Why people will buy Xbox one X and not buy/upgrade PC instead?

• 69 results
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I know Xbox One X is powerful console, but it got no games which will not be available on PC. Why not upgrade or buy a more powerful PC instead? Buying/Upgrading PC over Xbox One X seems like a wise decision in the long run, but hey its my opinion only.

To them, who are buying Xbox One X. Give reasons why you choosing it over PC? Is it because you prefer console gaming, can't afford PC or just want to waste your parents hardearned money?

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Main reason: they don't know any better

Second: Interface preference & pre-existing anchors to the ecosystem

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 lexxluger
Member since 2017 • 599 Posts

Some people like gaming on consoles. Like it or not, agree or not that means something.

I would normally much rather buy a console over a PC, but with Xbox one sharing games with PC that makes it a much tougher choice for someone like me but maybe not so much for the casual consumer.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43998 Posts

Because I'm not interested in gaming on a PC, I much prefer just getting a console and gaming on that. I prefer getting my games on a physical format and consoles still support that more then PC so that's a big motivator for me.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Variety of reasons...

Some people prefer gaming on consoles.

Some people are ignorant when it comes to technology and don't know how to put together a PC.

Some people are just really dumb and believe MS' bullshit that the X1X will give them high-end PC performance.

Some people really do like Xbone's mediocre lineup of "exclusives".

Some people are just straight up lemmings and will buy a bag of shit if the word "Xbox" was written on it.

olart4618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 olart4618
Member since 2010 • 478 Posts

where I live is very

@Basinboy said:

Second: Interface preference & pre-existing anchors to the ecosystem

Pretty much this

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#7 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2549 Posts

It's easier to have it in the living room than a PC.

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 952 Posts

Because it would cost to much for me to go the pc route. I would have to start from scratch to have a powerful pc. Graphics cards are too expensive right now. Im going to wait till next generation to build a pc so that i know it is up to date from the begining of the gen.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

If they don't already have a PC to upgrade. De Novo build would be more expensive

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

This thread again? Well for me personally I prefer gaming on consoles. Plus to get a PC I'd want the top of the line, and that's at least a grand. I have over 200 games on X1 already anyway. Plus my friends play on Xbox. I actually can't wait for X1X. It's prefect for me.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#11 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Because it doesn't require work it does not give me errors when running games computers tend to do that

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@mariokart64fan: uh, consoles give errors as well. There was a thread today about destiny 2 crashing on PS4 pro

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Cuz I don't care about PC gaming and with the money I would have to spend in building me a good PC for gaming is going to cost me more than purchasing a Pro, a 1X and a Switch. Got it ?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22369 Posts

Here we go again...

Because I prefer consoles & have no interest in PC. It's not rocket science.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

Lmao

Another closeted insecure butthurt Cow reassurance thread to believe (or desperately FORCE PEOPLE to believe) PC gaming is for "everyone" and knock off the X1X as an irrelevant console.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Prefer shit tech, no other reason.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

@adsparky: or hook the pc up to your tv and buy a controller. But that's up to you do what you prefer

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

They are dumb. Same reason why someone would think evolution or climate change is fake. Or vote for Trump.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#19 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Because some people like playing games on consoles.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5819 Posts

@adsparky said:

It's easier to have it in the living room than a PC.

This is the biggest reason for me.

It fits under my TV, quiet and easy to use by anyone in the family.

But I guess by some idiots in here that makes me thick.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23706 Posts

Ugh, this old thread again. FVCK PC man.

- too many games across too many genres. nobody can play them all, so who needs em.

- too many graphics. graphics are really important when you're fighting for a distant 2nd place, but 1st place? nobody likes a show off.

- too many performance. the human eye can't see past 30fps anyways, but it still ruins the cinematic experience.

- too many good deals. must be a scam.

- too good online and free, so you know it must be a scam. plus everybody is a NSA level hacker on PC.

- too many options across the board really. For instance I don't want to be bothered choosing the best control type for the game I'm playing. I don't want to click a few settings to remove shitty post processing effects. I don't want to choose between 4k or ridiculously awesome performance depending on the game. I just want the experience fed to me however the devs see fit, or within the limited confines of a cheap machine, ya know? Which brings me to -

- mods. not what the developer intended, so they're bad. in some cases they're better than the remasters we buy on consoles so it's like you're stealing from the industry. in other cases they can improve, or breathe new life into the gameplay itself, denying the devs a chance to improve. IT'S WRONG.

---

In short: I'm a simple man who likes simple things. I don't like downloading rams. I don't like upgrading drivers every day or GPUs every month. I take a casual approach to a life long hobby, **** being an enthusiast and getting the most out of it.

Muh preference!
Muh preference!

SO LEAVE ME ALONE !!!

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#22  Edited By gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

1. X1X offers superior bang-for-buck compared to PC when it comes to performance.

2. Thanks to Ether you're lucky to even get a GPU, let alone the jump in price performance-tier GPUs have experienced.

3. It's designed for gamepad use, so it's more convenient for living room/TV.

4. Has 4K Blu-Ray.

5. No self-assembly required.

6. Superior form-factor

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#23 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2549 Posts

@Celsius765: If you live alone then thats the way to go, but if you live with your family something smaller and easier to interact with is best suited for the living room. And i'm not talking about the xbox in particular, is about every console vs PC argument.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61427 Posts

The price point, for what you get, is pretty damn good. Building a competent PC can get expensive, especially if you don't half-ass some of the parts. My PC cost close to 3 grand.

Plus, people may have friends who play Xbox, plus any other number of reasons.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Space and prefer playing with controller over mouse/keyboard. Plus having xbox one x, pretty much get to play most of the popular pc titles, so pc would be redundant when already owning an xbox one x.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#26 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Not wasting my time responding to this again, especially with the tone of the OP(wasting parents money...) but I will simply point out that Halo 5 Guardians is not available on PC, so not all the games on XOne are playable on PC.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Couldn't search in the other 25 identical threads?

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Primorandomguy

@ConanTheStoner: That kid reminds me of you. You throw little temper tantrums when anything is being discussed when it comes to PC gaming. You become an intolerable little bitch. No one was even bashing PC gaming. Get over yourself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

Building a new PC from scratch that rivals or surpasses the Xbox One X won't be a cheap affair and I'd be surprised if it were doable. The Xbox One X is good value for money when you consider what the machine can do. Now, if you already have a gaming capable PC and are looking to upgrade, then I think this is perhaps a more considerable route to take than opting for the console.

It could also be familiarity and preference. Building a computer require some know-how and a bit of research beforehand whereas purchasing the Xbox One X is a simple, out of the box solution. The rebuttal is to do the same with a PC but purchasing a PC can be considerably more expensive than building one or buying a console, and you're not even guaranteed the performance will meet the price... Sometimes a gaming console is simply a hassle free and comfortable purchase.

Coming from someone who recently built a new gaming PC in response to Microsoft's direction with the Xbox brand, my reason had more to do with two factors.

1. The games available for PC were more appealing to me than the Xbox One X.

2. I am not turned off by the idea of building or managing a gaming PC, and in fact it was a project that sounded quite fun to me.

However, the PC that I built was more expensive to build than the Xbox One X. While I believe my PC certainly outperforms the console, I can still see the value of opting for something powerful in its own right for a more affordable price; granted there will be a smaller pool of games to choose from...

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@indzman said:

I know Xbox One X is powerful console, but it got no games which will not be available on PC. Why not upgrade or buy a more powerful PC instead? Buying/Upgrading PC over Xbox One X seems like a wise decision in the long run, but hey its my opinion only.

To them, who are buying Xbox One X. Give reasons why you choosing it over PC? Is it because you prefer console gaming, can't afford PC or just want to waste your parents hardearned money?

Despite PC's advantages, game consoles still has a large market share in the US market which is different from mainland Chinese market. Without Xbox, the Japanese would have 48 percent of the US gaming market.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

It has games, that's fanboy hyperbole; I won't build a PC for the $350-380 I'm paying for X1X that equals it; I will never have to search for a fix as to why a game doesn't play like I do sometimes on PC; majority of my gaming buddies are on console, most on Xbox. It isn't rocket science folks. It's the same reason some people prefer pie over cake; red heads over blondes. Entertainment is a subjective thing.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#32  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69089 Posts

We do it because it annoys PC gamers.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#33 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I'm doing both. Upgraded my computer earlier this year. There are Xbox games that I would like to play that aren't on PC. I quit the 360 after my 5th RROD in '07/'08, so I missed out on a few things that are available to play on Xbox One via b/c. I could go for the cheaper S, but I'd rather have the latest one. Aside from the console-only content, I prefer to play certain games on consoles, like Assassin's Creed.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@primorandomguy said:

@ConanTheStoner: That kid reminds me of you. You throw little temper tantrums when anything is being discussed when it comes to PC gaming. You become an intolerable little bitch. No one was even bashing PC gaming. Get over yourself.

Ha,

Well putting aside how salty cvnt you get about this topic so often, and how incredibly defensive you always are about a box, it was really just a joke bro. :P

Was just typing up the very same console gamer arguments I see on this board.

But given your response here, I'd say the pic nails it.

Seriously dude, I couldn't give a shit less about what you game on lol.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55899 Posts

Here we go again. It's amazing that we are still having these arguments between consoles over PC, PC over consoles. (SW yeah I know, it's the Law)

I'm typically a whatever floats your boat kind of guy. I have a beast of a PC that I built myself. It will blow away even mightiest Xbox One X to say nothing of the current-gen consoles. I can't say enough great things about having this machine PC of mines to play most of the multiplatform titles in all of it's 60fps wealth & glory. I also have consoles, because they've got some excellent exclusives games I really enjoy playing.

In short, console gamers just want something simple, they like to buy consoles, hook it up to the TV as in 1,2,3 and bam, play time! PC nowadays are becoming just plug & play really, nothing hard about it.

To sum it up: Why bother choosing?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ConanTheStoner
@davillain- said:

To sum it up: Why bother choosing?

I'd guess most of us here are tbh.

Granted this gen the majority of my game time moved over to PC for obvious reasons, but I still pick up consoles for the handful of good exclusives they (most of them) get. Which is why I still have a PS3, PS4, WiiU, and Switch hooked up.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Listen. I already Have a Nice PC and I already have X1X on Pre-Order

If you really need to know why it is simple: My mancrush Jago is gonna look amazing on X1X beating up Saberwolf!!!

ONLY ON JAGOBOX1X!!!!

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Primorandomguy

@ConanTheStoner: I just remember how our previous conversations went with this subject. You become impossible.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

@adsparky: Family? You must mean kids they're last ones you want touching the pc xD

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9479 Posts

People are so marrow minded and lost it truly amuses me. Some people (like myself) prefer console gaming, using a controller, the ease of access of many features, built in chat and chat functionality, etc. Trying to explain why PC gaming is better is not only wrong in most cases, it is humorous (to a point, then it's just an eye rolling..here we go again affair, usually spewed by a brain dead cretin with dial up running dos). It isn't hard to figure out, and asking the same question over and over again is almost as asinine as someone like me trying to explain it to the legion of brick walls a million times in the first place. Reality check, no one cares about anyone's shitty ass computer except for the person who owns it. I have one too, and I could afford a better one, but I CHOOSE not to, because it ISN'T a good option for me. Not because I am "not in the know" or "ignorant to how much better it is." Different strokes for different folks. I am in the boat that says PC gaming sucks for the most part. You like cheating, modders, glitchers, aim botters, people playing on a thousand different settings (in order to gain advantages in many cases), etc. then that is great. However, for people who like PLAYING games and not just talking about them or how they run... we will stick to consoles for the time being.

You can save your blah blah blah about why I am wrong, because I'm not. The VAST majority of PC's are on par or below consoles these days and it will be even worse when the Xbox One X releases. Yes, I am aware that a few enthusiasts have nice gaming PC's, but once again MOST of those people care more about the internal workings of the games rather than actually playing them.

Some of us choose to have all the options on lock, and I fall into that category. Limiting yourself is foolish if you have the means to afford more than that, and trying to justify why owning one and only one is the best option is completely subjective and easier to argue against than to agree with.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

It seems like there is one of these "why buy a Xbox when the games are on PC" threads at least once a week or more. Can the mods just make a sticky thread for this kind of topic and then start locking any new ones?

The answer to the question for the thousandth time is because many people don't like gaming on a PC and prefer the console experience. I don't know why that is so hard to understand for some people.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Only reason, they just want to throw money at something that's going to be outdated in a year or two , especially with PS5 announcement and next gen video cards.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5011 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

- too many games across too many genres. nobody can play them all, so who needs em.

- too many graphics. graphics are really important when you're fighting for a distant 2nd place, but 1st place? nobody likes a show off.

- too many performance. the human eye can't see past 30fps anyways, but it still ruins the cinematic experience.

- too good online and free, so you know it must be a scam. plus everybody is a NSA level hacker on PC.

- too many options across the board really. For instance I don't want to be bothered choosing the best control type for the game I'm playing. I don't want to click a few settings to remove shitty post processing effects. I don't want to choose between 4k or ridiculously awesome performance depending on the game. I just want the experience fed to me however the devs see fit, or within the limited confines of a cheap machine, ya know? Which brings me to -

- mods. not what the developer intended, so they're bad. in some cases they're better than the remasters we buy on consoles so it's like you're stealing from the industry. in other cases they can improve, or breathe new life into the gameplay itself, denying the devs a chance to improve. IT'S WRONG.

---

In short: I'm a simple man who likes simple things. I don't like downloading rams. I don't like upgrading drivers every day or GPUs every month. I take a casual approach to a life long hobby, **** being an enthusiast and getting the most out of it.

Muh preference!
Muh preference!

SO LEAVE ME ALONE !!!

This was epic lol.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 indzman

@appariti0n said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

---

Muh preference!
Muh preference!

SO LEAVE ME ALONE !!!

This was epic lol.

Le' Stonier Boned it man XD

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 indzman

@charizard1605 said:

BTW never got around to ask you.Do you have a gaming PC as well? :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#47 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@indzman said:
@charizard1605 said:

Nope. Don't want one either.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 indzman

@charizard1605 said:
@indzman said:
@charizard1605 said:

Nope. Don't want one either.

Ahhh!

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49  Edited By DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Because:

1. they may have friends that play on Xbox

2. They might already own an original Xbox One themselves, thus have games and other stuff they can carry over whereas with building a PC or getting another system they'd have to start from scratch.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Simple answer for you: Because they fucking want one!

You're welcome, from a person with a nice gaming computer.

P.S. I have a Xbox One X on order also.