Why the Wii is not a plausible choice for serious gamers

• 143 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
1. Dual joysticks will most likely get their behinds handed to them by the Wii remote in some genres. 2. You need to play more Wii, then, because the Wii remote will eventually approximate the tennis racket, gun, or whatever. It will take a moment or two, though. 3. Kid games are fun. So are not-kid games. The Wii will have both. 4. It is not seriously underpowered. It's twice the power of the Gamecube. Sony and MS went too far with their consoles.
SHADY_SMOKA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 SHADY_SMOKA
Member since 2006 • 89 Posts
I agree 100%. I own a Wii and a 360. And when I wanna play games with my girlfriend I play the Wii, but when I wanna sit down and get some serious gaming on I play my 360. I couldnt agree more with your statement.
Avatar image for OldSkoolGamer04
OldSkoolGamer04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 OldSkoolGamer04
Member since 2004 • 1616 Posts
Am I the only one who considers the phrase "serious gamer" to be an oxymoron? Am I also the one who doubts being a "serious gamer" should be anyone's goal, as if that's something we should all be striving for?
agrippi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 agrippi
Member since 2003 • 1195 Posts

Look, I've played the Wii a lot at my friend's house, and I've seen enough games to realize that the Wii is working at on a different level than XB360 and PS3. The graphics are worse, the controller is completely different, and there are few good shooters for the Wii. The PS3 has Resistance, and Metal Gear later, and XB360 has GeOW, Lost Planet, Halo 3 in the fall, but what non-ported FPS does the Wii have?

Furthermore, the controller's motion sensing implementation in games ranges anywhere from useless (Marvel Ultimate Alliance) to Hyperaccurate (Excite Truck), leaving gamers unsure of when to trust it and when not to. Marvel Ultimate Alliance's poor motion implementation already suggests to me that ports to the Wii will not be of the same quality as in the past.

Mintshebang

um, have you checked out any reviews of madden for wii? that's one horrible port, eh? and regarding what non-ported FPS the wii has... how about red steel? have you played that on your 360 or ps3? same amount as the ps3 for the record. and, we do have a certain title that is likely going to set the bar how FPS games play in the future. goes by the name of metroid prime: corruption. wait, see and cry when you hold two analogue sticks in your hand after that game has entered the scene.
agrippi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 agrippi
Member since 2003 • 1195 Posts

SHUT UP ALL U SHEEP SAYING THAT WE'RE NOT REAL GAMERS JUST SHUT UP!!!!!!1!1!ONE

You need to understand that you are not a serious gamer. Why? Because you buy Nintendo games. Nintendo games are about sitting down and having fun. Let's take... say.... a game from EPIC. That's a game that will A. Get you wrapped up in competition B. Have you seriously pissed off at other people by the end of the match and C. Have you staring in awe at the magnificence of a player model/game world.

These are things that the Wii will NEVER do. The Wii will provide you with some fun physical activity, and maybe a cute Nintendo game here and there, but never the visceral, pulse-pounding action of a hardcore shooter on the 360/PC/PS3.

pyoob
lol...will you be performing at the comedy club this weekend? you are great. i love how you equate anger at other people as true gaming. that's awesome. ninty fans are seeming more and more mature by the minute after hearing posts like this. sorry, but we don't need anger, gore or photorealism to have fun or compete. ever played mario kart:ds? fun is under-rated these days...at least by some of you chumps.
Skie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#106 Skie7
Member since 2005 • 1031 Posts

You need to understand that you are not a serious gamer. Why? Because you buy Nintendo games. Nintendo games are about sitting down and having fun. Let's take... say.... a game from EPIC. That's a game that will A. Get you wrapped up in competition B. Have you seriously pissed off at other people by the end of the match and C. Have you staring in awe at the magnificence of a player model/game world.

These are things that the Wii will NEVER do. The Wii will provide you with some fun physical activity, and maybe a cute Nintendo game here and there, but never the visceral, pulse-pounding action of a hardcore shooter on the 360/PC/PS3.

pyoob
LOL. You're not a serious gamer because you play for FUN! It's only when you get angry at a game or can sit and stare on it like it's a black light poster and you're on an acid trip that you become a "serious gamer". Sounds to me like serious gaming is some boring stuff. I think I'll stick to gaming for fun/entertainment.
HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#107 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts

First off, a preface:

I have played at least a little bit of all three systems. Each is, in its own way, a really cool device, and I'd buy every one if I had the money. However, I think that the Nintendo Wii has been getting some undue attention in the XB360 and PS3's arena. The wii is nothing like the these two systems. It's an apples to oranges comparison. Why?

Here we go:

Reason #1 - No dual joysticks. In order to play some games, especially shooters, you need to have two joysticks. One for the camera, and one for control. Using the controller's motion sensing to aim is not a substitute, because it's not as accurate.

Reason #2 - Games are about escapism. The whole point of using joystick and buttons controller is to find a portal between the world you live in and the world you want to experience. The Wii's vague approximations of a gun, a tennis racket, a golf club, or a steering wheel, although fun, are a distracting compromise between real world and dream world.

Reason #3 - Nintendo has long been kid game directed. Though this works great for party games and some RPGs, its focus on kid games has led to limited development of FPS's and other more mature games.

Reason #4 - The Wii is seriously underpowered. This issue might not make a difference to sugar-high kids or hip senior citizens, but graphical performance is important in creating complex AI, immersive worlds, etc.

In Conclusion:

The Wii, although it can be a lot of fun, is not a serious gaming machine. The PS3 and XB360 are much better choices in this regard. Parcheesi and Chess are both fun boardgames, but which one is truly strategic in nature?  

Mintshebang
#1 - You fail. The motion sensitivity replaces the right analogy stick. It's not as accurate? Are you kidding? #2 - The Wii's approximations are a "distracting compromise"? :| You've obviously never played a Wii. #3 - You fail again. Nintendo has long been "everyone" game directed. #4 - Did the XBox have games with complex A.I., Immersive worlds, etc.? Phew, the Wii is more powerful than the XBox. I'm a serious gamer (probably been gaming longer than you) - and I chose the Wii.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

pyoob

This thread points to sheep not being serious gamers

You need to understand that you are not a serious gamer
I play all systems including Nintendo games so your point is mute.

Nintendo games are about sitting down and having fun.
The biggest self-ownage in a while. People play games because they CAN SIT DOWN AND HAVE FUN. I wonder what you do with your system of choice. Watch movies?  Games are for fun and nothing else.

These are things that the Wii will NEVER do.
And there are a lot of things Wii can do that PS3 and 360 can't do.

If you don't take all systems seriously how can you tell someone else they aren't a serious gamer? Easily you can't Coming from someone who owned all the systems last gen and this gen if I was a fanboy one system I'd be embarassed to even like the same system as you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
I play all systems including Nintendo games so your point is mute.Blackbond
I believe you were looking for "moot".
Metrovania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110 Metrovania
Member since 2003 • 2540 Posts

Im a serious gamer and I chose Wii

/thread

nintendogamer6
Me to! All these Lemmings and Cows can't understand why serious gamers would want a Wii... well I don't need them to! The Wii is awesome and has great games! I bought it and it's brilliant!! Learn to deal!!
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]I play all systems including Nintendo games so your point is mute.Jandurin

No I meant mute. As in whenever someone so irritating screams and yells no matter how much they do it I don't hear it. It's just silence. You aren't the first to correct me though, guess my speech is just unorthadox.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="Blackbond"]I play all systems including Nintendo games so your point is mute.Blackbond

No I meant mute. As in whenever someone so irritating screams and yells no matter how much they do it I don't hear it. It's just silence. You aren't the first to correct me though, guess my speech is just unorthadox.

Ahahahaha. Fair enough.
Avatar image for 6icks_tea_4hoar
6icks_tea_4hoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 6icks_tea_4hoar
Member since 2007 • 1492 Posts

tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts
I know some people only play Wii's and they're pretty serious.. SSBB almost everyday.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#116 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

so Wii gamers are not series?

are you series?

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
meh this thread is old...
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#118 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

/thread

nintendogamer6

Yeah, I did too, but don't you have SOMETHING else?

If not, I suppose the level of serious is subjective.

V_Isle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 V_Isle
Member since 2006 • 1785 Posts

/thread

nintendogamer6

Which is why the thread is still going and we're already on page 6. :roll:

The Wii is kind of a joke compared to actual consoles. Sold mine a year ago and haven't regretted it one bit.
rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts
TC has pretty much failed on all fronts. TC you have lost the war.
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#122 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
I know some people only play Wii's and they're pretty serious.. SSBB almost everyday. tmntPunchout
thank you for bumping the epic feb 2007 thread
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

What people fail to realize is that for the most part, every adult who is a gamer was a gamer when they were a kid or teen. Very few people started after childhood ended. You have people over 30 who never purchased a video game system in their life buying a Wii. They've been alive since the atari, but the Wii is the first console they've purchased. The Wii brings new people into gaming.

It should get alot of credit for doing that. Eventually those people will want more serious games and their taste won't be shaped by years and years of grooming for what a game should be (ie people who have been gaming since childhood). They'll have a fresh viewpoint and I think game makers will have to rethink the tired old formulas that they live by. When that happens all gamers will benefit.

Remember the Wii. It lured new gamers by being 100% about games, not fancy video formats or trying to be some super multi-media machine.

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
we i agree
MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 MarloStanfield
Member since 2008 • 2409 Posts

Which is why the thread is still going and we're already on page 6. :roll:

The Wii is kind of a joke compared to actual consoles. Sold mine a year ago and haven't regretted it one bit.
V_Isle

The 360 is a low budget, crap PC for people aren't smart enough to use a proper one. The PS3 is a failure with 1 good exclusive

None of the consoles are very good this gen

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

Reason #3 - Nintendo has long been kid game directed. Though this works great for party games and some RPGs, its focus on kid games has led to limited development of FPS's and other more mature games.gic in nature?

Mintshebang

define "kid game."

Darth_Sibbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#127 Darth_Sibbs
Member since 2004 • 4234 Posts

I think the wii is the smartest console this generation by not going after the hardcore gamers. This means that people who would never normally own a console now own one (expanding your market...what a terrible idea, it will never catch on). Additional to this it is essentially 'cool' and not (as???) nerdy to own a wii. You can own a wii and still have some kind of social standing which is a shame... I have a ps3.

I think all the people who hate wii think nintendo has sold out, in truth they've hardly changed, it's become slightly more gimmacy is all.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#128 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
[QUOTE="Mintshebang"]

Reason #3 - Nintendo has long been kid game directed. Though this works great for party games and some RPGs, its focus on kid games has led to limited development of FPS's and other more mature games.gic in nature?

Hewkii

define "kid game."

[QUOTE="Mintshebang"]

Hewkii

define "kid game."

Hookers, Men wearing hockey pants for body armour, Swearing, No plot, Linear gameplay, Big guns, Boobies, Men wearing ice hockey masks, Blood, Blood, Blood.... I've defined what dont go into a kiddies game lawlz.

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

Hookers, Men wearing hockey pants for body armour, Swearing, No plot, Linear gameplay, Big guns, Boobies, Men wearing ice hockey masks, Blood, Blood, Blood.... I've defined what dont go into a kiddies game lawlz.

Dibdibdobdobo

I would think no plot belongs in a kid's game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
This thread wasn't even interesting the first time around >_>
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17882 Posts
gaming for over 20 years. quite enjoy playing games on the wii.
shoemen22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 shoemen22
Member since 2007 • 466 Posts
Im a hardcore gamer and has been ever since the sega megadrive i have played on highend pc and have one of my own ordered i have a ps3 and have played on a mates 360 but the wii I JUST HATE IT. its slow it cant even play dvds it has trouble doing 480p not even HD and it has problems its online is the worse out of any of the others and it has low res games with controls which arnt all that great just desigened as a gimick and nothing more
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#133 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]

Hewkii

I would think no plot belongs in a kid's game.

No adult games for sure. C'mon now you know your to busy thinking "OMG'z i look cool" when your in green hotpants running around like your some Macho-Man on a TV than thinking ""WOAH COOL PLOT".

chazasul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#134 chazasul
Member since 2003 • 3852 Posts

Im a hardcore gamer and has been ever since the sega megadrive i have played on highend pc and have one of my own ordered i have a ps3 and have played on a mates 360 but the wii I JUST HATE IT. its slow it cant even play dvds it has trouble doing 480p not even HD and it has problems its online is the worse out of any of the others and it has low res games with controls which arnt all that great just desigened as a gimick and nothing more shoemen22

Why did you buy a Wii if you're a graphics whore elitist?

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts

First off, a preface:

I have played at least a little bit of all three systems. Each is, in its own way, a really cool device, and I'd buy every one if I had the money. However, I think that the Nintendo Wii has been getting some undue attention in the XB360 and PS3's arena. The wii is nothing like the these two systems. It's an apples to oranges comparison. Why?

Here we go:

Reason #1 - No dual joysticks. In order to play some games, especially shooters, you need to have two joysticks. One for the camera, and one for control.Using the controller's motion sensing to aim is not a substitute, because it's not as accurate.

Have you ever played MP:3 Corruption? The Wii-mote and Nunchuk is not only a perfectly viable option, but arguably superior to dual-analog.

Reason #2 - Games are about escapism. The whole point of usingjoystick and buttonscontroller is to find a portal between the world you live in and the world you want to experience. The Wii's vague approximations of a gun, a tennis racket, a golf club, or a steering wheel, although fun, are a distracting compromise between real world and dream world.

This is a ridiculous argument. By your logic, a game with bad controls would be superior because it distances you even more from the interactivity.

Reason #3 - Nintendo has long been kid game directed. Though this works great for party games and some RPGs, its focus on kid games has led to limited development of FPS's and other more mature games.

So?

Reason #4 - The Wii is seriously underpowered. This issue might not make a difference to sugar-high kids or hip senior citizens, butgraphical performance is important in creating complex AI, immersive worlds, etc.

I can't even start to say how wrong this is.What really allows complex AI and immersive worlds is the processing power. However, that does not create good games, it only creates the potential. It's the developer that determines how good the game is. Super Mario Galaxy got GOTY against the games on superior powered systems for a reason.

In Conclusion:

The Wii, although it can be a lot of fun, is not aserious gaming machine. The PS3 and XB360 are much better choices in this regard.Parcheesi andChess are both fun boardgames, but which one is truly strategic in nature?

How is the Wii anything but a serious gaming machine. The exclusives available are some of the best games of the generation.

Mintshebang

I call bias.

POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#136 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts
I really think HD is a main reason this gen as well, I mean I think all gamers have a little but of graphics whore in them. Everyone wants to be wow'ed visually, its in our nature. I certainly dont agree that the Wii isnt a "serious" gaming machine, but I think that the 360 and PS3 is more appealing to the "core" gamer
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts

[QUOTE="tmntPunchout"]I know some people only play Wii's and they're pretty serious.. SSBB almost everyday. air_wolf_cubed
thank you for bumping the epic feb 2007 thread

I just responded to a year and a half old post? :?

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts
My posts are in italics.

First off, a preface:

Here we go:

Reason #1 - No dual joysticks. In order to play some games, especially shooters, you need to have two joysticks. One for the camera, and one for control. Using the controller's motion sensing to aim is not a substitute, because it's not as accurate.

The Wiimote is far more accurate than dual-joysticks. Have you ever played Metroid Prime 3 or Medal of Honor Heroes 2? Even gaming outlets have come to the conclusion that the Wiimote> dual-joysticks. And it's far more accurate moving a reticule with you pointing as opposed to guiding a reticule with a joystick. It's smoother and more precise. Dual-joysticks have always been clunky.

Reason #2 - Games are about escapism. The whole point of using joystick and buttons controller is to find a portal between the world you live in and the world you want to experience. The Wii's vague approximations of a gun, a tennis racket, a golf club, or a steering wheel, although fun, are a distracting compromise between real world and dream world.

Distracting to who? Using a traditional controller is passive, using the Wiimote forces you to interact with the game. Again, shooting a gun, throwing a lasso, swinging a sword, answering the wiimote like a cell phone, etc etc is innovative, and does a lot better in the immersion department than traditional controller.

What limited development? Again, realistic graphics don't always portray more maturity. Ask the dev's of Madworld, Metroid, No More Heroes amongst others. Games with either dark storylines, or a lot of blood.

Reason #4 - The Wii is seriously underpowered. This issue might not make a difference to sugar-high kids or hip senior citizens, but graphical performance is important in creating complex AI, immersive worlds, etc.

Misinformed. More power in the hood allows the possibility for more complex AI but the same can be achieved with the right engine. Wii's graphics are sub-par, but the best games on Wii all look good and by no means can be considered "bad graphics".Immersion is subjective. I was immersed in Metroid (arguably one of the most atmospheric and immersive games, period) that had a great art **** At the same time I felt that way about Zelda: TP. Your point is far too subjective.

In Conclusion:

The Wii, although it can be a lot of fun, is not a serious gaming machine. The PS3 and XB360 are much better choices in this regard. Parcheesi and Chess are both fun boardgames, but which one is truly strategic in nature?

The 360 & PS3 has markets originally focused on the hardcore gamer. The Wii has been focused on the casual. But, Sony and Microsoft have moved towards targeting the casuals (commercials on TV all the time for this stuff). And as far as I'm concerned, Nintendo has given us Smash Bros, Mario Galaxy, Metroid, MarioKart, Zelda... ALREADY! This is in the first year and a half. Aside from maybe Mariokart, those are all hardcore games, and basically some of the best games around.

--

I would recommend strongly that you look further into each system and see what fits for you as opposed to generalizing a system when you evidently do not have much playtime with.

Mintshebang
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

TC you say that the wiimote is not immersive, but its more immersive than a normal controller.

Its pressing a button to hit a tennis ball in a game Vs doing the actual motion with your hand.

Wiimote wins

(though I dont think the wii is the best console its just that the TC's argument is flawed)

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts

I am a serious gamer and it works for me. And before you say I am a fanboy and not a serious gamer I had all the systems that were released for the two previous gens and might get the other systems this gen( probably not the 360 though).

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
ah, man! i guess i'm not a "serious" gamer.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#142 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

I'm a serious pc gamer and the wii with it's unique style is a better complement to my pc.

as for your reasons.

1. I like the IR pointer much more for shooters than dual joysticks. I'm still better with the mouse but the pointer is just so natural. dual analog makes me feel like i'm trying to control a robot.

2. so swinging the wiimote to simulate swinging a racket is distracting? i'd think it would be more immersive. same with driving wheel.

3. I don't care about the kiddy arguement.

4. yes i agree it's underpowered. though i've only seen it really matter for graphics. game AI isn't all that complex. my 386 had chess AI that are more complex than game AI.

sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#143 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts
February 2007:

1. the pointer is much easier and better than an analog stick.
2. by your logic games shouldn't look like what they do in the real world too. lets just use stick figures and blocks.
3. Nintendo isn't the only one making games for the wii. do you not see new wii games by 3rd party announce every week now?
4. It's underpowered if it was going to do HD. it's not so it's fine.

In conclusion:
Your points are shallow and laughable.
#1&2 are especially funny and shows you're just making stuff up. Ontain

September 2008

I'm a serious pc gamer and the wii with it's unique sty1e is a better complement to my pc.

as for your reasons.

1. I like the IR pointer much more for shooters than dual joysticks. I'm still better with the mouse but the pointer is just so natural. dual analog makes me feel like i'm trying to control a robot.

2. so swinging the wiimote to simulate swinging a racket is distracting? i'd think it would be more immersive. same with driving wheel.

3. I don't care about the kiddy arguement.

4. yes i agree it's underpowered. though i've only seen it really matter for graphics. game AI isn't all that complex. my 386 had chess AI that are more complex than game AI.

Ontain

Ontain, how do you feel you've changed in the last year and a half?

Bulova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Bulova
Member since 2003 • 1237 Posts

First off, a preface:

Here we go:

Reason #1 - No dual joysticks. In order to play some games, especially shooters, you need to have two joysticks. One for the camera, and one for control.Using the controller's motion sensing to aim is not a substitute, because it's not as accurate.

Reason #2 - Games are about escapism. The whole point of usingjoystick and buttonscontroller is to find a portal between the world you live in and the world you want to experience. The Wii's vague approximations of a gun, a tennis racket, a golf club, or a steering wheel, although fun, are a distracting compromise between real world and dream world.

Reason #4 - The Wii is seriously underpowered. This issue might not make a difference to sugar-high kids or hip senior citizens, butgraphical performance is important in creating complex AI, immersive worlds, etc.

In Conclusion:

The Wii, although it can be a lot of fun, is not aserious gaming machine. The PS3 and XB360 are much better choices in this regard.Parcheesi andChess are both fun boardgames, but which one is truly strategic in nature?

Mintshebang

You're getting flamed for this quite a bit...so I just have to say that I completely agree with you. I just sold my wii. The major reason for me is your Reason #2, escapism....I totally agree that the gimmicky motion controls take you out of the gaming experience as far as escaping to a new world. It's the same reason I stopped reading for the longest time....I used to read for enjoyment and escapism, but english ****in high school with all its analyzing the crap out of everything made me lose the enjoyment and distracted me from enjoying it anymore.

Why you people are flaming him for something that is obviously his opinion, is beyond me.

angry_fork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 angry_fork
Member since 2008 • 2184 Posts

/thread

nintendogamer6

Wrong.