Why do you prefer Console>PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

PC are the prime suspect of downloading pirated software and they also run emulated console games. This does not support the industry that I love.

TheMoreYouOwn

Let's be blind to console and handheld piracy!

As blind as honestly believing the numbers of pirated games on consoles are anywhere even remotely close to the numbers on pc.

The pirated software still originates on the pc. These people need to be punished. Also, the number of pirates is far more on pc. One, to my knowledge there is no "official" number of downloads per game in this area. If there were, things would be stopped. Two, emulation is very prominent on the pc platform.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

I prefer console because I could care less about the games for PC and I hate the mouse and keyboard combo, I used to be strictly a PC gamer but I got tired of viruses, updating hardware, etc.Kaszilla

OP makes no sense.

Do we really need another self contradicting thread like this?

Obviously from the get go, we can tell that the TC was never strictly a PC gamer, especially considering almost all games now support controllers right out of the box, and that only started happening this gen.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

PC are the prime suspect of downloading pirated software and they also run emulated console games. This does not support the industry that I love.

Heirren

When you buy or sell pre-owned games, how does this support theindustry that you love?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

tenaka2

When you buy or sell pre-owned games, how does this support theindustry that you love?

I buy my games new, but what you said isn't the fault of the consumer. That is something publishers need to work out with retailers. PCs used for getting illegal software is just like walking into a retail store and stealing a game.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#155 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts
Biggest platform in the world will offcourse have to worst piracy issue... How many pc's are capable of doing something illegal? Say 800 million? (probably more) How many consoles are out for this gen that could be used for piracy. , Just estimates but say, 80 million wii's, 60 million 360's, 60 million ps3? Thats a drastic difference in customer potential. Its def a given that a pc will have much more piracy concerns. At the same time, piracy has grown in leaps and bounds on consoles as checks and balances have all but disappeared. Business side, PC with all its piracy has long shelf lifes on games which allows people to keep enjoy games for far longer then a console (no generation standard). Opposite of this is that console games after a certain point gives back no money to a company as used sells and now explosion of rent of centers (gamefly, redbox etc) take over. Add in now some major console piracy and everything on both sides is a major mehhh on the business end of things.
FinalB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 FinalB
Member since 2011 • 160 Posts

[QUOTE="FinalB"][QUOTE="Kaszilla"]I prefer console because I could care less about the games for PC and I hate the mouse and keyboard combo, I used to be strictly a PC gamer but I got tired of viruses, updating hardware, etc.Bebi_vegeta

Same reasons as you, pc gaming is overrated.

How is it overated... It's okay if it's not for you... but overated? lol

I'm not saying its bad, its just nowhere near as good as its hyped up to be. The pc gaming experience and console gaming experience are equally good for different reasons. But in the end I prefere consoles over pc.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
I don't. Practically everything i like about gaming is better on pc.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

A few reasons...

1. Plug and Play simplicity. Alas, the line has blurred, what with mandatory installs, updates, etc.

2. My friends all have consoles. I enjoy playing online with friends. Therefore, console is a natural choice.

3. I use a computer in one way or another at work all day, every day. Aside from surfing the internet, I don't really want to get on a computer again.

4. I prefer the consoles line up to PC. Just personal opinion.

Avatar image for Mariotookmyxbox
Mariotookmyxbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Mariotookmyxbox
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
exclusives, simplicity, confort, not having to upgrade ever
VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#160 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

Because its what I grew up gaming on. They are ready to go right out of the box. Controllers work 100% of the time and already configured. Online play is as easy as it gets. Just more for my gaming needs..

Metaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#161 Metaw
Member since 2010 • 387 Posts

I sit at the exact same spot for both my pc and console gaming needs, got two screens next to each other, one's for pc stuff and the other is console stuff (playing right now actually, it's awesome like this). Yakuza 3 for those wondering...

What I like about consoles is, well, less noise and less heat in the room, these things can be fixed with water cooling though I guess. And another thing is all pc multiplayer games work differently, so it's not always easy to connect with friends, while on console you just..do it. But I'm patient so I fix whatever connectivity problems arise, it's totally worth it.

Controller/ Mouse & Keyboard, whatever works for me, but a controller is more comfortable for me, while M&K gives an advantage in other things - MMO, FPS, RTS. Controller can be used for PC as well so I guess no extra points for console there.

Money is also not a problem, you work, save up some money, buy either PC or a console, OR BOTH! Life is just that easy.

Ohhh I LOVE not being a fanboy, wow I feel so great now. Thanks

Avatar image for dark-warmachine
dark-warmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#162 dark-warmachine
Member since 2007 • 3476 Posts

Accessible.

TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts

Biggest platform in the world will offcourse have to worst piracy issue... How many pc's are capable of doing something illegal? Say 800 million? (probably more) How many consoles are out for this gen that could be used for piracy. , Just estimates but say, 80 million wii's, 60 million 360's, 60 million ps3? Thats a drastic difference in customer potential. Its def a given that a pc will have much more piracy concerns. At the same time, piracy has grown in leaps and bounds on consoles as checks and balances have all but disappeared. Business side, PC with all its piracy has long shelf lifes on games which allows people to keep enjoy games for far longer then a console (no generation standard). Opposite of this is that console games after a certain point gives back no money to a company as used sells and now explosion of rent of centers (gamefly, redbox etc) take over. Add in now some major console piracy and everything on both sides is a major mehhh on the business end of things. jedikevin2

I think torrents has a bit more to do with the pc piracy problem than the platform volume.

gandaf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 gandaf007
Member since 2009 • 892 Posts

I prefer PC gaming primarily for the exclusives, however things I always keep in mind is the better controller, easier way to buy games, less expensive game, better community features, and graphics, although that's a very inconsequential part of it all.

However, console gaming is great as well. Some of my favorite games this gen have been console exclusives like RDR, MGS4, Valkryia Chronicles, among others. Plus, nothing beats just sitting back on my bed taking place in a shoot up on a train in RDR.

And yes, I'm aware I could hook up my PC to my TV, however I still have low quality tv's and quite frankly, if I want to game on a TV, I think consoles are best suited.

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#166 aia89
Member since 2009 • 2828 Posts

if it wasn't for exclusives and games that don't happen on Pc, I'd never play on a console.

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#167 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Whenever I game on my PC, I end up playing WoW. WoW isn't on consoles.
ROFLCOPTER603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#168 ROFLCOPTER603
Member since 2010 • 2140 Posts

All my friends own consoles.

It would be cool if they all owned gaming PCs but it's too much money to expect everyone to have one.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#169 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts

For these reasons

1. I have no interest in any of the PC exclusives, for me Console exclusives >>> PC exclusives

2. The xbox 360 and PS3 graphically are all I need and games like Forza 4, uncharted 3, and Gears 3 prove this.

3. Apparentlly mods are good, but I'm not sold on them and probably wouldn't use then..but feel free to tell me the benefits

4. Consoles are centered around gaming and I like that.

5. Mouse and keyboard aren't for me

6. I use a PC for surfing the web and my work, that's it.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

[QUOTE="TheMoreYouOwn"][QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

Let's be blind to console and handheld piracy!

Heirren

As blind as honestly believing the numbers of pirated games on consoles are anywhere even remotely close to the numbers on pc.

The pirated software still originates on the pc. These people need to be punished. Also, the number of pirates is far more on pc. One, to my knowledge there is no "official" number of downloads per game in this area. If there were, things would be stopped. Two, emulation is very prominent on the pc platform.

Doesn't change the fact that it's done on every systeme.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="FinalB"] Same reasons as you, pc gaming is overrated.FinalB

How is it overated... It's okay if it's not for you... but overated? lol

I'm not saying its bad, its just nowhere near as good as its hyped up to be. The pc gaming experience and console gaming experience are equally good for different reasons. But in the end I prefere consoles over pc.

Then someone could also simply say console is overated... lol.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

They can't handle the awesomeness that is the gaming PC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="TheMoreYouOwn"] As blind as honestly believing the numbers of pirated games on consoles are anywhere even remotely close to the numbers on pc.Bebi_vegeta

Honestly, it is just more prominent on pc to the point that pc gamers don't even notice it is wrong.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

Honestly, it is just more prominent on pc to the point that pc gamers don't even notice it is wrong.

Everyone knows PC has the most pirating. That doesn't stop games from selling millions on the PC. Couple that with the fact that it takes virtually nothing to puta game on PC and you have immediate profits as well as an outlet for indie developers. If games didn't sell well on PC there would be no games on PC. Regardless, there is pirating on every platform. It's unavoidable.

tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

I don't prefer it, but being able to game wiht my friends who do not have gaming pc's and playing some awesome games like RDR or Uncharted is nice

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

More prominent on PC doesn't change the fact it's done on all gaming system... infact it's more prominent on handheld.

Also, back in the days I could fly with Zelda using a gameshark... I don't know what could be done with todays tech.

coreybg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 coreybg
Member since 2009 • 2608 Posts

[QUOTE="Kaszilla"]I prefer console because I could care less about the games for PC and I hate the mouse and keyboard combo, I used to be strictly a PC gamer but I got tired of viruses, updating hardware, etc.ShadowDeathX
ok, if you get tired of automatic virus scans that take no time to adjust then PC gaming isn't for you. May I suggest a stick and rock?

But but but what if the stick breaks? :cry:

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#178 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Because a) consoles have the games I like, b) i don't care much about online gaming, c) i don't care much about the FPS and RTS genres, d) i prefer hard copies to digital.

arbitor365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#180 arbitor365
Member since 2009 • 2726 Posts

the exclusives. or the types of exclusives rather. the "big hitter" PC exclusives tend to be

- MMOs (which despise with a passion)

- RTS games (which I dont care about)

- other strategy/puzzle games (which I also dont care too much for, these days)

- FPS games (which are the only games I play on the PC these days. they really arent as plentiful or as great as they used to be in the 90s and early 2000s)

I have yet to play a game like "uncharted 2" on the PC. and really, thats because the PC gaming crowd doesnt generally care a about games like that.

I consider the difference between the PC and consoles to be like the difference between star trek and star wars. personally, im a star wars kind of guy. which isnt to say for a moment that pc fans dont like star wars. thats not what my analogy is saying at all. the thing is, PC gamers are more into strategy, logistics, numbers, and features. that has never been a focus for me and it never will be.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#181 Xtasy26
Member since 2008 • 5582 Posts

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

[QUOTE="TheMoreYouOwn"]

Hermits are gonna jump all over you unless you say "don't have to hardware upgrade." They'll call you out on downloading system patches.

TheMoreYouOwn

But you dont. :|

You could run your games on outdated PC hardware and still get better visuals/performance than consoles. You dont have to max every game you play and even if you are that OCD about it you dont have to have the highest end parts to max the vast majority of games.

Seriously, the ONLY GOOD REASON TO PREFER CONSOLES IS BECAUSE YOU PREFER THE GAMES. Thats it.

Have any examples of oudated pc hardware running a game with better visuals then a present gen console? That's a pretty general statement without much specificity.

Crysis running on a HD 4870 will easily beat anything on the consoles.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#182 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

Born and raised on Nintendo Platformers. No PC gaming can give me the level of control a good old SNES controller can.

alienlegion

You mean these?

This to me me is like a lesbian wearing a strap-on.

Indeed,they know it´s way more functional than the real deal.

Avatar image for Console_Gamer93
Console_Gamer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Console_Gamer93
Member since 2007 • 2712 Posts

Comfort.

alienlegion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 alienlegion
Member since 2010 • 241 Posts

[QUOTE="alienlegion"]

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

You mean these?

Arach666

lol Touche. Really, though, why play "shallow" console games on a PC with these?

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Arach666

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

[QUOTE="alienlegion"]

alienlegion

lol Touche. Really, though, why play "shallow" console games on a PC with these?

Wich "shallow" console games are you talking about?

alienlegion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 alienlegion

[QUOTE="alienlegion"]

[QUOTE="Arach666"] Indeed,they know it´s way more functional than the real deal.

Arach666

PC gamers geneerally refer to console games as shallow. My point is, people chose PC for a reason. Why go to the trouble to play console games on them when they are clearly inferior? Seems like a waste of time when they could be playing Crysis or WOW.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Arach666

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

[QUOTE="alienlegion"]

alienlegion

PC gamers geneerally refer to console games as shallow. My point is, people chose PC for a reason. Why go to the trouble to play console games on them when they are clearly inferior? Seems like a waste of time when they could be playing Crysis or WOW.

Maybe some people like these controllers to play PC games? Because they are compatible with them. Maybe some console gamers need to remenisce and this is the best way to do it these days?

Also,I suspect you´re trying to talk about emulators(especifically NES/SNES),and in the process somehow implying that PC gamers are the ones that play them? Most likely the people that play those games are console gamers,such things don´t require strong PC´s to play anyway,and I only even know about those devices because they were mentioned by console gamers,devices that they use to play older games the same way they did on those systems back in the day.

Just because a PC is being used,doesn´t mean they are PC gamers.

alienlegion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 alienlegion

[QUOTE="alienlegion"]

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

Arach666

Maybe some people like these controllers to play PC games? Because they are compatible with them. Maybe some console gamers need to remenisce and this is the best way to do it these days?

Also,I suspect you´re trying to talk about emulators(especifically NES/SNES),and in the process somehow implying that PC gamers are the ones that play them? Most likely the people that play those games are console gamers,such things don´t require strong PC´s to play anyway,and I only even know about those devices because they were mentioned by console gamers,devices that they use to play older games the same way they did on those systems back in the day.

Console gamers spend $300+ on a PC to play console games? Not when the original consoles are much cheaper, as are the games. That doesn't make sense.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Arach666

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

[QUOTE="alienlegion"]

alienlegion

Console gamers spend $00+ on a PC to play console games? Not when the original consoles are much cheaper, as are the games. That doesn't make sense.

Oh please,I haven´t said that people buy a computer specifically to play them,any computer from the last 10 years(or more) can play those,it´s way more practical to the majority of people. Nothing to do with PC gamers and this whole talk about emulation ends here and now,if you want to be moderated then keep going,because I will most certainly not.
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

[QUOTE="enzyme36"]

I sit at a computer all day at work... it really is the last thing I want to look at when I am home.

TheMoreYouOwn

Oh man...I said the exact same thing about a month ago. Also, I prefer console exclusive games over pc.

Off topic, but the peasants didn't do **** to Louis just like peasants have really never done **** in history. It was the privileged merchants and intellects that banded together to get rid of the first and second estate and get power for themselves. On topic, I enjoy the many options the PC gives me along with it's massive library of games.

Ikouze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Ikouze
Member since 2009 • 2027 Posts

Console. It's much cheaper to get a console and play games there than is to buy a $1500 gaming computer, and have to update every 2 years or so.

alienlegion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 alienlegion

[QUOTE="alienlegion"]

[QUOTE="Arach666"] Maybe some people like these controllers to play PC games? Because they are compatible with them. Maybe some console gamers need to remenisce and this is the best way to do it these days?

Arach666

Console gamers spend $00+ on a PC to play console games? Not when the original consoles are much cheaper, as are the games. That doesn't make sense.

Oh please,I haven´t said that people buy a computer specifically to play them,any computer from the last 10 years(or more) can play those,it´s way more practical to the majority of people. Nothing to do with PC gamers and this whole talk about emulation ends here and now,if you want to be moderated then keep going,because I will most certainly not.

Um, you're the one who posted modded NES controlelrs for the PC. And you're the one who claimed that PC is the best wway to play old console games. Don't try to turn this around on me buddy.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Arach666

[QUOTE="Arach666"][QUOTE="alienlegion"]

alienlegion

Um, you're the one who posted modded NES controlelrs for the PC. And you're the one who claimed that PC is the best wway to play old console games. Don't try to turn this around on me buddy.

I posted those controllers because they can be used to play PC games. Period. I only had to mention those things because you were the one that quoted me talking about playing console games on the PC. Had you not mentioned them,then the conversation wouldn´t have come to this.

If I post a pic of a Dual Shock 3 for the PC that means that it´s being used to play PS3 games on the PC?

Please...

Yrkoon99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Yrkoon99
Member since 2007 • 494 Posts

i have consoles and self built pc's, oh noes lets argue meh

lolconsoles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 lolconsoles
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
PC obviously. Why? Here's why: -Superior controls -Superior online gaming(better community,dedicated servers) -Vastly superior graphics(the high resolution alone makes a huge difference) -Smooth frame rate(60+fps) -Thousands of free mods adding countless of hours of game play and fun into old/new games. -Cheaper games(no royalty fees) -Crazy steam sales -Free dlc(L4D2 for example) -Customization(games,os,hardware,you can do anything you want) lolconsoles
atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts
It's more convenient; besides, I've never had the kind of PC required to really get into gaming on one. I'm investing in one come next month, though, so I may have a different opinion then.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
the games + gamepad suits more genres than mouse/keyboard
BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#199 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

Its more comfortable to game on console, games always (well almost always) work flawlessly without crashes or FPS issues and I dont need to care about graphic options.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#200 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Well.. I don't prefer one over the other at this point, because i have ben playing my consoles (PS1/N64/PS2/Wii) a bit more than my PC these days, and wen i'm not in the mood anymore i'll give my attention to my PC more.