When a 360 exclusive, goes to the PC is it really an "exclusive lost"?

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for BillGates_Money
BillGates_Money

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 BillGates_Money
Member since 2007 • 1200 Posts
so in the end its a microsoft exclusive
BillGates_Money

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 BillGates_Money
so in the end its a microsoft exclusive
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#103 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
so in the end its a microsoft exclusiveBillGates_Money
Which is a designation you totally just made up. Microsoft does NOT own the PC platform. Let me break it down for you. More than one platform? Check. More than one? Multi Platform? Plat Multiplat. Not exclusive.
Trading_Zoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#104 Trading_Zoner
Member since 2007 • 4100 Posts

Why is this topic brought up so much?

Especially when the answer is so obvious? I think lemmings just can't deal with the fact that most of thier BIG hyped games are going to PC as well. Including Halo 3.

BudgetMessiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 BudgetMessiah
Member since 2007 • 139 Posts

Repeated for emphasis... Microsoft does not own PC gaming.foxhound_fox

You can repeat it all you'd like, it doesn't make you right.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Repeated for emphasis... Microsoft does not own PC gaming.BudgetMessiah

But he is right.

BillGates_Money

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 BillGates_Money

[QUOTE="BillGates_Money"]so in the end its a microsoft exclusiveVandalvideo
Which is a designation you totally just made up. Microsoft does NOT own the PC platform. Let me break it down for you. More than one platform? Check. More than one? Multi Platform? Plat Multiplat. Not exclusive.

ummmmm all im sayin is if M$ owns the rights to it its a M$ exclusive no matter where it goes..whats your beef with M$

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Vandalvideo

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="BillGates_Money"]so in the end its a microsoft exclusiveBillGates_Money

ummmmm all im sayin is if M$ owns the rights to it its a M$ exclusive no matter where it goes..whats your beef with M$

Once again, what relevance does this have to the discussion at hand again? None. Its on more than one platform. Multiplat. Not exclusive. End of story.
Trading_Zoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Trading_Zoner
[QUOTE="BudgetMessiah"]

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Repeated for emphasis... Microsoft does not own PC gaming.Meu2k7

But he is right.

Of course he is. Linux users enjoy PC games as well. On top of that, PC is an open platform.

BillGates_Money

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 BillGates_Money
[QUOTE="BillGates_Money"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="BillGates_Money"]so in the end its a microsoft exclusiveVandalvideo

End of story? who are you my dad? you need to calm down. I didnt disagree with a game being multi plat, all I was saying is that its a m$ exclusive that is all. If it had nothing to do with the conversation then fine, I was just looking for a yes or no not a "its not a console exclusive"

Once again, what relevance does this have to the discussion at hand again? None. Its on more than one platform. Multiplat. Not exclusive. End of story.

Bigboss232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#111 Bigboss232
Member since 2006 • 4997 Posts

If all of you are crying so much over something so stupid dont get halo 3 or fable 2 just buy it for your pc I dont see what the big deal is no pc gamers get to injoy gears why wouldnt you want to enjoy gears like we have. And ninja gaiden has gone to the ps3 with stigma stop crying people if it goes multiplat so what just let things run there course and stop crying.

BillGates_Money

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 BillGates_Money
[QUOTE="BillGates_Money"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="BillGates_Money"]so in the end its a microsoft exclusiveVandalvideo

Calm down man. All im saying that its a M$ exclusive. They still own the rights. I see that its not a PLATFORM EXCLUSIVE

_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#113 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts

An exclusive being lost to the PC is the lamest argument I've ever heard (no explaining required).

PS Microsoft luvs when popular games are ported to the PC. No, they won't recieve revenue directly, but if popular, moresystem demanding games keep gamers usings Windows OS and upgrading said OS to recieve maximum benefits, then you better believe Microsoft luvs it. Heck, I'll bet the bank they asked Epic to port Gears to PC. Especially if Gears supports DX10.

Nevermind gamers.....Microsoft gets to keep Epic and other developersusing Windows OS and Microsoft development tools. It's a win win.

More revenue for MS equals new iterations of Xbox for gamers. All lemmings should get on their knees and kiss hermit feet.

ATrillionaire

The PC is open source. People that buy the games for the pc may well not buy a 360 to do so. If a certain section of a company is only making losses it will be forced to close down. That means: Bye bye Xbox!

PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

Sony fanboys hiding behind the PC that is why the will never realize is that it's still console exclusive. Not everyone has a $2,000 PC to play Gears at high settings to match the 360 version.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Vandalvideo

Sony fanboys hiding behind the PC that is why the will never realize is that it's still console exclusive. Not everyone has a $2,000 PC to play Gears at high settings to match the 360 version.

PS3_3DO
Try 600 dollar PC for max settings in DX9.
Trading_Zoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Trading_Zoner

If all of you are crying so much over something so stupid dont get halo 3 or fable 2 just buy it for your pc I dont see what the big deal is no pc gamers get to injoy gears why wouldnt you want to enjoy gears like we have. And ninja gaiden has gone to the ps3 with stigma stop crying people if it goes multiplat so what just let things run there course and stop crying.

Bigboss232

:lol: Gears is coming to PC :lol:

PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts
[QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]

Vandalvideo

You are going to be Pwnt when Gears is out on the PC and you think your $600 PCis going to match the 360 version! :lol:

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]

PS3_3DO

You are going to be Pwnt when Gears is out on the PC and you think your $600 PCis going to match the 360 version! :lol:

Considering the machine I provided is far superior to the technology inside the 360 and the specs of Crysis coupled with Crytek saying how optimized the game was, I'd have to say you're just throwing speculation without any proof out there.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
Short answer: Microsoft does not own the PC platform. So yes. Shorter answer: yes. More than one platform = multiplat.Vandalvideo
exactly
gnutux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 gnutux
Member since 2005 • 1341 Posts

I mean strictly console speaking...of course it is..

But I mean most games are played on Windows OS PC and we all know what software company runs thats OS.

So if Gears of War published and paid for in part by Microsoft..gets ported over to Windows...which is well published and paid for by Microsoft, is it really an exclusive lost?

Its all kind of staying "in-house" so to speak.

This goes for Lost Planet and other "also available on PC" games.

Its like when GTA VCS and LCS got ported over from PSP to the PS2...I didnt count that as an "exclusive lost" for the PSP

Hermits and Lems shouldnt really argue about exclusive being lost to each other, as they kind of both end up gracing the same companies platform (Microsoft).

I think in terms of consoles its much more painful for PS3 "losing an exclusive" to the 360...then the 360 "losing an exclusive" to the PC

Please dont bother bringing up Linux and Mac OS's for PC gaming because we all know most games being played on a PC are being played on a Windows OS.

What are your thoughts?

P.S. Anybody else picking up "300" for Blu-ray and or HD-DVD? (Im getting the HD-DVD version because I heard it supported better extra features, but both versions will be amazing in HD)rappid_rabbit

Highly debatable.

My answer: until Gears of War or any other X360 titles go to Linux or MacOS X, it's not a lost exclusivity since Microsoft is still publishing the game on their own platform. PC not= Windows. Windows is Microsoft's platform and Gears of War or any other X360 game I don't think will ever land on Linux or MacOS X. Hermits need to learn that they're not PC fanboys but Windows fanboy. Remember, PC runs Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Zeta, SkyOS, Solaris, and technically MacOS X. So let's think this for a sec. How many Microsoft XBOX 360 games are on Linux or any other OS than Windows natively? None, last count. Therefore, exclusivity is not lost.

Short answer: NO

gnutux

PS2_ROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 PS2_ROCKS
Member since 2003 • 4679 Posts
I cannot believe people argue this. The PC and 360 are not the same plaform therefore if a game is on both it must be multiplat. It doesn't matter if Microsoft is the publisher, it is still multiplat.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
I cannot believe people argue this. The PC and 360 are not the same plaform therefore if a game is on both it must be multiplat. It doesn't matter if Microsoft is the publisher, it is still multiplat.PS2_ROCKS
Too bad they will not hear it.
Gangans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#124 Gangans
Member since 2007 • 1273 Posts
Yes it is lost. Many more people have good pc's than an xbox360, so when an xbox360 exclusive goes to pc it will steal sales from any xbox360 owners-to-be and those xbox360 owners who have a good pc and find that they can get the game cheaper and play it at higher graphical settings on pc.
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 smokeydabear076
Yes it is lost. Many more people have good pc's than an xbox360, so when an xbox360 exclusive goes to pc it will steal sales from any xbox360 owners-to-be and those xbox360 owners who have a good pc and find that they can get the game cheaper and play it at higher graphical settings on pc.Gangans
Sales have nothing to do with its exclusivity.
swanlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 swanlee
Member since 2002 • 248 Posts

None of the 360 games are coming out on anything other than Windows, which is an MS platform. PC gaming = Windows for these games people are referring to, so No it's not a lost exclusive. By there logic the PS2 and PS3 have lost alot of exclusives to the PSP.

It's sad that the PS3 is so bad at gaming it has turned PS3 cows into PC gamers because they can no longer defend how crappy the PS3 is.

gnutux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 gnutux
Member since 2005 • 1341 Posts

I cannot believe people argue this. The PC and 360 are not the same plaform therefore if a game is on both it must be multiplat. It doesn't matter if Microsoft is the publisher, it is still multiplat.PS2_ROCKS

It's still multiplat, but the term exclusive means that it's only available on the company's platform. Actually, the term itself isn't really defined.

gnutux

Bigboss232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Bigboss232
your right its not really defined Microsoft is puting there game on another microsoft system the pc and it will probably only work on windows vista which is microsoft so how are they losing an exclusive again.
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 smokeydabear076

[QUOTE="PS2_ROCKS"]I cannot believe people argue this. The PC and 360 are not the same plaform therefore if a game is on both it must be multiplat. It doesn't matter if Microsoft is the publisher, it is still multiplat.gnutux

It's still multiplat, but the term exclusive means that it's only available on the company's platform. Actually, the term itself isn't really defined.

gnutux

Yeah and the PC is not Microsoft's platform it is the user's.
Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts
I think that it is an exclusive lost........ But I'm against the exclusive hording so I don't care.
Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts
[QUOTE="gnutux"]

[QUOTE="PS2_ROCKS"]I cannot believe people argue this. The PC and 360 are not the same plaform therefore if a game is on both it must be multiplat. It doesn't matter if Microsoft is the publisher, it is still multiplat.smokeydabear076

gnutux

If the game is a Vista only game then they require MS software for the game. So it's not a MS platform.... buts is still essential to the process of playing..... and.... umm.... I dunno where I'm going with this. bu tI see where some people are coming from when they say it isn't a lost exclusive, but I still disagree with them.

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 smokeydabear076
[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="gnutux"]

[QUOTE="PS2_ROCKS"]I cannot believe people argue this. The PC and 360 are not the same plaform therefore if a game is on both it must be multiplat. It doesn't matter if Microsoft is the publisher, it is still multiplat.Private_Vegas

gnutux

If the game is a Vista only game then they require MS software for the game. So it's not a MS platform.... buts is still essential to the process of playing..... and.... umm.... I dunno where I'm going with this. bu tI see where some people are coming from when they say it isn't a lost exclusive, but I still disagree with them.

Oh and what does any Mircosoft OS require? or do you just buy a copy of windows xp and it transforms into a PC?
Suyomizzle_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#133 Suyomizzle_
Member since 2005 • 1317 Posts

Short answer: Microsoft does not own the PC platform. So yes. Shorter answer: yes. More than one platform = multiplat.Vandalvideo

Agreed.

It's one less reason to buy a 360 if you have a PC, and that's all there is to it. Assuming that the porting is top-notch of course.

Hermitkermit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#134 Hermitkermit
Member since 2005 • 1880 Posts

Are Console's doomed to walk in the shadows of PCs forever!!!!!!

I wonder if the Mac gained any from this.....

Bigboss232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Bigboss232
yes they are but than again im a console gamer and wish i could game on my pc :cry:
swanlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 swanlee
Member since 2002 • 248 Posts

Answer this question are any 360 games mentioned here planned to show up on any other operating system than Windows?

The answer is no,

You can call the PC an open platform all you want but if you are talking about playing these games you are talking about Windows which is an MS product. MS has encouraged titles going to Vista and has built a PC live interface and pc achievements so 360 players can play with PC players online. It's part of their company strategy and is not a lost exclusive.

Acenso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Acenso
Member since 2006 • 2355 Posts

Its yes and no...Its kind of one of those gray areas...They are direct competition yet at the sametime indirect.

For the most part I would say it is just a bunch of cows pretending PC matters...When last gen they were saying it was dead...Unless of course about Halo and Kotor. Notice how it seems to be always big games that matter?

I like MS better for this reason...It seems like if the developer wants to port it to PC...They will let them. Sony on the other hand...Since they just picked up the new Q-Dreams game...means no PC version.:cry:

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 smokeydabear076

Answer this question are any 360 games mentioned here palnned to show up on ny other operating system than Windows?

The answer is no,

You can call the PC open platform all you want but if you are talking about platying these games you are talking about Windows which is an MS product. MS has encouraged titles going to Vista and has built a PC live interface so 360 players can play with PC players online. It's part of their company strategy and is not a lost exclusive.

swanlee
The system exclusivity is lost.
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#139 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts

Answer this question are any 360 games mentioned here palnned to show up on ny other operating system than Windows?

The answer is no,

You can call the PC open platform all you want but if you are talking about platying these games you are talking about Windows which is an MS product. MS has encouraged titles going to Vista and has built a PC live interface so 360 players can play with PC players online. It's part of their company strategy and is not a lost exclusive.

swanlee
they don't make money of pc games! They don't own rights to them or anything! So it's not a MS exclusive. Not everyone buys Windows for games, basically everyone has it. Even if MS tries to force a game to be on there OS, it is not their game, there exclusive.
Bigboss232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Bigboss232
Stop crying on this subject its not exclusive anymore get over it alright Halo 3 wont be exclusive lets just call them both timed exclusives there now stop crying its getting annoying.