Why is Sony the only one still putting out challenging exclusives?

• 189 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

@AzatiS said:

Thats why i give kudos to SONY for years now , they delivering every single generation amazing/great/good/decent exclusives while they trying new IPs again and again.

Yeah, new IPs again and again, yet look at most of their past IPs that no longer exist or in development.

e.g. Resistance, Motorstorm, Wipeout, Twisted Metal, SOCOM.. etc.

They (desperately) need new IPs because there's absolutely NOTHING of quality that's viable or sustainable on their line up.

At the end of the day, the Playstation platform has always thrived on 3rd party support. Something Cows don't seem to understand (or they're too stupid, likely the case) and can't seem to sink into their skulls.

"bu..bu...but teh exclusives matters!!"

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

I found Bayonetta hard. I mean I got through the game okay but I only got stone and bronze ratings on the majority of the levels.

It's a very hard game to master. I got platinum on maybe the first two stages? That's about it. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@soulitane said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@soulitane said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@soulitane said:

I never found Bloodborne to be particularly hard. I guess that discounts it because one person doesn't think it's hard. \Logic.

I've found that the beauty of Bloodborne is the inherent challenge settings built into the gameplay design. By that, I mean you can alter the way you play and the game is an entirely new and more brutal experience. The alteration could be anything from using a specific type of weapon only, limiting what armor you use, using no magic items, etc. etc. It really does change the experiential landscape of the game, so to speak.

So, you mean doing shit that people do in other games already to give artificial challenge?

Um, I guess? Not saying you can't apply this to other games....

Therefore by that very logic, any game can be a challenge if you limit how you play :o

Would you rather I said 'that's the beauty of games in general'?

Geez, dude. I was just pointing an aspect out. It's not like that's the only thing Bloodborne's got going for it.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@Pedro: It will actually be nice to know how much COD sold on ps4 alone for the year. I expect it to sell more then UC4 as it is the most popular game and genre everywhere. Even that I don't think it sold like 20 million judging by the Pokemon sells. It also sells very well on xboxone with even better attach rate there globally speaking. the split is probably a mill or two ps4.

I wouldn't be suprised if UC4 with its bundles is the best selling game on ps4. On the other hand games like Bloodborne and Nioh especially they probably celebrate if they just sell 2 million copies. Nioh is probably budgeted to sell only that without UC4, COD marketing and tech. Also realistically that is the audiences for those games. They are really not expecting these game to compete with COD but still highlight and give them some marketing space. They are making or collaborating on such projects to try and expand audiences, sometimes this is the purpose of exclusives. As silly as it is Scalebound would have sold more xboxes especially in japan even if it just for several thousands.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@knightofastora said:

I think the market generally isn't fond of hard games generally, they can still do fine as soulsborne games have proven but there are just less and less of them these days.

I think that's right. As long as there is a niche fanbase for it, hopefully these kinds of games stick around.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@reduc_ab_ said:
@soulitane said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

Therefore by that very logic, any game can be a challenge if you limit how you play :o

Geez, dude. I was just pointing an aspect out. It's not like that's the only thing Bloodborne's got going for it.

and I was pointing out the stupidity of your logic.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#57 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@VERTIGO47 said:
@AzatiS said:

Thats why i give kudos to SONY for years now , they delivering every single generation amazing/great/good/decent exclusives while they trying new IPs again and again.

Yeah, new IPs again and again, yet look at most of their past IPs that no longer exist or in development.

They (desperately) need new IPs because there's absolutely NOTHING of quality that's viable or sustainable on their line up.

At the end of the day, the Playstation platform has always thrived on 3rd party support. Something Cows don't seem to understand (or they're too stupid, likely the case) and can't seem to sink into their skulls.

Epic BS you talking

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#58 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70247 Posts

@AzatiS said:
@VERTIGO47 said:

Epic BS you talking

Explain this then.

2016 Top 10 Games

1. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - Multi
  2. Battlefield 1- Multi
  3. The Division- Multi
  4. NBA 2K17- Multi
  5. Madden NFL 17- Multi
  6. Grand Theft Auto V- Multi
  7. Overwatch (no Battle.net sales)- Multi
  8. Call of Duty: Black Ops III- Multi
  9. FIFA 17- Multi
  10. Final Fantasy XV- Multi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@soulitane said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@soulitane said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

Common respect is a nice thing, you know.

I love you.

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

looks like someone doesn't play Nintendo games

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@reduc_ab_ said:
@soulitane said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

I love you.

Um, we're in system wars.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@jumpaction said:

@reduc_ab_:

If you are a Wii U owner, I'd recommend those three titles if you're looking for a good challenge. :)

Don't have one. If I did I'd probably only play old NES games on it. ;)

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#63 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Sadly, the ClosedStation has no games and no exclusives.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#64 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@reduc_ab_ said:

EDIT: I see your point, and have amended the title.

@charizard1605 said:
  • Sony didn't make Nioh
  • Sony is not the only one making challenging exclusives- did you never play Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, or Mario 3D World?

Yeah, but Nioh is only on the PS4. Hence, 'putting them out'. Also, no, I do not think Bayonetta, either game, is particularly hard. Not sure about DK. And I don't touch Mario.

But Sony has nothing to do with Nioh. It's like saying Nintendo put out Bravely Default or Monster Hunter, just because the game is on their system.

DK and Mario 3D World were freakishly difficult too. Sony is not the only one putting out challenging exclusives by any measure. In fact, most Soy exclusives, like Killzone, The Order, and Uncharted, flat out play themselves for large sections of the game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@soulitane said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@soulitane said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

I love you.

Um, we're in system wars.

No, we're in this world. The illusion that you can respectfully decline respect to others just because you are in an internet forum is just that, an illusion.

Again, I love you. Good day.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@reduc_ab_:

Oh that's a shame. There are some really wonderful and imaginitive games on it.

Personally I'm a sicker for the SNES; ;)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Pedro

@kvally said:

You do know that repeating it doesn't make it true.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#68  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

Difficulty is subjective and to me complexity is more of a measure of difficulty than a Souls type game that's just learning the pattern and repeating it until you get it right. To me that's artificial difficulty.

Or log into Killer Instinct in ranked mode and win 5 games in a row.

Or wait til Halo Wars 2 comes out and 1v1 someone good in the full game mode not blitz and beat them.

All three of these things are actually extremely difficult.

I'm not particularly fond of the Souls games. And it's not because they are 'too hard' it's because in the 80s this format was pretty much how ALL games were in the pre checkpoint era and I've been there and done that to death.

I mostly now play PvP games because I feel that the complexity of real human opponents makes games more challenging than 1-hit mechanics.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@charizard1605 said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

@charizard1605 said:
  • Sony didn't make Nioh
  • Sony is not the only one making challenging exclusives- did you never play Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, or Mario 3D World?

Yeah, but Nioh is only on the PS4. Hence, 'putting them out'. Also, no, I do not think Bayonetta, either game, is particularly hard. Not sure about DK. And I don't touch Mario.

But Sony has nothing to do with Nioh. It's like saying Nintendo put out Bravely Default or Monster Hunter, just because the game is on their system.

DK and Mario 3D World were freakishly difficult too. Sony is not the only one putting out challenging exclusives by any measure. In fact, most Soy exclusives, like Killzone, The Order, and Uncharted, flat out play themselves for large sections of the game.

Having a game be exclusive to your console and simultaneously not having anything to do with said game is quite the trick.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@kvally said:

Living life as a bargain basement troll cannot be as satisfying as you seem intent on making it seem.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@reduc_ab_ said:
@charizard1605 said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

@charizard1605 said:
  • Sony didn't make Nioh

Having a game be exclusive to your console and simultaneously not having anything to do with said game is quite the trick.

Yes, it involves the third party independently deciding to put the game only on your system, after balancing development budgets and audience sizes. Such a wonderful trick!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

@silversix_ said:
@VERTIGO47 said:
@silversix_ said:

If Nioh were to come out exclusively on the Xbone, it would've sold less than Bayo 2 on the WiiU because the game is simply too hard for the X1 crowd. Who wants to spend $60 and be stuck on the first boss?

Western Games are one of the most popular games on the PS4 and past PS consoles, numb nuts.

Western games AND more. On the Bone its just Western games, nothing else, no variety. CoD year after year is all that is being played or hyped.

GTAs, CoDs, Maddens, NBA2Ks all thrive on the PS4 (and XB1) platforms. Those vast majority of those 54million PS4 users are definitely NOT getting an orgasm out of those variety (aka Japanese games) you Cows seem to boast about. You remove 1/4 of those Japanese titles away from the PS4 lineup and it WOULD NOT significantly hurt PS4 sales, I guarantee you that! It would hurt a very fickle Japanese gaming demographic but nothing earth shattering. Not when there's a North and South American and European market.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@charizard1605 said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@charizard1605 said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

@charizard1605 said:
  • Sony didn't make Nioh

Yes, it involves the third party independently deciding to put the game only on your system, after balancing development budgets and audience sizes. Such a wonderful trick!

Oh you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

@AzatiS said:
@VERTIGO47 said:
@AzatiS said:

Epic BS you talking

Epic denial you're showing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@Pedro said:
@kvally said:

You do know that repeating it doesn't make it true.

SW rule #1: A lie is a lie, but a lie repeated is not a lie.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@Sphensen said:

looks like someone doesn't play Nintendo games

Just the old ones. One of my favorites (and, might I add, a prime example of the days when 'true difficulty' was the rule, not the exception):

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By AzatiS

@Pedro said:
@AzatiS said:
@VERTIGO47 said:

Epic BS you talking

Explain this then.

2016 Top 10 Games

1. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - Multi
  2. Battlefield 1- Multi
  3. The Division- Multi
  4. NBA 2K17- Multi
  5. Madden NFL 17- Multi
  6. Grand Theft Auto V- Multi
  7. Overwatch (no Battle.net sales)- Multi
  8. Call of Duty: Black Ops III- Multi
  9. FIFA 17- Multi
  10. Final Fantasy XV- Multi

What this proves exactly ? What is this TOP 10 haha !? Sales ?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By AzatiS

@VERTIGO47 said:
@AzatiS said:
@VERTIGO47 said:
@AzatiS said:

Epic BS you talking

Epic denial you're showing.

Denial to what ?

You would have God of war if Sony was as lazy as MS or even Nintendo ? No ! Do you really want me to find all PS new IP exclusives since original PS1 and list them and make you cry ?

Youre full of BS , so much that i dont even know where to start

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By kvally

@reduc_ab_: your experience and dedication has helped me earn xp points. I look up to you and your troll topics that you create just like this one.

This thread is a perfect example of your wisdom. Hence your comment of "SW rule 1"

The question we all have is why you are not practicing what you preach? This thread put you 3 steps back into troll stardom.

Calling someone a liar doesn't bury your lie induced thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#80 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Silly topic is silly.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By kvally

@Pedro: agreed which makes me wonder if the TC was coherent when making this thread.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@kvally said:

@reduc_ab_: your experience and dedication has helped me earn xp points. I look up to you and your troll topics that you create just like this one.

This thread is a perfect example of your wisdom. Hence your comment of "SW rule 1"

The question we all have is why you are not practicing what you preach? This thread put you 3 steps back into troll stardom.

Calling someone a liar doesn't bury your lie induced thread.

.....aaaaaand the troll has been trolled.

Feels nice, huh?

KnightofAstora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 KnightofAstora
Member since 2017 • 39 Posts

@charizard1605: They aren't involved as they were with bloodborne but they are publishing the game in the west, they deserve a point for that.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

Blood Borne and Nioh were very safe bets, Sony didn't prove a thing.

Their PS exclusive games are the best though, no question.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@knightofastora said:

@charizard1605: They aren't involved as they were with bloodborne but they are publishing the game in the west, they deserve a point for that.

Precisely.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 AzatiS

I love the butthurtism around here about the fact that SONY is the only console company out there that providing AAA caliber NEW IP exclusives over and over.

Why people getting upset over this fact , a god knows.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Pedro

@AzatiS said:

It makes your claim void. But you knew that. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Because their fanbase isn't made off of dudebros that play Gears, Halo, Destiny, CoD, BF, The Division and know nothing else because it isn't marketed enough.

Interesting... what are the top 10 Playstation 4 games currently?

I bet the list is 75% shooters/sports.

I gaurentee it.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 kvally

@reduc_ab_: sooooo sweet!

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By AzatiS

@Pedro said:
@AzatiS said:

It makes your claim void. But you knew that. :)

My claim is a fact. Nothing more , nothing less.

You coming here to counter my point by showing me a top10 of 2016 games ... obviously talking about sales ! What this has to do with what im speaking of , go figure.

SONY is the only console maker in the market that tries new IPs in that extend every single generation. Doesnt matter if they sale 10M or 1M or if they score 1 or 10. It is what it is , theres no but or why or if to that. Period.

EDIT : Do you understand that some of the highest scored and highly acclaimed games out of all platforms each generation are NEW AAA exclusive IPs to SONY ? Isnt that a damn great thing ?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By AzatiS

@knightofastora said:

People keep saying this about games like Bloodborne but ... they praised Bayonetta 2 like its Nintendos or something and wasnt even NEW IP to begin with.

Personally i dont care if a NEW IP is coming from 1st or 2nd or 3rd parties ... a NEW AAA caliber exclusive IP is more than welcome whatever the case. Thats what drives me to buy a product.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@knightofastora said:

Do Nintendo deserve a point for publishing Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter, or Bravely Default in the west?

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

You mean buying challenging exclusives...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Pedro

@AzatiS said:

My claim is a fact. Nothing more , nothing less.

You coming here to counter my point by showing me a top10 of 2016 games ... obviously talking about sales ! What this has to do with what im speaking of , go figure.

SONY is the only console maker in the market that tries new IPs in that extend every single generation. Doesnt matter if they sale 10M or 1M or if they score 1 or 10. It is what it is , theres no but or why or if to that. Period.

EDIT : Do you understand that some of the highest scored and highly acclaimed games out of all platforms each generation are NEW AAA exclusive IPs to SONY ? Isnt that a damn great thing ?

Do you understand what I was responding to?

This is not a BS statement. The top ten games of last year proves this statement to be true. That is a fact.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@kvally: Mwhaaa;)

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

cause UC4, until dawn, the order, killzone, infamous, etc were so challenging. bloodborne is basically dark souls and that's from software MO but for me personally I don't see them as challenging. they are very exploitable making it pretty easy but not fun and clunky. random deaths =/= challenge.

If you want a real challenge. go get the halo MCC and play halo 1-3 by yourself on legendary with all skulls

@reduc_ab_ said:

This gen, Bloodborne, and now Nioh. That's only two, granted, but at least they're putting them out. It's like the rest of the big three have thrown even the idea of hardcore gaming under the rug. And by hardcore I mean HARD. Is it that much to ask, give me a game once in a while that actually kicks my ass?

And I'm not talking about handhelds, so no Monster Hunter on 3DS (those games are pretty tough though from what I understand). Just straight up full exclusive games that tear you a new one. Aside from Sony's offerings, it is apparently a genre left in the past.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#97 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

While good games they are, I'm am sorely missing the 'arcade' area of games that seems to be almost none existent in some genres: character action, hack and slash and racers. Challenging is fun, but I still wanna chill out sometimes and stylishly beat the shit out of things or race and purposefully crash to gain points(I want a new burnout game so bad).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@charizard1605 said:
@knightofastora said:

Do Nintendo deserve a point for publishing Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter, or Bravely Default in the west?

Must you always make it a competition?

Yes, Nintendo deserves a point. Hell, make it plural. They deserve points. Happy?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Did you seriously just discount Bloodborne as being hard, and then replace it with Halo. Did you seriously just do that.

@darkangel115 said:

cause UC4, until dawn, the order, killzone, infamous, etc were so challenging. bloodborne is basically dark souls and that's from software MO but for me personally I don't see them as challenging. they are very exploitable making it pretty easy but not fun and clunky. random deaths =/= challenge.

If you want a real challenge. go get the halo MCC and play halo 1-3 by yourself on legendary with all skulls

@reduc_ab_ said:

This gen, Bloodborne, and now Nioh. That's only two, granted, but at least they're putting them out. It's like the rest of the big three have thrown even the idea of hardcore gaming under the rug. And by hardcore I mean HARD. Is it that much to ask, give me a game once in a while that actually kicks my ass?

And I'm not talking about handhelds, so no Monster Hunter on 3DS (those games are pretty tough though from what I understand). Just straight up full exclusive games that tear you a new one. Aside from Sony's offerings, it is apparently a genre left in the past.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@reduc_ab_ said:
@charizard1605 said:
@knightofastora said:

Must you always make it a competition?

Yes, Nintendo deserves a point. Hell, make it plural. They deserve points. Happy?

No, because all the points awarded in this case are dumb and predicated on a facile point