just rent. Doesn't PS4 get 5 or something? Idc.

Much more content than PSN. Jesus, this point again.

More services and apps available for Xbox. Literally thousands of applications will be built exclusively for X1.

HD audio wideband voice support for extreme clarity in voice communciation.

New matchmaking technology. Wut.

Xbox Friends List increased to Unlimited. "Well, it's not really unlimited, but...yeah"

Party Chat getting increased to 32 people.

New progressive Achievement and Challenge system.

Full Smartglass integration.

Live TV integration. All videoapps will be present. Netflix, HULU, Amazon Instant Video, Youtube, Sky, Crackle, HBO GO, Infinity TV, Fios TV. and many more. Roku does this already and is a much smaller box.

Possible Windows Marketplace integration? Will update as necessary. Nobody cares for this.

jimmypsn

People need to stop being so thickheaded and believing everything they hear.  It's like you people take these features you don't even use and use them as ownage.  It's almost as bad as when they advertised sharing games as a feature and people were excited.  Come on.  We've been doing this stuff forever.  There's not really anything revolutionary about any of these consoles.  At best, we can hope that they have good games, since the hardware isn't going to be amazing, and I don't much care for Pizza Hut or Kinect.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

[QUOTE="rockydog1111"]

I haven't been a Live Gold member in a few years now, but I can admit that it is the better service. My main complaints with PSN are:

1) Nobody really talks during MP

2) Unless it's CoD or Battlefield, MP games don't have a large community a few months after release.

3) Downloads take longer (especially when you add in the absurdly long install times after the download of some games.

4) PS Store is clunky and laggy

5) No Cross game chat/ no party system that let's you switch games while staying with your friends.

6) XMB is very linear

7) Takes a long time to load trophy info as opposed to instantaneously being able to pull it up on Live.

Anyone who says PSN is better than live in the current generation is most likely a fanboy.

With Sony charging to play online now, they better step up to Live's performance level or I see a lot of criticism coming their way.

robybaggio

That's it, that is the killer, that is why I always prefer playing on Live. People complaing about annoying kids online but you can always mute them. If you are going to play MP and not talk then go play a SP.

ever since party chat was implemented, finding ANYONE who uses game chat on the 360 is a rarity. It's only the rare instances of games that force players into gamechat do you hear people. (even then, everyone that I know just immediately mutes everyone else in lobby before talking)
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#181 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
The Xbox Live online multiplayer paywall is the reason Sony is utilizing a similar policy for the PS4. I cannot praise Xbox Live because of the principle we should not pay for it at all.
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Mr720fan

cows still butthurt about this?? jeez

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts
The Xbox Live online multiplayer paywall is the reason Sony is utilizing a similar policy for the PS4. I cannot praise Xbox Live because of the principle we should not pay for it at all.BranKetra
I really had no problem paying for Live until its evolution moved away from the advancement of cutting edge gaming features and instead plagued the system with casual bloatware, ads and otherwise free media software. Lets hope Sony gets it right.