Why Bill Gates want more money ??

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts

bill gates Also you have to remember it is tough being sexy and rich!!!

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts

when bill gates dies I think he should give everyone (on this planet) $10.

InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 InfamousC
Member since 2006 • 2389 Posts

[QUOTE="taker42"][QUOTE="pundog"][QUOTE="taker42"]Who gives a damn what a guy does with his own money as long as it ain't illegal.pundog
When you have the power to eliminate things like poverty and disease you are held to a higher standard than the average person.

Really? I didn't know Bill Gates is God. Stop saying because he has money he should give it away. Heck, why not ask governments to stop spending money on arms and use the funds for education and stuff. That would have a bigger effect.

I do. The US has spent over 1 trillion dollars in Iraq. I don't know about the people here, but I think that there are about 1 trillion better investments for that money. I live in Canada so I can't speak for Americans, but wouldn't you rather have a better education system or free healthcare? I know I would.

They may have spent alot of money in iraq but wars create alot of money for our economy.

Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts

They may have spent alot of money in iraq but wars create alot of money for our economy.

InfamousC
Not nearly enough to pay for the deficit spending.
taker42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 taker42
Member since 2007 • 1614 Posts
[QUOTE="taker42"][QUOTE="pundog"][QUOTE="taker42"]Who gives a damn what a guy does with his own money as long as it ain't illegal.rybe1025
When you have the power to eliminate things like poverty and disease you are held to a higher standard than the average person.

Really? I didn't know Bill Gates is God. Stop saying because he has money he should give it away. Heck, why not ask governments to stop spending money on arms and use the funds for education and stuff. That would have a bigger effect.

If you want those things like cure disease then work hard and you do it. Bill gates worked for his money. Also since you know he spends nothing on disease try researching. The man just in one donation spent 200 million of his own dime to Africa for aids. And has given so much more at other times. He gives more to fight aids then almost another other country. Plus other charities

True, if he wants to give it away, it's cool. But don't expect a man to give away money just because he could. That's just lame.
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts

[QUOTE="pundog"][QUOTE="taker42"][QUOTE="pundog"][QUOTE="taker42"]Who gives a damn what a guy does with his own money as long as it ain't illegal.InfamousC

I do. The US has spent over 1 trillion dollars in Iraq. I don't know about the people here, but I think that there are about 1 trillion better investments for that money. I live in Canada so I can't speak for Americans, but wouldn't you rather have a better education system or free healthcare? I know I would.

But how many people are going to see that money? Especially considering the low tax rates in the US (at least compared to up here) I think that more people are going to get more out of the US investing 1 trillion into something like healthcare than whatever taxes are gained from those profiting from war. And I'm not even going to touch the whole military industrial complex.
saspool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 saspool
Member since 2006 • 128 Posts
[QUOTE="InfamousC"]

[QUOTE="pundog"][QUOTE="taker42"][QUOTE="pundog"][QUOTE="taker42"]Who gives a damn what a guy does with his own money as long as it ain't illegal.pundog

But how many people are going to see that money? Especially considering the low tax rates in the US (at least compared to up here) I think that more people are going to get more out of the US investing 1 trillion into something like healthcare than whatever taxes are gained from those profiting from war. And I'm not even going to touch the whole military industrial complex.

One thing you got keep in mind here is that U.S investments in Iraq is not intended to go to waste (I don't want to argue whether currently it is or not), what U.S wanted to achieve from this fight and why they invested so heavily was for number of reasons ranging form future investments in that country to a country in middle east which they could have control over in the future (much like Pakistan and India).

bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 bman784
Member since 2004 • 6755 Posts
Because, comrade, he is a capitalist pig and wants nothing but to make money for his own benefit. Luckily we live in a communist society where no one...oh wait:(
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts
[QUOTE="pundog"][QUOTE="InfamousC"]

[QUOTE="pundog"][QUOTE="taker42"][QUOTE="pundog"][QUOTE="taker42"]Who gives a damn what a guy does with his own money as long as it ain't illegal.saspool

One thing you got keep in mind here is that U.S investments in Iraq is not intended to go to waste (I don't want to argue whether currently it is or not), what U.S wanted to achieve from this fight and why they invested so heavily was for number of reasons ranging form future investments in that country to a country in middle east which they could have control over in the future (much like Pakistan and India).

But so far there hasn't been a ton of progress in Iraq. If it pans out then sure, it was a worthwhile investment but until then I I were an American I'd rather have had that money invested in something more valuable to me, such as healthcare.
saspool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 saspool
Member since 2006 • 128 Posts

I just noticed how much the discussion has diverted from the original topic. It's interesting how simple topics yield to such discussions. :)

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts
So he can help you pass spelling class.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

Who doesn't want more money(*in general*)? lol.

Anyway, Bill Gates is using his money to help people around the world. Yeah...he's really not a greedy miser, at least not anymore. 

Shad0ki11
but Microsoft is.
pins_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 pins_basic
Member since 2003 • 11521 Posts

Microsoft was trying to buy GTA IV and other PS3 exclusives to make more money ? Bill Gate I have like $20 do you want it ?

PS2 - Xbox

Ipod - Zune

Iphone - Smartphone

PS3 - xbox 360

windows apple - Vista

6-4Impala
Ignorant post of the day.