Who are the most talented developers this gen in your opinion?

• 63 results
Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'll still give Naughty Dog a nod on this because they do great work on single player. They horribly screwed the pooch on Uncharted's multiplayer this gen though.

Capcom also made a notable return. Ubisoft did great with earlier Assassins Creed games and For Honor.

Also a shout out to Asobo who did A Plague Tale. Great game.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11281 Posts

Naught Dog : The Last of Us 2 and Uncharted 4

Kojima Productions: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Death Stranding.

Rockstar North : Grand Theft Auto V & Red Dead Redemption II.

Those 3 are the best devs of the generation by a land slide. Others don't come close.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45107 Posts

@jaydan said:

@SolidGame_basic: To be honest I never played Arms either, but I love the character's design and the music and stage she came with. These games have always been good at introducing players to other franchises. I'm sure anyone that's been playing the Smash series since the N64 days, have been introduced to at least one franchise to Smash's credit.

The truth about Smash Bros., I don't usually play or select characters based on them being from franchises I love.

One of my mains happen to be Mr. Game & Watch. I mostly identify with this character because of Smash, not because I'm some Game & Watch fanboy. Lol

Thing about Banjo-Kazooie, I've been wanting this one in Smash since the Melee days, and what do I do when the duo is finally added? Hardly play as them, that's what. Lol I'm just happy to have them in the game after so many years.

I didn't have significant attachment to Terry Bogard so I wasn't expecting him to turn out to be my favorite part about the DLC.

That's one thing about the Smash series some outsiders kinda miss. A lot of people aren't selecting fighters based on their favorite series but rather we find the ones that feel most right to our own play styles.

Dude, my Switch came early today! Installing Smash haha.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 SolidGame_basic  Online

@jaydan: Min Min feels unique. Very floaty type character. It's not my natural play style but it's cool for when you want to play something different.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#55 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Probably Rockstar with their attention to detail, if GTA5 and RDR2 are anything to go by.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#56  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

Naughty Dog immediately comes to mind. They bleed an absurd amount of performance out of the Playstation platform.

... and yet their games run at 30fps. LOL

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts
  • Devolver digital
  • Frictional Games
  • WayForward
  • Team Cherry
  • Yacht Club Games
  • Moon Studios
jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: I think Min Min is going to be that response fighter, which I think is good to consider how we choose our secondary fighters. Better to differentiate our mains from our secondaries, because we'll have greater range in how we handle different scenarios. Min Min I can see with a strong advantage in certain matchups.

So what newcomers would you hope to have?

I think Crash Bandicoot, Sora and Master Chief would be internet breakingly good choices. Most of all I just want Geno. I'd really love to see Travis Touchdown as well.

There's a lot of support for Steve from Minecraft, as well as Doom Slayer, Rayman, Spyro - I'd be cool with these ones as well.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#59 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

@BassMan said:
@YearoftheSnake5 said:

Naughty Dog immediately comes to mind. They bleed an absurd amount of performance out of the Playstation platform.

... and yet their games run at 30fps. LOL

That's the console standard for their best graphical settings in ~7 y/o hardware though. Static 1080p, almost perfect 30 fps unlike the old last of us on PS3.

RDR2 sp, metro, PT, Destiny 2, FF7R, ACU, TRaiders, etc. afaik are mostly 30 afaik.

Sadly, the 2018 trailer was faked.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#60  Edited By deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

Rya Ga Gotoku

Capcom

From Software

Square Enix

Atlus

Tango Gameworks

Santa Monica

Naughty Dog

Insomniac Games

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2929 Posts

Ubisoft. Yeah, just send me hate replies if you disagree, but I actually really enjoyed Assassin's Creed Origins/Odyssey, Far Cry 5 and Child of Light. And no, I never bought any of that microtransaction garbage. I just played the games as they were.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 SolidGame_basic  Online

@jaydan said:

@SolidGame_basic: I think Min Min is going to be that response fighter, which I think is good to consider how we choose our secondary fighters. Better to differentiate our mains from our secondaries, because we'll have greater range in how we handle different scenarios. Min Min I can see with a strong advantage in certain matchups.

So what newcomers would you hope to have?

I think Crash Bandicoot, Sora and Master Chief would be internet breakingly good choices. Most of all I just want Geno. I'd really love to see Travis Touchdown as well.

There's a lot of support for Steve from Minecraft, as well as Doom Slayer, Rayman, Spyro - I'd be cool with these ones as well.

Crash Bandicoot would be cool, but I'm not excited for the upcoming game. It looks more or less the same, and in this day of gaming, they really should have done more to innovate the game. I'm also not crazy about his new design. I could see Sora happening, but I wouldn't be too excited for it. Master Chief would be out of place in my opinion. Travis Touchdown would be very interesting! Especially since they are working on the Third game, and I hope the rumors of the HD collection are true. I did not play the originals. I'm not familiar with Geno. Minecraft would be eh. Rayman would probably fit in, but I don't care about the character. We haven't seen a new one in over a generation. Doom Slayer would be out of place lol. I think out of all of the ones you mentioned, Travis Touchdown would be cool. I can't think of one myself at the moment, you had a lot of good ideas lol.

Cloud_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By Cloud_Man
Member since 2020 • 201 Posts

For me return of Monolith was a good surprise. I'd say Shadow of Mordor was one of the best new series of this gen. Also Larian Studios