Why is Sony the only one still putting out challenging exclusives?

  • 189 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

6005

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

This gen, Bloodborne, and now Nioh. That's only two, granted, but at least they're putting them out. It's like the rest of the big three have thrown even the idea of hardcore gaming under the rug. And by hardcore I mean HARD. Is it that much to ask, give me a game once in a while that actually kicks my ass?

And I'm not talking about handhelds, so no Monster Hunter on 3DS (those games are pretty tough though from what I understand). Just straight up full exclusive games that tear you a new one. Aside from Sony's offerings, it is apparently a genre left in the past.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

6762

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

I would say The Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2 and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze were challenging titles.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is also quite a robust game mechanically with a lot of depth. If you want to go through the game at a reasonable pace without a heavy amount of grinding, it takes serious understanding of all the games' intricacies.

I'm not sure I can agree with your assertion, Reduc. :(

Avatar image for silversix_
silversix_

26347

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Because their fanbase isn't made off of dudebros that play Gears, Halo, Destiny, CoD, BF, The Division and know nothing else because it isn't marketed enough.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

12151

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

over the last few years it seems sony is just highly invested in their first party....they listen to their fans i guess.....wish nintendo would start doing this

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

82724

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#5 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
  • Sony didn't make Nioh
  • Sony is not the only one making challenging exclusives- did you never play Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, or Mario 3D World?
Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

6005

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@jumpaction said:

I would say The Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2 and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze were challenging titles.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is also quite a robust game mechanically with a lot of depth. If you want to go through the game at a reasonable pace without a heavy amount of grinding, it takes serious understanding of all the games' intricacies.

I'm not sure I can agree with your assertion, Reduc. :(

Oh, that's quite alright. No need to agree!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

6762

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@charizard1605:

Some of the bosses in DKC: Tropical Freeze had me pulling my hair out. Not to mention any and all of the Kong Temple levels. They are so so so difficult!

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

70910

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70910 Posts
  • Bloodborne is an action role-playing video game developed by FromSoftware
  • FromSoftware, Inc. is a Japanese video game company founded in November 1986, who are known primarily outside of Japan for being the developers of the Armored Core and Souls series, as well as Bloodborne.
  • Nioh is an upcoming action role-playing game developed by Team Ninja for the PlayStation 4.
  • Team Ninja is a Japanese video game developer and a division of Koei Tecmo, founded in 1995.

/thread

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

6762

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@reduc_ab_:

If you are a Wii U owner, I'd recommend those three titles if you're looking for a good challenge. :)

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
nintendoboy16

41657

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By nintendoboy16  Online
Member since 2007 • 41657 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Because their fanbase isn't made of dudebros that play Gears, Halo, Destiny, CoD, BF, The Division and know nothing else.

*cackles out his chair* Biggest lie about a fandom I've read.

On the thread at hand: What, does Nintendo still not publish any? Does Platinum no longer do it?

Avatar image for Zero_epyon
Zero_epyon

20294

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#11 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20294 Posts

I think from now on we should make clear the distinction between publishing a title and developing the title. In this case, the titles mention were published by Sony, not developed by them.

Avatar image for howmakewood
Howmakewood

7721

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#12 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7721 Posts

Should at least change "making" to "publishing". But while we are shitposting it's common knowledge that the console crowd doesn't enjoy "difficult" games, the hardest ones are found on PC and even Dark Souls holds most sales on PC.

Avatar image for silversix_
silversix_

26347

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#13 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@silversix_ said:

Because their fanbase isn't made of dudebros that play Gears, Halo, Destiny, CoD, BF, The Division and know nothing else.

*cackles out his chair* Biggest lie about a fandom I've read.

On the thread at hand: What, does Nintendo still not publish any? Does Platinum no longer do it?

my comment was so strong and in your face that it seemed like a lie to you. this brutal.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

70910

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70910 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Because their fanbase isn't made off of dudebros that play Gears, Halo, Destiny, CoD, BF, The Division and know nothing else because it isn't marketed enough.

Didn't those games sold the most on the PS4?

December 2016 Top 10 PS4 Games

  1. Final Fantasy XV
  2. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
  3. Battlefield 1
  4. Watch Dogs 2
  5. NBA 2K17
  6. Madden NFL 17
  7. Grand Theft Auto V
  8. FIFA 17
  9. The Last Guardian*
  10. Titanfall 2

Avatar image for drrollinstein
DrRollinstein

1163

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

And why exactly dont challenging handhelds count? Try out some soul sacrifice on the vita.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

6762

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

I think @reduc_ab_ was using the word 'making' to encompass the distribution of exclusives. So by Sony making, she meant Sony having exclusives, not that Sony made these games themselves but that they are the ones publishing them or acquiring them for their system. I got what she meant, at least.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

82724

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#17 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@jumpaction said:

@charizard1605:

Some of the bosses in DKC: Tropical Freeze had me pulling my hair out. Not to mention any and all of the Kong Temple levels. They are so so so difficult!

Yeah, finishing Tropical Freeze is probably one of the most satisfying accomplishments I have felt as a player of games haha

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

6762

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#18 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@charizard1605:

I never finished it. :(

I got stuck on the Kong Island levels at the very end. I completed all the temples and unlocked the last world but man, those levels were just too much!

Avatar image for silversix_
silversix_

26347

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@Pedro said:
@silversix_ said:

Because their fanbase isn't made off of dudebros that play Gears, Halo, Destiny, CoD, BF, The Division and know nothing else because it isn't marketed enough.

Didn't those games sold the most on the PS4?

Not anyone's fault there's over twice as many PS4's sold. Some... i mean, a lot of dudebro lems have abandoned their sinking ship and got the ps4. They're the ones buying this crap.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

70910

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#20 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70910 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Not anyone's fault there's over twice as many PS4's. Some... i mean, a lot of dudebro lems have abandoned their sinking ship and got the ps4. They're the ones buying this crap.

Lets not backpedal now. This is what you said

@silversix_ said:

Because their fanbase isn't made off of dudebros...

Now you are saying its made up of dudebros. Self ownage approved. Thank you for playing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

6005

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

EDIT: I see your point, and have amended the title.

@charizard1605 said:
  • Sony didn't make Nioh
  • Sony is not the only one making challenging exclusives- did you never play Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, or Mario 3D World?

Yeah, but Nioh is only on the PS4. Hence, 'putting them out'. Also, no, I do not think Bayonetta, either game, is particularly hard. Not sure about DK. And I don't touch Mario.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

6005

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#22 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@Pedro said:
  • Bloodborne is an action role-playing video game developed by FromSoftware
  • FromSoftware, Inc. is a Japanese video game company founded in November 1986, who are known primarily outside of Japan for being the developers of the Armored Core and Souls series, as well as Bloodborne.
  • Nioh is an upcoming action role-playing game developed by Team Ninja for the PlayStation 4.
  • Team Ninja is a Japanese video game developer and a division of Koei Tecmo, founded in 1995.

/thread

That is a fair point, so I've amended the title to say 'putting out' instead of 'making'. Still, these games are exclusive, though.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

70910

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#23 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70910 Posts

@reduc_ab_ said:

That is a fair point, so I've amended the title to say 'putting out' instead of 'making'. Still, these games are exclusive, though.

That is not an argument and I don't think any logical person would argue to the contrary.

Avatar image for FLOPPAGE_50
FLOPPAGE_50

4500

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#24  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@Pedro said:
@silversix_ said:

Because their fanbase isn't made off of dudebros that play Gears, Halo, Destiny, CoD, BF, The Division and know nothing else because it isn't marketed enough.

Didn't those games sold the most on the PS4?

December 2016 Top 10 PS4 Games

  1. Final Fantasy XV
  2. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
  3. Battlefield 1
  4. Watch Dogs 2
  5. NBA 2K17
  6. Madden NFL 17
  7. Grand Theft Auto V
  8. FIFA 17
  9. The Last Guardian*
  10. Titanfall 2

TCHBO

@silversix_ said:
@Pedro said:
@silversix_ said:

Because their fanbase isn't made off of dudebros that play Gears, Halo, Destiny, CoD, BF, The Division and know nothing else because it isn't marketed enough.

Didn't those games sold the most on the PS4?

Not anyone's fault there's over twice as many PS4's sold. Some... i mean, a lot of dudebro lems have abandoned their sinking ship and got the ps4. They're the ones buying this crap.

That makes no sense, with double the install base, their first party exclusives should sell a lot more, but the fact is they don't.

U4 had the best at 8.7 mill out of nearly 60 million consoles, that's pretty bad. (also included bundles)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

6005

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#25 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

I think from now on we should make clear the distinction between publishing a title and developing the title. In this case, the titles mention were published by Sony, not developed by them.

As noted. I've changed the title. Thank you!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

6005

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#26 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@jumpaction said:

I think @reduc_ab_ was using the word 'making' to encompass the distribution of exclusives. So by Sony making, she meant Sony having exclusives, not that Sony made these games themselves but that they are the ones publishing them or acquiring them for their system. I got what she meant, at least.

That is quite right. Even so, I've changed the title to make things clearer for certain.....extremely detail-oriented people.

Might I just say, you are a very level-headed person. It is a breath of fresh air to have you around here.

Avatar image for soulitane
soulitane

15091

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#27 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@reduc_ab_ said:

EDIT: I see your point, and have amended the title.

@charizard1605 said:
  • Sony didn't make Nioh
  • Sony is not the only one making challenging exclusives- did you never play Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, or Mario 3D World?

Yeah, but Nioh is only on the PS4. Hence, 'putting them out'. Also, no, I do not think Bayonetta, either game, is particularly hard. Not sure about DK. And I don't touch Mario.

I never found Bloodborne to be particularly hard. I guess that discounts it because one person doesn't think it's hard. \Logic.

Avatar image for silversix_
silversix_

26347

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#28 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

lems like it simple and boring. cows likes it rough. its a very simple concept. You look at Halo and even Legendary go easy as hell. MS knows to whom they're catering to.

Avatar image for chucky9000
Chucky9000

3

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#29  Edited By Chucky9000
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

@silversix_: u think yakuza is crap go to hell bye idiot I win not checking through reply hahah best game loser freak

Avatar image for FLOPPAGE_50
FLOPPAGE_50

4500

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#30 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@silversix_ said:

lems like it simple and boring. cows likes it rough. its a very simple concept. You look at Halo and even Legendary go easy as hell. MS knows to whom they're catering to.

Why did you skip the entire point he made? did you get owned?

The fact remains, the PS4 is a massive dudebro station, and exclusives don't sell as well as some of you think.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

6005

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#31 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@drrollinstein said:

And why exactly dont challenging handhelds count? Try out some soul sacrifice on the vita.

I was just keeping it strictly to tabletop consoles. But yeah, I've been wanting to try out Soul Sacrifice for a loooong time now. Haven't turned on my Vita in a while.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

30854

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#32 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

I like it when people think going back a minute in gameplay because you died is tough :P

Try playing ironman on certain games at higher levels ;)

@silversix_ said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@silversix_ said:

Because their fanbase isn't made of dudebros that play Gears, Halo, Destiny, CoD, BF, The Division and know nothing else.

*cackles out his chair* Biggest lie about a fandom I've read.

On the thread at hand: What, does Nintendo still not publish any? Does Platinum no longer do it?

my comment was so strong and in your face that it seemed like a lie to you. this brutal.

This genuinely made me chuckle.

Avatar image for silversix_
silversix_

26347

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#33 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

If Nioh were to come out exclusively on the Xbone, it would've sold less than Bayo 2 on the WiiU because the game is simply too hard for the X1 crowd. Who wants to spend $60 and be stuck on the first boss?

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

70910

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#34 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70910 Posts
@silversix_ said:

lems like it simple and boring. cows likes it rough. its a very simple concept. You look at Halo and even Legendary go easy as hell. MS knows to whom they're catering to.

Trying to run from this quote?

@silversix_ said:

Because their fanbase isn't made off of dudebros that play Gears, Halo, Destiny, CoD, BF, The Division and know nothing else because it isn't marketed enough.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

6005

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#35 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@Pedro said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

That is a fair point, so I've amended the title to say 'putting out' instead of 'making'. Still, these games are exclusive, though.

That is not an argument and I don't think any logical person would argue to the contrary.

Please refer to the amendment I made in the title. Thank you!

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
nintendoboy16

41657

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#36 nintendoboy16  Online
Member since 2007 • 41657 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@jumpaction said:

@charizard1605:

Some of the bosses in DKC: Tropical Freeze had me pulling my hair out. Not to mention any and all of the Kong Temple levels. They are so so so difficult!

Yeah, finishing Tropical Freeze is probably one of the most satisfying accomplishments I have felt as a player of games haha

Still need to beat it myself. Only barely in a couple levels. Really not sure why I trailed off...

Avatar image for FLOPPAGE_50
FLOPPAGE_50

4500

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#37 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@Pedro said:
@silversix_ said:

lems like it simple and boring. cows likes it rough. its a very simple concept. You look at Halo and even Legendary go easy as hell. MS knows to whom they're catering to.

Trying to run from this quote?

@silversix_ said:

Because their fanbase isn't made off of dudebros that play Gears, Halo, Destiny, CoD, BF, The Division and know nothing else because it isn't marketed enough.

He's running fast, swerving everything.

Avatar image for silversix_
silversix_

26347

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#38 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@Pedro said:
@silversix_ said:

lems like it simple and boring. cows likes it rough. its a very simple concept. You look at Halo and even Legendary go easy as hell. MS knows to whom they're catering to.

Trying to run from this quote?

@silversix_ said:

Because their fanbase isn't made off of dudebros that play Gears, Halo, Destiny, CoD, BF, The Division and know nothing else because it isn't marketed enough.

already took a plane, i'm out.

Avatar image for FLOPPAGE_50
FLOPPAGE_50

4500

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#39 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Also looking at the most popular PS4 games on gamespot, Nioh is 15th.


With all the hype it's getting on these forums, I'd figure it would be trending higher.

Avatar image for Zero_epyon
Zero_epyon

20294

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#40 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20294 Posts

@reduc_ab_ said:
@Zero_epyon said:

I think from now on we should make clear the distinction between publishing a title and developing the title. In this case, the titles mention were published by Sony, not developed by them.

As noted. I've changed the title. Thank you!

No problemo

Avatar image for AzatiS
AzatiS

14969

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#41  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Thats why i give kudos to SONY for years now , they delivering every single generation amazing/great/good/decent exclusives while they trying new IPs again and again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

6005

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#42 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@soulitane said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

EDIT: I see your point, and have amended the title.

@charizard1605 said:
  • Sony didn't make Nioh
  • Sony is not the only one making challenging exclusives- did you never play Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, or Mario 3D World?

Yeah, but Nioh is only on the PS4. Hence, 'putting them out'. Also, no, I do not think Bayonetta, either game, is particularly hard. Not sure about DK. And I don't touch Mario.

I never found Bloodborne to be particularly hard. I guess that discounts it because one person doesn't think it's hard. \Logic.

I've found that the beauty of Bloodborne is the inherent challenge settings built into the gameplay design. By that, I mean you can alter the way you play and the game is an entirely new and more brutal experience. The alteration could be anything from using a specific type of weapon only, limiting what armor you use, using no magic items, etc. etc. It really does change the experiential landscape of the game, so to speak.

Avatar image for soulitane
soulitane

15091

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#43 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@reduc_ab_ said:
@soulitane said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

EDIT: I see your point, and have amended the title.

@charizard1605 said:
  • Sony didn't make Nioh
  • Sony is not the only one making challenging exclusives- did you never play Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, or Mario 3D World?

Yeah, but Nioh is only on the PS4. Hence, 'putting them out'. Also, no, I do not think Bayonetta, either game, is particularly hard. Not sure about DK. And I don't touch Mario.

I never found Bloodborne to be particularly hard. I guess that discounts it because one person doesn't think it's hard. \Logic.

I've found that the beauty of Bloodborne is the inherent challenge settings built into the gameplay design. By that, I mean you can alter the way you play and the game is an entirely new and more brutal experience. The alteration could be anything from using a specific type of weapon only, limiting what armor you use, using no magic items, etc. etc. It really does change the experiential landscape of the game, so to speak.

So, you mean doing shit that people do in other games already to give artificial challenge?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

7110

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#44 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

@silversix_ said:

If Nioh were to come out exclusively on the Xbone, it would've sold less than Bayo 2 on the WiiU because the game is simply too hard for the X1 crowd. Who wants to spend $60 and be stuck on the first boss?

Western Games are one of the most popular games on the PS4 and past PS consoles, numb nuts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

6005

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#45 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@soulitane said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@soulitane said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

EDIT: I see your point, and have amended the title.

@charizard1605 said:
  • Sony didn't make Nioh
  • Sony is not the only one making challenging exclusives- did you never play Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, or Mario 3D World?

Yeah, but Nioh is only on the PS4. Hence, 'putting them out'. Also, no, I do not think Bayonetta, either game, is particularly hard. Not sure about DK. And I don't touch Mario.

I never found Bloodborne to be particularly hard. I guess that discounts it because one person doesn't think it's hard. \Logic.

I've found that the beauty of Bloodborne is the inherent challenge settings built into the gameplay design. By that, I mean you can alter the way you play and the game is an entirely new and more brutal experience. The alteration could be anything from using a specific type of weapon only, limiting what armor you use, using no magic items, etc. etc. It really does change the experiential landscape of the game, so to speak.

So, you mean doing shit that people do in other games already to give artificial challenge?

Um, I guess? Not saying you can't apply this to other games....

Avatar image for silversix_
silversix_

26347

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#46  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@VERTIGO47 said:
@silversix_ said:

If Nioh were to come out exclusively on the Xbone, it would've sold less than Bayo 2 on the WiiU because the game is simply too hard for the X1 crowd. Who wants to spend $60 and be stuck on the first boss?

Western Games are one of the most popular games on the PS4 and past PS consoles, numb nuts.

Western games AND more. On the Bone its just Western games, nothing else, no variety. CoD year after year is all that is being played or hyped.

Avatar image for knightofastora
KnightofAstora

39

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#47 KnightofAstora
Member since 2017 • 39 Posts

I think the market generally isn't fond of hard games generally, they can still do fine as soulsborne games have proven but there are just less and less of them these days.

Avatar image for soulitane
soulitane

15091

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#49 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@reduc_ab_ said:
@soulitane said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@soulitane said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

EDIT: I see your point, and have amended the title.

Yeah, but Nioh is only on the PS4. Hence, 'putting them out'. Also, no, I do not think Bayonetta, either game, is particularly hard. Not sure about DK. And I don't touch Mario.

I never found Bloodborne to be particularly hard. I guess that discounts it because one person doesn't think it's hard. \Logic.

I've found that the beauty of Bloodborne is the inherent challenge settings built into the gameplay design. By that, I mean you can alter the way you play and the game is an entirely new and more brutal experience. The alteration could be anything from using a specific type of weapon only, limiting what armor you use, using no magic items, etc. etc. It really does change the experiential landscape of the game, so to speak.

So, you mean doing shit that people do in other games already to give artificial challenge?

Um, I guess? Not saying you can't apply this to other games....

Therefore by that very logic, any game can be a challenge if you limit how you play :o

Avatar image for drrollinstein
DrRollinstein

1163

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#50 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

@reduc_ab_ said:
@drrollinstein said:

And why exactly dont challenging handhelds count? Try out some soul sacrifice on the vita.

I was just keeping it strictly to tabletop consoles. But yeah, I've been wanting to try out Soul Sacrifice for a loooong time now. Haven't turned on my Vita in a while.

Fair enough. Its hella hard. I had to set it down for a bit because of the constant difficulty.