- Naughty Dog - very rarely does a developer make a game with a good story, good writing, good gameplay, and at the same time, pushes the medium forward. Naughty Dog is one of those developers!
- Platinum Games - their games are not really known for story or writing, but their gameplay is almost always incredible and innovative. Platinum is the best action game developer in my opinion.
- Hideo Kojima - super talented guy who always tries to change the way we play games and think about them. Only problem is that he needs someone to reign him in a little lol.
- Capcom - when they want to, they can make really great games. When they focus less on monetization, and more on just gameplay, they rock.
- Nintendo - they know how to make fun games. They may not have the most depth, and story isn't really their forte, but they make games that are fun. They always put fun first.
- Sony Santa Monica - God of War was incredible. I hope they don't lose focus and continue with the great work they did. They needed inspiration and the reboot gave them that.
- From Software - they made Bloodborne. 'nuff said.
- Playground Games - definitely Xbox's best developer, and Forza Horizon is the best racing game.
Honorable mention: Square Enix for FF7 Remake. This was the most inspired Square Enix game in a long time. I hope they continue the great work!
Damn, I nearly listed half the industry there lol. What about you, SW? Who are the most talented developers this gen in your opinion?