Which is the best multimedia machine? PS3 or Xbox360 (Revisted)

• 163 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 Rob2223
Member since 2006 • 7524 Posts

if you really want to know which is the better multimedia machine, DO NOT LISTEN TO RASHPAL THAT  FOOL OF A TUQUE!.

the PS3 CANNOT stream anything from your Windown based PC. the 360 can. that is simply the plus that SHOULD put it way and above already.

second the PS3 does NOT have anywhere near the online capabilities of the 360 when it comes to multimedia. the web browser is broken, and so is its non friend chatting online capabilities, as is its whole online infrastructure as a whole. that "free, non-unified, and let the devs do what they want with you gamers and oyur online" should have hinted that.

you do NOT need bluray and that should not even be a plus. if that thing loses you will be stuck with it. if it wins, and by the time the winner is announced, the standalone players will be less than 150$.

second, YOU CAN RENT MOVIES, BUY MOVIES, TV SHOWS, SEASONS, ANYTHING ON YOUR DAMN TV,  over the marketplace and this will grow and grow and grow, where the PS3s is non-existant. ALL in HD AND "TRUE" 1080P. did i mention the PS3 lieks to downscale your games if your tv doesnt support 720p? unlike the 360 itll upscale to 1080i. the PS3 willl downscale.

so lets review, the PS3 has a web browser with a locked 60 gigs, which if you fill you CANNOT dump anywhere like YOUR PC! therefore the web browsing is useless. get up and go to your PC. oh and by the way did i mention that the games take up 4 gigs on your hardrive to allow resonably slow loading times? and again with bluray, YOU HAVE A CHOICE ON THE 360! AND THE QUALITY OF HDDVD is GREATER than that of bluray!

did i menion xbox-live arcade? all the abilities over Live to chat with friends and communicate not possible on the PS3? hell it doesnt even have a backround downloader. aswell as everything that has a usb works with your 360. it even works with your PSP.

so please if you want to listen to a joker like rashpal whos only argument is "yea well PS3 hardware, + flopware +vaporware+ software +underwear>>>>>>>>>>>>360" then thats your perogative. i am just telling you that if you do not want to be disapointed over your multimedia purchase, then please do not buy a PS3. that is the best i could possibly say it.

A-LEGEND

all 100% true 360 > ps3

/thread
Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Rashpal
Member since 2004 • 3781 Posts
[QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="klactose"][QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="klactose"]Depends on how you get your media. From a connectivity point of view the PS3 is the winner, due to it's many input options. From a networked point of view the 360 is the winner due to it's ability to stream content from networked computers (both mac and pc). I have a lot of media on my PC so the network option is more important to me. But if I had a bunch of stuff on different types of memory sticks it might be the PS3.klactose
Networked computers running Windows software, yes, but not all networked computers.

It doesn't have to be windows based... you can network Mac computers too.

Are you trying to tell me it can communicate with Mac OS? If so what's stopping it from doing the same with Linux?

Yes I'm saying that it can communicate with Mac OS. Not sure if it can communicate with Linux, it probably can, someone just needs to write a linux based program for it I'm sure. But Windows and Mac OS is already possible.

Still, it's a gaming console that relies on a local network to deliver multimedia functionality. The feature isn't central to the core experience and most interestingly isn't one that is available out of the box. The PS3 in comparison is all about the multimedia experience and to that end has been designed to deliver on that count from the day of purchase.
AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 AgentVX
Member since 2006 • 1160 Posts

[QUOTE="Rob2223"][QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]Ok, seriously you lemmings are going to far...  PS3 beats 360 in multimedia features, how can u be that blind?

Rashpal
They should be called bats. The topic's about multimedia. The lemmings seemed to have confused that with networking and streaming and have concluded that the two are the same. :roll: Honestly, it worse then wasting your breath.

music isnt media? videos arent media? can you stream music through your ps3, and play it while playing a game? NO
360 wins Custom soundtracks > web browsing

You're talking about software applications which can be impliment over the course of the PS3 life. 360's lack of multimedia features are partly to do with hardware issues, which are less easily resolved.

Please, besides flapping, what exactly are you talking about "partly to do with hardware issues, which are less easily resolved"???

Which exactly hardware are you talking about????

Your sounding more and more like a fanboy here.  Please, don't give us your opion, give us some facts here.....cause I am getting more and more confused by your statements????

A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 A-LEGEND
Member since 2006 • 1668 Posts

one more for the raod before i go. say it with me!

the ps3 cannot stream anything from your PC. that defines todays multimedia.

fkholmes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#105 fkholmes
Member since 2006 • 8887 Posts
I am lemming but I say its PS3.godson07
Don't trust this guy he isn't a lemming hes a sad cow who only says that hes a lemming because he thinks there aren't enough people who are dissapointed with there 360s.
carsales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 carsales
Member since 2006 • 1143 Posts
I have both consoles and the 360 easily is better than the ps3. The ps3 doesn't even recognize my mp3 player. Blu ray movies are 30.00 bucks. I have over 3000 songs, and 5000 pictures and hundreds of videos (some in hd) And I have access to all that through my 360, The fact I've only used the ps3 for one movie and one game Shows you how crappy it is. Not to mention the dvd movies look like shiat on the ps3. If you don't have both you can't really compare the two.
Exodion_Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Exodion_Death
Member since 2004 • 3147 Posts

A-LEGEND
:lol: what if someone doesnt own a pc? so what happens to the streaming capabilities?LOL... PS3 doesnt need a PC to be a multimedia device, PS3 is a computer and multimedia device on its own. Its like Xbox 360 is a disabled person that needs a wheelchair(PC) to move:lol:

While the ps3 is a normal person who can run,walk and do so so so so so so so much more...
Avatar image for paranoiasurviva
paranoiasurviva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#109 paranoiasurviva
Member since 2004 • 13621 Posts
They are the same.
Avatar image for paranoiasurviva
paranoiasurviva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#111 paranoiasurviva
Member since 2004 • 13621 Posts
[QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

Exodion_Death
:lol: what if someone doesnt own a pc? so what happens to the streaming capabilities?LOL... PS3 doesnt need a PC to be a multimedia device, PS3 is a computer and multimedia device on its own. Its like Xbox 360 is a disabled person that needs a wheelchair(PC) to move:lol:

While the ps3 is a normal person who can run,walk and do so so so so so so so much more...

What if someone doesn't own a PC? How could someone own a PS3 and not even have a PC?
Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Rob2223
[QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

Exodion_Death

oh, i forgot, i guess XBLIVE marketplace, and custom soundtracks dont exist right?
Evilcator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Evilcator
Member since 2003 • 2306 Posts

They are about the same, but I give PS3 the edge because everything you need is built in...

Blu-Ray, HDD, etc...

carsales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 carsales

They are about the same, but I give PS3 the edge because everything you need is built in...

Blu-Ray, HDD, etc...

Evilcator
I'll give you blu ray. but you know you can get an xbox with a hdd for 200.00 less?
Exodion_Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Exodion_Death
[QUOTE="Exodion_Death"][QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

Rob2223

oh, i forgot, i guess XBLIVE marketplace, and custom soundtracks dont exist right?

errr do you know you can download free stuff using linux on the PS3...Well its obvious that you like to buy every freaking stuff like gamer pics, themes :lol:

And media center sucks, it doesnt recognize all of the different file formats.
A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 A-LEGEND
Member since 2006 • 1668 Posts
[QUOTE="Rob2223"][QUOTE="Exodion_Death"][QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

Exodion_Death

errr do you know you can download free stuff using linux on the PS3...Well its obvious that you like to buy every freaking stuff like gamer pics, themes :lol:

you know nothing, and its quite sad that someone with a gamertag doesnt know his ass from his elbow about the consoel he owns.

Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Rashpal
[QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="AgentVX"]

[QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="xerxes5678"]I'd say the 360 has the advantage, since multimedia (pics, music, movies, etc) can be streamed from a computer, which saves the 360's HDD for games.AgentVX

Not necessarily a multimedia device then is it???

What is your question here, it was asked and we answered it.  To explain things very simply for you cause you obviously don't have much experience with a multimedia device, if you connect you console to the internet so you can go online, in most cases you will have some sort of hub, switch or router to share your connection.  And if you have that, then you easily have the capablities to connect your windows based PC to your 360.  And to give you more facts, most people on the planet that have a personal computer either run Windows (which is by far the most) or Apples OS.  Linux is a very distant 3rd, and I mean a very very distant 3rd.  And by 2008 most OS sold with computers will have some form of Vista install in it, and it have Media Center built in.

That being said, a multimedia device is a centralized hub that has limited capabilities that relies on other devices that can be easily hooked up to play the desired device or files.  Plain and simple, the X360 has that capabilities to do this quite a bit better than the PS3 for the vast amount of users.

Anybody that thinks the "average" comsumer will take their PS3, and load Linux, and know what the hell their doing is living in some fantasy world.  Most average consumers when asked "what is Linux?" will tell you its a car.  Please spare me your logic as it is flawed at so many avenues, it just aint funny.

The 360 has better multimedia capabilities for the vast amounts of users out in the world, and that is just plain and simple fact.  Though I do respect that fact that Linux is open sourced and there will be things on the PS3 that I do envy.  But this is coming from somebody that is very knowledgeable about computers, and someone that can utilize it's capabalities.  For the average joe, it's nothing more that a nightmare.

The PS3 does have good multimedia capabilites out of the box, but the 360 definately has the better multimedia capabilities if you have the time, effort and in some cases the money.  And if your truely looking for the multimedia hub, really, if your the average joe, the 360 is the way to go.  But if web browsing is what your looking for to post your annoying comments, stick with the PS3 since you most likely won't be playing many good games.

Without offering any reasons for disregarding my arguement that PS3 is the better multimedia device how can you expect me to take you seriously. Your suggestion that 360 is a better multimedia hub due to it's ability to network with a Windows based PC is preposterous. More so considering your primary arguement is that it is the more easily approachable of the formats. The fundamental flaw in your arguement is that the consumer would have to invest his/her time and resources to make these streaming capabilties possible. And there lies my point: if all the 360 multimedia content is streamed from a Windows based PC how can it be considered a multimedia device. It is more so another electronics device which a Windows based PC can communicate with, in which case it isn't 360 that is the multimedia hub, rather the PC and as the comparison is between PS3 and 360... well you get the point. Let me make the point even simplier so there is no confusion: for a device to be considered multimedia system it should be able to fullfill that brief as a standlone format. Of the two systems being discussed only one is capable of delivering on that count. I leave you to decide which system that is. Needless to say fanboys out there need to wake up.

As I said, out of the box, the PS3 does have a little better multimedia capabilites then the 360 because of a unproven movie format called BluRay, multimedia card reader and web browsing.  But the "potential" for multimedia definately goes to the 360.  And if you have the money if you choose, you can buy the most likely winner of the HD format war, HD-DVD.

You can't be serious if you think that a generation of Microsoft windows users are gonna switch to Linux.  I will never argue with you that out of the box the PS3 is slightly better, but as I mentioned before, if you are sharing your internet connection to the 360, the 360 has more capabilities.  And with Vista coming out next month, it will even be easier to connect you 360 to your PC which I might add is the biggest component of most users for multimedia.

Not is only the 360 more future proof for most users, it is the format in which most users will share and display their home movies, downloadable content, home pictures and MP3's on.  Windows Vista, whether you hate it or love it, will be in most house holds by 2009 -10, thus connecting your 360 will be nothing more than any media center hub that you will be able to buy in any store that you can stream from you PC from either from WiFi or ethernet.

Since I am a PC power user, I can do more than any PS3 user can besides web browse.  I can even web browse through an plugin on to Media Center from a 360 remote, but it's definately is more of a hassle and very clunky.  I rather go to my PC.  I will conclude on this point that I am very disappointed from MS that I can't browse the internet from my 360, and am disappointed on their HDD capacity.

You keep posing questions, but you don't give any counters from the capabilites of the PS3.  If you ask me personally, I am dissappointed in both consoles and their multimedia capabilites.  But I can easily say that the 360 from my PC has a fair amount of lead in this arguement.

Either way, I can argree with out out of the box the PS3 has more capabilites. But the already potential and future potential of the 360 is proven.  So, either you leave you PS3 as a stand alone product, it has more potential.  But connected to a PC, the 360 definately has the lead.  And lets get real here for a second, more multimedia from users is either stored on DVD format through movies, or everything else like music, movies and digital pictures are stored on your PC.  Thus an extention of your 360 to your PC is the only logical step, and that is through Windows or Mac based PC.

360 wins.....

Of course this is all on the assumption that your average mainstream consumer will be able to make heads or tails of these advantages when MS seem reluctant to communicate them. But reverting back to the topic and my fundamental point 360 isn't a multimedia device rather an extension of your multimedia PC. After all what you describe is a system which offers you the possibility to present your PC content through a new window. Rather than multimedia it is a different means to experience your PC content.
Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Rashpal
[QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

if you really want to know which is the better multimedia machine, DO NOT LISTEN TO RASHPAL THAT  FOOL OF A TUQUE!.

the PS3 CANNOT stream anything from your Windown based PC. the 360 can. that is simply the plus that SHOULD put it way and above already.

second the PS3 does NOT have anywhere near the online capabilities of the 360 when it comes to multimedia. the web browser is broken, and so is its non friend chatting online capabilities, as is its whole online infrastructure as a whole. that "free, non-unified, and let the devs do what they want with you gamers and oyur online" should have hinted that.

you do NOT need bluray and that should not even be a plus. if that thing loses you will be stuck with it. if it wins, and by the time the winner is announced, the standalone players will be less than 150$.

second, YOU CAN RENT MOVIES, BUY MOVIES, TV SHOWS, SEASONS, ANYTHING ON YOUR DAMN TV,  over the marketplace and this will grow and grow and grow, where the PS3s is non-existant. ALL in HD AND "TRUE" 1080P. did i mention the PS3 lieks to downscale your games if your tv doesnt support 720p? unlike the 360 itll upscale to 1080i. the PS3 willl downscale.

so lets review, the PS3 has a web browser with a locked 60 gigs, which if you fill you CANNOT dump anywhere like YOUR PC! therefore the web browsing is useless. get up and go to your PC. oh and by the way did i mention that the games take up 4 gigs on your hardrive to allow resonably slow loading times? and again with bluray, YOU HAVE A CHOICE ON THE 360! AND THE QUALITY OF HDDVD is GREATER than that of bluray!

did i menion xbox-live arcade? all the abilities over Live to chat with friends and communicate not possible on the PS3? hell it doesnt even have a backround downloader. aswell as everything that has a usb works with your 360. it even works with your PSP.

so please if you want to listen to a joker like rashpal whos only argument is "yea well PS3 hardware, + flopware +vaporware+ software +underwear>>>>>>>>>>>>360" then thats your perogative. i am just telling you that if you do not want to be disapointed over your multimedia purchase, then please do not buy a PS3. that is the best i could possibly say it.

Rob2223

all 100% true 360 > ps3

/thread

The opinions of two blind fanboys doesn't equal 100% truth, contray to your belief Rob2223.
Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Rob2223
[QUOTE="Rob2223"][QUOTE="Exodion_Death"][QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

Exodion_Death

oh on ps3 you can dl free gamerpics ? o wait....
AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 AgentVX

So now the thread has become if you don't have this, and don't have that.  Sorry folks, if you have a multimedia hub like the PS3 or 360, you need periphial to add to the hub.  The simple question was asked which is the best multimedia machince, and the 360 does have the lead, no questions asked.

If you start flapping about what you do have and don't have, you have already lost the arguement.  There is not one thing that you can't do on the 360 besides web browsing which sucks for the PS3, but sucks more for the 360.  Besides that, due to Media Center, you have definately have more abilities with the 360.  This is really getting quite stupid.

If your not gonna connect you PS3 to your PC, then you have a bit more capabilities.  If you connect your 360 to your PC, then you have more capabilities.  Again, the 360 has more advantages and capabilities, or more potential. 

Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Rashpal

[QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="Rob2223"][QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]Ok, seriously you lemmings are going to far...  PS3 beats 360 in multimedia features, how can u be that blind?

AgentVX

They should be called bats. The topic's about multimedia. The lemmings seemed to have confused that with networking and streaming and have concluded that the two are the same. :roll: Honestly, it worse then wasting your breath.

music isnt media? videos arent media? can you stream music through your ps3, and play it while playing a game? NO

You're talking about software applications which can be impliment over the course of the PS3 life. 360's lack of multimedia features are partly to do with hardware issues, which are less easily resolved.

Please, besides flapping, what exactly are you talking about "partly to do with hardware issues, which are less easily resolved"???

Your sounding more and more like a fanboy here.  Please, don't give us your opion, give us some facts here.....cause I am getting more and more confused by your statements????

Digital and video cameras, MP3 players, Bluetooth Headsets and mouse, USB keyboards etc. All can be connected to PS3. CD, DVD and Bluray playback. These are all hardware advantages. The network/streaming issues you describe are software related and can be resolved through software upgrades. This thread is getting looonng.
Exodion_Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Exodion_Death

So now the thread has become if you don't have this, and don't have that. Sorry folks, if you have a multimedia hub like the PS3 or 360, you need periphial to add to the hub. The simple question was asked which is the best multimedia machince, and the 360 does have the lead, no questions asked.

If you start flapping about what you do have and don't have, you have already lost the arguement. There is not one thing that you can't do on the 360 besides web browsing which sucks for the PS3, but sucks more for the 360. Besides that, due to Media Center, you have definately have more abilities with the 360. This is really getting quite stupid.

If your not gonna connect you PS3 to your PC, then you have a bit more capabilities. If you connect your 360 to your PC, then you have more capabilities. Again, the 360 has more advantages and capabilities, or more potential.

AgentVX

Media Center sucks... I dont even use it, its freaking slow, it doesnt support all of the different file formats etc... Xbox 360 + Media Center= Sucks

carsales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 carsales
[QUOTE="AgentVX"]

[QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="Rob2223"][QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]Ok, seriously you lemmings are going to far...  PS3 beats 360 in multimedia features, how can u be that blind?

Rashpal

Digital and video cameras, MP3 players, Bluetooth Headsets and mouse, USB keyboards etc. All can be connected to PS3. CD, DVD and Bluray playback. These are all hardware advantages. The network/streaming issues you describe are software related and can be resolved through software upgrades. This thread is getting looonng.

do you have a 360? do you have a ps3?
DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#124 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts
360 has media extender....so if you have the right software on your computer, your 360 can turn into a beast regarding media. but not a lot of people take advantage of that so as of now....i dunno, they are kinda both on the same page.
wmc540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 wmc540
Member since 2006 • 2620 Posts
I didn't read every post but did anyone mention Xbox 360's Media Center abilities. As long as you have a Media Center pc the Xbox is practically a DVR and Tivo.
wmc540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 wmc540
Member since 2006 • 2620 Posts
360 has media extender....so if you have the right software on your computer, your 360 can turn into a beast regarding media. but not a lot of people take advantage of that so as of now....i dunno, they are kinda both on the same page.DonPerian
Well I guess the person right above me posted that and I always watch my Colbert Report after school on my big screen TV and 360 thanks to media center.
Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Rashpal

So now the thread has become if you don't have this, and don't have that.  Sorry folks, if you have a multimedia hub like the PS3 or 360, you need periphial to add to the hub.  The simple question was asked which is the best multimedia machince, and the 360 does have the lead, no questions asked.

If you start flapping about what you do have and don't have, you have already lost the arguement.  There is not one thing that you can't do on the 360 besides web browsing which sucks for the PS3, but sucks more for the 360.  Besides that, due to Media Center, you have definately have more abilities with the 360.  This is really getting quite stupid.

If your not gonna connect you PS3 to your PC, then you have a bit more capabilities.  If you connect your 360 to your PC, then you have more capabilities.  Again, the 360 has more advantages and capabilities, or more potential. 

AgentVX

I didn't agree to "no questions asked." 360 isn't a multimedia machine. It's a gaming console that can present your multimedia content via a network. I don't see how that's in anyway better then what PS3 is offering. On PS3 that content is central to the core PS3 experience. PS3 is the better multimedia machine because it's been designed to deliver a multimedia experience, 360 at the moment is all about gaming and Xbox Live.
engelk31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 engelk31
Member since 2006 • 46 Posts

so please if you want to listen to a joker like rashpal whos only argument is "yea well PS3 hardware, + flopware +vaporware+ software +underwear>>>>>>>>>>>>360" then thats your perogative. i am just telling you that if you do not want to be disapointed over your multimedia purchase, then please do not buy a PS3. that is the best i could possibly say it. Microsoft is a software company and hasnt let down with its multimedia capabilities EVER. hell it got 1080p and we didnt see that coming. jeez if any fanboy tries to deny this then power to them, and their denial.

A-LEGEND
what he said.
AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 AgentVX
[QUOTE="AgentVX"][QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="AgentVX"]

[QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="xerxes5678"]I'd say the 360 has the advantage, since multimedia (pics, music, movies, etc) can be streamed from a computer, which saves the 360's HDD for games.Rashpal

What is your question here, it was asked and we answered it.  To explain things very simply for you cause you obviously don't have much experience with a multimedia device, if you connect you console to the internet so you can go online, in most cases you will have some sort of hub, switch or router to share your connection.  And if you have that, then you easily have the capablities to connect your windows based PC to your 360.  And to give you more facts, most people on the planet that have a personal computer either run Windows (which is by far the most) or Apples OS.  Linux is a very distant 3rd, and I mean a very very distant 3rd.  And by 2008 most OS sold with computers will have some form of Vista install in it, and it have Media Center built in.

That being said, a multimedia device is a centralized hub that has limited capabilities that relies on other devices that can be easily hooked up to play the desired device or files.  Plain and simple, the X360 has that capabilities to do this quite a bit better than the PS3 for the vast amount of users.

Anybody that thinks the "average" comsumer will take their PS3, and load Linux, and know what the hell their doing is living in some fantasy world.  Most average consumers when asked "what is Linux?" will tell you its a car.  Please spare me your logic as it is flawed at so many avenues, it just aint funny.

The 360 has better multimedia capabilities for the vast amounts of users out in the world, and that is just plain and simple fact.  Though I do respect that fact that Linux is open sourced and there will be things on the PS3 that I do envy.  But this is coming from somebody that is very knowledgeable about computers, and someone that can utilize it's capabalities.  For the average joe, it's nothing more that a nightmare.

The PS3 does have good multimedia capabilites out of the box, but the 360 definately has the better multimedia capabilities if you have the time, effort and in some cases the money.  And if your truely looking for the multimedia hub, really, if your the average joe, the 360 is the way to go.  But if web browsing is what your looking for to post your annoying comments, stick with the PS3 since you most likely won't be playing many good games.

Without offering any reasons for disregarding my arguement that PS3 is the better multimedia device how can you expect me to take you seriously. Your suggestion that 360 is a better multimedia hub due to it's ability to network with a Windows based PC is preposterous. More so considering your primary arguement is that it is the more easily approachable of the formats. The fundamental flaw in your arguement is that the consumer would have to invest his/her time and resources to make these streaming capabilties possible. And there lies my point: if all the 360 multimedia content is streamed from a Windows based PC how can it be considered a multimedia device. It is more so another electronics device which a Windows based PC can communicate with, in which case it isn't 360 that is the multimedia hub, rather the PC and as the comparison is between PS3 and 360... well you get the point. Let me make the point even simplier so there is no confusion: for a device to be considered multimedia system it should be able to fullfill that brief as a standlone format. Of the two systems being discussed only one is capable of delivering on that count. I leave you to decide which system that is. Needless to say fanboys out there need to wake up.

As I said, out of the box, the PS3 does have a little better multimedia capabilites then the 360 because of a unproven movie format called BluRay, multimedia card reader and web browsing.  But the "potential" for multimedia definately goes to the 360.  And if you have the money if you choose, you can buy the most likely winner of the HD format war, HD-DVD.

You can't be serious if you think that a generation of Microsoft windows users are gonna switch to Linux.  I will never argue with you that out of the box the PS3 is slightly better, but as I mentioned before, if you are sharing your internet connection to the 360, the 360 has more capabilities.  And with Vista coming out next month, it will even be easier to connect you 360 to your PC which I might add is the biggest component of most users for multimedia.

Not is only the 360 more future proof for most users, it is the format in which most users will share and display their home movies, downloadable content, home pictures and MP3's on.  Windows Vista, whether you hate it or love it, will be in most house holds by 2009 -10, thus connecting your 360 will be nothing more than any media center hub that you will be able to buy in any store that you can stream from you PC from either from WiFi or ethernet.

Since I am a PC power user, I can do more than any PS3 user can besides web browse.  I can even web browse through an plugin on to Media Center from a 360 remote, but it's definately is more of a hassle and very clunky.  I rather go to my PC.  I will conclude on this point that I am very disappointed from MS that I can't browse the internet from my 360, and am disappointed on their HDD capacity.

You keep posing questions, but you don't give any counters from the capabilites of the PS3.  If you ask me personally, I am dissappointed in both consoles and their multimedia capabilites.  But I can easily say that the 360 from my PC has a fair amount of lead in this arguement.

Either way, I can argree with out out of the box the PS3 has more capabilites. But the already potential and future potential of the 360 is proven.  So, either you leave you PS3 as a stand alone product, it has more potential.  But connected to a PC, the 360 definately has the lead.  And lets get real here for a second, more multimedia from users is either stored on DVD format through movies, or everything else like music, movies and digital pictures are stored on your PC.  Thus an extention of your 360 to your PC is the only logical step, and that is through Windows or Mac based PC.

360 wins.....

Of course this is all on the assumption that your average mainstream consumer will be able to make heads or tails of these advantages when MS seem reluctant to communicate them. But reverting back to the topic and my fundamental point 360 isn't a multimedia device rather an extension of your multimedia PC. After all what you describe is a system which offers you the possibility to present your PC content through a new window. Rather than multimedia it is a different means to experience your PC content.

If the average mainstream consumer ain't gonna learn about the features of the 360, what make you certain that the average mainstream consumer is gonna learn about the freatures of the PS3.

Of course the 360 is a multimedia device.  It's a rudimentary multimedia device just like the PS3, but a multimedia device never the less.

And I am sorry, I am starting to lose you on what a multimedia device is?  Is it to play movies, or is it to display your digital camera pictures, home movies that you edit on a Mac or Windows based PC, or stream you MP3's through your PC where most users have their collection and playlist, which I might add is available through Windows Media Center.

Again, you are questioning the capabilities of the 360 which I have already stated are not what I expect from a multimedia hub, but you are very limited on what the PS3 can do, and from what I have seen, is suffering from numerous multimedia deficentices.  Please, please, give me some advantages of the PS3.  As I have researched, the PS3 multimedia capabilites and are rather lack luster. 

All you do is pose questions on the 360, but don't state any advantages of the PS3 besides out of the box features.  The question is asked, which is a better multimedia experience?  I have stated my reasons, I don't see you stating yours, nor the advantages of the PS3.

IQ138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#130 IQ138
Member since 2003 • 606 Posts
I'd say PS3. More storage space, Blu Ray comes with package, teh Cell... I have a PS3 right now, and they have things like Friends networking, internet browsing, games, music, movies, photos, it can even connect to my iPod... it's awesome, but expensive.
Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Rashpal

so please if you want to listen to a joker like rashpal whos only argument is "yea well PS3 hardware, + flopware +vaporware+ software +underwear>>>>>>>>>>>>360" then thats your perogative. i am just telling you that if you do not want to be disapointed over your multimedia purchase, then please do not buy a PS3. that is the best i could possibly say it. Microsoft is a software company and hasnt let down with its multimedia capabilities EVER. hell it got 1080p and we didnt see that coming. jeez if any fanboy tries to deny this then power to them, and their denial.

A-LEGEND
"YOU HAVE CHOICE ON THE 360!"??? You blurt out Microsoft propaganda and I'm the fool? Moronic. When you can link up various electronic devices to your 360 (note: not streamed off PC) then talk to me about joker arguements. In the mean why don't you do some research. With 7 of the 8 mainstream hollywood studios backing Blu-ray and analysts likewise believing Bluray will come out the overall winner, your "stuck with it" remark is about has foolish and uneducated as the rest of your post. PSP working on 360? Really, maybe you should link me some remote play footage, because other than that your clutching at straws there. As for 1080p, where are the games my friend??? And without HDMI, how long do you think your HD movieplayback will last??? And for someone backing a system limited to 13gigs of HDD space with no web browsing capablilities I'm surprised you have the guile to question the capabilities of a system that can deliver on that front. Please spare me your Live and download BS because software can be solved. It's not like Sony aren't capable of delivering on that front. It's just a case of time. Say what you want about that but the content will come. In the meantime I can say with confidence, like many educated observers out there, that as a piece of multimedia electronics entertainment hardware PS3 is unbeatable. With it there's no need for all this streaming bull to achieve its true "multimedia" capabilities. Everything is in the box and is central to the PS3 experience. Now why don't you go and educate yourself on how to talk to people. :roll:
Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Rashpal
[QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="AgentVX"][QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="AgentVX"]

[QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="xerxes5678"]I'd say the 360 has the advantage, since multimedia (pics, music, movies, etc) can be streamed from a computer, which saves the 360's HDD for games.AgentVX

360 wins.....

If the average mainstream consumer ain't gonna learn about the features of the 360, what make you certain that the average mainstream consumer is gonna learn about the freatures of the PS3.

Of course the 360 is a multimedia device.  It's a rudimentary multimedia device just like the PS3, but a multimedia device never the less.

And I am sorry, I am starting to lose you on what a multimedia device is?  Is it to play movies, or is it to display your digital camera pictures, home movies that you edit on a Mac or Windows based PC, or stream you MP3's through your PC where most users have their collection and playlist, which I might add is available through Windows Media Center.

Again, you are questioning the capabilities of the 360 which I have already stated are not what I expect from a multimedia hub, but you are very limited on what the PS3 can do, and from what I have seen, is suffering from numerous multimedia deficentices.  Please, please, give me some advantages of the PS3.  As I have researched, the PS3 multimedia capabilites and are rather lack luster. 

All you do is pose questions on the 360, but don't state any advantages of the PS3 besides out of the box features.  The question is asked, which is a better multimedia experience?  I have stated my reasons, I don't see you stating yours, nor the advantages of the PS3.

I've already stated them. Check my earlier posts.
AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 AgentVX

I'd say PS3. More storage space, Blu Ray comes with package, teh Cell... I have a PS3 right now, and they have things like Friends networking, internet browsing, games, music, movies, photos, it can even connect to my iPod... it's awesome, but expensive. IQ138
\

I have over a terabyte of stortage space available to my 360, unlike the PS3 can't compare.

I can buy a HD-DVD player with the remote, King Kong Movie and all the cables provided for play back, for under $199.99 if I choose too.  With the PS3, you have to buy the expensive remote and cables.  But again, that is if I choose to do so, and not forced to buy it.

I will take any day a superior GPU on a console(360) then a CPU.  CPU is great for somethings on a computer, and GPU if you want graphics.  GPU= Graphics Processing Unit.  The 360 has the better GPU, the PS3 has the better processor.  I bought a gaming console, so I take the GPU.

Networking is far better on XBox Live then PS3 network.  I can actually find any of my friends playing any game and invite them, unlike the PS3 network.  Unified compared to ununified like the PS3, no comparision, XBox live wins hands down

Internet Browsing, yep the PS3 does this better, but pretty crappy compared to regulare PC.  And from what I have read, the internet Browsing is painfully slow and lots of web pages won't even display.

Movies, MP3's and photos, definately better on the 360 through Media Center.  Your whole PC is available unlike the PS3 where you have to go to your PC and transfer you data that you want to a limited media storage device only to play the media if the PS3 supports it.  No comparision, 360 wins this battle.  Never mind the fact that you can play custom soundtracks through your 360 in game.  Makes the whole 360 experience that much better.

Expensive, yes you bet the PS3 is expensive.  And for the onling, I rather pay for a service that gives me easy access to all my friends, a secure online experience and steady service compared with what the PS3 has.  And add to the fact that I bought Splinter Cell with a free online subscription for a year, means I pay virtually only $25 for 2 years.  Never mind the fact that I know with buying a 360 game that IT WILL HAVE ONLINE options unlike the PS3 version.  Tony Hawk anyone......

ADollins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 ADollins
Member since 2003 • 146 Posts

This is a tough question the 360 allows connection to PC, but the PS3 plays blue ray. 360 with an attachment allows the 360 play's HD-DVD, and at the core the PS3 and 360 cost about the same at this moment if you want to play a next gen movie.

The 360 does do one thing that the PS3 does not and I think this shows the two mentalities of MS and Sony. MS doesn't own the content so they try to integrate with the PC. You can hook up the 360 to play music, video, and pictures from a PC, and if you have windows media center you can use your 360 as if it was the media center PC. Yes the 360 can work like a tivo with a media center PC, I do it with my 360 and home PC, and it works decent.  

Where the PS3 is centered around sony's delivery mechanisms since they own content they want to secure it from you. Sony wants to only let you store, and view their media on thier propritary mechanisms, and formats. You cannot access advanced media devices, since they lose control of the security. If they would open up a connection with the TIVO, or somthing along that lines I think the PS3 would be better than the 360 media platform. However that would go against thier docturine of trying to control the format, storage, and delivery of content.

On a more fundamental note does the PS3 support 720/1080i playback of games becuse if it doesn't yet, then it really isn't going to deliver for most HDTV's in peoples houses 1080p is very rare, and no scaling chip in the PS3 means you view it native. I'm sure the PS3 can do the scaling with it's ample processing power, having to revert back to 480p for playback of certain things would really tweak my bacon. However I read sony was fixing or has fixed the problem, with software patch, is that correct?

AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 AgentVX
[QUOTE="AgentVX"][QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="AgentVX"][QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="AgentVX"]

[QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="xerxes5678"]I'd say the 360 has the advantage, since multimedia (pics, music, movies, etc) can be streamed from a computer, which saves the 360's HDD for games.Rashpal

360 wins.....

And again, you refuse to answer any of my questions.  Get it already, a media hub is the ability to hook up periphials to it to play your media.  Plain and simple facts, for you can't even refute, most of peoples media is stored on either DVD or you computer.

And you computer is by in far the biggest Media Capable device, thus meaning if it contains the most media capable media, hooking it up to your PC is essential if you want the most out of a Media center Hub.

So your previous post mean squat, really, get it already!!!

360 has the most multimedia capabilites, plain and simple, minus web browsing......

Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Rashpal

[QUOTE="IQ138"]I'd say PS3. More storage space, Blu Ray comes with package, teh Cell... I have a PS3 right now, and they have things like Friends networking, internet browsing, games, music, movies, photos, it can even connect to my iPod... it's awesome, but expensive. AgentVX

\

I have over a terabyte of stortage space available to my 360, unlike the PS3 can't compare.

I can buy a HD-DVD player with the remote, King Kong Movie and all the cables provided for play back, for under $199.99 if I choose too.  With the PS3, you have to buy the expensive remote and cables.  But again, that is if I choose to do so, and not forced to buy it.

I will take any day a superior GPU on a console(360) then a CPU.  CPU is great for somethings on a computer, and GPU if you want graphics.  GPU= Graphics Processing Unit.  The 360 has the better GPU, the PS3 has the better processor.  I bought a gaming console, so I take the GPU.

Networking is far better on XBox Live then PS3 network.  I can actually find any of my friends playing any game and invite them, unlike the PS3 network.  Unified compared to ununified like the PS3, no comparision, XBox live wins hands down

Internet Browsing, yep the PS3 does this better, but pretty crappy compared to regulare PC.  And from what I have read, the internet Browsing is painfully slow and lots of web pages won't even display.

Movies, MP3's and photos, definately better on the 360 through Media Center.  Your whole PC is available unlike the PS3 where you have to go to your PC and transfer you data that you want to a limited media storage device only to play the media if the PS3 supports it.  No comparision, 360 wins this battle.  Never mind the fact that you can play custom soundtracks through your 360 in game.  Makes the whole 360 experience that much better.

Expensive, yes you bet the PS3 is expensive.  And for the onling, I rather pay for a service that gives me easy access to all my friends, a secure online experience and steady service compared with what the PS3 has.  And add to the fact that I bought Splinter Cell with a free online subscription for a year, means I pay virtually only $25 for 2 years.  Never mind the fact that I know with buying a 360 game that IT WILL HAVE ONLINE options unlike the PS3 version.  Tony Hawk anyone......

Why are you still posting. I gave you solid advantages and you still go on about "streaming" and "networking". The point is simple with 360 you need a PC to present multimedia applications. With PS3 it all there from day one and it's all central to the experience. Maybe you can't see the point because your too blinded by your own views to see anybody elses.
AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 AgentVX
[QUOTE="AgentVX"]

[QUOTE="IQ138"]I'd say PS3. More storage space, Blu Ray comes with package, teh Cell... I have a PS3 right now, and they have things like Friends networking, internet browsing, games, music, movies, photos, it can even connect to my iPod... it's awesome, but expensive. Rashpal

\

Why are you still posting. I gave you solid advantages and you still go on about "streaming" and "networking". The point is simple with 360 you need a PC to present multimedia applications. With PS3 it all there from day one and it's all central to the experience. Maybe you can't see the point because your too blinded by your own views to see anybody elses.

Yeah, I have read, read my post before this.  Again, I will not argue that "OUT OF BOX", the PS3 have more capabilites.  But for potential, the 360 has it licked.  Your arguements are VOID in this arguement because the question is asked, "which is the best multimedia machine"???  I have answered the question, and all you can come back with is "Out of Box" the PS3 is better if you do absolute nothing with the system.

But sorry to burst your bubble, media center hubs are meant to attach periphials to it to make the experience as wide as possible, and the 360 has the better capabilities.  I really am confused where you are argueing now?????

Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Rashpal
[QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="AgentVX"][QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="AgentVX"][QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="AgentVX"]

360 wins.....

And again, you refuse to answer any of my questions.  Get it already, a media hub is the ability to hook up periphials to it to play your media.  Plain and simple facts, for you can't even refute, most of peoples media is stored on either DVD or you computer.

And you computer is by in far the biggest Media Capable device, thus meaning if it contains the most media capable media, hooking it up to your PC is essential if you want the most out of a Media center Hub.

So your previous post mean squat, really, get it already!!!

360 has the most multimedia capabilites, plain and simple, minus web browsing......

You talk as if the content on your PC can't be transfer to any other device. I for one plan to save all my content to my ipod harddrive and download it on to my PS3. And how many different ways can I say this so you can understand. PS3 is the central multimedia hub. With 360 it's the PC that's the central hub with Microsoft's console playing the role of a connected device. Your asking for advantages and I'm saying they aren't even in the same playing field.
perfect_chao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 perfect_chao
Member since 2005 • 2066 Posts
360.. though ps3 is a bluray player it would be slower compared to single bluray player units.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#140 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

I pick the PS3. It's got a ton of multimedia features.

While streaming stuff from your computer to the 360 is awesome, I still think the PS3 wins in this case.

Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Rashpal
[QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="AgentVX"]

[QUOTE="IQ138"]I'd say PS3. More storage space, Blu Ray comes with package, teh Cell... I have a PS3 right now, and they have things like Friends networking, internet browsing, games, music, movies, photos, it can even connect to my iPod... it's awesome, but expensive. AgentVX

\

Yeah, I have read, read my post before this.  Again, I will not argue that "OUT OF BOX", the PS3 have more capabilites.  But for potential, the 360 has it licked.  Your arguements are VOID in this arguement because the question is asked, "which is the best multimedia machine"???  I have answered the question, and all you can come back with is "Out of Box" the PS3 is better if you do absolute nothing with the system.

But sorry to burst your bubble, media center hubs are meant to attach periphials to it to make the experience as wide as possible, and the 360 has the better capabilities.  I really am confused where you are argueing now?????

Just that it isn't the 360 that is acting as the multimedia device but the PC. It is where you would connect your various devices, including 360, and download all your various content, much like the PS3. I'm done with this arguement. I've made my point. You can take it or leave. I think it's fully valid.
funnymario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#142 funnymario
Member since 2005 • 9122 Posts

PS3.

Bigger storage space, compatibility with alot of memory units(SD, Mem Stick Pro/Duo, Picture Cards), iPod compatibility(and we all know how wildly popular those are), USB ports for PSP and the qaulity of the streaming/playback itself.

You have to give props to the PS3 in that department.

AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 AgentVX
[QUOTE="AgentVX"][QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="AgentVX"]

[QUOTE="IQ138"]I'd say PS3. More storage space, Blu Ray comes with package, teh Cell... I have a PS3 right now, and they have things like Friends networking, internet browsing, games, music, movies, photos, it can even connect to my iPod... it's awesome, but expensive. Rashpal

\

Just that it isn't the 360 that is acting as the multimedia device but the PC. It is where you would connect your various devices, including 360, and download all your various content, much like the PS3. I'm done with this arguement. I've made my point. You can take it or leave. I think it's fully valid.

This is what a multimedia hub is, the ability to hook up periphials in order to play your media.  You keep avoiding the simple fact that most peoples media is stored on the PC, thus it is by far far far the most important device to any media center hub.

Don't get me wrong, the PS3 has good capabilities "Out Of Box" like I have stated many many times this thread.  But for the simple question "Which is the best multimedia machine? PS3 or Xbox360?", the plain and simple truth that since the vast majority of users are windows based, and the vast majority of multimedia is stored on the PC eg. Music, Digital Camera Pictures, Home movies, downloaded Video and files, it's absolutely essential that you have the console hooked up to a PC if you want a "True Multimedia Device".  Never mind the fact of the video recording from cable or satillite to your PC that you can play over Media Center.

Really, what can you do on the PS3 that you can't do on the 360????  Besides Web Browse!!!!  And the bigger question is what can it do better then the 360????

You keep avoiding the questions, so it might be better if you avoid the topic and get someone that can actually answer some questions.

AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 AgentVX

PS3.

Bigger storage space, compatibility with alot of memory units(SD, Mem Stick Pro/Duo, Picture Cards), iPod compatibility(and we all know how wildly popular those are), USB ports for PSP and the qaulity of the streaming/playback itself.

You have to give props to the PS3 in that department.

funnymario

Obviously you don't own a 360 because you would know that the 360 is capable of this.  Minus the PSP, which really, nobody owns.:roll:'

ADollins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 ADollins
Member since 2003 • 146 Posts

Yeah I think this topic is now an apples to oranges comparison.

If you mean multimedia, by how many ports the console has the PS3 wins hands down no question the 360 only accepts USB devices.

If you mean multimedia, as the ability to view content from a centralized location then the 360 wins with it's media center integration. You can use the 360 to watch recorded or live TV from a media center PC, and stream music from a PC then 360 is it.

It is my opinion that the 360 multimedia is superior, becuse it is so much more capable than having a bunch of memory stick slots, and usb ports. This is just my opinion, and you can take it for what it is.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
[QUOTE="Nameless3"]My labtopKAS3Y_JAM3Z
laptop* they both have good features, ps3 has a lot of slots for different memory units, but 360 can hook up right to your computer and stream everything on it to your 360 with out using memory. i'd say it's pretty even.

if you have the stuff on your pc why do you need a 360?
Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Rashpal
[QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="AgentVX"][QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="AgentVX"]

\

This is what a multimedia hub is, the ability to hook up periphials in order to play your media.  You keep avoiding the simple fact that most peoples media is stored on the PC, thus it is by far far far the most important device to any media center hub.

Don't get me wrong, the PS3 has good capabilities "Out Of Box" like I have stated many many times this thread.  But for the simple question "Which is the best multimedia machine? PS3 or Xbox360?", the plain and simple truth that since the vast majority of users are windows based, and the vast majority of multimedia is stored on the PC eg. Music, Digital Camera Pictures, Home movies, downloaded Video and files, it's absolutely essential that you have the console hooked up to a PC if you want a "True Multimedia Device".  Never mind the fact of the video recording from cable or satillite to your PC that you can play over Media Center.

Really, what can you do on the PS3 that you can't do on the 360????  Besides Web Browse!!!!  And the bigger question is what can it do better then the 360????

You keep avoiding the questions, so it might be better if you avoid the topic and get someone that can actually answer some questions.

*Sigh* the question was which is the better multimedia machine PS3 or 360. I'm saying "out of the box" because that what we're looking at, the machine you get for your money, not all the other stuff, which in the 360's case, you have to add to make multimedia possible. You have to judge the products on their individual merits and what they offer and as you rightly point out on that front PS3 is superior because it is a true multimedia device. Now, if you want to talk about avoiding then seriously how is it possible that for this long you've avoided the most obviously important point I've made: that multimedia isn't even a central component of the 360 experience? It's certainly doesn't appear as something Microsoft considers as a selling point. In contrast maybe you should check this link to see how strongly Sony are anglingly the multimedia functionality of the PS3. So let me repeat as devices in their own right the two aren't even in the same league... nice try though.
Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Rashpal
[QUOTE="KAS3Y_JAM3Z"][QUOTE="Nameless3"]My labtopimprezawrx500
laptop* they both have good features, ps3 has a lot of slots for different memory units, but 360 can hook up right to your computer and stream everything on it to your 360 with out using memory. i'd say it's pretty even.

:lol: That's the best arguement against the "streaming" and "network" I've been getting this entire thread. :lol: Hilarious!!!
AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 AgentVX

[QUOTE="imprezawrx500"][QUOTE="KAS3Y_JAM3Z"][QUOTE="Nameless3"]My labtopRashpal

:lol: That's the best arguement against the "streaming" and "network" I've been getting this entire thread. :lol: Hilarious!!!

I am sorry, I don't get the humour here!!!  How does this not effect the PS3???

*Sigh*  For all you people that don't know what a media hub is, it's a device like the 360 or PS3 that can play different media through your device from different periphials, and play it on your HD monitor.

I personally have a 60' inch DLP, and simply turn on my 360 to play videos, digital camera pictures, music thought my 5.1 surround sound through my main entertainment unit.  You can do this if you have a VGA port on your monitor, but setting up keyboard, mouse, cables to you main entertainment unit is very troublesome.  With the 360, all it takes is an ethernet connection, Media Center, and some patch cables to your reciever to play all your media needs.

So your question about if you have a PC, why on earth do you need a PS3? 

Your either a fanboy or simply not knowledgable on the subject.

rwbojorquez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 rwbojorquez
Member since 2003 • 1031 Posts