Which Wii U/3DS game do you want to see on the Switch the most?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

Poll Which Wii U/3DS game do you want to see on the Switch the most? (53 votes)

Super Smash Bros. 23%
Xenoblade Chronicles X 6%
Pokemon Sun/Moon 13%
Super Mario 3D World 0%
Super Mario Maker 8%
Bayonetta 2 32%
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze 4%
Other (Please Specify) 15%

In an ideal world, all of these games will make it over to the Switch, but if you had to pick just one, which one would it be?

I'm going to go with Pokemon. I really hope Pokemon Stars is coming soon...

No Caption Provided

• 
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#51 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

not including W101 on the poll... smh

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Wind Waker HD

Though i can play this via dolphin i want to play this on a console with a controller built for it. Also all the mario games on the wii u.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#53 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

None of them. I'd like new games pls.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@PikminWorld said:

I'd rather just have sequels to any of those than a port of the same game.

I wouldn't.....

Well, not the competitive/party franchises anyway.

Why waste company resources on Mario Kart 9 when 8 is just... how do you even get better? just add more DLC tracks/characters if they want.

Same with Smash? why waste the resources starting from scratch again? for what purpose?

But single player franchises yea new games are better. Wouldn't mind some 3DS ports though.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By jg4xchamp
@MBirdy88 said:

I

Why waste company resources on Mario Kart 9 when 8 is just... how do you even get better? just add more DLC tracks/characters if they want.

Same with Smash? why waste the resources starting from scratch again? for what purpose?

Potentially true about Mario Kart, not exactly true about Smash Bros. As much as Smash 4 is a much much much much much much much much much much much much better game than Brawl (which is a piece of shit) it's still a class or two below what Melee is as a game. And a fighting engine more in line with Melee's best aspects would easily be welcomed, albeit Sakurai is probably never gonna go that route again because he's secretly a hack.

That and the Bayonetta character in that game needs to be completely redone. In their weird effort to go and make the character play like she does in her own game, they completely missed the wildly different goals of a single player beat-em up like Bayonetta (player expression, where all those cancels n combo potential isn't a lack of balance, as much as an actual selling point) and a fighting game (where you want moves where whiffing leads to punishment, and oh yeah Bayonetta can **** you up in seconds because you can barely punish her).

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 jg4xchamp

@princeofshapeir said:

not including W101 on the poll... smh

Can the Switch even do a TV and pad thing? Because that's a reasonably important part of that game. You'd have to at the least rework some of the drawings that are better suited for a tablet, even if most of your drawing is done on the analog for the combos. And in the case of its mix ups, a lot of them rely on a pad, with you being able to use the TV as a bonus to give yourself a different view.

Of all the WiiU games, that's actually one that uses the pad enough that the transfer to Switch probably isn't possible. Even if it is the 2nd best game on that platform. Wel...I guess third now because of Zelda.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@jg4xchamp said:

Potentially true about Mario Kart, not exactly true about Smash Bros. As much as Smash 4 is a much much much much much much much much much much much much better game than Brawl (which is a piece of shit) it's still a class or two below what Melee is as a game. And a fighting engine more in line with Melee's best aspects would easily be welcomed, albeit Sakurai is probably never gonna go that route again because he's secretly a hack.

That and the Bayonetta character in that game needs to be completely redone. In their weird effort to go and make the character play like she does in her own game, they completely missed the wildly different goals of a single player beat-em up like Bayonetta (player expression, where all those cancels n combo potential isn't a lack of balance, as much as an actual selling point) and a fighting game (where you want moves where whiffing leads to punishment, and oh yeah Bayonetta can **** you up in seconds because you can barely punish her).

At times I think Melee was a fluke.

And yeah Brawl was a piece of shit lol.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 jg4xchamp

@Juub1990 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

At times I think Melee was a fluke.

And yeah Brawl was a piece of shit lol.

It is a fluke, the speed of that game though isn't, surely even he can regonize characters in Melee move quicker n faster. But a lot of the animation cancels and higher level play of Melee is all by accident or a product of how those systems interlinked together to make those mix ups happen (kind of like combos being a glitch in street fighter at first). The difference is, Capcom embraced that side of their game, and as a result created newer games that also would have some hidden mechanic that Capcom didn't even think up (just a product of how the different mechanics work together), and again continued to embrace them.

Where as Sakurai is like "Whoa, I don't actually want to make a good game, my game is for a party, and nothing says party like making the player hate the fucking gameplay and make it random n shit".