Who won E3 2014? (POLL)

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Who won E3 2014? (POLL) (598 votes)

Microsoft 22%
Sony 34%
Nintendo 38%
EA 1%
Ubisoft 4%

Who?

Nintendo was funniest and showed most new games we never seen before or knew.

• 
StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#301 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Zero_epyon said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Zero_epyon said:

@StormyJoe said:

LOL at people voting for Sony. Just goes to prove that objectivity does not exist in these forums, and the majority of people here are cud chewers.

Because it's plain impossible for the majority to actually like Sony? Looks at the sales numbers...

This gen is 7 months old, and people like you are claiming some sort of Sony victory... LOL.

When did I say that? PS4 is more popular this time around. Are you denying that?

No. I am saying that it is selling better at the moment. But, lets be honest here, it's not like everyone has gotten into next gen yet. What will happen when the 150 million plus who had a PS3 and 360 decide to buy a new console? What's to say that the PS4 is more popular right now with early adopters only? Are those early adopters PS3 owners who would have never bought a Microsoft console? What are the Wii users (who were gamers) going to do?

I don't have answers to any of those questions, and neither do you. It's far to early to make blanket statements like "Because it's plain impossible for the majority to actually like Sony? Looks at the sales numbers"

Well my statement still stands and you just backed it up. "I am saying that it is selling better at the moment." So what's wrong with what I said? Sony's PS4 is more popular than Xbox One at the moment, so it's not impossible for Sony to be winning in a poll. But what's even funnier is that Nintendo has been leading the poll this whole time, yet you didn't bother calling this forum sheep spot. Agenda?

No agenda. I voted for Nintendo as well.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#302 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Zero_epyon said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Zero_epyon said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Zero_epyon said:

@StormyJoe said:

LOL at people voting for Sony. Just goes to prove that objectivity does not exist in these forums, and the majority of people here are cud chewers.

Because it's plain impossible for the majority to actually like Sony? Looks at the sales numbers...

This gen is 7 months old, and people like you are claiming some sort of Sony victory... LOL.

When did I say that? PS4 is more popular this time around. Are you denying that?

No. I am saying that it is selling better at the moment. But, lets be honest here, it's not like everyone has gotten into next gen yet. What will happen when the 150 million plus who had a PS3 and 360 decide to buy a new console? What's to say that the PS4 is more popular right now with early adopters only? Are those early adopters PS3 owners who would have never bought a Microsoft console? What are the Wii users (who were gamers) going to do?

I don't have answers to any of those questions, and neither do you. It's far to early to make blanket statements like "Because it's plain impossible for the majority to actually like Sony? Looks at the sales numbers"

Well my statement still stands and you just backed it up. "I am saying that it is selling better at the moment." So what's wrong with what I said? Sony's PS4 is more popular than Xbox One at the moment, so it's not impossible for Sony to be winning in a poll. But what's even funnier is that Nintendo has been leading the poll this whole time, yet you didn't bother calling this forum sheep spot. Agenda?

So what are you complaining about?

helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#303 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts

Nintendo definitely. I teared up a bit after seeing the games coming out for wii u. My money is ready now for a wii u. I've been patient and it has paid off.

Avatar image for deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
Member since 2012 • 1173 Posts

Nintendo crushed it this year and I don't think anyone saw it coming. I was expecting a fairly underwhelming show but they seemed to have pulled their finger out somewhat and actually created games I want to play. Sony came a very close second and the PS4 seems like it will be my console of choice seeing as the XBONE looks dire and their E3 was just a big pile of meh.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By StormyJoe

@Zero_epyon said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Zero_epyon said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Zero_epyon said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Zero_epyon said:

@StormyJoe said:

Sony didn't do anything stupid, but they didn't win anything either. They had no huge announcements like Nintendo and they listed fewer games than MS. They had a solid show, that's it. As far as I'm concerned, the only people who could say Sony "won" are ardent fanboys.

The only sites where I have seen any journalists say Sony won is Forbes and the sites who quoted the Forbes article - and that guy said Sony won because they looked more confident on stage - which is the biggest bunch of bullshit I have heard in quite some time.

What am I complaining about? People like you acting as though this gen is over, and that Sony won. That's what gets under my skin because it is such an audaciously fallacious statement to make when the current gen is 1/2 a year old.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Zero_epyon said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Zero_epyon said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Zero_epyon said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Zero_epyon said:

@StormyJoe said:

Sony didn't do anything stupid, but they didn't win anything either. They had no huge announcements like Nintendo and they listed fewer games than MS. They had a solid show, that's it. As far as I'm concerned, the only people who could say Sony "won" are ardent fanboys.

The only sites where I have seen any journalists say Sony won is Forbes and the sites who quoted the Forbes article - and that guy said Sony won because they looked more confident on stage - which is the biggest bunch of bullshit I have heard in quite some time.

What am I complaining about? People like you acting as though this gen is over, and that Sony won. That's what gets under my skin because it is such an audaciously fallacious statement to make when the current gen is 1/2 a year old.

When did I say the gen is over? You're not making any sense. You call Gamespot Cowspot because Sony is second place in a poll and the company you voted for is winning. You're being a clown again.

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307  Edited By Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

This E3 was very boring to me. The second half of 2014 looks pretty dull. I only own a PS4 and it easily has the worst exclusive line up out of the big three for the rest of the year. MS and Nintendo line up isn't much better though. Guess my vote goes to MS this time. 2015 please get here fast.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

ITT: Bitter crying lems

Avatar image for deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309  Edited By deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
Member since 2012 • 546 Posts

Who had the most variety? Who showed the most gameplay? Who showed the less CGi? Who was most in in sync with their audience?

These are all important factors in judging who won E3.

screenshot4.jpgscreenshot1.jpgscreenshot2.jpgscreenshot7.jpgscreenshot1.jpgscreenshot9.jpgscreenshot3.jpgscreenshot2.jpgscreenshot4.jpg

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

No option for pc? This e3 has just reinforced the validity of my pc purchase two years ago.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
Member since 2012 • 546 Posts

It's just funny how people say Sony won when they talked the most, showed the most TV, showed the most CG, showed the most multi-plats, but didn't show the most exclusive.

I'll never get this bias for Sony.

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By -Blasphemy-
Member since 2005 • 3369 Posts

although ima big playstation fan i give it to m$, they had the best exclusives to me out of the big 3. nintendo is just not my cup of tea anymore. ubisoft had the best conference imo.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 StormyJoe

@finalstar2007 said:

Easily Sony.. they showed game after game after game it was game announcements one after the other:

• Bloodborne
  • Infamous First Light ( Stand alone game )
  • LBP3 ( my most wanted game right now for this year )
  • Ratchet and Clank Re-imagine
  • Uncharted 4
  • Intwined
  • Suda51 game
  • The Order ( truly hyped for this )
  • a bunch of timed exclusive indie games
  • bunch of exclusive DLC content
  • PSVita TV $99
  • White PS4 bundle
  • PSNow Open Beta next month
  • BF4 Hardline beta available right now for PS4 owners
  • a lot of focus on free to play games with one of the highest scoring F2P game planetside 2 coming to PS4
  • all that not counting the epic multiplats which will be better on PS4

9.5/10

And Microsoft didn't?

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

I liked Microsoft´s games way more than Sony´s. Also Nintendo´s digital conference was nice, they showed some interesting things. (Bayonetta 2 hype) Sony was surprisingly uninteresting. The Order is going to be linear as **** and the 'cinema' aspect ratio is just flat out ridiculous. My opinion of course. Am hyped for PS Now though.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#315 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@Heil68 said:

SW's has spoken. SONY wins again.

According to SW nintendo won E3.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Microsoft has a lot of goodness coming out in 2014. Sony showed a lot of stuff that we have to wait for in 2015. Would have been nice if Sony had more slated for 2014.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#317 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Based on the actual conferences, Nintendo did extremely well.

Tons of new exclusives, new IP's and even the resurrection of something everyone thought dead (Devil's Third).

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

Surprisingly enough, as a PS gamer, I was impressed more so with MS and Nintendo conferences than Sony's.

MS and Nintendo both bounced back with games. Sony did as well, but they were left floundering in the middle.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#319 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts
  1. Nintendo(Super Smash Bros and Zelda)
  2. Sony (Uncharted 4 and Grim Fandango)
  3. Ubisoft (Valiant Hearts)
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@super600 said:

@Heil68 said:

A good victory for Nintendo. It was a hard fought battle!

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@RogueStatus28 said:

It's just funny how people say Sony won when they talked the most, showed the most TV, showed the most CG, showed the most multi-plats, but didn't show the most exclusive.

I'll never get this bias for Sony.

Sony could have showed us an empty brown box and talked about it for 2 hours and Cows would still think they won.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178849 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

You can say that about any fan boy base......people see what they want to see here. Nothing more...nothing less.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#323 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

pc because we got 60+ games out of it

_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

if u don't think sony won e3 ur brain got mental problems. sony showed the best games the best new ips the best hardware the best mult. every gaming sight saying sony won by a landslide nuff said. sony wins another e3 s.ony w.ins a.nother g.en

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#325 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

Who cares? We know next to nothing about most of the games shown there. When we get to play all the games, then we can say who actually won.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@lostrib said:

there should be an option for none

A tie is how I saw it. Except I didn't like Sony talking about TV crap. It has no place in a E3 gaming conference.

Platinumstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By Platinumstorm
Member since 2003 • 114 Posts

I voted Nintendo, but I didn't feel anyone was particularly strong this year and feel it's one of the worst E3s I've witnessed.

I don't take into consideration multiplatform games because I usually do those on PC.

Favorite games:

Xenoblade, Mortal Kombat, Batman

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Only watched Sony's conference.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Nintendo is still going. They just announced a new IP for the 3DS like an hour ago.

Nintendo bouncing back. Great E3 for them. They win.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#331 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

as much as i'd like to stay with sony, it's clear that Microsoft is the only company who is focused on providing the best exclusive games for their console. this e3 has made me decide to trade in my ps4 for a Microsoft Xbox One.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#332 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

If anything I am a cow and had to give it to Nintendo this year.

Microsoft's conference was kinda meh, but they stuck with games at least.

Sony pulling out TV made me facepalm. That being said Beast looked Beast. LBP3 looked interesting. Their NA exec was a pain to watch. Literally.

IAmMcGruber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 IAmMcGruber
Member since 2014 • 1451 Posts

@finalstar2007: MS was literally game after game after game. Sony took breaks to talk about other stuff.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22378 Posts

I think everyone had a solid E3... but I think MS won. Just.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

If Sony didn't ramble on about crap for 40 minutes I would had given the conference to them. Even though I think LBP3 is more of the same tired franchise, at least it had genuine live gameplay, mistakes and all which I loved, much better than CGI trailers or scripted gameplay played on PC's that everyone but Nintendo showed.

I actually think Nintendo won if we include the Treehouse and Smash tournament sections, They played what seemed like a full hour of Xenoblade Chronicles X and that was beyond amazing, best game of the show hands down. The Smash tournament was mind blowing and the hype in the crowd and the commentators made it spectacular, that game is going to be huge. Then there's Zelda, Bayonetta 1 and 2 bundled together. Nintendo actually was ready with its games to show and play to the world.

On main conferences alone, I'd give it to Microsoft, there pacing was brilliant, that conference went so fast, while Sony's felt like it was twice as long as it should had been.

IAmMcGruber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 IAmMcGruber
Member since 2014 • 1451 Posts

@StormyJoe: Damn, I must be out of the loop. Nintendo is actually winning? Every game is just to cartoony for my taste. MS had 30 games, and several were actual exclusives. Not timed, but actual exclusives. Sony had several multiplats as well, and yes exclusives too. For me, MS is a clear win. I bought a console for games, I could give two shits about TV (I have never bothered with MS TV mumbo jumbo crap). So when MS came out with literally ALL games, I was hooked.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#338 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Gamers did. Sony and Microsoft went all out and it was glorious, even Nintendo did better than expected and 3rd parties deliivered too. Crazy E3.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#339 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@super600 said:

@Heil68 said:

A good victory for Nintendo. It was a hard fought battle!

Speak_Low is not taking it well lol.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

I honestly think that Nintendo had the best conference of all of them. I am definitely excited to finally see a game starring Toad.

xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

Nintendo dominated and is apparently still going. Microsoft had all games, and some cool surprises like Phantom Dust. Sony was boring until the the GTA V announcement.

gargungulunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#342 gargungulunk
Member since 2011 • 736 Posts

I agree with the original post...Nintendo showed off the most games the we didn't already know about.

There are a lot of multi-plat titles coming out, next year, but Nintendo announced some exclusives that seem to have a lot of potential.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@M8ingSeezun said:

Surprisingly enough, as a PS gamer, I was impressed more so with MS and Nintendo conferences than Sony's.

MS and Nintendo both bounced back with games. Sony did as well, but they were left floundering in the middle.

If it wasn't for that near disastrous middle section sony would have probably beaten ms in my opinion.Sony started out good, but there conference decline in terms of quality after that.

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts

Where's the option for Halo fans :D

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

It seems the poll keeps going back and forth with sony and Nintendo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#346 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@finalfantasy94 said:

At best Sony has tied with Nintendo. Nintendo has been in the lead for a day now.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

At best Sony has tied with Nintendo. Nintendo has been in the lead for a day now.

No sony and nintendo has been trading leads.I wouldint be shocked tommorow if sony is ahead after all its just a 2% difference in votes.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23929 Posts
@finalfantasy94 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

No sony and nintendo has been trading leads.I wouldint be shocked tommorow if sony is ahead after all its just a 2% difference in votes.

From what I have seen Nintendo's gap has only been increasing. And not just for this poll.

Here are the current results for a poll with 1344 users.

Yesterday the results were at around 60% for Nintendo.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By StormyJoe

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

You can say that about any fan boy base......people see what they want to see here. Nothing more...nothing less.

I suppose that is true.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By StormyJoe

@iammcgruber said:

@StormyJoe: Damn, I must be out of the loop. Nintendo is actually winning? Every game is just to cartoony for my taste. MS had 30 games, and several were actual exclusives. Not timed, but actual exclusives. Sony had several multiplats as well, and yes exclusives too. For me, MS is a clear win. I bought a console for games, I could give two shits about TV (I have never bothered with MS TV mumbo jumbo crap). So when MS came out with literally ALL games, I was hooked.

i just thought that of the three, Nintendo did the best job of answering critiques and pleasing their fan base. I don't know if there was a clear-cut E3 "winner", but I think they had the best presentation.