Why is Conduit hyped so much? It looks generic

• 114 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GodOfSpore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GodOfSpore
Member since 2008 • 102 Posts

I'm not going to pretend Xbox 360/PS3 don't have generic shooters as well (Area 51, Haze) but why are the sheep hyping Conduit like it's their Halo?

The developer hasn't made any major title that scored AAA (from what I can tell, they mostly make cheap ports) The story is about another bug invasion of the US.

The graphics at its best look pretty good but in other parts it looks really bad. Safe to say, hermits, cows and lemmings have nothing to worry about here.

good pic

uh, not so good...

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

Because it's supposed to have good graphics for the Wii.

It kind of kills the "Gameplay over Graphics" statement the sheep has said all of this gen until now.

BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BladesOfAthena
Member since 2008 • 3938 Posts
God that looks ugly. I've seen better looking Xbox shooters.
BudsMcGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BudsMcGreen
Member since 2008 • 841 Posts

God that looks ugly. I've seen better looking Xbox shooters.BladesOfAthena

Yeah, like Riddick. Or even Doom 3. I don't think the Wii can handle stencil shadows and normal/bump-mapped textures.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

its supposed to be generic. the wii has barely any shooters on it, while the ps3 and 360 have tons and tons of them. so while multi console owners may see it as stupid, a wii only owner may be looking at it with a lot of anticipation. i was very exited for this game before i decided to get a ps3. now, not so much.

HV is just trying to bring a generic shooter to those who dont have any.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#6 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts
People are hyping that?
Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts
Nobody is hyping this except the ones who are REALLY desperate for some Wii shooters.
Rodneythepom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Rodneythepom
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts
So long as it controls well, I could care less about the graphics. I accepted the Wii was never going to be a graphic powerhouse when it launched.
TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts
It's really not that hyped. =/
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
Well, it can't possibly be as bad Geist, and Nintendo fanboys have been starving for a first person shooter ever since it was discovered that "Perfect Dark 2" would never see the light of day on a Nintendo system, and that Red Steel was actually a great big pile of red poop.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
I guess people hype it (is it even hyped?:?) because it's supposed to be a good addition to the Wii library. I think the Wii is in need of some good shooters.
elbow2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 elbow2k
Member since 2007 • 1645 Posts
Good.. GOD! Look at those gun models!?!? They can't be serious with this game!?!?
MetalRX78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MetalRX78
Member since 2008 • 151 Posts
The Wii's real time motion controls will make you feel like you're in the game in real life. The graphics are pushing Wii to the limits. It will have online and voice chat. I'm hyping AAAA Halo and Killzone 2 killer
BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BladesOfAthena
I seem to recall some people in another board saying that this game looks like a X360 game LOL!....my ass!
Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts
The Wii lack generic shooters; that's what makes this game so special.
Son_of_Some

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Son_of_Some
Member since 2006 • 1458 Posts
I'm hyped for the controlsm, which are superior to any other fps on consoles thankyouverymuch
BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BladesOfAthena

I'm hyped for the controlsm, which are superior to any other fps on consoles thankyouverymuchSon_of_Some

Controls don't mean **** if the game plays like garbage.

Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Cyberfairy

I'm hyped for the controlsm, which are superior to any other fps on consoles thankyouverymuchSon_of_Some

IGN praised the controls in their preview, which sounds like a very good thing. Gameplay and controls > graphics (for the wii, on xbox/ps3 you need all).

Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Cyberfairy

[QUOTE="Son_of_Some"]I'm hyped for the controlsm, which are superior to any other fps on consoles thankyouverymuchBladesOfAthena

and somehow you know this, how again?

BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BladesOfAthena
[QUOTE="BladesOfAthena"]

[QUOTE="Son_of_Some"]I'm hyped for the controlsm, which are superior to any other fps on consoles thankyouverymuchCyberfairy

and somehow you know this, how again?

I didn't state that I know for a fact, hence the "if". I'm only saying as a hypothetical.

redmetal86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 redmetal86
Member since 2006 • 1123 Posts
the same reason everyone else has been hyping every other game this gen, even though theyre all pretty lackluster.
dylanmcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dylanmcc
Member since 2008 • 2512 Posts
It's because it's the Wii's first exclusive online shooter, and people are excited.
BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BladesOfAthena

[QUOTE="Son_of_Some"]I'm hyped for the controlsm, which are superior to any other fps on consoles thankyouverymuchCyberfairy

IGN praised the controls in their preview, which sounds like a very good thing. Gameplay and controls > graphics (for the wii, on xbox/ps3 you need all).

I'm not sure why people keep on stressing this point, as if the 2 are mutually exclusive. Simply put, there is no gameplay without graphics, because then how can one interact with what they cannot see? 

Games are a visual medium. Let's not pretend that graphics don't matter, because they do.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Don't know. Controls I suppose. That's pretty much all you can hype when 360/PS3 do everything else much better.
BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BladesOfAthena

Don't know. Controls I suppose. That's pretty much all you can hype when 360/PS3 do everything else much better.locopatho

Indeed. Its funny when people keep on harping that controls are superior when Resistance 2 is clearly a much better game than Red Steel. Oh the irony.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sword-Demon

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Don't know. Controls I suppose. That's pretty much all you can hype when 360/PS3 do everything else much better.BladesOfAthena

Indeed. Its funny when people keep on harping that controls are superior when Resistance 2 is clearly a much better game than Red Steel. Oh the irony.

red steel was a launch title (devs didnt have much time to get it together or learn how to implement the motion controls) and almost any wii owner knows that the controls for it suck. your comparing a poorly made game to a well made game.. why? try comparing R2 controls to MP3 controls.. your argument fails, anyone who takes off their fanboy goggles can tell that the wii has superior controls to the ps3/360 when done correctly. HV has put serious time and effort into this game. the visuals arent bad for a wii game (those screens are crap, there are some much better ones. but its not a 360/ps3 game, dont act like it should look like one.) it has some good new concepts to it (for example: one of the weapons allows you to use the remote to steer a missile). the controls are said to be flawless and fully customisable. so just wait for its release before you pass judgement.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
When you only have crackers to eat, you'll hype a meal of peanuts.
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sword-Demon
[QUOTE="Cyberfairy"]

[QUOTE="Son_of_Some"]I'm hyped for the controlsm, which are superior to any other fps on consoles thankyouverymuchBladesOfAthena

I'm not sure why people keep on stressing this point, as if the 2 are mutually exclusive. Simply put, there is no gameplay without graphics, because then how can one interact with what they cannot see?

Games are a visual medium. Let's not pretend that graphics don't matter, because they do.

what would they not be able to see? its not an ugly game. your acting like people will mistake an alien for a box. ever play a FPS 2 gens ago? ever have any trouble seeing something? of course graphics matter to some degree, but gameplay/controls are much more important. and according to many many previews, thats where this game shines.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
[QUOTE="BladesOfAthena"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Don't know. Controls I suppose. That's pretty much all you can hype when 360/PS3 do everything else much better.Sword-Demon

Wall of PWNAGE (Inseret MP3 Vs Any Console FPS/A)

Just mentioning MP3 against any other Console FPS/A in control scheme is just straight off OWNAGE to any debate(thumbs up). The Conduit seems to be doing a good job with controls which are 100% customisable, I think the reason why this is being hyped is because of the same reason as KZ2.
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts
is it me or does the second pic look like a dreamcast game?
RuinedMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RuinedMachine
Member since 2008 • 622 Posts
[QUOTE="BladesOfAthena"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Don't know. Controls I suppose. That's pretty much all you can hype when 360/PS3 do everything else much better.Sword-Demon

red steel was a launch title (devs didnt have much time to get it together or learn how to implement the motion controls) and almost any wii owner knows that the controls for it suck. your comparing a poorly made game to a well made game.. why? try comparing R2 controls to MP3 controls.. your argument fails, anyone who takes off their fanboy goggles can tell that the wii has superior controls to the ps3/360 when done correctly.

Is that why MP3 is the weakest game in the MP franchise? The only MP to fail to get AAA?

Is that why R2 got AAA and MP3 didn't?
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#32 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
looks like pdz with textures erased.
Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
poor sheep..: ( *Sheep when the got the game * WOWZ! amazing! tis is better than any game on tah PS3 and 360 *Later....sheep buy PS3/360 and play G2/R2/L4D*AHAHAHAH! look at teh conduit! well.thats what my crystal ball says
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34616 Posts

I'm definitely not hyping it. It looks like the definition of generic. I still think it could be a fun game, though, and I want to try it. Why? It's an FPS on the Wii that's neither Metroid nor a multi-plat. I think it looks ok, but I'm not sure why developers (Nintendo aside) can't make their games look more than ok on the Wii.

Tsug_Ze_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 Tsug_Ze_Wind
Member since 2006 • 9511 Posts

We're not hyping The Conduit. I know this because we're not hyping anything right now.

Or at least we shouldn't be hyping anything right now.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dibdibdobdobo
[QUOTE="Sword-Demon"][QUOTE="BladesOfAthena"]

RuinedMachine

red steel was a launch title (devs didnt have much time to get it together or learn how to implement the motion controls) and almost any wii owner knows that the controls for it suck. your comparing a poorly made game to a well made game.. why? try comparing R2 controls to MP3 controls.. your argument fails, anyone who takes off their fanboy goggles can tell that the wii has superior controls to the ps3/360 when done correctly.

Is that why MP3 is the weakest game in the MP franchise? The only MP to fail to get AAA?

Have you played it to have a opinion on whether or not its the weakest in the Trilogy or going off scores from GS? Many people have said the oppesite and enjoyed it more so than the orignal MP like I for instance.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
FPS games are inherently generic, that include Halo.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
When was the last time there was a hype thread on this game? Maybe when some found it worked with the Wiichat but that was months ago.
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
Its the only FPS planned for the Wii thats not COD or Metroid. They have to hype the only one they are getting.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34616 Posts
FPS games are inherently generic, that include Halo.DaBrainz
Indeed. But since Halo got released before The Conduit, The Conduit is slightly more generic. :P
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sword-Demon
[QUOTE="Sword-Demon"][QUOTE="BladesOfAthena"]

RuinedMachine

did i bring up anything but controls? i think not. while R2 my have gotten a slightly higher score, you cant honestly think the controls are better. youre nothing but a fanboy, there is no argument when it comes to controls.

you fail..

EDIT: and btw, any metroid fan will tell you that MP2 is the weakest in the trilogy.

RuinedMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 RuinedMachine
[QUOTE="RuinedMachine"][QUOTE="Sword-Demon"]

Dibdibdobdobo

Have you played it to have a opinion on whether or not its the weakest in the Trilogy or going off scores from GS? Many people have said the oppesite and enjoyed it more so than the orignal MP like I for instance.

Well obiousvly you would like it more.

But I've seen a lot more posts saying MP3 was lackluster compared to the first two MP masterpieces on the GC.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Dibdibdobdobo
[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]FPS games are inherently generic, that include Halo.Litchie
Indeed. But since Halo got released before The Conduit, The Conduit is slightly more generic. :P

So Halo is more generic than Perfect Dark? We can go all day saying what came 1st .
RuinedMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 RuinedMachine
[QUOTE="RuinedMachine"][QUOTE="Sword-Demon"]

Sword-Demon

did i bring up anything but controls? i think not. while R2 my have gotten a slightly higher score, you cant honestly think the controls are better. youre nothing but a fanboy, there is no argument when it comes to controls.

you fail..

If the controls were so great wouldn't it reflect the score? I mean, if the controls are so much better than normal console gamepads, how come it's the weakest MP game in the franchise?

akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts
there have been a few generic FPSs (not mentioning any names) that have been hyped massively by the fanboys this is just another example
Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts
I'm buying this for my WII, it's meant to have good controls.
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Dibdibdobdobo
[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"][QUOTE="RuinedMachine"]

Is that why R2 got AAA and MP3 didn't?RuinedMachine

Well obiousvly you would like it more.

But I've seen a lot more posts saying MP3 was lackluster compared to the first two MP masterpieces on the GC.

I liked it because it was less taxing on where to go than previous installments, Gameplay was rock solid, offered some unique puzzles which made you think. The bosses where the best in any game i've played. It was my favourite game of 2007! I dont know if the obvious comment is sarcasm or not but i'll let you off due to ignorance if it was.
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
Why do people complain about generic games,but then go onto complain further when devs try to change the formula (Banjo N+B)
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Sword-Demon
[QUOTE="Sword-Demon"][QUOTE="RuinedMachine"]

you fail..

If the controls were so great wouldn't it reflect the score? I mean, if the controls are so much better than normal console gamepads, how come it's the weakest MP game in the franchise?

omg how can you not realize that controls are 1 aspect of a game? i personally love MP1 much more than 3. does that mean i think the controls are better? no! the controls in MP3 are much better than in MP1.

the scores arent based just off of controls. did you know that?

EDIT: read the review, he raves about the controls in nearly every paragraph.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Dibdibdobdobo
[QUOTE="Sword-Demon"][QUOTE="RuinedMachine"]

you fail..

Not really. GTA4 comes to mind and got a 10/10 on here though many people say the controls suck ass. Sadly i dont think you have played MP3 to really judge how good or bad the controls are untill you play it yourself. Its not the weakest MP in the franchise so i dont know why you keep saying this. Average score for the game is 9/10 from reviews and 9/10 from gamers so if thats a weak game in a trilogy then i need to play more games which are weaker than previous installments lol.