Why the 360 will lose this war, 3rd place

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

u kno what?

if all 3 consoles came out at the same time, it would be fair

to compare. OMG that rhymes! fair to compare! lololol

eddy_of_york

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 eddy_of_york
Member since 2005 • 1676 Posts
Is it so hard to actually provide evidence for things you list as facts?
Yellow_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Yellow_Rose
Member since 2002 • 16739 Posts

You are totlay missing the point

The Fact of a matter is it is well known that 360s have a high failure rate. while you sound like a fangirl. in order to win a console war you need to capture the casual and the mass market. but you cannot do that if your hardware fails. because casuals and the mass market are not as stupid as fanboys. they wont wait till the 11th console breaks to switch sides why because they dont care bout a stupid consol war they car about there gaming needs.

101gamespot

Let me ask you a question

You say it's a well known fact that 360 has a high failure rate, right?

And yet the 360 has sold 10 units so far and contnues to outsell the PS3 every month.

Why do you think that's the case?

Yellow_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Yellow_Rose
Member since 2002 • 16739 Posts
BTW I know you called me a fangirl to be funny. The irony is I an a female. ;)
S1xSh0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 S1xSh0t
Member since 2007 • 529 Posts

[QUOTE="Fignewton50"]11 consoles? Be real. What about those gamers who bought the 360 at launch, have had no problems with it, and will eventually get all 3. The 360 has a much earlier start and is currently dominating in quantity and quality of games. There is no way that will let up. The 360 is becoming the console for the masses. hamidious

That was a reference about the 1UP.com story about the lemming who went through 11 360's and waiting for his 12th :).

and your that stupid to believe it

eastside49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 eastside49er
Member since 2002 • 19559 Posts

For one, I believe MS will win either way. Why? Because they will grab even more market share this go around, plus they will make money this go around. It is a win, win for MS even if they come in last in sales overall, which IMO, they won't.

As far as the failure rate goes for 360s, my 360 has broken down on me, but it was that heat sync issue that MS has currently already addressed. The hardware will only get more reliable when the 65nm chips go into production so the failure rates are more then likely to go way down in the near future.

hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

This is the worst/ stupidest attempt to bash the 360 ive seen in a while. Most don't break, and that problem is being fixed soon. Plus all your other comments work the same way around, for ex: people who hate Sony will not buy a PS3. See its all relative. Now either think a little or just stop posting...bri360

Being fixed soon? How do you know? The problem began more than a year ago, I think it is not "soon" enough. Anyway, the important thing is perception, since 360 target is supposedly hardcore, the kind of people that follow game news, they already have the perception that the 360 hardware is unreliable. PS3 and Wii don't have that problem, and the appeal of both will increase folds after big games arrive. On the other hand, would one want to buy asystem with good games when they know it will probably not last long or would they buy a system with good games and better reliability.

HarryCrackage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 HarryCrackage
Member since 2004 • 1426 Posts

[QUOTE="bri360"]This is the worst/ stupidest attempt to bash the 360 ive seen in a while. Most don't break, and that problem is being fixed soon. Plus all your other comments work the same way around, for ex: people who hate Sony will not buy a PS3. See its all relative. Now either think a little or just stop posting...hamidious

Being fixed soon? How do you know? The problem began more than a year ago, I think it is not "soon" enough. Anyway, the important thing is perception, since 360 target is supposedly hardcore, the kind of people that follow game news, they already have the perception that the 360 hardware is unreliable. PS3 and Wii don't have that problem, and the appeal of both will increase folds after big games arrive. On the other hand, would one want to buy asystem with good games when they know it will probably not last long or would they buy a system with good games and better reliability.

Good point, although the success of the faulty PS2 pretty much kills this argument.

hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 hamidious

Your points are all plain stupid and every "fanboy" could turn them the way he wanted. Theyr arent specific to xbox 360. You should get some education or logic skills at first my good boy. That way you will find it hard to pass most companie's pre-employement testing. You wont try to tell people about stupid things liek that then, when you cant even afford a console anymore.

Best wishes and good luck. (Youll need it)

klausklaus

Wow, did I hit a nerve there? Which leads me to the question who is the fanboy here?

As for logic and education, I think your comment just shows how educated and full of logic you are.

Luck? Who needs it, I have a great job withgreat pay8)

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts
Id say in 3 or 4 years when MS unveils their nxt Next Gen system, the 360 will be no worse than second. However, they need to continue to develope their strong franchise brands and also create new one for the future. This group of console will be the closest in sales in gaming history Imo and the seapation between 1st and 3rd will be minimal!! The key for MS is to have better console sales than the XBOX did by the end of its life cycle!
Big_T-Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Big_T-Mac
Member since 2005 • 6973 Posts
if third place includes all the best games out now (with no sign of slowing), the strongest (atleast graphically no doubt)platform, and the best online gaming, then i guess i signed up for third place. 3rd place has never seemed so sweet.
legol1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 legol1
Member since 2005 • 1998 Posts
I mean ending up 3rd place this generation and generating less sales than the competition.hamidious
man in the last gen ps2 was a realy unreliable machine and it won the console war why because it have a year headstart and it have the best third party support its the same thing this gen except its the 360 time now and sony losing and the wii is for little girl.
colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63 colmusterd28
Member since 2006 • 2854 Posts

So by your logic the PS2 should have never won last gen... It was by far the most unreliable/defective. I know three people myself that have gone through more than 2 ps2's. You talk about how people are gonna "switch" when their 360 breaks down, how come mass amounts of people didn't switch with each failed ps2? especially when we know that the competition was far superior (Xbox and Gamecube)... should I continue to shoot holes in your theory...?

...Let's face it, you said it yourself.... games, games games.... and as you put it... 360 is in great shape....

Immortal_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Immortal_Evil
Member since 2007 • 2004 Posts
My xbox must be blessed.
Gamingcucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#65 Gamingcucumber
Member since 2004 • 5612 Posts

It is possible, and I hope sony manages to get up on their feets since they honestly have a much better First Party line-up. Lower the price, remove the Blue-Rayand cut the arrogance and I would support a PS3.

The reason is that I dispase MicroSoft as a company when it comes to gaming, they got in to the gaming buiz for nothing but the money, while Nintendo did it for passion and Sony for revange. However.....Xbox 360 does have the best game line-up out there at the moment, which makes it the obvious choice when it comes to next-gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
Wait, so revenge is a better reason to make video games than money? :P
Gamingcucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#67 Gamingcucumber
Member since 2004 • 5612 Posts

Wait, so revenge is a better reason to make video games than money? :PJandurin

Of, course. It's a much better reason! That means that Sony wasn't just greedy. They actually had a wish to enter the buiz with Nintendo...but it didn't happend. Sony went into the market, showed Nintendo that they made a misstake leaving them behind. And put sparks into the buisness once again.

Microsoft? Not so much.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

The 360 has a lot of support from developers, good games coming, now here are my reasons why it will still end up the 3rd system.

Let's look at gamers attitude towards the 360:-

1) Die-hard lemmings and newly annointed lemmings who can't live without their 360 and arey ok with going through 2,3,4,5, or 11consoles, they are the equivelant of the Gamecube fanbase and will always support the 360.

2) People who want a 360 but if it breaks on them they will switch sides.

3) People who own all consoles or two of them and love their 360, but after a while they find that the competition is evolving and won't keep their 360when it breaks and find out that after a while that their love for the 360 is not pragmatic anymore.

4) People who hate M$ and the X-box brand and consider themselves traitors if they buy one.

5) People who own other consoles and don't give a damn about 360 games.

6) People who don't want to pay for online no matter what and will never get a 360.

7) People who have a gaming PC and can't find too much distinction for them to own a 360, and Microsoft cares as much about PC gaming because it wants to sell Vista(which will never catch up without cool DX10 games), so this will never change.

As you can see, M$ just signed the 360 death warrant by not seriously dealing with the problem and/or not properly communicating with the customers aboutthis matter. The reliability issue really hurt the image of the 360, and will hold sales the most.

hamidious

I guess number 7 applies to me, but the rest is very subjective imo ... those same points can be used against all consoles.

hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 hamidious

The PS2 unreliability surely didn't add to its sales, it won for different reasons.

The 360 is notin the same situation as thePS2, let me list some differences:-

1) The 360 problem I believe is more serious and will take longer.

2) The PS2 had the GameCube and the XBOX as competition. The GameCube had the same market as N64 fans, loyal sheep and didn't do anything evolutionary, plus the kiddie image and 3rd party support problem didn't go away. The XBOX was a new machine by MS, the best they could do was grab a sizeable market share,both systems were reallynot in the war to begin with. The Wii is just a gigantic hit due mostly to the new controller scheme, and Sony is really pumping so much into development studios to make killer apps for PS3 which still holds PSbrand name(big advantage). Both Nintendo and Sony are set tofight very hard and both have experience winning.

3) You said it best, this war will be the hardest fought, anybig mistake and you lose the war. While Sony could afford to make mistakes due to lack of competition last gen, this gen is a different story.

4) Even PC is competing with the 360, I believe PC will eatspecifically at the 360 market share because, let's face it, the360 and PC share a lot of titles,PC gamers will stick to theirPC when they see those cool multi-ports are better on their PC and are more likely to buy a Wii/PS3 to complement their PCs.

5) This may sound fanboyish to you, but MS fame is more related to windows, hotmail...etc, not gaming. Sony and Nintnedo are well known for their gaming brands.

I agree however, the 360 will be a winner in terms of expanding MS marketshare in gaming, but will still end up last, quote me on this.

dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts

Does anyone else find it strange that all these failure rate claims take place on message boards, and not on major news networks, or part of class action lawsuits like were filed against the ps2.

My launch 360 died, it was fixed for free. I was on my 3rd ps2, when I got the ps3. I had to repurchase new consoles.

klausklaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 klausklaus
Member since 2005 • 268 Posts

The failure rate is not that much higher than on other consoles or electronics. It has a problem and that is being worked on. I never lost a console, no PS nor a XBOX or Nintendo (those are REALLY resistent^^).

My consoles all are kept in a dust free and good venitilated place though. Perhaps its because were having 24 months garantie by law over here that company's are more cautios with what consoles they sell and which they dont.

13 of my friends have launch XBOX like myself and not ONE ever broke down. If some peoplealready have their 6th ... that really something. But probably not "as a rule".

And for me being a fanboy... maybe. *looks at his PS3* Yep, Sony always was my weak spot.

And keep in mind: You only hear comments of people whos consoles died. The ones that have no Problem.... well, why should they post. The 360 is a great system... and it will be more successfull than its predecessor. Microsoft did a step foward. Who thought it would make up that much of a fight compared to the PS3?

munsoned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 munsoned
Member since 2006 • 3064 Posts

The 360 has a lot of support from developers, good games coming, now here are my reasons why it will still end up the 3rd system.

1) Die-hard lemmings and newly annointed lemmings who can't live without their 360 and arey ok with going through 2,3,4,5, or 11consoles, they are the equivelant of the Gamecube fanbase and will always support the 360.

3) People who own all consoles or two of them and love their 360, but after a while they find that the competition is evolving and won't keep their 360when it breaks and find out that after a while that their love for the 360 is not pragmatic anymore.

4) People who hate M$ and the X-box brand and consider themselves traitors if they buy one.

6) People who don't want to pay for online no matter what and will never get a 360.

7) People who have a gaming PC and can't find too much distinction for them to own a 360, and Microsoft cares as much about PC gaming because it wants to sell Vista(which will never catch up without cool DX10 games), so this will never change.

As you can see, M$ just signed the 360 death warrant by not seriously dealing with the problem and/or not properly communicating with the customers aboutthis matter. The reliability issue really hurt the image of the 360, and will hold sales the most.

hamidious

reason number 1 should tell u how good the 360 is...

when ms knocks the bugs out of the 360 later this year. im buying 1 for sure.

the 360 could end up last and still win at what matters to them. getting more xbox fans that will buy their next system after the 360.

Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Carmilla31
Member since 2005 • 3335 Posts

The failure rate is not that much higher than on other consoles or electronics. It has a problem and that is being worked on. I never lost a console, no PS nor a XBOX or Nintendo (those are REALLY resistent^^).

My consoles all are kept in a dust free and good venitilated place though. Perhaps its because were having 24 months garantie by law over here that company's are more cautios with what consoles they sell and which they dont.

13 of my friends have launch XBOX like myself and not ONE ever broke down. If some peoplealready have their 6th ... that really something. But probably not "as a rule".

And for me being a fanboy... maybe. *looks at his PS3* Yep, Sony always was my weak spot.

And keep in mind: You only hear comments of people whos consoles died. The ones that have no Problem.... well, why should they post. The 360 is a great system... and it will be more successfull than its predecessor. Microsoft did a step foward. Who thought it would make up that much of a fight compared to the PS3?

klausklaus
The failure rate is not much higher then other consoles? Go to the PS3 and Wii forums. There are no stickies for faulty consoles. Then go to the 360 forum. There is a sticky with over 100 pages and 3000 posts on 360s breaking down. But let me guess, all of those 3000 posts are a internet hoax?
iLiveBy2words

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#74 iLiveBy2words
Member since 2005 • 550 Posts

1.Playstation 3's library will dominate the 360's by Q2 of next year.

2.Wii is more family oriented and is selling like wildfire.

3.The 360 fanboys will eventually quit when their parents refuse to repair or replace their son's broken console.

4.The 360 fanboys are idiots and all of the best marketing efforts have been put towards games that have flopped(like Crackdown).

I own a 360 & a PS3...

Feature-wise, PS3>360

Online, PS3>360[Free wifi internet & free multiplayer with up to 40 players is better than Xbox Live. Plus, no wireless networking adapter is necessary.]

Upcoming games, PS3>360

Multiplayer, 360>PS3

RPG, Too close to tell

Shooter, 360>PS3

Action, PS3>>>>>360 by a lot

Strategy, PS3>360

Overall, PS3>360

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#75 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts
[QUOTE="cwalters"]

nice try noob, but you have utterly failed

I take it you were a nintendo fan when ps1 came out, I'm sure they said the same thing

101gamespot

Listen Fangirl this guy makes a good point i mean on the basis of Hardware reliability it will play a big part in the way the 360 is percived buy the mass market. I mean what good is a gaming console if it keeps breaking idiot.

Montavious2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Montavious2004
Member since 2004 • 156 Posts

1.Playstation 3's library will dominate the 360's by Q2 of next year.

2.Wii is more family oriented and is selling like wildfire.

3.The 360 fanboys will eventually quit when their parents refuse to repair or replace their son's broken console.

4.The 360 fanboys are idiots and all of the best marketing efforts have been put towards games that have flopped(like Crackdown).

I own a 360 & a PS3...

Feature-wise, PS3>360

Online, PS3>360[Free wifi internet & free multiplayer with up to 40 players is better than Xbox Live. Plus, no wireless networking adapter is necessary.]

Upcoming games, PS3>360

Multiplayer, 360>PS3

RPG, Too close to tell

Shooter, 360>PS3

Action, PS3>>>>>360 by a lot

Strategy, PS3>360

Overall, PS3>360

iLiveBy2words

Woah after reading just number 1 your entire post became worthless. There's no way they can make it, even if they werer't lying when the said they'll have 150 titles out in a year. I bet you 1000 ps3's at that point they wont. Wait, at the point ps3's will be even more worthless, we'll bet for one xbox360 then.

gamergeekgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 gamergeekgeek
Member since 2006 • 3395 Posts

only NA is helping xbox360 being alive.

ps3 and wii are going to have world wide support.

GermanShepard06

only japan is helping ps3 being alive

wii60 is going to have world wide support

fission mailed

Teo_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Teo_7
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

M$ sucks!

GLORY SONY,GLORY SONY!

Bdking57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Bdking57
Member since 2005 • 1320 Posts

People saying "They dont care" about the 360 games are simply ignorant, the available 360 games are on a entirely different level. The games im not interested in are the tired old franchises and gameplaywe have been playing since the PS1. When it comes to gameplay and the evolution of control the PS3 did nothing over the ps2.

"

ps3 and wii are going to have world wide support."

Right... because europe loves the PS3... currently western developers are light years more advanced then eastern game developers. If the PS3 fails to capture NA... then it fails period.

The business outcome that the sony fanboys fail to see is this, nintendos complete domination over sony in japan forces eastern developers who are struggling enough to keep up with games created in north america to concentrate their efforts on the Wii and DS... and abandon future PS3 games with the exception of a title here and there like the gamecube. Meanwhile, there definately will not be support for sony domestically if they fail to ever capture any decent market share with the exception of multiplats.... after developers lose millions on their first wave of PS3 games due to the low install base, their will financially not be any way to justify a second attempt.... get ready for one wave of games and after that eternal drought.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#80 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
I'm having trouble making any sense of this post. . . . wait a minute, there is none.
sparkypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#81 sparkypants
Member since 2007 • 2609 Posts

It is possible, and I hope sony manages to get up on their feets since they honestly have a much better First Party line-up. Lower the price, remove the Blue-Rayand cut the arrogance and I would support a PS3.

The reason is that I dispase MicroSoft as a company when it comes to gaming, they got in to the gaming buiz for nothing but the money, while Nintendo did it for passion and Sony for revange. However.....Xbox 360 does have the best game line-up out there at the moment, which makes it the obvious choice when it comes to next-gen.

Gamingcucumber

There is one flaw in your staitment, "Nintendo doing it for passion" actually Nintendo did it for money too, Nintendo was originaly a trading card company in japan but there business was failing, when they found out you can make good money in the VG business they hopped on board. So yeah they did it for money too(all systems did really)

fiercekiller93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 fiercekiller93
Member since 2007 • 195 Posts

but when the 360 realizes that the PS3 has a greater potential when it reaches it's potential (bigger levels/worlds better graphics) and also the PS3 will have a longer "Lifespan" than the 360 because the console lasts longer and keep making games longer than the 360.

silverjiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 silverjiken
Member since 2005 • 2162 Posts

this is SW, owned by lemmings

Everybody else knows that 360 we be last in sales by the end of this gen

silverjiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 silverjiken
[QUOTE="GermanShepard06"]

gamergeekgeek

fission mailed

Haha nice, using Wii's name to make the sales in Japan and europelook better then they are.

before Sheep were hiding behind 360, now lemmings are hiding behind Wii :lol:

killaj2786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 killaj2786
Member since 2006 • 2531 Posts

I only brought one....at launch...still works...

I also have a PS3...even though i shouldve waited...

BS.....I have a ps3 and a 360...i have a 10 games for my 360...and only 2 for my ps3...what does that tell u...

And that has any point to this thread because...

Go back to #3

Diddnt the director of PSN said that they might have to eventually charge PSN on a monthly basis?

Ok this affects wut ? the 20 people who have an good gaming pc?

hamidious

As I can see this post makes no sense whatsoever and U dont understand how the gaming industry. I'm not saying the 360 is gonna win but i dont see it going to third place either.

killaj2786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 killaj2786
[QUOTE="gamergeekgeek"][QUOTE="GermanShepard06"]

silverjiken

fission mailed

Haha nice, using Wii's name to make the sales in Japan and europelook better then they are.

before Sheep were hiding behind 360, now lemmings are hiding behind Wii :lol:

I dont think so..

http://vgchartz.com/eweekly.php

The cows only have Japan....oh wait....

silverjiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 silverjiken
Vg chartz hihihihi
Mardil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#88 Mardil
Member since 2004 • 3214 Posts
They are going to make the less profit, that's for sure. Well... now that I think of it... maybe Sony might loose even more.
killaj2786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 killaj2786

Vg chartz hihihihisilverjiken

Diddnt cows use this dumb site as some proof that the 360 wasnt selling for about 6 months? Now that the lemmings aredoing better than the cows in europe ( btw those sales are just this year not lifetime)....

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#90 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

I'm having trouble making any sense of this post. . . . wait a minute, there is none.sonicare

I was thinking the same thing. Just another fanboy's opinion that is pretty much meaningless. I think everyone can move on to the next thread now.

hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 hamidious
Here I'm reminding you of my old post, my prophecy is coming true, 360 is in trouble, and I own all who object.
Avatar image for WalterPaladines
WalterPaladines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 WalterPaladines
Member since 2003 • 1742 Posts

According to Vgchartz the PS3 is outselling the 360 in America, Japan and Europe.

/TLHBO

emmel05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 emmel05
Member since 2005 • 102 Posts

Lame flamebait... The only reason 360 won't win is because it won't win Japan.

But itshould because it actually has the best JRPGs. Microsoft needs to do something about their marketing in Japan.ShaneBeck

haha win japan? what is this, Risk? who cares what happens in japan, honestly, just worry about what's happening in ur own home...thats all i care about