Which platform turned out to be the biggest disappointment?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="PressXtoJump"]which is why the 360 is last place right?PressXtoJump
except its not

sells least worldwide every year, do the math

proof that the 360 is in last this gen?
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 PressXtoJump
Member since 2012 • 1484 Posts
[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] except its notmems_1224

when you start speaking truth, then its worth the proof
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] except its notmems_1224

Kinect

PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 PressXtoJump
another thread, another lemming ownage
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 StatusShuffle
Member since 2012 • 1908 Posts

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="PressXtoJump"] sells least worldwide every year, do the mathGue1

proof that the PS3 is in last this gen?

Wonderbook

Correct.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
The Wii is crap and never lived up to it's potential. Nearly all it's good games are in spite of it's design, not because of it. The 360 had RROD early on but that's fixed now. PS3 was too late, too dear, and got worse 3rd party support then the 360. I'd say PS2 to PS3 is the biggest drop in quality. Xbox to 360 was an improvement and Gamecube to Wii wasn't much of a difference.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] proof that the PS3 is in last this gen?StatusShuffle

Wonderbook

Correct.

It's "fix'd"... saying correct would imply that's his actual quote and you're agreeing with him.

And well, it's neither fix'd nor correct, so...

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
I never once had any intention of ever buying a 360, so it couldn't be a disappointment to me. But last gen I fully expected to be buying a Nintendo console along with a Sony console, but Nintendo let me down and I never bought a Wii. So the Wii gets my vote.
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 PressXtoJump
[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="Gue1"]

proof that the PS3 is in last this gen?mems_1224

Wonderbook

Correct.

last of us
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 mems_1224
[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"][QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="Gue1"]

Wonderbook

Correct.

last of us

halo 4
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 PressXtoJump
[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"][QUOTE="StatusShuffle"] Correct.mems_1224
last of us

halo 4

last of us 1 last guardian 1 agent 1 1
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 mems_1224
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="PressXtoJump"] last of usPressXtoJump
halo 4

too bad only one of those games is actually going to come out :lol: you aren't a very good troll
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 PressXtoJump
[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] halo 4mems_1224

too bad only one of those games is actually going to come out :lol: you aren't a very good troll

too bad your not cleo
ebrezzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ebrezzy1
Member since 2012 • 1427 Posts

let me clarify

Wii couldn't be picked cuz it was a disappointment for the start

PS3 started off bad ... but its the best going now so it can't be a disappointment

the 360 started off great ... now its a huge disappointment ... all thanks to kinect

which kinect killed off Kameo 2 officially and made star wars steel batallion crimson dragon all be controled by motion

this past E3 just proved MS don't care with having usher dance n CoD ending it all

they are now probably gonna kill off Gears of War now ... i bet that game won't be as good

PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 PressXtoJump
lol lemmings say last guardian, agent, beyond, last of us, ffvs13...none are coming out :lol: must think every game is a yearly reharsh dished out with no care and time. this aint a lineup of halo x, forza y, and fable z, lemming
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 PressXtoJump
lol lemmings say last guardian, agent, beyond, last of us, ffvs13...none are coming out :lol: must think every game is a yearly reharsh dished out with no care and time. this aint a lineup of halo x, forza y, and fable z, lemmingPressXtoJump
go ahead say it, every dev on every team must be on some long ass vacation and game development has been put on halt (like microsoft lmao)
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"]lol lemmings say last guardian, agent, beyond, last of us, ffvs13...none are coming out :lol: must think every game is a yearly reharsh dished out with no care and time. this aint a lineup of halo x, forza y, and fable z, lemmingPressXtoJump
go ahead say it, every dev on every team must be on some long ass vacation and game development has been put on halt (like microsoft lmao)

Are you insane? You are literally talking sh!t to yourself at this point :|
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 PressXtoJump
[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"][QUOTE="PressXtoJump"]lol lemmings say last guardian, agent, beyond, last of us, ffvs13...none are coming out :lol: must think every game is a yearly reharsh dished out with no care and time. this aint a lineup of halo x, forza y, and fable z, lemminglocopatho

Are you insane? You are literally talking sh!t to yourself at this point :|

lmao mmmmmmmm so much jelly
Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

the PC

Chris_Williams

Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Nohtnym
Member since 2010 • 1552 Posts

Nintendo Wii.

One of the best decisions I did this gen was selling wii, and buying 360. Playing cod4 and mass effect 1 for the first time. Wii games looked like sh*t :P

OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

It has to be the Wii,although Xbox360 has given it a run for its money lately with its lack of 1st party games and reliance on Kinect.PS3 started poorly but Sony have come through and will finish this gen strongly.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

i love blind fanboys

i call ps3

i have to always install my games

it has movies that attempt to pass as games

it's online sucks

i like some of it's exclusives but quantity isnt quality

360 has few exclusives but they have quality(also your welcome for mass effect and castle crashers cause it's how much we feel sorry for you)

the blu ray in ps3 is mostly for movies and the games themselves are made on the disc to hold more data. it really does nothing for gaming.

and quit getting your panties in a knot cause you have to pay 5$ monthly omg life isnt free get over it you trailer trash bums(i say that cause most ps3 owners called the 360 the poor mans console.shoes on the other foot huh?)

almasdeathchild

lol wow, you seem insecure.

no. i own a ps3 (my dust bunny farm) im just pointing it's flaws. i can point out 360's flaws if i wanted even if i prefer it more,i wont act like it's flawless

But none of your points make any sense
Codepix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Codepix
Member since 2012 • 58 Posts

Obviously the Xbox 360. It was great for a year after release and then it's garbage.

PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 PressXtoJump
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

lol wow, you seem insecure.parkurtommo
no. i own a ps3 (my dust bunny farm) im just pointing it's flaws. i can point out 360's flaws if i wanted even if i prefer it more,i wont act like it's flawless

lol "blu ray holds more data, but that does nothing for gaming" someone should quote that garbage
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 PressXtoJump

Obviously the Xbox 360. It was great for a year after release and then it's garbage.

Codepix
you mean the year original xbox titles were converted to 360 and gamers were fooled into thinking that was next gen?
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
The Playstation 3. Compared to the PS and PS2, it was a laughably bad console. It's exclusive lineup, at least for me, is one of the worst I have ever encountered. It's only real positive notes are 1) it spawned the Souls games, 2) it has free online, 3) it works as a Blu-ray player and 4) it has a pretty decent selection of indie games. I tried playing the inFamous demo a couple nights ago and I am (aside from the free online bit) kind of regretting getting one now. There are very few exclusives I have thoroughly enjoyed, and none I have a strong desire to ever return to (Demon's Souls was surpassed by Dark, and MGS4's online was shutdown). All that is left for me is some third party exclusives and Gran Turismo 5. Here's hoping the latter isn't a massive disappointment. Though... that free online bit is substantial, as it will be my multiplat console from now, till the end of the gen.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#78 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
Even as a nintendo fan I have to admit that the wii was the biggest let down. It had it's fair share of good games but nintendo could've done so much better with it.
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 StatusShuffle
[QUOTE="Zeviander"]The Playstation 3. Compared to the PS and PS2, it was a laughably bad console. It's exclusive lineup, at least for me, is one of the worst I have ever encountered. It's only real positive notes are 1) it spawned the Souls games, 2) it has free online, 3) it works as a Blu-ray player and 4) it has a pretty decent selection of indie games. I tried playing the inFamous demo a couple nights ago and I am (aside from the free online bit) kind of regretting getting one now. There are very few exclusives I have thoroughly enjoyed, and none I have a strong desire to ever return to (Demon's Souls was surpassed by Dark, and MGS4's online was shutdown). All that is left for me is some third party exclusives and Gran Turismo 5. Here's hoping the latter isn't a massive disappointment. Though... that free online bit is substantial, as it will be my multiplat console from now, till the end of the gen.

Third party.... ....Exclusives...... ...Like.... Gran Turismo 5..... AHAAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAH! WTF is wrong with you?
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 StatusShuffle
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]Even as a nintendo fan I have to admit that the wii was the biggest let down. It had it's fair share of good games but nintendo could've done so much better with it.

Thoughtyou were a Sega fan with that Shinobi username.
inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

I can't decide which let me down more? Wii with its lack of 3rd party, or the 360 with its lack of 1st party. :?

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="Zeviander"]The Playstation 3. Compared to the PS and PS2, it was a laughably bad console. It's exclusive lineup, at least for me, is one of the worst I have ever encountered. It's only real positive notes are 1) it spawned the Souls games, 2) it has free online, 3) it works as a Blu-ray player and 4) it has a pretty decent selection of indie games. I tried playing the inFamous demo a couple nights ago and I am (aside from the free online bit) kind of regretting getting one now. There are very few exclusives I have thoroughly enjoyed, and none I have a strong desire to ever return to (Demon's Souls was surpassed by Dark, and MGS4's online was shutdown). All that is left for me is some third party exclusives and Gran Turismo 5. Here's hoping the latter isn't a massive disappointment. Though... that free online bit is substantial, as it will be my multiplat console from now, till the end of the gen.

Third party.... ....Exclusives...... ...Like.... Gran Turismo 5..... AHAAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAH! WTF is wrong with you?

Reading comprehension level below zero detected!
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#83 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="Zeviander"]The Playstation 3. Compared to the PS and PS2, it was a laughably bad console. It's exclusive lineup, at least for me, is one of the worst I have ever encountered. It's only real positive notes are 1) it spawned the Souls games, 2) it has free online, 3) it works as a Blu-ray player and 4) it has a pretty decent selection of indie games. I tried playing the inFamous demo a couple nights ago and I am (aside from the free online bit) kind of regretting getting one now. There are very few exclusives I have thoroughly enjoyed, and none I have a strong desire to ever return to (Demon's Souls was surpassed by Dark, and MGS4's online was shutdown). All that is left for me is some third party exclusives and Gran Turismo 5. Here's hoping the latter isn't a massive disappointment. Though... that free online bit is substantial, as it will be my multiplat console from now, till the end of the gen.rjdofu

You do know Sony owns Polyphony Digital right? :?

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 rjdofu

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="StatusShuffle"] Third party.... ....Exclusives...... ...Like.... Gran Turismo 5..... AHAAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAH! WTF is wrong with you?The_Game21x

*face palm* Let me quote Zeviander's original sentence: "All that is left for me is some third party exclusives and Gran Turismo 5". How on earth does that implies GT5 is third party?
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#85 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"] Reading comprehension level below zero detected!rjdofu

*face palm* Let me quote Zeviander's original sentence: "All that is left for me is some third party exclusives and Gran Turismo 5". How on earth does that implies GT5 is third party?

Okay, I'm wrong. Wow. I totally thought there was a "like" in that sentence. :lol: I need some coffee.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 rjdofu

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

The_Game21x

Okay, I'm wrong. Wow. I totally thought there was a "like" in that sentence. :lol: I need some coffee.

:lol: at least you didn't jump the gun like the troll above. Situations like that always make me lol.
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 PressXtoJump
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

probably gonna need more than that. perhaps another ps3? s no need for 360 or defending it especially when your name is Game.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#88 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts
Probably WiiWare, I feel like it dropped off the radar years back.
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 StatusShuffle
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"] Reading comprehension level below zero detected!rjdofu

He edited the post, and if you quote a post he edited, it changes as well fool.
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#91 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

another thread, another lemming ownagePressXtoJump

another ispeakfact alt

milannoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 milannoir
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

Ok, let's remember 2006... Everybody said Wii was gonna bomb, 360 was gonna be OK, and PS3 was going to destroy everything.

So PS3 was by far the biggest dissapointment.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#93 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

The Wii for sure. I've enjoyed all 3 consoles this gen, but I really can't remember the last time I powered on the Wii.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

PS3 was the only dissapointment.

The Wii was cheap as hell, so it's faults are justified monetarily, and the 360 has some great games (and Skyrim doesn't lag).

PS3 has hardware issues with some games (like Skyrim), it was expensive as all hell, and the lineup was made of genres I just don't care for.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 themajormayor

The Wii was cheap as hell, so it's faults are justified monetarily, and the 360 has some great games (and Skyrim doesn't lag).

PS3 has hardware issues with some games (like Skyrim), it was expensive as all hell, and the lineup was made of genres I just don't care for.

WiiCubeM1

huh? Skyrim on 360 is attrocious with extreme screen tearing, jaggies, loading times and crap sound.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 WiiCubeM1

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

themajormayor

huh? Skyrim on 360 is attrocious with extreme screen tearing, jaggies, loading times and crap sound.

But no lag.

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 StatusShuffle

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

themajormayor

Well not as much when put next to the Ps3 version. When you only own consoles like he does what can you do?
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

WiiCubeM1

But no lag.

Yes there is lag. SLIGHTLY less than on PS3. But it can't compensate for all that screen tear.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 mems_1224
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]no. i own a ps3 (my dust bunny farm) im just pointing it's flaws. i can point out 360's flaws if i wanted even if i prefer it more,i wont act like it's flawlessPressXtoJump

lol "blu ray holds more data, but that does nothing for gaming" someone should quote that garbage

it doesnt really. waiting for a game to install takes longer than a disc swap ever would. then you get games like mgs 4 that have installs during the actual game. sure having one disc is nice, but it'd be better if i didnt have to do a 10-15 minute install every time i bought a new ps3 game
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 WiiCubeM1

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

themajormayor

But no lag.

Yes there is lag. SLIGHTLY less than on PS3. But it can't compensate for all that screen tear.

I feel you may have gone a little crazy.