Which platform turned out to be the biggest disappointment?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

Overpriced proprietary accessories.

RROD.

Live Fee's.

Live Fee Hike. ( So Activision could get a cut and M$ wouldn't lose out :lol: )

HD DVD failure.

Kinect.

No exclusives.

No games.

You know, in the beginning of this gen, the 360 actually had a few glimpses of potential, M$ made games, supported the console, supported core gaming, even with all it's problems it was a gaming machine, then they just gave up.

Maybe they just figured competing with Sony's vast array of AAA Blockbuster making studios was too dificult.

What's your choice?

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

dis_gona_be_good_gif.gif

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I see all the barbs are directed at the 360. You could've just done that and left the Wii out of it. :lol:

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

None!

Despite the shaky releases of both the 360(RRoD) and PS3($599),both platforms did well in the end,providing their communities with many games through the Gen...

Wii,while severely lacking in third-party support,still managed to provide its fanbase with many high-quality first-party titles...

In the end,no platform really flopped,or turned out as a dissapointment,judging by the sales,and game libraries...

In conclusion,just another boring and biased 360 bashing thread,only this one comes with the illusion of choice in the poll as the bonus ;)

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

Dat Wii ...

• It was suppose to bring in huge 3rd party titles due to it's unexpected finanical success. That never happened.
  • Last Gen Hardware
  • Online support was garbage
  • Huge droughts of must own titles

It was by far one of the worst consoles I've ever owned.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Your fanboyism is showing.And stupidity.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

Which platform turned out to be the biggest disappointment has to be the one in last place, PS3

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

Disappointment comes from expectation, and I had none for the 360... the Wii on the other hand, did disappoint me full.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

All platforms have their own individual strengths.

I don't think any have been disappointing to be honest.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

i love blind fanboys

i call ps3

i have to always install my games

it has movies that attempt to pass as games

it's online sucks

i like some of it's exclusives but quantity isnt quality

360 has few exclusives but they have quality(also your welcome for mass effect and castle crashers cause it's how much we feel sorry for you)

the blu ray in ps3 is mostly for movies and the games themselves are made on the disc to hold more data. it really does nothing for gaming.

and quit getting your panties in a knot cause you have to pay 5$ monthly omg life isnt free get over it you trailer trash bums(i say that cause most ps3 owners called the 360 the poor mans console.shoes on the other foot huh?)

WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WarTornRuston
Member since 2011 • 2712 Posts

Your poll is incomplete.

Please.......Would you kindly ask one of the better PS3 trolls to give you some lessons. The stuff you put up is really quite pathetic.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Both systems exceeded my expectations but if you're asking which we liked more, it's Wii for me. But neither was remotely a disappointment.
ebrezzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ebrezzy1
Member since 2012 • 1427 Posts

Xbox 360 for a fact

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

The wii, I sold mine.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 parkurtommo

i love blind fanboys

i call ps3

it's online sucks

360 has few exclusives but they have quality(also your welcome for mass effect and castle crashers cause it's how much we feel sorry for you)

the blu ray in ps3 is mostly for movies and the games themselves are made on the disc to hold more data. it really does nothing for gaming.

and quit getting your panties in a knot cause you have to pay 5$ monthly omg life isnt free get over it you trailer trash bums(i say that cause most ps3 owners called the 360 the poor mans console.shoes on the other foot huh?)

almasdeathchild
lol wow, you seem insecure.
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

i love blind fanboys

i call ps3

it's online sucks

parkurtommo

lol wow, you seem insecure.

no. i own a ps3 (my dust bunny farm) im just pointing it's flaws. i can point out 360's flaws if i wanted even if i prefer it more,i wont act like it's flawless

WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WarTornRuston
Member since 2011 • 2712 Posts

Xbox 360 for a fact

ebrezzy1
No.....That would be an opinion. Here are facts: Wii:: Underpowered Terrible Online Horrible 3rd party support Franchise fatigue PS3: Horrible installs and updates jaggies multiplatform games are inferior on most occasions 360: live is a rip off if you pay full price Microsoft is concentrating on the new 720 too early (lack of exclusive retail games) Kinect should not be a priority Anyone can come up with arguments against any console.
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

360, but only because of the steady decline in exclusive retail games.... and RROD. XBLA supplies me with a great selection though.
All consoles were great to me. I play my Wii, PS3, DS and PSP all the time.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
The Wii....it is just a dust collector in my room anymore.Horrible console....
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts

PS3,

why is there no option?

It's been flakey since its release,

Lack of games in the beginning, bad architecture for people to work with so multiplats were coming out with sub par quality, expensive, most of the exclusives focused to much on cinematic quality

The only thing that is wrong with 360 is having to pay to play online but the online is a better experience on 360, and they have had a lack of exclusives while 3rd party is chugging out amazing games.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#21 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

My biggest disappointment this gen is the Wii. By far.

I haven't even touched mine in over a year.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18257 Posts

The 360, there aren't many games that justify it aside from 1 or 2, the live feed is ridiculous specially if i can get the same experience by free in other platforms, Kinect is beyond awful and the whole, Halo...Gears...Forza year after year is lame.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
ps3, it doesnt do anything that isn't done better somewhere else.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Eddie-Vedder

Your poll is incomplete.

Please.......Would you kindly ask one of the better PS3 trolls to give you some lessons. The stuff you put up is really quite pathetic.

WarTornRuston

owned

MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts

Wii and PS3.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 parkurtommo

[QUOTE="ebrezzy1"]

Xbox 360 for a fact

WarTornRuston

No.....That would be an opinion. Here are facts: Wii:: Underpowered Terrible Online Horrible 3rd party support Franchise fatigue PS3: Horrible installs and updates jaggies multiplatform games are inferior on most occasions 360: live is a rip off if you pay full price Microsoft is concentrating on the new 720 too early (lack of exclusive retail games) Kinect should not be a priority Anyone can come up with arguments against any console.

The use of "Terrible" and "horrible" are generally applied in opinions, not facts...

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
Ps3 no doubt. Everyone knows it is a failure except the fanboys.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chris_Williams
[QUOTE="ebrezzy1"]

Xbox 360 for a fact

WarTornRuston

dam, you hop on him quick, looool
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PressXtoJump
Member since 2012 • 1484 Posts
its the 360. it has not only been a dissapointment, but an overall failure, which is why they are currently sitting in last place while the PS3 is in first place with the sales and all the games.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Eddie-Vedder

Ps3 no doubt. Everyone knows it is a failure except the fanboys.Miketheman83
youowned

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 parkurtommo
ps3, it doesnt do anything that isn't done better somewhere else.mems_1224
Actually that is literally what the 360 is. What does it rely on? Third Party support... guess what has even more of that? PC. Sure it has better porformance in general (though the difference is almost none) but the PC has muuuuuuuuuuuch better performance. The 360 is like something for people who can't make up their minds...
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Chris_Williams

the PC

Sun_Universe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sun_Universe
Member since 2012 • 312 Posts

Xbox 360.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#34 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]ps3, it doesnt do anything that isn't done better somewhere else.parkurtommo
Actually that is literally what the 360 is. What does it rely on? Third Party support... guess what has even more of that? PC. Sure it has better porformance in general (though the difference is almost none) but the PC has muuuuuuuuuuuch better performance. The 360 is like something for people who can't make up their minds...

That's a counter productive argument as well. If you hide behind the PC to make the 360 look bad, the PS3 ends up looking just as bad in comparison.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="ebrezzy1"]

Xbox 360 for a fact

WarTornRuston

No.....That would be an opinion. Here are facts:

Wii:: Underpowered

Terrible Online

Horrible 3rd party support

Franchise fatigue

PS3: Horrible installs and updates.

jaggies.

multiplatform games are always inferior.

360: live is a rip off period.

lack of exclusive retail games.

Kinect should not be a priority.

jaggies.

multiplatform games are always inferior.

Anyone can come up with arguments against any console.

Fix'd

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mems_1224
[QUOTE="mems_1224"]ps3, it doesnt do anything that isn't done better somewhere else.parkurtommo

if you compare everything to the pc it automatically loses. between just consoles 360 is the best. im not saying 360 is the best choice for everyone. i can see why someone with a great pc would pick a ps3 over 360 but between consoles idk how you can say ps3 is better. unless they really really like their mostly mediocre(imo) exclusives.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
[QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="mems_1224"]ps3, it doesnt do anything that isn't done better somewhere else.mems_1224

if you compare everything to the pc it automatically loses. between just consoles 360 is the best. im not saying 360 is the best choice for everyone. i can see why someone with a great pc would pick a ps3 over 360 but between consoles idk how you can say ps3 is better. unless they really really like their mostly mediocre(imo) exclusives.

You just answer your own question. People likes PS3 because of its mediocre exclusives (in your opinion) just like you prefer your mediocre (imo) exclusives & getting ripped off by MS. Look @ the mirror.
Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9875 Posts
It's pretty obv from posts in this forum that the people by far most disapointed with this gen are the hermits. Most console gamers seem happy with the state of things, while hermits are in general very bitter. So I'm gonna have to go with the PC.
Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

I know this thread is a bunch of fanboy inspired garbage but I'll play along anyway. To me it has to be the Wii. Don't get me wrong I liked the Wii but the lack of inetersting game to me is what made it the most disapointing out of all the consoles this gen.

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#40 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

Besides Virtual Boy, the Wii. Maybe a dozen games worth experiencing and the rest ever so bad. Mine hasn't been turned on in over a year, but I still got my copy of new Zelda to play some day.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mems_1224
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="parkurtommo"] Actually that is literally what the 360 is. What does it rely on? Third Party support... guess what has even more of that? PC. Sure it has better porformance in general (though the difference is almost none) but the PC has muuuuuuuuuuuch better performance. The 360 is like something for people who can't make up their minds...

You just answer your own question. People likes PS3 because of its mediocre exclusives (in your opinion) just like you prefer your mediocre (imo) exclusives & getting ripped off by MS. Look @ the mirror.

but the thread isnt about what console you like more. its about which one was the biggest disappointment this gen. it has to be the ps3.
Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

None. I know what I got each platform for and I got exactly what I wanted.

PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PressXtoJump
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="mems_1224"]if you compare everything to the pc it automatically loses. between just consoles 360 is the best. im not saying 360 is the best choice for everyone. i can see why someone with a great pc would pick a ps3 over 360 but between consoles idk how you can say ps3 is better. unless they really really like their mostly mediocre(imo) exclusives.mems_1224

but the thread isnt about what console you like more. its about which one was the biggest disappointment this gen. it has to be the ps3.

which is why the 360 is last place right?
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

The Wii hands down.

Click_Clock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Click_Clock
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

Wasn't the Wii suppose to be a Revolution to gaming? The Wii-mote was said to be far superior to Keyboard and Mouse for aiming at FPS. Yet in reality the only good it did was making people's arm hurt from swinging like a dumb dumb.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mems_1224
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] You just answer your own question. People likes PS3 because of its mediocre exclusives (in your opinion) just like you prefer your mediocre (imo) exclusives & getting ripped off by MS. Look @ the mirror.PressXtoJump

except its not
Click_Clock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Click_Clock
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

the PC

Chris_Williams

I agree

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 StatusShuffle
Member since 2012 • 1908 Posts
After 6 disappointments in a row, the Wii just hit it.
darkkillerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 darkkillerr
Member since 2005 • 361 Posts

wow... what a stupid cow fanboy thread with an incomplete list... i vote for the wii because it have a really bad online and 3rd party support

PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 PressXtoJump
[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] but the thread isnt about what console you like more. its about which one was the biggest disappointment this gen. it has to be the ps3. mems_1224

except its not

sells least worldwide every year, do the math