Why the Wii is not a plausible choice for serious gamers

• 143 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#51 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts
While I don't agree with your ultimate conclusion, I agree with your earlier statement. Comparing the Wii to the other two consoles is like comparing apples to oranges, metaphorically speaking.

Not only do the 360 and PS3 have completely different goals in terms of user experience from the Wii, the types of games on the Wii are different from the games you'll be seeing on the other two consoles. The Wii's game library seems slanted towards simple, accessible games (Warioware, Wii Sports, SMG, etc.), whereas the other two consoles' libraries are focused more on complex, deep, epic titles (Mass Effect, Metal Gear Solid 4, Halo 3, etc.). As a result, you give yourself a different experience on the Wii than on the other consoles.

I'm not going to judge which of those is better. Both are sensible choices, and the really serious gamers will get both groups if they can. But they're fundamentally different.
Zaistev_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Zaistev_basic
Member since 2002 • 2975 Posts
While I don't agree with your ultimate conclusion, I agree with your earlier statement. Comparing the Wii to the other two consoles is like comparing apples to oranges, metaphorically speaking.

Not only do the 360 and PS3 have completely different goals in terms of user experience from the Wii, the types of games on the Wii are different from the games you'll be seeing on the other two consoles. The Wii's game library seems slanted towards simple, accessible games (Warioware, Wii Sports, SMG, etc.), whereas the other two consoles' libraries are focused more on complex, deep, epic titles (Mass Effect, Metal Gear Solid 4, Halo 3, etc.). As a result, you give yourself a different experience on the Wii than on the other consoles.

I'm not going to judge which of those is better. Both are sensible choices, and the really serious gamers will get both groups if they can. But they're fundamentally different.
sonicmj1
Finally, someone gets it!
camzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 camzaman
Member since 2005 • 2124 Posts
You're an ignoramus who obviously hasn't played it enough. 1 - Are you seriously contending a joystick is more accurate than real physical aiming? 2 - Vague approximations? I think replicating the real-life movement is more engrossing and produces excapism better than buttons, and many psychologists and philosophers agree. 3 - Third parties - Pay any attention to the EA or Rockstar announcements? Obviously not. 4 - Wii isn't underpowered, you don't have a clue. It's the most powerful SD resolution graphics actually. Fool.
glitchgeeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#54 glitchgeeman
Member since 2005 • 5638 Posts

So I'm not a serious gamer anymore? :|

fedameda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 fedameda
Member since 2005 • 2340 Posts
This topic sucks. Shooters will be more fun on the Wii. There are more lifelike.lild1425

especially the recoil /sarcasm
treyskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 treyskillz
Member since 2006 • 1576 Posts

umm, if you can have fun playing the wii, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't play it ...

Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Coyo7e
Member since 2005 • 3672 Posts

Im a serious gamer and I chose Wii

/thread

nintendogamer6

You "think" you are a serious gamer.  Big differance.

camzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 camzaman

SHUT UP ALL U SHEEP SAYING THAT WE'RE NOT REAL GAMERS JUST SHUT UP!!!!!!1!1!ONE

You need to understand that you are not a serious gamer. Why? Because you buy Nintendo games. Nintendo games are about sitting down and having fun. Let's take... say.... a game from EPIC. That's a game that will A. Get you wrapped up in competition B. Have you seriously pissed off at other people by the end of the match and C. Have you staring in awe at the magnificence of a player model/game world.

These are things that the Wii will NEVER do. The Wii will provide you with some fun physical activity, and maybe a cute Nintendo game here and there, but never the visceral, pulse-pounding action of a hardcore shooter on the 360/PC/PS3.

pyoob
You are stupid. Funny, my pulse pounded pretty hard during moments in Red Steel, and also when fighting Ganon in Zelda.
Avatar image for deactivated-62d1b87aec423
deactivated-62d1b87aec423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59 deactivated-62d1b87aec423
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts
The Nintendo Wii still needs more games and not "mini-games". I'm starting to feel after TP the Wii was just an impulse buy ._.
camzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 camzaman
[QUOTE="nintendogamer6"]

/thread

Coyo7e

You are clueless and can't tell him he's not a serious gamer. Did it occur that "serious" gamers maybe want to aim themselves instead of with their thumb, or steer themselves, instead of with their thumb? Maybe "serious" gamers want great immersion through Wii's controls.
rifton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 rifton
Member since 2005 • 1716 Posts
So because it has borderline graghics and a strange controller, you can't put any hardcore games on it. :roll:
curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#62 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts
[QUOTE="nintendogamer6"]

/thread

Coyo7e

If you brag about knowing the truth:

You ""think""... which is a big difference from the rest of us...

fedameda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 fedameda
[QUOTE="Coyo7e"][QUOTE="nintendogamer6"]

/thread

camzaman

You "think" you are a serious gamer. Big differance.

You are clueless and can't tell him he's not a serious gamer. Did it occur that "serious" gamers maybe want to aim themselves instead of with their thumb.

"Serious gamers" (an oxymoron) apparently want to imitate recoil themselves too?
Zaistev_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Zaistev_basic
Member since 2002 • 2975 Posts
The Nintendo Wii still needs more games and not "mini-games". I'm starting to feel after TP the Wii was just an impulse buy ._.Gigas_Yuu
I once thought that's the case. Then again, being a hardcore gamer, I realize the potential of the Wii not to us hardcore gamers, but to casuals. You see, casuals like games that even though the score is low, they want a game that is easily accesible, learn, and fun. Wii expands casuals not only to the typical casuals, but to your sisters, girlfriends, parents, even grandparents. Those people don't really play video games; but the Wii got them as a new type of gamers. Imagine the purchasing power of those people.
rifton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 rifton
Member since 2005 • 1716 Posts
The Nintendo Wii still needs more games and not "mini-games". I'm starting to feel after TP the Wii was just an impulse buy ._.Gigas_Yuu
That's how launches feel sometimes. V_V
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
The fact you believe that an analogue stick is more accurate than using the Wii remote as a pointer and then go on to say that the ability of it to immerse you into the game more by using it like an actual object on the screen pulls you into the game less than a joypad leads me to believe you have never used a Wii. 
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts

Serious gamers? Serious gamers play all consoles.Kikouken

qft. A serious gamer wouldn't be ignorant enough to disregard an entire console because it doesn't make him feel cool.

kauliaris711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 kauliaris711
Member since 2006 • 161 Posts

First off, a preface:

I have played at least a little bit of all three systems. Each is, in its own way, a really cool device, and I'd buy every one if I had the money. However, I think that the Nintendo Wii has been getting some undue attention in the XB360 and PS3's arena. The wii is nothing like the these two systems. It's an apples to oranges comparison. Why?

Here we go:

Reason #1 - No dual joysticks. In order to play some games, especially shooters, you need to have two joysticks. One for the camera, and one for control. Using the controller's motion sensing to aim is not a substitute, because it's not as accurate.

Reason #2 - Games are about escapism. The whole point of using joystick and buttons controller is to find a portal between the world you live in and the world you want to experience. The Wii's vague approximations of a gun, a tennis racket, a golf club, or a steering wheel, although fun, are a distracting compromise between real world and dream world.

Reason #3 - Nintendo has long been kid game directed. Though this works great for party games and some RPGs, its focus on kid games has led to limited development of FPS's and other more mature games.

Reason #4 - The Wii is seriously underpowered. This issue might not make a difference to sugar-high kids or hip senior citizens, but graphical performance is important in creating complex AI, immersive worlds, etc.

In Conclusion:

The Wii, although it can be a lot of fun, is not a serious gaming machine. The PS3 and XB360 are much better choices in this regard. Parcheesi and Chess are both fun boardgames, but which one is truly strategic in nature?

Mintshebang

first of all in FPS games u dont use motion-sense to target but u use controller as pointer to the screen,wich is far better than the joystiq,

#2 seriously u believe that u feel better a game by pushing buttons?????this is a joke,

#3 nintendo brought us a console reffering to all the ages, and this apllies that we will have games for all the ages(from pokemon to manhunt...)

#4as u said above comparing the wii with the ps3 and the 360 is like comparing apples with oranges,and this is the strategy of nintendo"we don't believe that in order to enjoy a game u MUST have teh graphics,they came up with the wii-mote,and that's it,they said that the will sell their console way cheaper than the other systems,and here we are...we are presenting u the Wii......"

and to conclude...:what is the meaning of the word GAME????i think that it's meaning is: doing sth to have fun and to enjoy yourself???correct me if i'm wrong because english aren't my native language....

kukukuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 kukukuk
Member since 2005 • 2406 Posts
I stopped reading when you said that dual analogue was more accurate than the Wii motion sensing in FPS games :lol:
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

First off, a preface:

I have played at least a little bit of all three systems. Each is, in its own way, a really cool device, and I'd buy every one if I had the money. However, I think that the Nintendo Wii has been getting some undue attention in the XB360 and PS3's arena. The wii is nothing like the these two systems. It's an apples to oranges comparison. Why?

Here we go:

Reason #1 - No dual joysticks. In order to play some games, especially shooters, you need to have two joysticks. One for the camera, and one for control. Using the controller's motion sensing to aim is not a substitute, because it's not as accurate.

The Wiimote is actually more accurate than dual-analogue, by a large margin infact but takes time to break in. Most people that have issues don't give it a chance or simply can't handle the change.

Reason #2 - Games are about escapism. The whole point of using joystick and buttons controller is to find a portal between the world you live in and the world you want to experience. The Wii's vague approximations of a gun, a tennis racket, a golf club, or a steering wheel, although fun, are a distracting compromise between real world and dream world.

That makes no sense the things you describe actually immerse yourself in the dream world of the game to a higher than normal degree. Thats like saying when VR comes along it'll suck or having a trigger to pull is bad for shooters.

Reason #3 - Nintendo has long been kid game directed. Though this works great for party games and some RPGs, its focus on kid games has led to limited development of FPS's and other more mature games.

Well the N64 had the best shooters of the time like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Turok series, etc. The Gamecube had a lot of the multiplat FPS's but nothing exclusive that packed a punch. It also had many mature games but they simply didn't all deliver much quality, except the RE series and Eternal Darkness to name a few of couse.

Reason #4 - The Wii is seriously underpowered. This issue might not make a difference to sugar-high kids or hip senior citizens, but graphical performance is important in creating complex AI, immersive worlds, etc.

Yeah thats why people including me will get a 360 or whatever, nobody buys a Wii for its 133t graphics and what not. But its a lot more fun at what it does regardless of its raw power.

In Conclusion:

The Wii, although it can be a lot of fun, is not a serious gaming machine. The PS3 and XB360 are much better choices in this regard. Parcheesi and Chess are both fun boardgames, but which one is truly strategic in nature?  

Mintshebang

Bad reasons in my opinion and I'm a multi-plat gamer too. I don't even consider it a hardcore system myself but it offers gaming pleasures no other system can. No-matter what Sony or MS get up to it'll still be successful doing its own thing.

ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#71 ZebethOrZebes
Member since 2004 • 5997 Posts

[QUOTE="ZebethOrZebes"]According to the topic creator, artificial intelligence is directly correlated to graphical power. Do you think he has any credibility?pyoob

hey dude, he's saying that the guts of a machine is closely related to the strength of AI. That's being way too picky on your part, and you know what he meant.

I also know that you can make a video game that looks beautiful with less than 3 gigahertz and intelligent enemy and allied characters at the same time. To suggest the Wii is underpowered is completely fallacious.
fedameda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 fedameda
[QUOTE="pyoob"]

[QUOTE="ZebethOrZebes"]According to the topic creator, artificial intelligence is directly correlated to graphical power. Do you think he has any credibility?ZebethOrZebes

hey dude, he's saying that the guts of a machine is closely related to the strength of AI. That's being way too picky on your part, and you know what he meant.

I also know that you can make a video game that looks beautiful with less than 3 gigahertz and intelligent enemy and allied characters at the same time. To suggest the Wii is underpowered is completely fallacious.

Its prossly underpowered. Its using gamecube hardware with higher core speeds
kukukuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 kukukuk
Member since 2005 • 2406 Posts
serious gamers own all consoles, and if they cant afford ALL of them, they HAVE to get a Wii, if they get just a 360 or PS3. then they cant be serious.
fedameda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 fedameda
Why does everybody keep saying "serious gamer"? It makes no sense at all. 
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#75 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

The reason you are not a plausible choice for being taken seriously:

Your topic makes zero sense.  Clearly Nintendo is working on getting a better variety of games on Wii, you don't think Rockstar decided to put Manhunt 2 on Wii by themselves do you?  Plus, why would we need dual analog if thats what the wiimote is for?

fedameda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 fedameda

The reason you are not a plausible choice for being taken seriously:

Your topic makes zero sense. Clearly Nintendo is working on getting a better variety of games on Wii, you don't think Rockstar decided to put Manhunt 2 on Wii by themselves do you? Plus, why would we need dual analog if thats what the wiimote is for?

REVOLUTIONfreak

Er yes they did. Unless nintendo extorted them
Dr_Evil_PhD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Dr_Evil_PhD
Member since 2006 • 1507 Posts

"serious" gamers own all of the consoles.

/thread

cheezisgoooood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#78 cheezisgoooood
Member since 2004 • 6130 Posts

First off, a preface:

Here we go:

Reason #1 - No dual joysticks. In order to play some games, especially shooters, you need to have two joysticks. One for the camera, and one for control. Using the controller's motion sensing to aim is not a substitute, because it's not as accurate.

Reason #2 - Games are about escapism. The whole point of using joystick and buttons controller is to find a portal between the world you live in and the world you want to experience. The Wii's vague approximations of a gun, a tennis racket, a golf club, or a steering wheel, although fun, are a distracting compromise between real world and dream world.

Reason #4 - The Wii is seriously underpowered. This issue might not make a difference to sugar-high kids or hip senior citizens, but graphical performance is important in creating complex AI, immersive worlds, etc.

In Conclusion:

The Wii, although it can be a lot of fun, is not a serious gaming machine. The PS3 and XB360 are much better choices in this regard. Parcheesi and Chess are both fun boardgames, but which one is truly strategic in nature?  

Mintshebang

Video games are serious business 8)

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
ZOMG im teh uber 1337 serious gamer i dont play gamez for fun!!!
mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4737 Posts
A real gamer gets all 3 systems like me /thread
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

:lol: more of these threads

StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts

SHUT UP ALL U SHEEP SAYING THAT WE'RE NOT REAL GAMERS JUST SHUT UP!!!!!!1!1!ONE

You need to understand that you are not a serious gamer. Why? Because you buy Nintendo games. Nintendo games are about sitting down and having fun. Let's take... say.... a game from EPIC. That's a game that will A. Get you wrapped up in competition B. Have you seriously pissed off at other people by the end of the match and C. Have you staring in awe at the magnificence of a player model/game world.

These are things that the Wii will NEVER do. The Wii will provide you with some fun physical activity, and maybe a cute Nintendo game here and there, but never the visceral, pulse-pounding action of a hardcore shooter on the 360/PC/PS3.

pyoob

Hahahaha:lol: I'm sorry. I'm not usually like this, but this is hilarious. All serious gamers :lol: should calm down.
Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#83 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

You don't have a clue what you're writing about. Buttons don't put you any closer to the game.

I'm a serious gamer, and I chose Wii for its new approach to in-game interactivity.

masonos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 masonos
Member since 2003 • 1487 Posts

Reason #1 - No dual joysticks. In order to play some games, especially shooters, you need to have two joysticks. One for the camera, and one for control. Using the controller's motion sensing to aim is not a substitute, because it's not as accurate.
After playing Metroid on Wii, I can say that it is accurate enough.

Reason #2 - Games are about escapism. The whole point of using joystick and buttons controller is to find a portal between the world you live in and the world you want to experience. The Wii's vague approximations of a gun, a tennis racket, a golf club, or a steering wheel, although fun, are a distracting compromise between real world and dream world.
Games are about fun. Escapism is just a way of having fun. Till now, many people find the Wii a fun oriented console, and that can only be a good thing. Also by your standards, using a steering wheel to play Forza or GT makes it worse since it is a "distracting compromise between real world and dream world", right?

I totally agree with Nintendo being kid-oriented, but Nintendo now tries to have games oriented for mature players. Recollect the Mahunt for Wii announcement?

Reason #4 - The Wii is seriously underpowered. This issue might not make a difference to sugar-high kids or hip senior citizens, but graphical performance is important in creating complex AI, immersive worlds, etc.
So what? Previous gen games were complex enough for most people...

In Conclusion:

The Wii, although it can be a lot of fun, is not a serious gaming machine. The PS3 and XB360 are much better choices in this regard. Parcheesi and Chess are both fun boardgames, but which one is truly strategic in nature?
"Serious gaming machine"? Are you kiddying us? Game by nature is about having fun. A game doesn't have to be serious! Wiis choice of  catering to non-serious (or casual if you want) gamers is what gives it a shot at winning this console war.

Mintshebang

StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 StealthSting
[QUOTE="Stabby2486"]Does it have to be a shooter?foxhound_fox

Of course, because the only games that can give you a visceral, pulse-pounding experience are shooters... :roll:

Looks at foxhound_fox sig.......... Nope I'm wrong, shooters is the norm now.
Avatar image for black_chewbacca
black_chewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#86 black_chewbacca
Member since 2006 • 1653 Posts
Hard Core gamer here, and I bought the Wii... Worst console I ever bought, so I'm sticking with my 360 and Ps3, and gaming computer, and psp. Nintendo isnt a HARD CORE gaming company, its a leisure, fun, party company. Any TRUE hard core gamer will agree, we want online with some seriously bad ass fire fights in Resistance or Gears, not some pokemon battle arena online.
renger6002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 renger6002
Member since 2004 • 4481 Posts
Serious gamer? I think I just heard you say that dual analog is more accurate than a SUPER ACCURATE pointing device. a "serious gamer" would not care about how uncool a game might look, or if it features mario. The Wii is more than capable of having mature games. the wii is more immersive than a gamepad. Motion sensing is more immersive than buttons. It IS underpowered, and so it may not have the best AI and graphics, but they will be good enough to keep people from running away
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 StealthSting
Hard Core gamer here, and I bought the Wii... Worst console I ever bought, so I'm sticking with my 360 and Ps3, and gaming computer, and psp. Nintendo isnt a HARD CORE gaming company, its a leisure, fun, party company. Any TRUE hard core gamer will agree, we want online with some seriously bad ass fire fights in Resistance or Gears, not some pokemon battle arena online.black_chewbacca
Don't worry alot of True hard core gamers in this topic agree with you.
Mintshebang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Mintshebang
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts

I'd like to clarify a few points that some people have been attacking. Perhaps such attacks are justified, perhaps not. Just let me know if this changes anything for you.

First of all, I love the Wii. Really, I do. It's really nifty, lots of fun for party games. My only gripe with my Xbox 360 is that it treats Live as a substitute for being with the people you're playing with. In reality, co-op and splitscreen are completely different animals. Live has advantages I really like, but I sometimes wish I could play Lost Planet with my friend next to me, not an hour away. Anyways, the Wii has some serious advantages as far as family fun is concerned, and being able to afford 4 controllers after the Wii's low price probably helps a lot of people in this regard.

Second of all, when I said that dual analog is better than a motion controller, I wasn't kidding. As a matter of fact, I also think that it's better than a steering wheel for racing games. Why? Mainly because dual controllers can be implemented perfectly in any game at this point. Look at excite truck, call of duty, or zelda for the wii. In excite truck, you have to hold the controller in a specific orientation in order to make it work right (hold at both ends). The controller is just too small to be a steering wheel like that, and if you want to use any other orientation or button map, you can't. With a gamepad, you have many more options, and you don't have to treat it like an object from your real life, so you can stop thinking about how you're supposed to use it and just use it. In call of duty, you point the controller at the screen to aim. If my experience with the Wii's menu system is any indication, this is highly innaccurate. The buttons on the wii are gigantic not because they can be, but because they need to be in order for you to hit them. Plus, the slightest movement will cause the pointer to move. On a gamepad, you can aim at something and know that your aim will not change till you tell it to. In zelda, or so I've heard, the use of motion sensing is more an afterthought, and that the gamecube edition is actually more fun. Although this may seem to be an area where I have no experience, I can clearly tell you that on ports like Marvel Ultimate Alliance, the same is true. Developers aren't going to bother with making the motion sensing perfect when they already designed the game to work well without it on another console. In some games, the Wii's motion controller makes a lot of sense, as in Wii Sports bowling. For the most part, however, the Wii controller limits user customization of control schemes, reduces accuracy in aiming, and has imperfect implementation in many games.

Third of all, I like impressive graphics. They immerse you in the game the way almost no other factor can. Why? Because humans are highly visual. It's how we relate to the world. That's why people like HDTV, that's why people talk about cinematic realism in CGI, and that's why Gaming companies, for the past 25+ years, have been emphasizing their system's or software's superior graphics. A motion sensing controller, for this and other reasons (like those mentioned above) is not a substitute for graphics capability. I like immersive gaming. I think it's fun, surprising, and interesting. The Wii simply can't offer this experience through graphics power.

deadmeat31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 deadmeat31
Member since 2003 • 487 Posts

First off, a preface:

Here we go:

Reason #1 - No dual joysticks. In order to play some games, especially shooters, you need to have two joysticks. One for the camera, and one for control. Using the controller's motion sensing to aim is not a substitute, because it's not as accurate.the pointer may not be as accurate but can be a lot quicker if you wanted accurate you'd be a keyboard and mouse man plus as most thumb sticks use a kind of forgiving lock on if youre close enough plus as on the spot demoed the god father has a lock on feature that lets the pointer lock on to the guy but still lets you shoot him where you want

Reason #2 - Games are about escapism. The whole point of using joystick and buttons controller is to find a portal between the world you live in and the world you want to experience. The Wii's vague approximations of a gun, a tennis racket, a golf club, or a steering wheel, although fun, are a distracting compromise between real world and dream world's is rubbish you obviously have never played a wario ware game

2 words manhunt 2 on the wii you don't get much more mature than that

graphics and ai have nothing to do with each other

In Conclusion:

Mintshebang

my conclusion games are all about fun and if youre not having any you have the wrong machine

Weslii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Weslii
Member since 2007 • 2309 Posts
Hard Core gamer here, and I bought the Wii... Worst console I ever bought, so I'm sticking with my 360 and Ps3, and gaming computer, and psp. Nintendo isnt a HARD CORE gaming company, its a leisure, fun, party company. Any TRUE hard core gamer will agree, we want online with some seriously bad ass fire fights in Resistance or Gears, not some pokemon battle arena online.black_chewbacca
You people need to reconsider the word Hardcore Gamer.
samusarmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#92 samusarmada
Member since 2005 • 5816 Posts

Metroid, zelda = non hardcore games, What the hell?

True hardcore gamers were around before the days of online, I doubt that they would not play games such as metroid and shadow of the colosuss just because they did not have online.

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts

/thread

nintendogamer6
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
Any serious gamer would have an open mind to all consoles and PC. I'm sorry your view of the Wii is so shallow I really am. I owned all three systems last gen and this gen but even that doesn't matter. A lot of my friends only owned one system but they still treated them all equally. Why? Because we are gamers and games are meant to be fun.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
1. the pointer is much easier and better than an analog stick. 2. by your logic games shouldn't look like what they do in the real world too. lets just use stick figures and blocks. 3. Nintendo isn't the only one making games for the wii. do you not see new wii games by 3rd party announce every week now? 4. It's underpowered if it was going to do HD. it's not so it's fine. In conclusion: Your points are shallow and laughable. #1&2 are especially funny and shows you're just making stuff up.
Number_1_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Number_1_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1786 Posts

First off, a preface:

Here we go:

In Conclusion:

Mintshebang
WRONG
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
this is absalute CRAP!!!!! as long as the software is good, the system is food, how on earth is that hard to understand people? :|
Skie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#98 Skie7
Member since 2005 • 1031 Posts
Reason #1 - No dual joysticks. In order to play some games, especially shooters, you need to have two joysticks. One for the camera, and one for control. Using the controller's motion sensing to aim is not a substitute, because it's not as accurate.Mintshebang
And this is really any different than having to hold a controller with two hands? Yes, functionally different, but it's definitely not harder to use.
Reason #2 - Games are about escapism. The whole point of using joystick and buttons controller is to find a portal between the world you live in and the world you want to experience. The Wii's vague approximations of a gun, a tennis racket, a golf club, or a steering wheel, although fun, are a distracting compromise between real world and dream world.Mintshebang
I have never heard something so foolish. Like, somehow tapping buttons on a controller makes the game more immersive. When you go to an arcade, do you pick a racing game that has a joystick and a couple buttons or do you pick one with a steering wheel, pedals, and shifter? Arcade games that completely blow your "reason" out of the water: Afterburner, most current racing games, any shooting game with a gun attachment, dance dance games... and the list goes on and on and on. Even console games show that the conventional controller has less immersion factor than say the guitar controller for Guitar Hero. #3 is reasoning from the anti-Nintendo club. It wouldn't matter if Nintendo had every mature game ever made on their console. If they continued to release Mario, Zelda, and Metroid games people would still say they're kiddy. The reality is Nintendo makes games for everyone, not just (less than) mature gamers who only want to play "M" rated games. The difference between an everyone game and a kiddy game is that adults will enjoy a game that's actually made for everyone. Kiddy games are rubish except to the kiddies (there are quite a few "M" games that fall here - ha!). #4 - It is what it is. The Wii's non-graphical prowess hasn't stopped them from moving off the shelves. Oh, and graphical performance has nothing to do with complex AI. If anything, a lack of a focus on graphics would allow more time for games to have things like better AI. Yes, eye-candy sells games, but there are a lot of games that have mediocre graphics and sell very well.
hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts
LOL at TC.
Son_of_Some

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Son_of_Some
Member since 2006 • 1458 Posts

Third of all, I like impressive graphics. They immerse you in the game the way almost no other factor can. Why? Because humans are highly visual. It's how we relate to the world. That's why people like HDTV, that's why people talk about cinematic realism in CGI, and that's why Gaming companies, for the past 25+ years, have been emphasizing their system's or software's superior graphics. A motion sensing controller, for this and other reasons (like those mentioned above) is not a substitute for graphics capability. I like immersive gaming. I think it's fun, surprising, and interesting. The Wii simply can't offer this experience through graphics power.Mintshebang

Do you know the game Shadowman? I still happen to love and play it. It's not because of the graphics(which are horrible in cow/lem standards), but because of the insane world in it. Because of the mad sounds and noices in the backround. It's a highly immersive game.

hmm... but I must be the only human on earth who gets immersed by games even though the graphics are terrible. Right?