Where does the skill come in when playing BLOPS?

• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

firefluff3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 firefluff3
Member since 2010 • 2073 Posts

Let's see you do a 360 no scope from across the map.FIipMode

Thats luck and its not even debatable

Jelley0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Jelley0
Member since 2009 • 1867 Posts

This thread is...hilarious. I read all pages :lol:

spittis

Yeah, this was a good thread

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#103 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

All arguments, definitions and other statements by the TC aside, I have seen highly-skilled players not only in FPS, but also in Shmups, puzzle games like Tetris, etc. Hand-eye coordination, memory, reflexive skill, aiming, controlled movement are all developed skills, and such things keep me from being awesome at any of those games. :)

If FPS (since we are speaking about them) are based purely on reflexes, than any random person with great reflexes would be able to pick up a control, learn the control scheme and own the best in the world. However, that isn't the case.

Yes, I know I fell victim to the troll, but that's the fun of it sometimes.

DudeNtheRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 DudeNtheRoom
Member since 2010 • 1276 Posts

Half the ppl that replied after I went to bed need to learn how to comprehend reading. I admitted that BLOPS takes some good reaction time which can be a skill. That doesn't mean I'm contridicting myself. That means, I conversed intellingently with the ONE person in this thread and admitted I was somewhat wrong. I'm not so high and mighty that I don't admit when I'm wrong.

One guy even said I should admit there is a reaction time in COD, when theres 2 pages on it in this thread. I'm sure those ppl are well recieved around here though. I had a different view as to some ofyou and 1 or 2 of you insulted my initelligence.

To the guy who said there are 2 types of reflexes. I want a link to these. I've never heard of 2 reflexes. A reflex is a reflex and a voluntary reaction is a volutary reaction.

In the end, it's reaction time that is used in COD. You can hone it. It's not my kind of game. I like games where aiming is used more.

Edit: and where are ppl getting that I don't think games, in general, any require skill???? As I said before some of you ppl make things up too get along.

iammason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#105 iammason
Member since 2004 • 4189 Posts
On PS3 it's all about who has the best internet connection.
Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106 Renzokucant
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts
ummmmmm has anyone ever heard the phrase, practice until it's a reflex...... This is a case of what came first the chicken or the egg... I think breathing was a reflex first but you can practice and control it, playing video games is a hobby you can practice until it becomes a reflex.. Both take skill... /thread
DudeNtheRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 DudeNtheRoom
Member since 2010 • 1276 Posts
ummmmmm has anyone ever heard the phrase, practice until it's a reflex...... This is a case of what came first the chicken or the egg... I think breathing was a reflex first but you can practice and control it, playing video games is a hobby you can practice until it becomes a reflex.. Both take skill... /threadRenzokucant
You just contradicted yourself.........but no one will notice.
Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#108 Renzokucant
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts
[QUOTE="Renzokucant"]ummmmmm has anyone ever heard the phrase, practice until it's a reflex...... This is a case of what came first the chicken or the egg... I think breathing was a reflex first but you can practice and control it, playing video games is a hobby you can practice until it becomes a reflex.. Both take skill... /threadDudeNtheRoom
You just contradicted yourself.........but no one will notice.

that's the point lol, it comes down to what you consider a reflex or skill. Some here say cod flickering us a reflex some say skill, no ones gonna agree
ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

[QUOTE="soulitane"]

[QUOTE="DudeNtheRoom"] .......................................................the whole world has never heard of the pharse, "hold you breath"?DudeNtheRoom

Did you read what I said? Look at the part where i said if you hold your breath long enough. There is no way for you to stop your body from trying to breathe if the levels of CO2 in your blood stream get too high.

Breathing isn't a reflex. It's voluntary! The point is you can hold your breath. Regardless of the chemical reaction that makes you start up again, you can stop.

So if reflex = involuntary reaction, which cannot be trained, and anythign that is voluntary is therefore NOT a reflex, then how is shooting in COD a reflex and not a skill? Pressing the button to shoot is a voluntary action, therefore by you logic is not a reflex at all and therefore your thread just imploded on your own faulty logic. Boom. /thread.

Sangu1ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#110 Sangu1ne
Member since 2006 • 100 Posts

To the guy who said there are 2 types of reflexes. I want a link to these. I've never heard of 2 reflexes. A reflex is a reflex and a voluntary reaction is a volutary reaction.

DudeNtheRoom

Two major types of relfex - Cranial reflex and stretch relfex, you should know this, it is basic Biology.

http://www.thestretchinghandbook.com/archives/myotatic-stretch-reflex.php - stretch reflex

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharyngeal_reflex - "gag" reflex an example of a cranial reflex, you can also see blinking.

zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#111 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts
Have you ever watched a COD gamebattles video? It takes teamwork to win a capture the flag against good people. It is mostly about reflexes. Being able to dropshot someone before they do it to you is a reflex that it took time to get good at. Good luck playing against people who know what they are doing in CoD.