Why do you prefer Console>PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Guitar_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 Guitar_Nemesis
Member since 2011 • 54 Posts

[QUOTE="Guitar_Nemesis"]

I like games on consoles better and that it's cheaper.

ArisShadows

Cheaper? :/

Personally i've found that consoles are cheaper. Seeing is that I borrow or rent all of my games and I don't buy alot of DLC I find console gaming quite cheap.

I also play on a 22 inch TV that came free when my parents purchased a furniture set.

If I were to buy a gaming PC I wouldn't just go for the cheapest available option that PC gamers on here claim. I would spend LOTS to max out every game. Which is obviously much more expensive than a 360 or PS3. Seriousy though if PC gaming is as mighty as lots claim shouldn't I spend the money to get the best gaming option/platform available? That's how I view it. To have the best gaming experience, you have to spend alot for it, which is why console gaming is cheaper.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

[QUOTE="soulitane"][QUOTE="millerlight89"]Laziness, not enough money. Those are the main two reasons people do not. Go ahead and mod me, at least I speak the truth.millerlight89

How is it the truth when you're trying to speak for other people? Can't people just not be interested in the games?

It is the truth. The majority do not game on PC for money reasons and ,laziness. It;s quite evident in this thread with the people **** about the price.

laziness i'll give you, most people just don't give a **** about the extra bells and whistles a gaming pc has to offer. the money excuse i don't understand, according to this place (lol which in itself says alot) pc gaming is cheaper than console gaming. i guess that was a bunch of bull**** huh?

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

[QUOTE="Kaszilla"]I prefer console because I could care less about the games for PC and I hate the mouse and keyboard combo, I used to be strictly a PC gamer but I got tired of viruses, updating hardware, etc.Rekunta

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :P

I prefer consoles mainly because they're more convenient and comfortable. I don't have to worry about configuring, whether my system can handle it, patches, none of it. Just pop in and play, and kick back on my couch with my feet up instead of being crunched up in front of a much smaller screen. That said though, I believe the PC to give a better gaming experience. If the difference between the two platforms is negligible though, I'll always go with my console.

This is a huge one here. As a recent example, I just bought The Witcher: "Enhanced Edition" off steam. Pfft, enhanced my arse.

*start vent*

It was running like absolute crap no matter what I put the settings to, and the sound kept crackling too. My PC is easily powerful enough for this game, so I did a search on google and found many others with the same problem with low FPS, they tried the usual things like updating drivers to no avail. I also read that apparently the game is better suited for AMD graphics cards. I've got an Nvidia GTX260. Great. On top of that, when I tried to restart my PC, it wouldn't start up until I used system restore to go back to a checkpoint before the drivers for the game were installed. Now, when I go to steam I'm getting a message "This game is unavailable at this time. Please try again at another time" Why the hell would it be unavailable? I'm sure it still would have run like crap anyway. How do PC devs get away with this kind of garbage? I'm not sure I'll even bother getting The Witcher 2 now.

*end vent*

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#304 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
PC gaming is almost virtualy zero to me..... PC is for gamespot forum and facebook
dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

a PC is like a car. You get out of it what you put into it. There are all sorts of options and possibilities.

a console is like a moped. Its there, and thats that. You can't do anything to it. (relatively speaking)

Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 Remmib
Member since 2010 • 2250 Posts

[QUOTE="Rekunta"]

[QUOTE="Kaszilla"]I prefer console because I could care less about the games for PC and I hate the mouse and keyboard combo, I used to be strictly a PC gamer but I got tired of viruses, updating hardware, etc.tubbyc

I prefer consoles mainly because they're more convenient and comfortable. I don't have to worry about configuring, whether my system can handle it, patches, none of it. Just pop in and play, and kick back on my couch with my feet up instead of being crunched up in front of a much smaller screen. That said though, I believe the PC to give a better gaming experience. If the difference between the two platforms is negligible though, I'll always go with my console.

This is a huge one here. As a recent example, I just bought The Witcher: "Enhanced Edition" off steam. Pfft, enhanced my arse.

*start vent*

It was running like absolute crap no matter what I put the settings to, and the sound kept crackling too. My PC is easily powerful enough for this game, so I did a search on google and found many others with the same problem with low FPS, they tried the usual things like updating drivers to no avail. I also read that apparently the game is better suited for AMD graphics cards. I've got an Nvidia GTX260. Great. On top of that, when I tried to restart my PC, it wouldn't start up until I used system restore to go back to a checkpoint before the drivers for the game were installed. Now, when I go to steam I'm getting a message "This game is unavailable at this time. Please try again at another time" Why the hell would it be unavailable? I'm sure it still would have run like crap anyway. How do PC devs get away with this kind of garbage? I'm not sure I'll even bother getting The Witcher 2 now.

*end vent*

Your system not starting up has nothing to do with The Witcher or Steam, just sayin'...the GTX260 isn't that great of a card and on top of that The Witcher wasn't optimized that well. While I've never had the unavailable problem happen to me, I think you're just supposed to right click and verify the files to fix that.

superfluidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 superfluidity
Member since 2010 • 2163 Posts

I'd like to know the percentage of people who prefer consoles that have actually owned a gaming rig at some point. It seems that most simply have little or no experience with it and just assume that they don't like it.

On that note, I've owned the majority of consoles released since the NES and I prefer PC gaming by a wide margin.

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

I find it funny that a lot of PC gamers can't grasp the concept of just relaxing and playing videogames for a bit. I get this vibe of, "Omfg! I am going to get more ram a new video card, polish my gaming mouse get some energy drinks, check my power supply, order take out and get chips too, tell my girlfriend to go f some other guy, then go on steam and get witcher 2. Man, can't believe those console tards!"

Heirren

Where did this come from?

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

[QUOTE="tubbyc"]

[QUOTE="Rekunta"]

Remmib

*start vent*

*end vent*

Your system not starting up has nothing to do with The Witcher or Steam, just sayin'...the GTX260 isn't that great of a card and on top of that The Witcher wasn't optimized that well. While I've never had the unavailable problem happen to me, I think you're just supposed to right click and verify the files to fix that.

The GTX260 isn't a high end card anymore, but that shouldn't matter for this game. The recommended requirement is only a GeForce 7800, well below the GTX260. On top of that, I even tried turning the settings all the way down to the point that it looked crap, and it was still often like a slide show. I can play Crysis at very high res and high settings at a decent frame rate. Yes it seems you're right about it not being optimized well, a problem with some PC games.

As far as my sytem not starting up goes, well it happened the very next time I tried starting the PC after installing the game, and it was fixed only by going to a checkpoint before the driver installation one on the same day. It was definitely the Witcher one. It's still an example of technically issues which can come up with PC gaming in general. I started PC gaming a bit last gen, and I've had by far more issues than I've had with more than 30 years of console gaming. This graphics card has generally been good though.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#312 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Laziness, not enough money. Those are the main two reasons people do not. Go ahead and mod me, at least I speak the truth.millerlight89

Hardly the truth, I game on both.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

I find it funny that a lot of PC gamers can't grasp the concept of just relaxing and playing videogames for a bit. I get this vibe of, "Omfg! I am going to get more ram a new video card, polish my gaming mouse get some energy drinks, check my power supply, order take out and get chips too, tell my girlfriend to go f some other guy, then go on steam and get witcher 2. Man, can't believe those console tards!"

Ly_the_Fairy

People I know that are overly passionate about make the most powerful computer known to man.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#314 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Heirren

I wouldn't let my GF do that.:|

Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 Remmib
Member since 2010 • 2250 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]Laziness, not enough money. Those are the main two reasons people do not. Go ahead and mod me, at least I speak the truth.OB-47

There are always exceptions to the rule.

jaqulle999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 jaqulle999
Member since 2009 • 2897 Posts

its pretty even for me. Both have there benefits. My pc has a a great graphics and frame rate and the games are typically cheaper and easier to use through steam but there is nothing like laying on the couch and playing splitscreen with friends. I slightly prefer the pc exclusives but there are still a lot of great games for consoles

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

People I know that are overly passionate about make the most powerful computer known to man.

Well it's a hobby, why do you care?

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

Yeah, console gamers are too cool!

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]Laziness, not enough money. Those are the main two reasons people do not. Go ahead and mod me, at least I speak the truth.Remmib

There are always exceptions to the rule.

Maybe it's because people want the exclusives on console? Alot of the biggest triple A games have been on console and less on PC.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
1. I'm not autistic.alienlegion
Wow.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

1. I'm not autistic.

2. I like playing a game for an 1 hour or 2 and then doing something in the real world.

3. I'm not inpressed by games that offer simluated experiences, 300 hours of gameplay doing pretty much the same thing over and over again.

4. I like not being mistaken for a corpse with translucent skin.

5. Trolling PC gamers is both fun and easy, because they tend to be overweight maleswhose bodies produce too much estrogen, therefore making them cranky and easily antagonized.

6. I value my health, and those hardcore PC gamers that invest as much time and money as their sigs suggest probably play as much as these guys do:

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/study_pro_computer_gamers_fit_60yearold_chain_smokers

Modded in 5...4...3...2...

Flood of hermits responding in....

alienlegion

:lol: Well worth it, though.

Avatar image for NEStorianPriest
NEStorianPriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 NEStorianPriest
Member since 2010 • 804 Posts

[QUOTE="alienlegion"]

1. I'm not autistic.

2. I like playing a game for an 1 hour or 2 and then doing something in the real world.

3. I'm not inpressed by games that offer simluated experiences, 300 hours of gameplay doing pretty much the same thing over and over again.

4. I like not being mistaken for a corpse with translucent skin.

5. Trolling PC gamers is both fun and easy, because they tend to be overweight maleswhose bodies produce too much estrogen, therefore making them cranky and easily antagonized.

6. I value my health, and those hardcore PC gamers that invest as much time and money as their sigs suggest probably play as much as these guys do:

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/study_pro_computer_gamers_fit_60yearold_chain_smokers

Modded in 5...4...3...2...

Flood of hermits responding in....

Heirren

:lol: Well worth it, though.

+1

The "You couldn't possibly prefer console to gaming PC" mentality of some of the guys on these boards isjust ridiculous.

I guess when you LOVE your PC as much as some people do, you have to think this way, or your world will fall apart.