Why the 360 will lose this war, 3rd place

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

The 360 has a lot of support from developers, good games coming, now here are my reasons why it will still end up the 3rd system.

Let's look at gamers attitude towards the 360:-

1) Die-hard lemmings and newly annointed lemmings who can't live without their 360 and arey ok with going through 2,3,4,5, or 11consoles, they are the equivelant of the Gamecube fanbase and will always support the 360.

2) People who want a 360 but if it breaks on them they will switch sides.

3) People who own all consoles or two of them and love their 360, but after a while they find that the competition is evolving and won't keep their 360when it breaks and find out that after a while that their love for the 360 is not pragmatic anymore.

4) People who hate M$ and the X-box brand and consider themselves traitors if they buy one.

5) People who own other consoles and don't give a damn about 360 games.

6) People who don't want to pay for online no matter what and will never get a 360.

7) People who have a gaming PC and can't find too much distinction for them to own a 360, and Microsoft cares as much about PC gaming because it wants to sell Vista(which will never catch up without cool DX10 games), so this will never change.

As you can see, M$ just signed the 360 death warrant by not seriously dealing with the problem and/or not properly communicating with the customers aboutthis matter. The reliability issue really hurt the image of the 360, and will hold sales the most.

batistafan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 batistafan99
Member since 2006 • 2592 Posts
"Losing" is subjective. What do you mean by losing? Not getting enough sales or market share?
cwalters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cwalters
Member since 2003 • 2317 Posts

nice try noob, but you have utterly failed

I take it you were a nintendo fan when ps1 came out, I'm sure they said the same thing

hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hamidious
I mean ending up 3rd place this generation and generating less sales than the competition.
istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

after posting your ridiculous opinions as facts are you feeling better?

btw im on my 346,567th xbox 360:roll:

Fignewton50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Fignewton50
Member since 2003 • 3748 Posts
11 consoles? Be real. What about those gamers who bought the 360 at launch, have had no problems with it, and will eventually get all 3. The 360 has a much earlier start and is currently dominating in quantity and quality of games. There is no way that will let up. The 360 is becoming the console for the masses.
ShaneBeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 ShaneBeck
Member since 2005 • 10511 Posts
Lame flamebait... The only reason 360 won't win is because it won't win Japan.

But itshould because it actually has the best JRPGs. Microsoft needs to do something about their marketing in Japan.
ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts

"Losing" is subjective. What do you mean by losing? Not getting enough sales or market share?batistafan99

i dont know if theres a third place. Nintendo already said their not competing with 360/ps3. I personally believe the wii is on the ps2 level.

Avatar image for Captain_Waffles
Captain_Waffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#9 Captain_Waffles
Member since 2005 • 314 Posts
No way! I'm on my 346,568th console, we should talk sometime.
Avatar image for GermanShepard06
GermanShepard06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GermanShepard06
Member since 2006 • 3285 Posts

only NA is helping xbox360 being alive.

ps3 and wii are going to have world wide support.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
No way! I'm on my 346,568th console, we should talk sometime.Captain_Waffles
You too????
format_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 format_kid
Member since 2005 • 3527 Posts
One of my thousands of 360's once morphed into a PS3. I found out it got cancer but it ended up curing itself.
Yellow_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Yellow_Rose
Member since 2002 • 16739 Posts

The 360 has a lot of support from developers, good games coming, now here are my reasons why it will still end up the 3rd system.

Let's look at gamers attitude towards the 360:-

1) Die-hard lemmings and newly annointed lemmings who can't live without their 360 and arey ok with going through 2,3,4,5, or 11consoles, they are the equivelant of the Gamecube fanbase and will always support the 360.

3) People who own all consoles or two of them and love their 360, but after a while they find that the competition is evolving and won't keep their 360when it breaks and find out that after a while that their love for the 360 is not pragmatic anymore.

4) People who hate M$ and the X-box brand and consider themselves traitors if they buy one.

6) People who don't want to pay for online no matter what and will never get a 360.

7) People who have a gaming PC and can't find too much distinction for them to own a 360, and Microsoft cares as much about PC gaming because it wants to sell Vista(which will never catch up without cool DX10 games), so this will never change.

As you can see, M$ just signed the 360 death warrant by not seriously dealing with the problem and/or not properly communicating with the customers aboutthis matter. The reliability issue really hurt the image of the 360, and will hold sales the most.

hamidious

1) No different than people who paid $600 for a Blu-Ray player with controller ports. The fanboys will be fanboys.

2) Depends on why they bought a 360. Most people don't buy a console just for the console but for the games it play.

3) Because the 360 won't ever evolve. No way whatsoever :roll:

4) These people hate gaming and aren't real gamers anyway.

5) Which are becoming fewer and fewer.

6) And if these people whine about $4.15/month they probably don't game much anyway.

7) Fanboys will be fanboys

cwalters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cwalters
Member since 2003 • 2317 Posts

GermanShepard06

NA video game sales, are way above the worlds

chrisdyer1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 chrisdyer1337
Member since 2004 • 121 Posts
guess what you sig is true
hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hamidious

11 consoles? Be real. What about those gamers who bought the 360 at launch, have had no problems with it, and will eventually get all 3. The 360 has a much earlier start and is currently dominating in quantity and quality of games. There is no way that will let up. The 360 is becoming the console for the masses. Fignewton50

That was a reference about the 1UP.com story about the lemming who went through 11 360's and waiting for his 12th :).

Yellow_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Yellow_Rose

GermanShepard06

360 outselling PS3 in EU as well according to vgcharts.

Yellow_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Yellow_Rose

[QUOTE="Fignewton50"]11 consoles? Be real. What about those gamers who bought the 360 at launch, have had no problems with it, and will eventually get all 3. The 360 has a much earlier start and is currently dominating in quantity and quality of games. There is no way that will let up. The 360 is becoming the console for the masses. hamidious

That was a reference about the 1UP.com story about the lemming who went through 11 360's and waiting for his 12th :).

Sucks to be him. My launch 360 still runs like butter.

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#19 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

darn i feel bad for you. i thought i had it bad with my 346,567th xbox 360.

IvGot5onit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IvGot5onit
Member since 2006 • 872 Posts
waaa? i in the factor dont have a xbox live account yet do too poor computer and up grade of dail up too high speed$$ problems lol i will still stay loyal too only xbox, even if i get a[ pswii] wich an getting my wii some time soon, but i think your resons are kinda crazy..
Fignewton50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Fignewton50
Member since 2003 • 3748 Posts

waaa? i in the factor dont have a xbox live account yet do too poor computer and up grade of dail up too high speed$$ problems lol i will still stay loyal too only xbox, even if i get a[ pswii] wich an getting my wii some time soon, but i think your resons are kinda crazy..IvGot5onit

I think your spelling is kinda crazy. Please take a breath instead of typing jibberish.

Avatar image for Captain_Waffles
Captain_Waffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#23 Captain_Waffles
Member since 2005 • 314 Posts
Feel b

[QUOTE="Captain_Waffles"]No way! I'm on my 346,568th console, we should talk sometime.istreakforfood

I feel bad for the guy that had his PS3 kill him, damn faulty ejection thing.

darn i feel bad for you. i thought i had it bad with my 346,567th xbox 360.

I feel bad for the guy that had his PS3 kill him, damn faulty ejection thing.

IvGot5onit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 IvGot5onit
Member since 2006 • 872 Posts

[QUOTE="IvGot5onit"]waaa? i in the factor dont have a xbox live account yet do too poor computer and up grade of dail up too high speed$$ problems lol i will still stay loyal too only xbox, even if i get a[ pswii] wich an getting my wii some time soon, but i think your resons are kinda crazy..Fignewton50

I think your spelling is kinda crazy. Please take a breath instead of typing jibberish.

ahhhh, ok now i took the breath,,spell checkwhore..
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

i don't think 360 will be 3rd place.

it might be first or 2nd with the PS3.

dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
Here we are 8 months into the other two consoles life spans and MS still has a substantial lead. As of this holliday season I still find myself more excited about Halo 3, Two Worlds, Bioshock and Mass Effect. As compared to what Nintendo and Sony are offering. With the exception of SMG, and Drake's.
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Rikusaki

yeah but the 360 has been out an entire year longer than the other two consoles!

its gonna have more games for sure!

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts

i was hoping this would actually have put up some valid point but unfortunately its just saying ms fans suck the 360 always breaks down and no one wants to pay for online, thats all you were saying bro, but truthfully MS could win the console war, depending on how the popularity of the wii goes and what happens with the demand for the ps3, i can talk freely about all three since i own all three myself, the 360's lead over the other two consoles has been hit hard and this holiday season there is a chance that 360 might become second to the wii, the ps3 has more potential then the other two put together, not saying that its the greatest but the ps3 as it stands right now just isnt cutting it when it comes to exclusives and quality games, i play the wii way more just because i get more fun out of it, i do usually play all three in a day but it has been a few days since i fired up the ol 360 (its my second one(my first one was one of those refurbished ones)) each console has its advantages and disadvantages, for the 360 its the head start it got, for the ps3 its potential, and for the wii of course inovation, and then there are the disadvantages which i dont really feel like listing because weve all heard them like 28570234769834760286 times, but really i cant see the wii winning the war, inovation will only go so far, so as it stands i give wii a 20% chance of winning .the 360 (not because im a fan boy but just because of its headstart) 45% chance of winning and the ps3 a 35% chance, those are just some guesses, nothing educated about them,

falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#29 falconclan
Member since 2005 • 15885 Posts

I don't think you realise how many people dont *care* what the systems manufacturer's name is. Most people, to my knowledge, actually care about the games. Even if they have to rebuy one because they ran out of their 1 year warranty AND it broke, then im sure they wouldn't switch if they were looking forward to certain games or liked the current games enough. Im on my 6th, count them 6 360's, and I am still satisfied, because while ive had some really bad hardware issues, the games are just worth it.

Does ps3 or wii have:

DOA?

Dead Rising?

Phantasy Star?

Gears of War?

Crackdown?

Etc. Its just a great system. PERIOD...

101gamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 101gamespot
Member since 2006 • 125 Posts

I take it you were a nintendo fan when ps1 came out, I'm sure they said the same thing

cwalters

Listen Fangirl this guy makes a good point i mean on the basis of Hardware reliability it will play a big part in the way the 360 is percived buy the mass market. I mean what good is a gaming console if it keeps breaking idiot.

Corvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Corvin
Member since 2002 • 7266 Posts
Even if 360 ends up in 3rd place for this console generation no one can deny that Microsoft really lit a flame under its competition. They raised the bar and forced everyone (by everyone I mean Sony) to step up their game.
falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 falconclan
[QUOTE="cwalters"]

101gamespot

Listen Fangirl this guy makes a good point i mean on the basis of Hardware reliability it will play a big part in the way the 360 is percived buy the mass market. I mean what good is a gaming console if it keeps breaking idiot.

You would think people would care more, wouldn't you? But its just not the case. After the elite came out how many now elite owners were originally premium or core owners? Probably the bulk of them. I was pissed about the elite, i felt jaded my MS because they completely screwed over ALL early adopters, but it seems everyone else didn't care.

Yellow_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Yellow_Rose
[QUOTE="cwalters"]

101gamespot

My launch 360 works just fine.

101gamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 101gamespot

Even if 360 ends up in 3rd place for this console generation no one can deny that Microsoft really lit a flame under its competition. They raised the bar and forced everyone (by everyone I mean Sony) to step up their game.Corvin

You make a good point

Yellow_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Yellow_Rose
[QUOTE="101gamespot"][QUOTE="cwalters"]

falconclan

You would think people would care more, wouldn't you? But its just not the case. After the elite came out how many now elite owners were originally premium or core owners? Probably the bulk of them. I was pissed about the elite, i felt jaded my MS because they completely screwed over ALL early adopters, but it seems everyone else didn't care.

How so?

falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 falconclan
[QUOTE="falconclan"]

Yellow_Rose

How so?

Oh, how were early adopters screwed?

Alright lets see here, I bought a 360, its broken 6 times. I got an okay deal for the $400 premium which came with a "20"gb hard drive and it seemed great at the time, but when elite was announced how did you not feel sick. Late adopters, NOT MS's most needed fanbase were given a great deal. MS even over charged for the new hard drive, which i suppose you could call a good deal next to the 20 gb hard drive being like $100.

Did we get any special offers? Any coupons or something so we wouldn't have to pay out the ass to get a new hard drive? No, im pretty sure i could sell my 360 on ebay now and save buy buying the entire elite instead of bothering buying a new hard drive.

101gamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 101gamespot
[QUOTE="101gamespot"][QUOTE="cwalters"]

Yellow_Rose

First of all i dont care about your launch 360

2nd how do i know you are not lying to me

3rd whats to stop that Launch 360 from breaking tomoz or the day after

4th Your Sig is **** (Al B) RULES

CassiusGaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 CassiusGaius
Member since 2006 • 865 Posts

The breaking issue would be legit if it weren't for one year warrenties. Most people that have the issue will get the console replaced for free. You would seriously just drop $600 bucks if you 360 craps out in warrenty? Even out of warrenty the cost is $140 along with another one year warrenty, if you complain enough you probably get an extra 2 years added to that for free.

I think the situation could end up worse for people in a couple years if PS3s start crapping out and have to buy a whole new ones rather then paying a small fee for replacement.

klausklaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 klausklaus
Member since 2005 • 268 Posts

hamidious

Stupid post. No logic in it at all .... did you ever go to school or do you think "gamespot" is education?

Points 1-3)Only few %of MS consoles break ... if all those people just gave up ... Microsoft wouldnt have lost much customers.

Point 4) People who hate(Insert company Name)and the(Insert console) brand and consider themselves traitors if they buy one.

5) People who own other consoles and don't give a damn about(insert console name)games.

6) People who don't want to pay for (insert "bluray" or"controller gimmick")no matter what and will never get a (insert console name).

7) People who have a gaming PC and can't find too much distinction for them to own a (Insert "console"), ....

Your points are all plain stupid and every "fanboy" could turn them the way he wanted. Theyr arent specific to xbox 360. You should get some education or logic skills at first my good boy. That way you will find it hard to pass most companie's pre-employement testing. You wont try to tell people about stupid things liek that then, when you cant even afford a console anymore.

Best wishes and good luck. (Youll need it)

falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 falconclan
[QUOTE="hamidious"]

klausklaus

Stupid post. No logic in it at all .... did you ever go to school or do you think "gamespot" is education?

Points 1-3)Only few %of MS consoles break ... if all those people just gave up ... Microsoft wouldnt have lost much customers.

Point 4) People who hate(Insert company Name)and the(Insert console) brand and consider themselves traitors if they buy one.

5) People who own other consoles and don't give a damn about(insert console name)games.

6) People who don't want to pay for (insert "bluray" or"controller gimmick")no matter what and will never get a (insert console name).

7) People who have a gaming PC and can't find too much distinction for them to own a (Insert "console"), ....

Your points are all plain stupid and every "fanboy" could turn them the way he wanted. Theyr arent specific to xbox 360. You should get some education or logic skills at first my good boy. That way you will find it hard to pass most companie's pre-employement testing. You wont try to tell people about stupid things liek that then, when you cant even afford a console anymore.

You must be **** me with the 1-3 statement, you are seriously giving in to MS's bs? Listen, i favor MS and I don't buy it. Ive replaced 6 as ive said and thats just ME.

I mostly agree with the rest. I like wii from time to time though, but its a secondary system, completely uneeded really, but its a little bit of extra fun.

101gamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 101gamespot
[QUOTE="hamidious"]

klausklaus

This Post fails on a grand scale

PS your Fanboy is showing

Yellow_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Yellow_Rose
[QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"][QUOTE="falconclan"]

falconclan

How so?

Oh, how were early adopters screwed?

Alright lets see here, I bought a 360, its broken 6 times. I got an okay deal for the $400 premium which came with a "20"gb hard drive and it seemed great at the time, but when elite was announced how did you not feel sick. Late adopters, NOT MS's most needed fanbase were given a great deal. MS even over charged for the new hard drive, which i suppose you could call a good deal next to the 20 gb hard drive being like $100.

Did we get any special offers? Any coupons or something so we wouldn't have to pay out the ass to get a new hard drive? No, im pretty sure i could sell my 360 on ebay now and save buy buying the entire elite instead of bothering buying a new hard drive.

I don't know about your 360, but my 360 didn't suddenly stop working when the Elite launched.

Avatar image for bipedal_gorilla
bipedal_gorilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bipedal_gorilla
Member since 2007 • 113 Posts
My 360 has been working just fine but if it fails and the warranty has expired and the PS3 is at the same price at that time...hello Sony.
bri360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bri360
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
This is the worst/ stupidest attempt to bash the 360 ive seen in a while. Most don't break, and that problem is being fixed soon. Plus all your other comments work the same way around, for ex: people who hate Sony will not buy a PS3. See its all relative. Now either think a little or just stop posting...
Yellow_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Yellow_Rose
[QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"][QUOTE="101gamespot"][QUOTE="cwalters"]

101gamespot

1) It proves not all 360 break.

2) You don't. But I have no reason to lie.

3) What's to stop any piece of equipment from breaking down tomorrow or the day after

4) Thanx

bri360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bri360
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
[QUOTE="klausklaus"][QUOTE="hamidious"]

101gamespot

How does his post fail... It makes alot of sense, he is just stating that it can all be turned around from other peoples perspective so thats why the original posters logic is faulty. Its not that hard to see that, its not a fanboy remark....

101gamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 101gamespot
[QUOTE="101gamespot"][QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"][QUOTE="101gamespot"][QUOTE="cwalters"]

Yellow_Rose

1) It proves not all 360 break.

2) You don't. But I have no reason to lie.

3) What's to stop any piece of equipment from breaking down tomorrow or the day after

4) Thanx

You are totlay missing the point

The Fact of a matter is it is well known that 360s have a high failure rate. while you sound like a fangirl. in order to win a console war you need to capture the casual and the mass market. but you cannot do that if your hardware fails. because casuals and the mass market are not as stupid as fanboys. they wont wait till the 11th console breaks to switch sides why because they dont care bout a stupid consol war they car about there gaming needs.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Rikusaki

PS3 and Wii arn't even a year old yet! :shock:

the 360 is over 1 1/2 years old!

of course its gonna have the most games!

101gamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 101gamespot
[QUOTE="101gamespot"][QUOTE="klausklaus"][QUOTE="hamidious"]

bri360

How does his post fail... It makes alot of sense, he is just stating that it can all be turned around from other peoples perspective so thats why the original posters logic is faulty. Its not that hard to see that, its not a fanboy remark....

Small % Fanboy Man Has Arrived (Meaning U)

falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 falconclan

PS3 and Wii arn't even a year old yet! :shock:

the 360 is over 1 1/2 years old!

of course its gonna have the most games!

Rikusaki

No one mentioned the amount of games, but the quality of them, wii's games are like minigames for the most part. Even sonic is a bit of a minigame, althought its the best sonic game in years.