Why people will buy Xbox one X and not buy/upgrade PC instead?

• 69 results
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@daredevils2k said:

Only reason, they just want to throw money at something that's going to be outdated in a year or two , especially with PS5 announcement and next gen video cards.

You might as well don't buy any hardware.

X1X dev kit already has 24 GB GDDR5-6800 memory storage foot print i.e. MS already designing memory storage foot print for the next Xbox. It's missing 7nm era CPU and GPU IP.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13665 Posts

Because they like getting owned by MS

'Daily and nightly and ever so rightly'.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13665 Posts
@DJ-Lafleur said:

Because:

1. they may have friends that play on Xbox

2. They might already own an original Xbox One themselves, thus have games and other stuff they can carry over whereas with building a PC or getting another system they'd have to start from scratch.

Why can't you carry your stuff over on the PC? Everything has accounts and cloud saves pretty much.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

Ugh, this old thread again. FVCK PC man.

- too many games across too many genres. nobody can play them all, so who needs em.

- too many graphics. graphics are really important when you're fighting for a distant 2nd place, but 1st place? nobody likes a show off.

- too many performance. the human eye can't see past 30fps anyways, but it still ruins the cinematic experience.

- too many good deals. must be a scam.

- too good online and free, so you know it must be a scam. plus everybody is a NSA level hacker on PC.

- too many options across the board really. For instance I don't want to be bothered choosing the best control type for the game I'm playing. I don't want to click a few settings to remove shitty post processing effects. I don't want to choose between 4k or ridiculously awesome performance depending on the game. I just want the experience fed to me however the devs see fit, or within the limited confines of a cheap machine, ya know? Which brings me to -

- mods. not what the developer intended, so they're bad. in some cases they're better than the remasters we buy on consoles so it's like you're stealing from the industry. in other cases they can improve, or breathe new life into the gameplay itself, denying the devs a chance to improve. IT'S WRONG.

---

In short: I'm a simple man who likes simple things. I don't like downloading rams. I don't like upgrading drivers every day or GPUs every month. I take a casual approach to a life long hobby, **** being an enthusiast and getting the most out of it.

Muh preference!
Muh preference!

SO LEAVE ME ALONE !!!

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

My 5 year old gaming PC need just about everything, the only thing I could use is the case. The first PC I built was a 386, ordering parts putting them all together and setting it all up is getting a little boring. I got a ton of other hobbies that are a lot more fun. I will purchase a Xbox one X and maybe down the road a PS5 if Sony has any games that I want to play!

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#57 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

I'm currently thinking of getting a dedicated gaming PC to play Destiny 2 with friends. I'll also get to play it at 1080p60 if I put in a bit more money, which is what you can't get on consoles.

If it wasn't for friends, the allure of the ease of consoles is huge for me. And if I was to get a beast console, it would be the Xbox One X for sure. Form factor, ecosystem, everything - it's just brilliant for someone like me who just wants to plug in and play.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@Basinboy said:

Main reason: they don't know any better

Second: Interface preference & pre-existing anchors to the ecosystem

^ this sums it up pretty much. Most other systems at least have the excuse of excluisves, but that seems to be gone with the XOne X.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#59  Edited By EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:
@adsparky said:

It's easier to have it in the living room than a PC.

This is the biggest reason for me.

It fits under my TV, quiet and easy to use by anyone in the family.

But I guess by some idiots in here that makes me thick.

Anyone that criticizes a person for having different tastes and needs than them are ignorant buffoons. There is nothing wrong with buying what you like for your own personal reasons. Most making dumb blanketing Statements are just Jealous because they can't afford to buy one or are too small minded to understand that people have different values.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Why do people buy McDonalds?

:)

cyberpunk_2077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#61 cyberpunk_2077
Member since 2015 • 627 Posts

@dxmcat: Fastfood Master Race!

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

Why do you make a thread for a question that should be relatively obvious?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56110 Posts

@crashnburn281 said:

Why do you make a thread for a question that should be relatively obvious?

Sometimes I always ask indzman, Why ask when you already know the answer?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#64  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

For the same reasons they've always chosen a console over a PC. It's not really hard to understand why.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#65 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34614 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: LOL 10/10 post.

@primorandomguy: LOL! Super salty/10 post! Great entertainment.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#66 pyro1245  Online
Member since 2003 • 9399 Posts

A lot of my other hobbies require a PC so it just makes sense to have it as my main gaming device as well.

....at that point it's tough to go back to console because, well... they just suck. Mediocre performance in games and they're pretty much useless outside of that.

So my answer to the OP would be: they can't afford, don't know, or don't care. Everything else is just a System Wars excuse.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#67  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44566 Posts

Because I prefer consoles, the XB1 will offer best version of multiplats on consoles going forward, and I already have some 300+ games on my system with no games, and i'm not predisposed to all the MS hate like everyone else.

Avatar image for infamousangel99
InfamousAngel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#68 InfamousAngel99
Member since 2017 • 7 Posts

There are different factors that come into play when choosing which platform you will buy. Maybe

- Maybe the buyer doesn't want to worry about updating their PC frequently

- Maybe they have a family and want to buy something everyone in their family will enjoy

- Some people may prefer to play with a controller ( yes, you can hook one up to your PC, but some people may not want to worry about setting up their controller preferences for each game they play).

- Maybe its something as simple as THEY DON'T WANT A PC

Just choose one of them or none of them. It's as simple as that. Just enjoy the games you want to play on whatever platform you play them on.

TuMekeNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 TuMekeNZ
Member since 2016 • 149 Posts

I have no idea why some people cant understand that a lot of people just prefer to game on console. Plug and play is huge and why I have been a console gamer since the 2600.

Have played plenty of games on a friends high spec PC and yes the games look great... still doesn't make me want to go build a PC though.

treelog187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 treelog187
Member since 2005 • 2111 Posts

People list all kinds of reasons, but it's really dead simple.

1. They don't have the funds for it. Fair enough. Even though you can get a lot more out of even a budget PC than an Xbone, the full spectrum advantage of a gaming PC comes when you put a bit more in. Granted it's still a much better deal in the long run, the cost of entry can be scary for some. Understandable.

2. Just plain ignorance. This is where someone cries elitist, but that's not how it is at all. We all want to enjoy gaming at its best. Of course the kind of gamer who chooses an XboneX thinks they're getting exactly that. They're not choosing a far inferior platform on purpose, they simply don't understand the massive gulf between a system like that and a proper gaming PC. They haven't experienced it to know.

I find you have to communicate this to console only gamers in a way they understand, something they can relate to. So imagine you have one gamer who only owns an Atari 2600. Then you have another gamer who owns a NES, Master System, SNES, and a Genesis. It's fairly obvious who has the better gaming experience all around. The guy who only has a 2600 can talk about what he prefers all day, but get real, that's some clown nonsense.

But that's the kind of gulf we're talking about here. At a certain point preference moves on from being a matter of opinion to become something laughable.

Of course some poor fool will come along and claim he has some amazing PC, but still prefers the Xbone. Ok. Only two kinds of people say that. Liars and masochists. So have at it.