Which Wii U/3DS game do you want to see on the Switch the most?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

Poll Which Wii U/3DS game do you want to see on the Switch the most? (53 votes)

Super Smash Bros. 23%
Xenoblade Chronicles X 6%
Pokemon Sun/Moon 13%
Super Mario 3D World 0%
Super Mario Maker 8%
Bayonetta 2 32%
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze 4%
Other (Please Specify) 15%

In an ideal world, all of these games will make it over to the Switch, but if you had to pick just one, which one would it be?

I'm going to go with Pokemon. I really hope Pokemon Stars is coming soon...

No Caption Provided

• 
Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

The only gaming related thing in my mind is Persona 5. I wouldn't mind a Switch version of that on the go. Out of the confirmed titles, Fire Emblem.

*edit* Oh Wii/U3DS titles on Switch? Smash I guess.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2  Edited By deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

I'd rather just have sequels to any of those than a port of the same game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@PikminWorld said:

The sequels will come, and in many cases, are already announced- but these are all great games that I'd love to be able to play on an actual civilized system for a change

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Renegade_Fury  Online
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

I can't think of a game that I'd want. Maybe Pokken, since my brother has a love/hate relationship with it, and Namco never bothered to give the Wii U version any updates.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

@charizard1605 said:
@PikminWorld said:

The sequels will come, and in many cases, are already announced- but these are all great games that I'd love to be able to play on an actual civilized system for a change

Did you just call the Wii U an uncivilized savage? ;p

I agree, to a certain extent, that it'd be good for people who have never played them. Yet, I don't want to see the same games regurgitated. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was somewhat difficult to go for since they added no new tracks, but the battle mode and other enhancements were enticing enough for me. Like hopefully Mario Kart 8 Deluxe doesn't substitute Mario Kart 9, but I'm pretty sure they said a new one was coming?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@PikminWorld said:
@charizard1605 said:
@PikminWorld said:

I agree, to a certain extent, that it'd be good for people who have never played them. Yet, I don't want to see the same games regurgitated. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was somewhat difficult to go for since they added no new tracks, but the battle mode and other enhancements were enticing enough for me. Like hopefully Mario Kart 8 Deluxe doesn't substitute Mario Kart 9, but I'm pretty sure they said a new one was coming?

A new Mario Kart was never confirmed. I'd hoenstly rather they just keep doing DLC for 8 Deluxe, what will a Mario Kart 9 actually do at this point?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

@charizard1605 said:

A new Mario Kart was never confirmed. I'd hoenstly rather they just keep doing DLC for 8 Deluxe, what will a Mario Kart 9 actually do at this point?

Who knows, maybe a bare-bones story mode? Always room for new characters, tracks, not sure about a graphical upgrade (maybe new art style?), new modes, etc. Most challenging part would be finding a way to make the core gameplay and mechanics fresh. The zero-gravity race tracks were cool, but didn't do a whole lot, at least in my opinion. Nintendo is good at finding surprising twists though.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#8 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Smash Bros and Mario Maker are the big ones. Pokemon... I'm in no rush to replay Sun and Moon as the games were so damn restricting, so that depends on what they bring to the table in a Switch version.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@PikminWorld said:
@charizard1605 said:

Who knows, maybe a bare-bones story mode? Always room for new characters, tracks, not sure about a graphical upgrade (maybe new art style?), new modes, etc. Most challenging part would be finding a way to make the core gameplay and mechanics fresh. The zero-gravity race tracks were cool, but didn't do a whole lot, at least in my opinion. Nintendo is good at finding surprising twists though.

Yeah, but all of that can be done as DLC

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#10 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

I'd like to see Smash Bros make another Switch appearance, but with the option to play at Melee-like speeds :P.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#11 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

I dont really want anymore tbh, but push comes to shove its Bayo 2 I would be most okay with

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46279 Posts

Would love to see both Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze on Switch.

There, I listed both a 3DS and a Wii U game ^^

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Kid Icarus: HD Uprising, Kirby games, and Smash Bros. Bring Sakurai to the Switch!

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@PikminWorld said:
@charizard1605 said:
@PikminWorld said:

Make changes to the game that would feel too out of place with Mario Kart 8's balance and design.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Maroxad

Link and other third party characters are cameos. But a Mario Kart 9 could properly integrate the likes of Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Fire Emblem, Excite, F-Zero and many more into the core of the game's design rather than these non mario stuff being mere additions.

Another thing is mechanical changes which would screw up existing map design, would be well fitted into a new game.

More indepth vehicle customization which would be completely incompatitable with Mario Kart 8's system.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Monster Hunter Double-Generations

Kjtc1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17 Kjtc1979
Member since 2017 • 365 Posts

Wii U: Super Smash Bros. That is the game my son plays most with his friends, and I would like to put the Wii U away and just have a Switch dock connected to both TVs.

For 3DS, I'd love a Professor Layton or an Ace Attorney collection.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

All the SMT DS and 3DS games.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#19 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

@Legend002: I would love a Switch version of Persona 5. I would go sell my PS4 right now if there was one

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

My dream: complete remakes of SMT1, SMT2, and a remaster of SMT3 for Switch. Toss in a rerelease of SMT4 for good measure and we have the entire series on one platform.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I'd like a "Best of" Series for the Switch.

I would LOVE it if Nintendo put the Remastered N64 games on the Switch. Star Fox 64 3D in 1080p would be amazing and so would Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask 3D.

It would also be cool if they put all the 3DS Fire Emblem games on Switch in preparation for Fire Emblem Warriors or the 2018 game.

For Wii U Bayonetta 2 is obvious, but what about games that were initially censored for the west? Re-Releasing Fatal Frame Maiden of Black Water and Tokyo Mirage Sessions would benefit Switch by reinstating the censored content in those games. Also Re-Releasing Tokyo Mirage Sessions would probably help out since that game didn't really see much love.

The last Wii U game I'd recommend Nintendo porting over is Pokken Tournament. There is an Updated version of the game out in Arcades, but no Console version. Would sure be great to play as Darkrai or Scissor.

@mmmwksil said:

My dream: complete remakes of SMT1, SMT2, and a remaster of SMT3 for Switch. Toss in a rerelease of SMT4 for good measure and we have the entire series on one platform.

A Shin Megami Tensei collection would be amazing!

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#22 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

From the Wii U, I would like to see Xenoblade Chronicles X, and I hope that it expands the story further, since the game ended in a cliffhanger/felt that I was just playing a very long prologue and when the story was just about to start it ends

From the 3DS, Kid Ikarus Uprising, Xenoblade (I know its a port of a Wii game, but the 3DS version was just there to show the capabilities of the "New Nintendo 3DS")

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Xenoblade Chronicles X. Add a few extra quests to the end and I'm sold!

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Bayo 2 would be day 1 territory for me, but I'd also like to see Mario Maker and Wonderful 101.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

From a strictly business perspective, it would make complete sense for them to port their WiiU catalogue titles to the Switch. For having already taken on the expense of the development internally, or the cost of 3rd party publishing rights, it would be dollars for cents bringing those titles to the far more popular platform.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Etrian Odyssey series, SMT series, Bravely Default, Monster Hunter?...& Bayonetta 2. :P

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts
@freedom01 said:

From the Wii U, I would like to see Xenoblade Chronicles X, and I hope that it expands the story further, since the game ended in a cliffhanger/felt that I was just playing a very long prologue and when the story was just about to start it ends

& ^ this if they ever want to release on Switchy..I don't care if its DLC/expansion. :P

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Tropical Freeze is definitely the highest quality title of that list. I'd be head over heels for that.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

I think that I'd most want Super Smash Bros. ported from the Wii U to the Switch. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will be this year so that's covered. It might be awhile for a Super Smash Bros. sequel so a port of the Wii U game would keep me busy until then.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@PikminWorld said:

This pretty much.

Enough with remasters/reversions etc ( something sheep themselfs were laughing on PS4 mainly for because of its remasters etc ) and lets focus to whats next as of sequels and new IPs.

Thats what matters most and thats what you all fans should you focus on.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia, you should have added that @charizard1605

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Bayo 2 by far. Xeno X seems to be coming to Switch anyway, so if Switch gets Bayo 2, I really don't have to worry about getting Wii U at all.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Maroxad

@mmmwksil said:

In regards to those remakes, Would you want SMT1 and 2 operate on their old ruleset? Or would their mechanics be more modernized to be more akin to later SMT games. You know, protagonists being able to use skills in combat, demons being able to level up, press turn, guns completely trivializing the game, ect?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Maroxad

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia, you should have added that @charizard1605

Honestly, I see the Fire Emblem Echoes subseries (lets hope) function better on the 3DS than on the Switch. I know you dont like awakening and fates. But the UI in those 2 games was absolutely amazing. And this was in part due to the dual screens.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

Because I never owned a wii/wii u, I want all the well liked ones. Rather they on the virtual console, or a remaster version

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Honestly, I see the Fire Emblem Echoes subseries (lets hope) function better on the 3DS than on the Switch. I know you dont like awakening and fates. But the UI in those 2 games was absolutely amazing. And this was in part due to the dual screens.

I liked Awakening more than Fates ;)

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mmmwksil
@Maroxad said:

In regards to those remakes, Would you want SMT1 and 2 operate on their old ruleset? Or would their mechanics be more modernized to be more akin to later SMT games. You know, protagonists being able to use skills in combat, demons being able to level up, press turn, guns completely trivializing the game, ect?

When I thought of this, I wasn't entirely against keeping the old ruleset for the most part, perhaps including some quality of life improvements along with modernizing the translation of skills and whatnot.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be against adapting the older games to use Press Turn, simply because I love it as a combat system. I haven't played SMT2 yet, and only played SMT1 for a few hours. After I burn through SMT3 I'll get on those, and see if Press Turn would fit better than what currently exists.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Maroxad

@FireEmblem_Man said:

I liked Awakening more than Fates ;)

As far as I am concerned

Conquest>Awakening>Revelations>Birthright

Conquest was one of the best fire emblem games to be released in the west.

@mmmwksil said:

When I thought of this, I wasn't entirely against keeping the old ruleset for the most part, perhaps including some quality of life improvements along with modernizing the translation of skills and whatnot.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be against adapting the older games to use Press Turn, simply because I love it as a combat system. I haven't played SMT2 yet, and only played SMT1 for a few hours. After I burn through SMT3 I'll get on those, and see if Press Turn would fit better than what currently exists.

Ahh, I dont need to tell you this since you probably already know, but SMT2 takes place after SMT1.

Some quality of life improvements could be nice though. Perhaps streamlining the demon dialogue a little bit. Which could easily be done merely through better writing.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mmmwksil

@Maroxad:

Yeah, I'm familiar with the broad strokes of both games' plots. I looked into them long before I considered playing the games.

Given the choice I'd opt for from-the-ground-up remakes of the two, with Press Turn as the combat system. Again, that's simply because I love Press Turn, which I feel rewards clever play and punishes mistakes quite brutally. Goes without saying that it's several steps above the One More used in Persona.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Maroxad

@mmmwksil said:

@Maroxad:

Yeah, I'm familiar with the broad strokes of both games' plots. I looked into them long before I considered playing the games.

Given the choice I'd opt for from-the-ground-up remakes of the two, with Press Turn as the combat system. Again, that's simply because I love Press Turn, which I feel rewards clever play and punishes mistakes quite brutally. Goes without saying that it's several steps above the One More used in Persona.

I will avoid talking about Persona to avoid sounding like a broken record.

But the press turn system is pretty decent, especially if the encounter design is well set up. Nocturne had some pretty good encounter design in the end of the game, which punished you for AoEing like a madman, unless you had pierce.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mmmwksil

@Maroxad:

Nocturne is proving to be quite fun, even if it can be a bit cheap at times. While I'm intent on playing the older games after, I must say I am tempted to go back to SMT4 and Apocalypse some time.

But as to not further derail this thread, let's end it here (or continue it elsewhere, such as the lounge).

Another game for Switch from Wii U catalog: Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#44 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69451 Posts

I want them to port every game that is on the WiiU. I have absolutely no problem re-buying my games. For some odd reason playing the same games on the Switch is drastically different to playing it on the WiiU. So Nintendo, port them all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
@Pedro said:

I want them to port every game that is on the WiiU.

Will you look at that, we agree on something.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pedro

@charizard1605 said:
@Pedro said:

Indeed we both desire repurchasing of the same games on the WiiU. That will definitely make the Switch stand above the rest.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Pedro said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Pedro said:

Indeed we both desire repurchasing of the same games on the WiiU. That will definitely make the Switch stand above the rest.

I don't know if it'll make it stand above the rest or not, but I'd definitely love that.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Pedro

@charizard1605 said:

I don't know if it'll make it stand above the rest or not, but I'd definitely love that.

Pushing my BS to the side for a moment, the Switch should have BC similar to the Xbox One for all digital purchases made on the WiiU from the EShop.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Pedro said:
@charizard1605 said:

Pushing my BS to the side for a moment, the Switch should have BC similar to the Xbox One for all digital purchases made on the WiiU from the EShop.

I agree, yes. In an ideal world, I would be able to play my Wii U library (which is largely digital) on the Switch without any issues, and with Switch enhancements. Microsoft has definitely elevated the game as far as BC goes.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Pokemon Stars woud be rad. A Smash 4 port or Mario Maker Port that have way more put into them than Mario Kart 8 Deluxe would have my interest as well.