Why do you prefer Console>PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kaszilla
Member since 2011 • 1841 Posts
I prefer console because I could care less about the games for PC and I hate the mouse and keyboard combo, I used to be strictly a PC gamer but I got tired of viruses, updating hardware, etc.
enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

I sit at a computer all day at work... it really is the last thing I want to look at when I am home.

TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts

I sit at a computer all day at work... it really is the last thing I want to look at when I am home.

enzyme36

Oh man...I said the exact same thing about a month ago. Also, I prefer console exclusive games over pc.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
My monitor is my TV, so there is no "oh with console I can lay on my couch and enjoy" for me. And it turns out, it's the games for me. I play PS3 for its exclusives and action adventure games, Wii games for Wii exclusives, and PC games for shooters, RTS and RPGs. And handhelds for its exclusives and short-burst experiences. iPhone for very casual but addicting experiences. All in all, I don't prefer anything. The system I play the most just changes constantly depends on what games I want to play in certain time.
TheEpicGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheEpicGoat
Member since 2011 • 2006 Posts

I don't need to upgrade a console

EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts

Because I'm lazy and don't have to learn anything (or very little).

In all seriousness, I have never had a computer really capable of playing video games, so I have always played on consoles. And I have been perfectly (and still am) fine with that. There are a few games I wish I could play on a PC (Battlefield 3 and The Witcher 2), but I'll be perfectly fine with the console versions.

It also has something called splitscreen. Nothing beats sitting on the same couch with your friends playing on the same TV. It sucks though that more and more developers are no longer using that feature though,

TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheMoreYouOwn

TheEpicGoat

Hermits are gonna jump all over you unless you say "don't have to hardware upgrade." They'll call you out on downloading system patches.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

enzyme36

I do to, but I really don't see what effect that has on you PC gaming at home tbh. You can game on a PC just like a console, HDTV, controller and all. Even sitting at a desk and playing your games would be much different from working. That's just my take on it.

Anyways, I prefer console gaming simply because that is were my favorite gaming franchises reside. If all my favorite console games were on PC then that is were I would play them, but they aren't unfortunately.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
- I'm a designer, working 90% of my day on a computer already. - Got a NES when I was 1 year old, always have been gaming on consoles ever since. - No need to upgrade or pay attention to anything else I might need to do, just insert disc and enjoy. - Prefer controller over mouse + keyboard (yes I know I can use controller on PC). - Prefer gaming on a tv (yes I know PC can do this but too much of hassle for me). - No need to play with graphic settings, don't care for uber l33t graphics anyway as long as the game looks nice. - Nintendo doesn't do PC.
FinalB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FinalB
Member since 2011 • 160 Posts
I prefer console because I could care less about the games for PC and I hate the mouse and keyboard combo, I used to be strictly a PC gamer but I got tired of viruses, updating hardware, etc.Kaszilla
Same reasons as you, pc gaming is overrated.
mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts

The only thing i like Consoles and by consoles i mean PS3 over PC is the games. But that's my preference.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Wiimotefan

[QUOTE="TheEpicGoat"]

TheMoreYouOwn

Hermits are gonna jump all over you unless you say "don't have to hardware upgrade." They'll call you out on downloading system patches.

But you dont. :|

You could run your games on outdated PC hardware and still get better visuals/performance than consoles. You dont have to max every game you play and even if you are that OCD about it you dont have to have the highest end parts to max the vast majority of games.

Seriously, the ONLY GOOD REASON TO PREFER CONSOLES IS BECAUSE YOU PREFER THE GAMES. Thats it.

GnR-SLaSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GnR-SLaSh
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts

PC provides better visuals if you can afford to fork out hundreds and hundreds for a good rig.

I prefer consoles because a) I don't feel like my hardware will need an upgrade every single month to be able to play the latest games, b) because gaming with 3 friends is better than gaming by yourself.

CB4McGusto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CB4McGusto
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts
I was brought up to watch pRon, download free music and movies, blog, social network, and get into race arguments on youtube on my PC. Not to game! Hell if it wasn't for farmville I wouldn't have known you could even game on PC.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
Games work right on launch day, and all I have to do is push the power button. Also, every game comes with NATIVE gamepad support, and I only need one account and password.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#18 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I prefer console over PC because, with every computer I've ever owned, I never seem to have the necessary graphics cards and stuff for really high-end games, with perhaps a few exceptions.

TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheMoreYouOwn

[QUOTE="enzyme36"]

Wiimotefan

I do to, but I really don't see what effect that has on you PC gaming at home tbh. You can game on a PC just like a console, HDTV, controller and all. Even sitting at a desk and playing your games would be much different from working. That's just my take on it.

Anyways, I prefer console gaming simply because that is were my favorite gaming franchises reside. If all my favorite console games were on PC then that is were I would play them, but they aren't unfortunately.

I keep seeing folks saying you can pc game just like a console, and I'm not saying that you can't, but c'mon...the vast, VAST, majority of pc gamers game like this...

And yes, I know, we have the OPTION not to...then why do so many still game at desks? Because of the convenience factor. It's easier to pc game at a desk, just like it's easier to console game from your couch. But for somene like myself who works over 10hrs a day on a pc, I much more prefer the convenience of a console for my gaming experience.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Wiimotefan

PC provides better visuals if you can afford to fork out hundreds and hundreds for a good rig.

I prefer consoles because a) I don't feel like my hardware will need an upgrade every single month to be able to play the latest games, b) because gaming with 3 friends is better than gaming by yourself.

GnR-SLaSh

Except for the fact that none of that applies at all. :x

Seriously, I see why hermits on this board are always so wound up. The ignorant ideas about PC gaming on this board are astounding.

"Hey guiz, I dont liek consul gaiming cuz dey look liek PS1 gaemz nd they break down every week!" - Seriously, that's about how uninformed most of these posts sound.

TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheMoreYouOwn

[QUOTE="TheMoreYouOwn"]

[QUOTE="TheEpicGoat"]

Wiimotefan

You could run your games on outdated PC hardware and still get better visuals/performance than consoles. You dont have to max every game you play and even if you are that OCD about it you dont have to have the highest end parts to max the vast majority of games.

Seriously, the ONLY GOOD REASON TO PREFER CONSOLES IS BECAUSE YOU PREFER THE GAMES. Thats it.

Have any examples of oudated pc hardware running a game with better visuals then a present gen console? That's a pretty general statement without much specificity.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Wiimotefan

Games work right on launch day, and all I have to do is push the power button. Also, every game comes with NATIVE gamepad support, and I only need one account and password.lowe0

I take it you're a Wii only gamer? Cause that shtick only applies to Ninty this gen.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

[QUOTE="Kaszilla"]I prefer console because I could care less about the games for PC and I hate the mouse and keyboard combo, I used to be strictly a PC gamer but I got tired of viruses, updating hardware, etc.FinalB
Same reasons as you, pc gaming is overrated.

How is it overated... It's okay if it's not for you... but overated? lol

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Wiimotefan

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

[QUOTE="TheMoreYouOwn"]

TheMoreYouOwn

Have any examples of oudated pc hardware running a game with better visuals then a present gen console? That's a pretty general statement without much specificity.

Dude are you kidding me? Do I really have to provide an example for that? :lol:

My god, thats like me asking you to prove that a PS3 is more powerful than an Xbox. Its one of those things that should go without saying lol. 5 year old PC hardware is better than our current consoles. Are you sure you need an example for something that is common knowledge?

TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheMoreYouOwn

[QUOTE="TheMoreYouOwn"]

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

Wiimotefan

My god, thats like me asking you to prove that a PS3 is more powerful than an Xbox. Its one of those things that should go without saying lol. 5 year old PC hardware is better than our current consoles. Are you sure you need an example for something that is common knowledge?

How far outdated hardware are you talking? Like I said, if you're going to make such a wide open statement, better have something to back it up. Are you saying a pc from 1995 can run a Gears or Uncharted type of game with the same visuals? Just looking for some specificity.

Edit: I also see that you didn't acknowledge my statement on what you said about playing a pc like a console.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
I don't, I use consoles for exclusives only.
sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

[QUOTE="TheMoreYouOwn"]

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

Wiimotefan

Troll territory bud. Don't bite! Just let it go lol.

I prefer consoles for the games. I do buy a lot of multiplats on PC and a few exclusives here and there, but Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Ninja Gaiden, MGS, Team Ico games, From Software, SE games, the multiple Sony studios, Forza, etc.... that stuff is my bread and butter. Not saying they're better than PC games, just what I like is all.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Wiimotefan

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

[QUOTE="TheMoreYouOwn"]

TheMoreYouOwn

How far outdated hardware are you talking? Like I said, if you're going to make such a wide open statement, better have something to back it up. Are you saying a pc from 1995 can run a Gears or Uncharted type of game with the same visuals? Just looking for some specificity.

Wow, you cant be serious. I said 5 years just to give you a reference and you go back 16 years? Of course not lol.

Edit: I also see that you didn't acknowledge my statement on what you said about playing a pc like a console.

Why would I reply to that? You have the option and you dont act on it. Not my problem. Some people prefer the desk top setting, others dont. Some people prefer m/kb, others dont. The option is there so its really not an argument.

PC offers everything that consoles do, but in most cases better with more options. If you deny yourself those options then that is your own thing, not a fault against PC lol.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Wiimotefan

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

[QUOTE="TheMoreYouOwn"]

sandbox3d

Troll territory bud. Don't bite! Just let it go lol.

I prefer consoles for the games. I do buy a lot of multiplats on PC and a few exclusives here and there, but Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Ninja Gaiden, MGS, Team Ico games, From Software, SE games, the multiple Sony studios, Forza, etc.... that stuff is my bread and butter. Not saying they're better than PC games, just what I like is all.

Yeah, I see that now. :roll:

Valiant_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Valiant_Rebel
Member since 2009 • 4197 Posts

I don't. It's the other way around for me (PC > Console(s)).

Not to say that I don't play consoles or that they are bad, because I do play them, but I just like PC games better.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

split screen gaming, portability, used and rental market, pop in and play, gaming from my recliner, console exclusives, not being the most computer literate person in the world etc....

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Can't really argue with someone who doesnt like the PC cause they spend all day working at one.....hell I would probably hate the PC too if I had to sit at one for work. Glad I keep my work outside at all times, so I can come home and lounge on the couch or sit at a desk. You can have a Desk / PC setup be just as comfortable as a couch setup......you just have to get the right chair and desk for the task.....just like putting extra $$$ into having a sweet living room setup / theater.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Wiimotefan

Can't really argue with someone who doesnt like the PC cause they spend all day working at one.....hell I would probably hate the PC too if I had to sit at one for work. Glad I keep my work outside at all times, so I can come home and lounge on the couch or sit at a desk. You can have a Desk / PC setup be just as comfortable as a couch setup......you just have to get the right chair and desk for the task.....just like putting extra $$$ into having a sweet living room setup / theater.

dxmcat

I find it to be an odd complaint. I work 40-50 hrs a week on a computer. It really has no bearing on my entertainment when I'm at home. If you had a job in an electronics dept., waiting room receptionist, sports bar, etc. and all you see all day is TVs is that really going to deter you from playing your console on a TV when you get home?

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

[QUOTE="lowe0"]Games work right on launch day, and all I have to do is push the power button. Also, every game comes with NATIVE gamepad support, and I only need one account and password.Wiimotefan

I take it you're a Wii only gamer? Cause that shtick only applies to Ninty this gen.

I can think of a whole one game that didn't work on launch day on my consoles this gen. It's SOCOM 4, and the only reason it didn't work was because of some jackass hacker.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

Games work right on launch day, and all I have to do is push the power button. Also, every game comes with NATIVE gamepad support, and I only need one account and password.lowe0

are you implying that it's difficult to launch a pc game?

SLS97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SLS97
Member since 2011 • 275 Posts

Because I can't aford a good gaming PC. If I could my PS3 would be dead to me, but I still like it. Oh and exclusives. Much more than what PC has to offer, at least for my taste

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

-PCs remind me of work.

-I like to keep my computer game free for the most part.

-I don't have to hear people say, "wtf?! why in gods name are you moving your computer near the tv? I thought we were going to play Madden?"

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#39 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

It´s funny when these threads come up so many people suddenly have computer related full time jobs...even when a few said in other threads they were still in school. :P

planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts

console exclusive games. all i notice on pc are rpgs and mmos and none of this interest me. no keyboard and mouse funny business with a thousand buttons ( try setting up and getting used to controls for gta games. ofc i could always get a controller for pc but that defies the point of pc gaming for me)

if am all day at the laptop and gaming aswell on it then it just feels like am doing the same thing...

laptop is stricly for internet use and movies. and a nice 46 inch samsung 9000 series is stricly for gaming and blu ray movies..

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Wiimotefan

It´s funny when these threads come up so many people suddenly have computer related jobs...even when a few said in other threads they were still in school. :P

Arach666

That, or not "tech savy" lol.

I guess thats system wars. As soon as Ninty said one tablet per console then suddenly every cow and lem is apparently addicted to local mp. As soon as a 360 gets a better multiplat then every cow suddenly ownes and loves a killer gaming rig.

This new "PC reminds me of work" excuse has to be one of the most garbage reasons I've ever heard lol. PC haters are really reaching at this point.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

I prefer console. I don't mind playing on my PC at times, but it's not the same thing. If I had spend some money on a good silent computer, controller, nice wireless keyboard/mouse, good anti virus software, and so on. I could probably have had a gaming computer in my livingroom instead of a console. But it's alot easier to have a console, it's alot more plug and play, and cheaper. Of course, if you play online there are alot of annoying updates, on all these platforms.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

This new "PC reminds me of work" excuse has to be one of the most garbage reasons I've ever heard lol. PC haters are really reaching at this point.

Wiimotefan

Really? I disagree. See, I actually really like pc type games, but I feel that in this day and age that the majority of games are all the same. In the past, you could NOT play a game like Rainbow Six on consoles because the controls were too complex. Those games don't even exist anymore. But back to what you had just said: If you work on computers in any form, it is a perfectly valid excuse. One, I sure as heck am not moving my computer to and from a work area to the tv. Two, I do NOT want to sit in a desk chair to play games. Those reasons are just as valid as someone saying they don't like the Wii because they don't like motion controls.

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

It´s funny when these threads come up so many people suddenly have computer related full time jobs...even when a few said in other threads they were still in school. :P

Arach666

Maybe they do online schooling :P

scar-hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#45 scar-hawk
Member since 2008 • 5404 Posts

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

[QUOTE="enzyme36"]

TheMoreYouOwn

I keep seeing folks saying you can pc game just like a console, and I'm not saying that you can't, but c'mon...the vast, VAST, majority of pc gamers game like this...

And yes, I know, we have the OPTION not to...then why do so many still game at desks? Because of the convenience factor. It's easier to pc game at a desk, just like it's easier to console game from your couch. But for somene like myself who works over 10hrs a day on a pc, I much more prefer the convenience of a console for my gaming experience.

Man I'd love to have that second set up. Looks sexy. But I sure don't game on my PC like that :/ I'm too disorganized. I have right in front of my monitor and keyboard.. I gotta get some zip ties XD

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

enzyme36

You do realize that the PC can be hooked to the TV with a wireless K/M or a wireless controller right? Really the only real answer I can see given in this thread is you prefer consoles for their exclusives. You can do EVERYTHING on a PC that can be done on a console and more. I love sitting on the couch while playing my PC on the TV with the potion of K/M or controller at my side. All depends on the game as to which I use.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#48 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

Really two main reasons

1. Games look good/great.
  2. 9 times out of 10 games work with little to no problems.

#2 is more important really. I solve problems all day long as an a student, and when i'm interning as an engineer. The very last thing i wanna do is spend my evening trying to find out why i can't get a 5 year old game to work on my 2 year old laptop/computer.

Two minor reasons

1. Exclusives area nice bonus, some of them are truly great games even if they may not stand the test of time (we'll see)
  2. Controllers > K/M IMO. I know you can set up a controller on some games, but not all games. and only RTS's and Strategy games are best with K/M.

Some people on here, love that, i abhore it. It's gaming, not problem solving time.

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

I find it funny how PC gamers will shoot down any and every "excuse" that somebody plays their games on console as opposed to PC. You might as well just say what you really mean which is "you have no right to stick with consoles, every reason is an excuse and if you don't move to PC than you're a lazy kid who needs to realise that consoles ain't got nothing over PC except a handful of decent exclusives"

I prefer sitting on my couch.
I do not want to bother putting together a gaming rig because I have 2 of them, they are called PS3 and Xbox360.
I prefer to just put my game in the console and play with no BS.
I prefer console exclusives over PC exclusives, I do not care for Crysis, Deus Ex, The Witcher 2, Stalker, Counter Strike, or MMO's, JRPG's, RPG's.
I do not care for going digital, I want a hard copy of every game I purchase.
I will gladly take RE4, Uncharted 2, Heavenly Sword, InFamous 2, and others over any PC exclusive out there.

The great thing about consoles are that they are just plug and play. Quick and easy, the most you might need to buy is an extra controller and a mic.

I really don't care if a game runs a bit better on PC, or if it even looks A LOT better. I do not care for mods, I will gladly play Oblivion and GTAIV without them. I do not want to tamper with the product, I play games the way they were intended and released by the developer. I have been playing games on console since I was little. From the original NES up to this point. That will not change.

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

Arach666

When i was in college i had a full time job at a tech store, so you can do both.