Which game would you say has the MOST Personality and Character?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 jettpack
Member since 2009 • 3192 Posts

For me, i would go with Team Fortress 2 and all of Twisted Pixel's games for me

Team fotress 2's personality is defined and original in every aspect.

sethman410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 sethman410
Member since 2008 • 2967 Posts
Nathan Drake
TrapJak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TrapJak
Member since 2011 • 2933 Posts

Nathan Drakesethman410
I'm not gonna BS, I agree. As cliche' as he is, he has too much personality not to be counted.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
Even if im a PC only gamer this gen , because i didnt find appealing any console ( Ps3 only but is still expensive 300euros here for a 6 years old console ). Anyways. The games i found to have some character and personality this generation is * Last Guardian . The more i see of this game , the more i wish i had a PS3. Design and art wonder.
Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts
anything suda. no more heroes, no more heroes 2, shadows of the damned, and his older titles.
mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

The World Ends With You.

Swear that game nailed the culture nuances of the time (and appealed to me as a young man) with pinpoint accuracy. And surprisingly, it all still holds up even after 4 years! And you know how quickly phrases fall into lulz territory with slang.

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts

LittleBigPlanet hands down.

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

Definitely No More Heroes for me. Travis Touchdown has so much style and charisma it hurts.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18259 Posts

I have to go with No More Heroes as well.

I could mention Dante in DMC4 too.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

I immediately thought of Uncharted when reading the topic.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots gets my vote for most personality and character.

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts
Nathan Drakesethman410
I wish Nathan Drake could meet the cast of Team Fortress 2 just to show him what personality actually is. No Nathan, character and personality isn't one cliche'd cheesy line after another.
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

Frostbite24

This is my answer as well. Everything about the game oozes personality that can only be associated with it.

Avatar image for phantomblade220
phantomblade220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 phantomblade220
Member since 2010 • 958 Posts

Uncharted - Nathan Drake

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

No more Heroes.

NerubianWeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NerubianWeaver
Member since 2010 • 2046 Posts
Commander Shepard. This is the only correct answer.
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#17 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

No More Heroes- the first one has so much personality it's ridiculous. From Travis to Sylvia to the assassins. All of it gone in NMH2 which sucks, but the original nailed it!

Tales of Vesperia- Yuri is probably my favorite lead for an RPG ever. The way he goes from a scamp to an outlaw to a vigilante who kills just because he thinks what he's doing is the right thing. Than his crew with the perverted Raven and the busty Judy, both of whom have a ton of secrets. The rivalry with Flynn. Vesperia is one of the most well-done games I have ever played.

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron- I'm not gonna lie to you, Lucifel (or Lucifer) is probably the coolest angel in this game. But seeing how each of the fallen angels created a floor of the tower to mimic how they themselves envisioned the future of the world adds in more personality than most games can shake a stick at.

Bayonetta- She's got spunk as a character and she helps make the game she stars in one of the best. Its cheesy, over the top and it always put a smile on my face!

Vanquish- Sam Gideon is the coolest male lead in a videogame ever. EVER!

There's more but these five should be enough to start.

ActionRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ActionRemix
Member since 2011 • 5640 Posts

Final Fantasy 9.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
uncharted LBP
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
Nathan Drakesethman410
love uncharted but i never understood the love for the drake. he's an extremely generic character. actually i think all the characters from uncharted are generic
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

[QUOTE="sethman410"]Nathan Drakemems_1224
love uncharted but i never understood the love for the drake. he's an extremely generic character. actually i think all the characters from uncharted are generic

Your criticism is generic.

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

I agree with TF2. For a game based entirely around multiplayer, it's very impressive in that regard.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

Blaz3_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Blaz3_fox
Member since 2011 • 193 Posts
What's wrong with you people? The answer is quite obviously Portal. Most personality in a game ever.
UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

What's wrong with you people? The answer is quite obviously Portal. Most personality in a game ever. Blaz3_fox

Good point. How on earth did I forget about Portal?! :P

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

Frostbite24
As much as I dislike the game, it did have a lot of charm and personality.
Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

Grim Fandango? Psychonauts? That's just off the top of my head.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#28 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30573 Posts

Mass Effect or RDR.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Final Fantasy 9.

ActionRemix

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts
The Witcher series, especially TW2.
TheOtherTheoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheOtherTheoG
Member since 2010 • 2287 Posts

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="sethman410"]Nathan DrakePug-Nasty

Your criticism is generic.

You're comeback is generic :) Anyway, I also agree with Team Fortress 2, the entire cast and for that matter pretty much everything about the game is done in such a light hearted, humorous manner that it's hard not to love it.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
Master chief
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#33 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Uncharted 2, Assasin's Creed franchise (even though it's beginning look like COD), and all of those games with good plot.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#34 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts
Team Fortress 2, and GTA: Ballad of Gay Tony.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#35 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

The Original Battlefield: Bad Company.

The game knew what it wanted to be, and that was a crazy wacky shooter that didn't take itself seriously, starring 4 dudes with more characterization and likeability then the protagonists of every other military FPS combined. BC2 made them more serious, but they were still able to crack a few jokes or humorous dialogue every now and then.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

The Original Battlefield: Bad Company.

The game knew what it wanted to be, and that was a crazy wacky shooter that didn't take itself seriously, starring 4 dudes with more characterization and likeability then the protagonists of every other military FPS combined. BC2 made them more serious, but they were still able to crack a few jokes or humorous dialogue every now and then.

SPYDER0416
As far as shooter games go, no one can match the brilliance of Valve. Not only do they flesh out multiple characters throughout the Half Life series, but even the villains in their games are fleshed out characters. There's pretty much no shooter games out there which show multiple sides of the villains, and Valve is really the only ones that pull that off. Which by default, makes Valve the king of character and personality for shooter games.
ccagracing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ccagracing
Member since 2006 • 845 Posts

I think back to a series like Monkey Island and Guybrush Threepwood, 343 Guilty Spark played his/her/its part well and I think Heavenly Sword had some fantastic voice acting on Nariko and Bohan (spl?) More recently Morrigan from Dragon Age.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
MadWorld... Jack is awesome. Plus the commentators really add some Lawlz to the game. Funny lines going on about Commentator 1 "If i had several lives i'd come back as c0ckroach as they live without a head for 8 days" Commentator 2 "Well i've gone without **** for several years now and im still alive" Yes its awesome..... Commentator 2 "
Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
nathan drake is a horrible, horrible character. i see people forgetting him in a couple of years, he looks like he doesn't have longevity in the industry. travis touch down on the other hand has way, way more personality and the cast in both no more heroes and 2 are pretty good.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#40 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Sonic the Hedgehog, of course.
contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

Screw all the Nathan Drake haters. He easily has more personality than 95% of characters in video games these days. Just because he isn't original doesn't make him terrible. Drake is a likable guy. People really seem to hate anything that's not original these days. Oh well... they can go on hating anything that isn't made by Valve even though Valve sucks horribly.

But the GAME with the most personality would either go to Little Big Planet or Twisted Metal for me.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
There's no such thing as 'the most'. Otherwise yeah TF2 has tons of personality and character that stands out, as a game.

Screw all the Nathan Drake haters. He easily has more personality than 95% of characters in video games these days. Just because he isn't original doesn't make him terrible. Drake is a likable guy. People really seem to hate anything that's not original these days. Oh well... they can go on hating anything that isn't made by Valve even though Valve sucks horribly.

contracts420
The problem with Nathan Drake is that he's remarkably two dimensional, doesn't exactly develop in character ever, in either of the games and his mechanical functionality as a character - e.g. killing hundreds of people and super human feats of scaling undermine his 'likeable everyman' characterisation - to the extent that Naughty Dog need to write villians as moustache twirling evil folk, and Nathan as a one liner machine. He's an attempt at Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly mashed with some Indiana Jones. Now take a character like Manny in Grim Fandango - we learn more about his history, his character and his personality in the opening 30 minutes of the game, then we do Nathan Drake in all of Uncharted 2. One's far better written than the other, however one is far-far-far more focused on the action then a focus on characterisation and character development. It also doesn't help that Nathan isn't a terribly interesting hero archetype either, but that fits with the cheesy action of Uncharted anyhoo.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#44 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
I thought Nathan Drake, but after further thought, I think Neku from TWEWY. :D
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Team Fortress' 2 characters.
mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts

Sully from uncharted, or Glados from Portal.

Flying Hamster as my pick for a game, alongside mgs2, and mvc2.

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
James Marston /thread
contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

There's no such thing as 'the most'. Otherwise yeah TF2 has tons of personality and character that stands out, as a game. [QUOTE="contracts420"]

skrat_01

The problem with Nathan Drake is that he's remarkably two dimensional, doesn't exactly develop in character ever, in either of the games and his mechanical functionality as a character - e.g. killing hundreds of people and super human feats of scaling undermine his 'likeable everyman' characterisation - to the extent that Naughty Dog need to write villians as moustache twirling evil folk, and Nathan as a one liner machine. He's an attempt at Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly mashed with some Indiana Jones. Now take a character like Manny in Grim Fandango - we learn more about his history, his character and his personality in the opening 30 minutes of the game, then we do Nathan Drake in all of Uncharted 2. One's far better written than the other, however one is far-far-far more focused on the action then a focus on characterisation and character development. It also doesn't help that Nathan isn't a terribly interesting hero archetype either, but that fits with the cheesy action of Uncharted anyhoo.

Well it looks as if we will find out more about Drake in the third installement. But I think he is likable. I don't find interest in most incredibly deep characters. I am more into the Indiana Jones, Die Hard type characters anyways. I just find enjoyment in those types of characters. But even the write said that they didn't want to explore Drake too much because it would come across as sad. Could you imagine, a guy who "gets off" on all the blood, bullets and adventure trying to buy something at the grocery store? He is what he is, he makes the most out of every bad situation. If Naughty Dog was trying to create incredibly complex characters than they would have. They wanted to go more for the summer blockbuster popcorn flick style.

So I could see people picking Drake and the story apart if it was trying to be something more, but it's not. It's just a fun story with fun characters in crazy fun over the top situations. That is what it's trying to be and it succeeds in that. Drake is entertaining, he is not overly complex. Just fun and entertaining. Think of Spider-Man when he faces a Villian... just good action with some fun dialogue.

But apparently nobody can make those types of characters or movies anymore without everybody turning into one of those snobby hate all movie critics who only fall for movies at the Sundance Film Festival or SlumDog who gives a crap.

TrapJak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TrapJak
Member since 2011 • 2933 Posts

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]There's no such thing as 'the most'. Otherwise yeah TF2 has tons of personality and character that stands out, as a game. [QUOTE="contracts420"]

contracts420

Well it looks as if we will find out more about Drake in the third installement. But I think he is likable. I don't find interest in most incredibly deep characters. I am more into the Indiana Jones, Die Hard type characters anyways. I just find enjoyment in those types of characters. But even the write said that they didn't want to explore Drake too much because it would come across as sad. Could you imagine, a guy who "gets off" on all the blood, bullets and adventure trying to buy something at the grocery store? He is what he is, he makes the most out of every bad situation. If Naughty Dog was trying to create incredibly complex characters than they would have. They wanted to go more for the summer blockbuster popcorn flick style.

So I could see people picking Drake and the story apart if it was trying to be something more, but it's not. It's just a fun story with fun characters in crazy fun over the top situations. That is what it's trying to be and it succeeds in that. Drake is entertaining, he is not overly complex. Just fun and entertaining. Think of Spider-Man when he faces a Villian... just good action with some fun dialogue.

But apparently nobody can make those types of characters or movies anymore without everybody turning into one of those snobby hate all movie critics who only fall for movies at the Sundance Film Festival or SlumDog who gives a crap.

I agree. ND gave us the most important details already, that Drake is an orphan. Do you really need to know much after that?

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#50 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, No More Heroes, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, TF2.