Why is Conduit hyped so much? It looks generic

• 114 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

[QUOTE="Litchie"][QUOTE="DaBrainz"]FPS games are inherently generic, that include Halo.Dibdibdobdobo
Indeed. But since Halo got released before The Conduit, The Conduit is slightly more generic. :P

So Halo is more generic than Perfect Dark? We can go all day saying what came 1st .

No, all FPS games are generic by definition. Both Halo and Perfect dark are generic because they are basically the original Doom with updated graphics. The conduit should do well to fit in with the rest of them.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44195 Posts
Why do people complain about generic games,but then go onto complain further when devs try to change the formula (Banjo N+B)carlisledavid79
Ahhh, the truth and SP approves of this message. :)
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"][QUOTE="Litchie"] Indeed. But since Halo got released before The Conduit, The Conduit is slightly more generic. :PDaBrainz

So Halo is more generic than Perfect Dark? We can go all day saying what came 1st .

No, all FPS games are generic by definition. Both Halo and Perfect dark are generic because they are basically the original Doom with updated graphics. The conduit should do well to fit in with the rest of them.

Pretty much every game is based upon another. I thought Castle Wolfenstein was out befor doom?
manziny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 manziny
Member since 2003 • 252 Posts
Looking forward to this Game, because the controls will look slick. i hate the joypad on xbox360 and ps3 for these type of FPS Games. Wiimote is defo much better for these type of games.
BudsMcGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 BudsMcGreen
Member since 2008 • 841 Posts

FPS games are inherently generic, that include Halo.DaBrainz

But Halo outdoes and outsells those other fps games.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]FPS games are inherently generic, that include Halo.BudsMcGreen

But Halo outdoes and outsells those other fps games.

oh.. so its ok to be generic if it sells well, but if its not even released yet, it sucks. is that what youre saying?

starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts
Wii only owners need that generic shooter. I keep an open mind about it, it could be great and then I'll buy it, or it will flop and I won't care to much.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
I want it to be generic to be honest, because what everyone sees as generic (run n gun alien shooters) actually isn't that generic anymore, everyone is going down the realism route with cover and stuff like that. I want a nice normal run and gun game.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
this game looks very good. it's going to have a great multiplayer and the graphics are pretty good too.
manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#62 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts
It looks quite a bit better than those screens in motion. It's not the prettiest game ever, but HV are putting bigger third parties to shame. They're a very small developer, yet they're pushing Wii a lot harder than the biggest third parties in the business.
mdisen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 mdisen2
Member since 2005 • 1133 Posts
[QUOTE="Cyberfairy"]

[QUOTE="Son_of_Some"]I'm hyped for the controlsm, which are superior to any other fps on consoles thankyouverymuchBladesOfAthena

IGN praised the controls in their preview, which sounds like a very good thing. Gameplay and controls > graphics (for the wii, on xbox/ps3 you need all).

I'm not sure why people keep on stressing this point, as if the 2 are mutually exclusive. Simply put, there is no gameplay without graphics, because then how can one interact with what they cannot see? 

Games are a visual medium. Let's not pretend that graphics don't matter, because they do.

It's good that you know that, because anyone that knows anything about the Conduit knows that the graphics are pretty competent.
mdisen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 mdisen2

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Don't know. Controls I suppose. That's pretty much all you can hype when 360/PS3 do everything else much better.BladesOfAthena

Indeed. Its funny when people keep on harping that controls are superior when Resistance 2 is clearly a much better game than Red Steel. Oh the irony.

Wait, how'd we get to comparing Red Steel to Resistance 2, a low budget launch title to a high budget powerhouse? :lol: Who praises Red Steel for its control? Isn't it the exact opposite? :lol:
mdisen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 mdisen2
[QUOTE="Sword-Demon"][QUOTE="BladesOfAthena"]

Indeed. Its funny when people keep on harping that controls are superior when Resistance 2 is clearly a much better game than Red Steel. Oh the irony.

RuinedMachine

red steel was a launch title (devs didnt have much time to get it together or learn how to implement the motion controls) and almost any wii owner knows that the controls for it suck. your comparing a poorly made game to a well made game.. why? try comparing R2 controls to MP3 controls.. your argument fails, anyone who takes off their fanboy goggles can tell that the wii has superior controls to the ps3/360 when done correctly.

Is that why MP3 is the weakest game in the MP franchise? The only MP to fail to get AAA?

Is that why R2 got AAA and MP3 didn't?

Yes, because there is SOO much of a difference between an 8.5 and a 9.0, one of those without any sort of multiplayer. :roll:

As for the game itself, The Conduit will be fine, a solid A if not AA title.  

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#66 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Something tells me I won't be finishing this game, just because it seems so generic.
lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#67 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts
Because people still haven't learned after Red Steel. They're still preoccupied thinking that the Wii could be the best console for shooters, when it fails miserably at making even a competent shooter, besides Metroid Prime which isn't really a shooter, Wii is the last console you want to play a shooter on.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
[QUOTE="Cyberfairy"]

[QUOTE="Son_of_Some"]I'm hyped for the controlsm, which are superior to any other fps on consoles thankyouverymuchBladesOfAthena

IGN praised the controls in their preview, which sounds like a very good thing. Gameplay and controls > graphics (for the wii, on xbox/ps3 you need all).

I'm not sure why people keep on stressing this point, as if the 2 are mutually exclusive. Simply put, there is no gameplay without graphics, because then how can one interact with what they cannot see? 

Games are a visual medium. Let's not pretend that graphics don't matter, because they do.

Ever played a text adventure? :P
mdisen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 mdisen2
Because people still haven't learned after Red Steel. They're still preoccupied thinking that the Wii could be the best console for shooters, when it fails miserably at making even a competent shooter, besides Metroid Prime which isn't really a shooter, Wii is the last console you want to play a shooter on.lantus
This post is nonsense.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
Because people still haven't learned after Red Steel. They're still preoccupied thinking that the Wii could be the best console for shooters, when it fails miserably at making even a competent shooter, besides Metroid Prime which isn't really a shooter, Wii is the last console you want to play a shooter on.lantus
Why would you say that? Metroid Prime and Medal of Honor prove that it has superior controls, so there's no reason it can't make a good shooter.
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Sword-Demon

again with this argument?

red steel was a poor attempt at a FPS, everyone knows that. and though MP3 is not technically a FPS, it does have FPS controls. thats what we're discussing. controls, not gameplay. and when you look at MP3's controls, you see that they work perfectly. so.. where's your argument?

BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 BladesOfAthena
Member since 2008 • 3938 Posts
[QUOTE="BladesOfAthena"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Don't know. Controls I suppose. That's pretty much all you can hype when 360/PS3 do everything else much better.Sword-Demon

red steel was a launch title (devs didnt have much time to get it together or learn how to implement the motion controls) and almost any wii owner knows that the controls for it suck. your comparing a poorly made game to a well made game.. why? try comparing R2 controls to MP3 controls.. your argument fails, anyone who takes off their fanboy goggles can tell that the wii has superior controls to the ps3/360 when done correctly. HV has put serious time and effort into this game. the visuals arent bad for a wii game (those screens are crap, there are some much better ones. but its not a 360/ps3 game, dont act like it should look like one.) it has some good new concepts to it (for example: one of the weapons allows you to use the remote to steer a missile). the controls are said to be flawless and fully customisable. so just wait for its release before you pass judgement.

Pardon me, but isn't that like calling the kettle black? Funny coming the person that cherrypicks certain points that will put the Wii in a more favorable light. :lol: My point is that "innovative" controls doesn't mean anything if the gameplay sucks. Just because a game has pointer controls doesn't automatically it superior. 

Steering a missile? Lol. You call that new? Metal Gear Solid 2 says hello. 

As for Red Steel, that doesn't excuse it from being a crappy title, since there are also launch titles that shine in quality, like Resistance, Soul Calibur, Kameo, and SSX, to name a few.

Lastly, you need to improve your reading comprehension skills, because I never once said that it should look like a PS360 title.  My point is that the graphics look hideous, uninspired, boring, and the equivalent of pixelated vomit. And just to reiterate my point, I've seen WAAAAAY better looking Xbox titles.

I do find it a shame how the Wii can't seem to graphically compete with a console that's over 7 years old.  Goes to show how underpowered the system really is.   

DivinitySkate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 DivinitySkate
Member since 2008 • 485 Posts
Don't criticize yet who knows this could be a really good game.
BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 BladesOfAthena
[QUOTE="BladesOfAthena"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Don't know. Controls I suppose. That's pretty much all you can hype when 360/PS3 do everything else much better.mdisen2

Wait, how'd we get to comparing Red Steel to Resistance 2, a low budget launch title to a high budget powerhouse? :lol: Who praises Red Steel for its control? Isn't it the exact opposite? :lol:

Low budget? :lol: That game cost just as much to make as Gears of War ($12 million versus $10 million). 

BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 BladesOfAthena
[QUOTE="BladesOfAthena"][QUOTE="Cyberfairy"]

Sword-Demon

what would they not be able to see? its not an ugly game. your acting like people will mistake an alien for a box. ever play a FPS 2 gens ago? ever have any trouble seeing something? of course graphics matter to some degree, but gameplay/controls are much more important. and according to many many previews, thats where this game shines.

No it is an ugly game. And that's a fact. ;)

Define gameplay. Because I'd argue that visuals do matter just as much, if not moreso. For example, draw distance and animation DO affect how the game is played.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#76 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts
The developers of The Conduit have made an AAA game before. With that being said, I have absolutely no interest in this game whatsoever.
BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 BladesOfAthena

[QUOTE="lantus"]Because people still haven't learned after Red Steel. They're still preoccupied thinking that the Wii could be the best console for shooters, when it fails miserably at making even a competent shooter, besides Metroid Prime which isn't really a shooter, Wii is the last console you want to play a shooter on.Sword-Demon

red steel was a poor attempt at a FPS, everyone knows that. and though MP3 is not technically a FPS, it does have FPS controls. thats what we're discussing. controls, not gameplay. and when you look at MP3's controls, you see that they work perfectly. so.. where's your argument?

One game? Is that the best that the Wii can do? That's utterly pathetic considering that the Wiimote is allegedly suited for FPS controls, and yet so few games fail to utilize this mechanic. 

Tell me something, if the Wii is so much superior with FPS controls, then why are most developers making shooters for the PS360? Don't ya just the irony?

See, your argument fails. :lol:

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#78 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

Oh, and DeathScape's right, they HAVE made an AAA Game before.

Not that this particular game seems all that relevant to The Conduit, but at least any Baseball Simulator elements in The Conduit should be good :P 

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#79 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

One game? Is that the best that the Wii can do? That's utterly pathetic considering that the Wiimote is allegedly suited for FPS controls, and yet so few games fail to utilize this mechanic. 

Tell me something, if the Wii is so much superior with FPS controls, then why are most developers making shooters for the PS360? Don't ya just the irony?

BladesOfAthena

The reason most developers make shooters for the PS3 and 360 is because those systems have better graphics, and shooters are known for having great graphics. 

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Sword-Demon
[QUOTE="Sword-Demon"][QUOTE="BladesOfAthena"]

BladesOfAthena

red steel was a launch title (devs didnt have much time to get it together or learn how to implement the motion controls) and almost any wii owner knows that the controls for it suck. your comparing a poorly made game to a well made game.. why? try comparing R2 controls to MP3 controls.. your argument fails, anyone who takes off their fanboy goggles can tell that the wii has superior controls to the ps3/360 when done correctly. HV has put serious time and effort into this game. the visuals arent bad for a wii game (those screens are crap, there are some much better ones. but its not a 360/ps3 game, dont act like it should look like one.) it has some good new concepts to it (for example: one of the weapons allows you to use the remote to steer a missile). the controls are said to be flawless and fully customisable. so just wait for its release before you pass judgement.

Pardon me, but isn't that like calling the kettle black? Funny coming the person that cherrypicks certain points that will put the Wii in a more favorable light. :lol: My point is that "innovative" controls doesn't mean anything if the gameplay sucks. Just because a game has pointer controls doesn't automatically it superior.

Steering a missile? Lol. You call that new? Metal Gear Solid 2 says hello.

As for Red Steel, that doesn't excuse it from being a crappy title, since there are also launch titles that shine in quality, like Resistance, Soul Calibur, Kameo, and SSX, to name a few.

Lastly, you need to improve your reading comprehension skills, because I never once said that it should look like a PS360 title. My point is that the graphics look hideous, uninspired, boring, and the equivalent of pixelated vomit. And just to reiterate my point, I've seen WAAAAAY better looking Xbox titles.

I do find it a shame how the Wii can't seem to graphically compete with a console that's over 7 years old. Goes to show how underpowered the system really is.

-im picking points that prove what im trying to say, its nothing about "putting the wii in a more favorable light" they seemed fair to me. im not trying to be biased. all i said was that wii controls can be better than ps3/360 controls for shooters, HV is working hard on this game and incorporating some new concepts that normally arent in FPS games, and from what we've heard, the controls and gameplay are great. nothing about the wii being better than any console in any area other than controls (i do believe the wii lost this gen. the only good thing it has is controls)

-who's saying the gameplay sucks? from all of the previews, it seems like the gameplay is great.

-I never said pointer controls made a game superior, i said the wii controls are superior to 360/ps3 controls when they are done correctly. i said nothing about gameplay or story.

-steering the missile was one example of many, i can provide more if you'd like.

-i agree that red steel was a failure, but you are comparing that failure to one of the best shooters this gen, which isnt right. if you are going to compare one control scheme over another, you should use the best examples, the best example of FPS controls on the wii is with MP3. if you compare the control schemes of MP3 and R2, MP3 obviously wins. this proves that the wii controls CAN work very well with FPS games. which was my point.

-I apologize for my wording before, it wasnt directly aimed at you, but at others who are comparing the graphics to 360/ps3. but those are terrible screens of the game. there are better ones. but i agree with you, the wii is severely underpowered

-lastly, im not saying that this game will be amazing, or better than anything that has come out this gen (i know, thats what it seems like). im just defending the possibility that this may turn out to be a very good game. im not a wii fanboy, im actually saving up for a ps3, so i have nothing against any console.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
[QUOTE="BladesOfAthena"][QUOTE="Sword-Demon"]

The average production time of a game is 2/3 years. Everyone put all their eggs in the PS3/360 basket at the start of 2007 and assumed that the Wii would fall of the radar against its competitors. Now the Year is 2008 near enough 2009 and 3rd party has been flocking to the Wii as its the biggest seller this Gen, 1st with the gimmicks to earn a quick buck and now it seems that the quick buck era is out of the way and developers are taking the Wii more serious in 2009 and are producing quality games for 2009. I dont see no irony but i see someone who dont understand what they are on about.
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Sword-Demon
[QUOTE="Sword-Demon"]

[QUOTE="lantus"]Because people still haven't learned after Red Steel. They're still preoccupied thinking that the Wii could be the best console for shooters, when it fails miserably at making even a competent shooter, besides Metroid Prime which isn't really a shooter, Wii is the last console you want to play a shooter on.BladesOfAthena

yes, that is currently the best that the wii can do. but one game is all i need to prove my point that it CAN BE DONE.

im guessing that most devs are turned off by the wii's casual approach and lack of power. they figure they wont get many sales. but i'd bet my life that if the wii was graphically on par with the competition and had less of a family friendly theme, yet kept the controls, nearly every shooter would be made for the wii, and would sell better on the wii than any other console

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts

Bullshots. BTW, it hasn't really been hyped for quite a while anyway. However the controls are nearly flawless and FULLY customisable, as stated by many previews. Graphics are decent. There is a full fledged online mode supporting WiiSpeak. And Wii owners need a generic FPS. No one don't know yet if it will be a bad game or a good game so don't make assumptions.

GRAPHICS

The game is notable for the extreme focus on the game's visuals by High Voltage Software, using a Wii-specific engine called Quantum3. Upgrading the game engine, which had previously been used by the developer in several other titles, began in October 2007.[9][20] This engine allows for "full 16-TEV stage material pipeline using up to eight texture sources and a host of innovative blend operations," and as also quoted in IGN's exclusive look at the game, the engine "allows the developer to create graphic effects normally seen on other consoles with vertex and pixel shaders." These effects include bump-mapping, reflection and refraction, light and shadow maps and projections, specular and Fresnel effects, missive and iridescent materials, advanced alpha blends, gloss and detail mapping, motion blur, interactive water with complex surface effects, and animated textures, among other things.[8] The Quantum3 engine also includes advanced artificial intelligence, allowing for enemies in the game to possess "human-like behavior." According to Eric Nofsinger, "Our [High Voltage Software's] goal is to be the most technically innovative Wii developer on the planet."[8]

High Voltage Software is currently aiming at a steady 30 frames per second frame rate with no flicker for the game. The development team had previously claimed that they had a goal of 60 frames per second, but in the end they decided that development time would be better spent on the game's other features and that it would run smoothly at 30 frames.[8][18] Red Eye Studios, a subsidiary of the developer, is supplying motion capturedanimation for The Conduit.[27]

During E32008, the developer debuted a playable demo of the game which consisted of the first half of a level included in the actual game and showed several of the Drudge enemies, as well as several different human and alien weapons.[13] Environmental effects showcased in the demo included reflections in glass objects such as windows and the scope of the player's weapon, water effects, and textures.[17][22] Following E3, High Voltage Software updated the Quantum3 engine with several new features, including a depth of field effect, heat distortion, and specularity. The developer also claimed it was working to increase the number of predefined death animations that occur when the player kills an enemy, so that each different enemy type would die differently depending on the weapon used against them.[28]

[edit] Multiplayer

Multiplayer in The Conduit will feature at least three competitive multiplayer modes for online play,[21] including Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, and Capture the Flag modes.[13][4] Voice chat for the online multiplayer will be included through implementation of the Wii Speak peripheral. The Conduit will be the first third-party Wii game to use the accessory.[12][14] Besides the online feature, the development team is also working on local area network (LAN) functionality.[6] Both the online multiplayer and LAN multiplayer will be able to support up to 16 players simultaneously.[9][23]

The Conduit won several awards following its appearance and demonstration at E3 2008. IGN gave it three awards, including Best Shooter Game of E3 2008 (Wii),[32] Best Graphics Technology of E3 2008 (Wii),[33] and Best Overall Wii Game of E3 2008.[34]GameTrailers also gave it Best Wii Game of E3 2008.[35]

-WIKIPEDIA

This should explain most of the hype. Also, the game is not completed yet, it is supposed to be released in Spring 09.

MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 MarloStanfield
Member since 2008 • 2409 Posts
exact same reason killzone 2 is hyped all fanboys are the same
mdisen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 mdisen2
[QUOTE="MarloStanfield"]exact same reason killzone 2 is hyped all fanboys are the same

Quite frankly, after Haze, I think sheep can hype whatever the $*%@ they want.
TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts
To me, it looks like a generic but mildly interesting game. I'm not hyping it, and I'm certainly going to wait for reviews first before I even consider it, but all the previews have been good. It definitely doesn't look like a fresh experience at this point in time.
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
I'm hyped for the controlsm, which are superior to any other fps on consoles thankyouverymuchSon_of_Some
OK keep thinking that
MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 MarloStanfield
Member since 2008 • 2409 Posts
[QUOTE="mdisen2"][QUOTE="MarloStanfield"]exact same reason killzone 2 is hyped all fanboys are the same

Quite frankly, after Haze, I think sheep can hype whatever the $*%@ they want.

they hyped Red Steel as well don't forget cows and sheep are very similar
Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#89 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
[QUOTE="Sword-Demon"][QUOTE="RuinedMachine"]

Is that why MP3 is the weakest game in the MP franchise? The only MP to fail to get AAA?

Is that why R2 got AAA and MP3 didn't?RuinedMachine

did i bring up anything but controls? i think not. while R2 my have gotten a slightly higher score, you cant honestly think the controls are better. youre nothing but a fanboy, there is no argument when it comes to controls.

you fail..

If the controls were so great wouldn't it reflect the score? I mean, if the controls are so much better than normal console gamepads, how come it's the weakest MP game in the franchise?

Did you actually read the review? The game got marked down because the controls were TOO good.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#90 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Because Wii owners only have Medal of Honor Heroes 2 when it comes to quality first person shooters.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#91 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
That is the same exact thing I've been wondering since it was first announced. Seems to me people just want a sci-fi shooter and they don't care what it is.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts
because a generic shooter by wii standards is amazing
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts
I hype it because I have read the interviews of the developers and it really appears that they are putting their hearts and souls into the making of this game. maybe thats not enough but it seems like a decent reason.
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts
read eny hands on preveiw off it and youll see
Popadophalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Popadophalis
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts
Because it's not generic ON THE WII
ChiddaPotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ChiddaPotta
Member since 2007 • 1670 Posts
HOLY! People are hyping THAT? Even Unreal Tournament 2004 had better gun models then that, I understand this is the Wii we are talking about here, but wow.
alexin_05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 alexin_05
Member since 2006 • 3922 Posts

Well, it can't possibly be as bad Geist, and Nintendo fanboys have been starving for a first person shooter ever since it was discovered that "Perfect Dark 2" would never see the light of day on a Nintendo system, and that Red Steel was actually a great big pile of red poop.Timstuff

Geist was actually pretty good

Avatar image for ChrisSpartan117
ChrisSpartan117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 ChrisSpartan117
Member since 2008 • 4519 Posts

We're not hyping The Conduit. I know this because we're not hyping anything right now.

Or at least we shouldn't be hyping anything right now.

Tsug_Ze_Wind
I've seen sheep hype this and Mad World a lot. At least Mad World looks AAA-ish.
SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts

THE GAME IS STILL IN DEVELOPEMENT!

It is in no real position to be judged. I remember Halo 3's pre alpha graphics. They sucked but lemmings defended them by saying they are not completed. Now lemmings are bashing this game, it has 5-6 months of developement left. The hypocrisy is off the charts in this place. Even I am not passing judgement but come on, there is a limit to fanboyism.

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
that looks loke a gamecube game