When a 360 exclusive, goes to the PC is it really an "exclusive lost"?

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts
[QUOTE="JPOBS"][QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="JPOBS"][QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="JPOBS"]

[QUOTE="makingmusic476"]And the whole point of exclusives is that they are a reason to buy a specific platform over another. THis is System Wars. It's alla bout console sales, right? Ifa 360 exclusive games suddenly appears on the pc, it's one less reason to buy a 360.cobrax75

Well it depends.

Majority of gamers play exclusively on console. So in most cases, its still a valid reson to buy 360.

hermits like to pretend the pc is a bigger market than it accually is.

Microsoft themselves estimate it at about 200 million.

You realize that's bigger than the userbases of the PS2, Xbox, GameCube, 360, PS3 and Wii combined?

I've heard the same estimates but i dont think they are a reality. Besides, pc game sales are slumping and have been for years now.

So you don't think the estimates are a reality? Base that on anything? You realize they need to be wrong by about 90% in their estimate for your opinion to hold water (ie, that they've overestimated the PC userbase by about 190+ million for consoles to match it).

And no, PC game sales haven't been slumping because they've shifted to unrecordable formats. The NPD has no way to track how many games are being sold through Steam and Direct2Drive (and since Steam has 13 million members, I'm thinking a lot). The NPD has basically admitted it can't keep a track of PC games and it's records are not a good trend recording.

Nor do we have much of a gauge how things are around the world (ie, outside the US).

And in actuality, these figures have risen the past year.

So your argument has no stock.

How can you say that we have no way of recording any pc sales, and then go on to say "the figures of risen"? doesnt seem to make sense.

And like i said, if there were 200 million avid pc gamers thats fine, its just that those sales dont show throw in the market. If we are going to argue untracable pc sales then this arguement will go nowhere.

But by and large, consoles seem to have more million sellers on a regular basis. now if you want to argue the invisible sales through teh steam and teh D2D then This ends here.

what invisible sales?

Steam has 13 million users......

Steam is not a game.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Repeated for emphasis... Microsoft does not own PC gaming.FlamingFlamingo

They may not OWN it, but developers are almost forced to develop thier games on a Windows OS, and MS is trying to find a way to have a larger role in PC gaming with "Games for Windows".

So I guess ATI owns a lot of the Xbox 360 because developers depend on their hardware to make games for the 360. ATI FTW!
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

How can you say that we have no way of recording any pc sales, and then go on to say "the figures of risen"? doesnt seem to make sense.JPOBS

No, what I said was, there's no way to record a large amount of PC sales, but the data we do have suggests an upward trend.

And like i said, if there were 200 million avid pc gamers thats fine, its just that those sales dont show throw in the market. If we are going to argue untracable pc sales then this arguement will go nowhere.

But by and large, consoles seem to have more million sellers on a regular basis. now if you want to argue the invisible sales through teh steam and teh D2D then This ends here.

JPOBS

Ok, so we'll just have to leave definitive statements on software sales out of it, since you claim we can't say how it falls either way. Remember however, you brought the point of software sales up.

So again we look back to hardware, where the PC is estimated as much larger.

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 JPOBS

Yeah, because Supreme Commander, Company of Heroes, Command & Conquer 3, the Lord of the Rings Online, etc. etc.have been out for years. :roll:

Just wait until Spore and Crysis come out. ;)

makingmusic476
i'd be surprised if those 200 million pc gamers could even run spore and crysis :?
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#55 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
They may not OWN it, but developers are almost forced to develop thier games on a Windows OS, and MS is trying to find a way to have a larger role in PC gaming with "Games for Windows".FlamingFlamingo

Which is why Blizzard, one of the largest PC-only gaming developers develops their games for both Windows and MAC at the same time?
archpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 archpro
Member since 2007 • 981 Posts

Short answer: Microsoft does not own the PC platform. So yes. Shorter answer: yes. More than one platform = multiplat.Vandalvideo

But microsoft Owns Windows, and most all games are developed for windows :).

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 JPOBS
[QUOTE="JPOBS"]

How can you say that we have no way of recording any pc sales, and then go on to say "the figures of risen"? doesnt seem to make sense.Danm_999

No, what I said was, there's no way to record a large amount of PC sales, but the data we do have suggests an upward trend.

JPOBS

Ok, so we'll just have to leave definitive statements on software sales out of it, since you claim we can't say how it falls either way. Remember however, you brought the point of software sales up.

Like i've said, I know the esitmates. i cant think of any possible way they could come up with said estimates. I mean how would they go about doing that?
cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts
[QUOTE="cobrax75"][QUOTE="JPOBS"][QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="JPOBS"][QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="JPOBS"]

[QUOTE="makingmusic476"]And the whole point of exclusives is that they are a reason to buy a specific platform over another. THis is System Wars. It's alla bout console sales, right? Ifa 360 exclusive games suddenly appears on the pc, it's one less reason to buy a 360.JPOBS

Well it depends.

Majority of gamers play exclusively on console. So in most cases, its still a valid reson to buy 360.

hermits like to pretend the pc is a bigger market than it accually is.

Microsoft themselves estimate it at about 200 million.

You realize that's bigger than the userbases of the PS2, Xbox, GameCube, 360, PS3 and Wii combined?

I've heard the same estimates but i dont think they are a reality. Besides, pc game sales are slumping and have been for years now.

So you don't think the estimates are a reality? Base that on anything? You realize they need to be wrong by about 90% in their estimate for your opinion to hold water (ie, that they've overestimated the PC userbase by about 190+ million for consoles to match it).

And no, PC game sales haven't been slumping because they've shifted to unrecordable formats. The NPD has no way to track how many games are being sold through Steam and Direct2Drive (and since Steam has 13 million members, I'm thinking a lot). The NPD has basically admitted it can't keep a track of PC games and it's records are not a good trend recording.

Nor do we have much of a gauge how things are around the world (ie, outside the US).

And in actuality, these figures have risen the past year.

So your argument has no stock.

How can you say that we have no way of recording any pc sales, and then go on to say "the figures of risen"? doesnt seem to make sense.

what invisible sales?

Steam has 13 million users......

Steam is not a game.

they sell games....and those sales are not counted by NPD numbers....

NPD numbers also do not count sales from subscription based games.....

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 smokeydabear076

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]Short answer: Microsoft does not own the PC platform. So yes. Shorter answer: yes. More than one platform = multiplat.archpro

ATI owns the Xbox 360 I guess because all of their games are developed for ATI's hardware.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#60 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]Short answer: Microsoft does not own the PC platform. So yes. Shorter answer: yes. More than one platform = multiplat.archpro

But windows isn't the platform. PC is the platform. fission mailed.
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Danm_999
[QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="JPOBS"]

How can you say that we have no way of recording any pc sales, and then go on to say "the figures of risen"? doesnt seem to make sense.JPOBS

JPOBS

Like i've said, I know the esitmates. i cant think of any possible way they could come up with said estimates. I mean how would they go about doing that?

I've no idea, but I imagine Microsoft has a little more of a grasp on things than you or I.

And face it, they aren't going to be off by hundreds of millions.

rappid_rabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 rappid_rabbit
Member since 2007 • 900 Posts

Okay gathered from your responses...its something like this I guess...

Any other platform = exclusive lost (multiplat)

But it gets muddy when its a MS published game i.e. Halo, Gears(most of you cannot agree on this)

So I guess the PSP did lose some exclusives after all - according to you guys.

ATrillionaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ATrillionaire
Member since 2003 • 172 Posts

An exclusive being lost to the PC is the lamest argument I've ever heard (no explaining required).

PS Microsoft luvs when popular games are ported to the PC. No, they won't recieve revenue directly, but if popular, moresystem demanding games keep gamers usings Windows OS and upgrading said OS to recieve maximum benefits, then you better believe Microsoft luvs it. Heck, I'll bet the bank they asked Epic to port Gears to PC. Especially if Gears supports DX10.

Nevermind gamers.....Microsoft gets to keep Epic and other developersusing Windows OS and Microsoft development tools. It's a win win.

More revenue for MS equals new iterations of Xbox for gamers. All lemmings should get on their knees and kiss hermit feet.

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 smokeydabear076

But it gets muddy when its a MS published game i.e. Halo, Gears(most of you cannot agree on this)

rappid_rabbit
How does it get muddy? 1 system + 1 system = 2 systems. This means that a game can be experience on not one, but 2 different systems. It does not matter that MS made the game or whatever, it is in no way exclusive to one system.
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

Can I hit teh final nail into the coffin on this "That trailer is GeoW2 not PC version" :roll: now?

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 smokeydabear076

Can I hit teh final nail into the coffin on this "That trailer is GeoW2 not PC version" :roll: now?

Meu2k7
Some people are saying that it is Gears of War 2. I guess that would be even better.
archpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 archpro
Member since 2007 • 981 Posts
[QUOTE="archpro"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]Short answer: Microsoft does not own the PC platform. So yes. Shorter answer: yes. More than one platform = multiplat.smokeydabear076

ATI owns the Xbox 360 I guess because all of their games are developed for ATI's hardware.

What OS runs xbox360? exactly, but then that means the Linux owns ps3 games, dunno. either way you can't play GeOW on PC without windows.

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts
[QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

smokeydabear076

Some people are saying that it is Gears of War 2. I guess that would be even better.

either way....its coming to the PC.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Meu2k7
[QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

smokeydabear076

Hmmmm little confused with your response :P , That is the PC's version of the ingame- LIVE interface , as used in Shadowrun & Halo 2.

omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts

technically it loses exclusivity but then again... its to the pc... so that doesnt really matter

i'm not even sure pc competes with consoles so "losing" a game to pc doesnt matter much

petch117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 petch117
Member since 2005 • 267 Posts
to me its all about the console wars. I dont feel that it hurts 360 sales if it goes to pc then say if it halo came out on ps3 later. A lot of console gamers are not interested in always upgrading there computer to run games but just do the basic stuff on pc. you could say its not only on 360 but it will only really interest the public if it went to ps3.
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Danm_999

technically it loses exclusivity but then again... its to the pc... so that doesnt really matter

i'm not even sure pc competes with consoles so "losing" a game to pc doesnt matter much

omarguy01

Why doesn't it matter?

From a strictly numerical perspective, it'd be better if it lost exclusivity to the PS3 or Wii, that way it would be available to less people.

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 smokeydabear076
[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="archpro"]

ATI, IBM, and Microsoft.

Yeah and do you even want to start listing the names of PC hardware companies?
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 foxhound_fox

omarguy01

Why does it not matter? I, a person who does not own a 360, can now play a once 360 exclusive. And the only money Microsoft gets from me is the money I payed for Windows.

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 smokeydabear076
[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

Meu2k7

Hmmmm little confused with your response :P , That is the PC's version of the ingame- LIVE interface , as used in Shadowrun & Halo 2.

Uh I never said it was not the PC version. So I am confused why you responded in that way. I am saying that lemmings are saying that it is Gears of War 2 and since it is PC footage it would be nice to get it.
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Meu2k7
[QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

smokeydabear076

Uh I never said it was not the PC version. So I am confused why you responded in that way. I am saying that lemmings are saying that it is Gears of War 2 and since it is PC footage it would be nice to get it.

Yea ok, I thought you might of meant that, but wasnt sure. Added the rest for those that didnt know it was the PC's version of LIVE UI.

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 smokeydabear076
[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

Meu2k7

Yea ok, I thought you might of meant that, but wasnt sure. Added the rest for those that didnt know it was the PC's version of LIVE UI.

If you do not mind I am going to use that picture in the PC boards.
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Meu2k7

Sure, go ahead.

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 smokeydabear076

Meu2k7

Sure, go ahead.

Thanks.
trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts

SYSTEM WARS

And MS doesn't own PC gaming. Get over it.

cjnwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#81 cjnwo4life
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts

is MS publishing the PC Version? If they are, does it really matter which platiform it's for? They'd still be raking in the cash from itTheBigDrat

All monies from games published by MS go to MS. When MS decided to put Halo on the pc, that was Ms Decision and they profited from it. Gears monies; when it arrives on pc, will be split by MS and Epic and that decision was made by MS to generate more profit. In the end, most people who buy consoles won't look to the pc to play games. Those are two distinctly different demographics and people here need to get off the topic and move onto other pressing issues.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 foxhound_fox
All monies from games published by MS go to MS. When MS decided to put Halo on the pc, that was Ms Decision and they profited from it. Gears monies; when it arrives on pc, will be split by MS and Epic and that decision was made by MS to generate more profit. In the end, most people who buy consoles won't look to the pc to play games. Those are two distinctly different demographics and people here need to get off the topic and move onto other pressing issues.cjnwo4life

I buy consoles and play PC games as well... :|
cjnwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 cjnwo4life

[QUOTE="cjnwo4life"]All monies from games published by MS go to MS. When MS decided to put Halo on the pc, that was Ms Decision and they profited from it. Gears monies; when it arrives on pc, will be split by MS and Epic and that decision was made by MS to generate more profit. In the end, most people who buy consoles won't look to the pc to play games. Those are two distinctly different demographics and people here need to get off the topic and move onto other pressing issues.foxhound_fox

I buy consoles and play PC games as well... :|

Mass market consumers. Don't pick out 1 thing without noticing I said that pc gaming and console gaming are truly 2 different demographics.

Farzan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Farzan777
Member since 2006 • 538 Posts

So what if Gears of War comes to Vista. Its Microsoft's OS anyways and besides, more people need to enjoy a game like Gears of War. Its the same thing that happened with Halo. People loved it on the XBOX and Microsoft ported it over to the PC and now Halo 2 was ported to the PC. I see no problem here. People make such a big deal about it saying "oh , Microsoft lost an exclusive" which is stupid because they didnt. I only clarify losing an exclusive if the game went to the PS3. If Gears of War went to the PS3 which will never happen by the way, then I would say oh, Microsoft lost an exclusive..

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 foxhound_fox

So what if Gears of War comes to Vista. Its Microsoft's OS anyways and besides, more people need to enjoy a game like Gears of War. Its the same thing that happened with Halo. People loved it on the XBOX and Microsoft ported it over to the PC and now Halo 2 was ported to the PC. I see no problem here. People make such a big deal about it saying "oh , Microsoft lost an exclusive" which is stupid because they didnt. I only clarify losing an exclusive if the game went to the PS3. If Gears of War went to the PS3 which will never happen by the way, then I would say oh, Microsoft lost an exclusive..

Farzan777

But what happens if that 360 game is not published by Microsoft and then ported to PC where it might run on MAC or Linux?
cjnwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 cjnwo4life
[QUOTE="Farzan777"]

foxhound_fox

But what happens if that 360 game is not published by Microsoft and then ported to PC where it might run on MAC or Linux?

In the end, pc gaming and console gaming generally have 2 distinctly different demographics and most of the time do not go hand in hand. That's why you see games for pc, and eventually on consoles and vice versa as publishers know that , in most cases, the audiences do not mix.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts
Repeated for emphasis... Microsoft does not own PC gaming.foxhound_fox
They DO own the rights to GeOW..So they WILL make money, going to the PC.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Repeated for emphasis... Microsoft does not own PC gaming.Heil68
They DO own the rights to GeOW..So they WILL make money, going to the PC.

Your point? Its still losing an exclusive. The 360 that is.
Ryusuken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Ryusuken
Member since 2003 • 467 Posts

To put it simply: its one less reason to buy a X360 (not that I have any anyway). Why would I buy a X360 (with all the failure reports, the high price - here in Brazil is practicaly the same as the PS3, when its not even more expensive) when I could (and problably) will end having the most interesting games of its library on my PC for less money and being better?

So, IN MY BOOK, if its slated as PC/X360, its not exclusive. I will buy the Pc version if I get interested into it without thinking twice.

Ps- My current Pccan run Crysis, at medium settings. And I am already planning to upgrade it just to play Crysis. (you know, from 2GB DDR 667 ram to 4GBDDR 800, my nvidia 7900GTX to a 8800 GTX or better and so on. maybe even my Core 2Duo E6400 OC to a Quad core.....who knows......and no, I am still thinking about these upgrades, and I do know that this will cost a lot, but interesting enough, not more than buying a X360 or a PS3...while I do understand the high taxes we pay here in Brazil for high tech imports, the PC parts are somehow cheap....yeah, its weird huh)

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Heil68
[QUOTE="Riki101"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]Short answer: Microsoft does not own the PC platform. So yes. Shorter answer: yes. More than one platform = multiplat.Vandalvideo

microsoft owns windows and its made for windows, so its still exclusive for them if you buy it, your still supporting microsoft

Which holds no bearing on the actual discussion at hand. Windows is not the platform. The PC is the platform. Windows is the operating system. If we use your logic, I guess its also an Epic, Valve, Creative, Kingston, AMD, INTEL, Nvidia, etc platform. The software does not determine the platform. It is multi-plat. It is not exclusive. Microsoft does not own the PC platform.

I agree with you, not going to argue. How many of todays games for the PC are made for MAC or Linux. What you describe, I have a lot of diffrent choices for my hardware. I dont want to get owned on a %, but I would say its high that you need MS windows to run todays games.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Heil68
[QUOTE="FlamingFlamingo"]They may not OWN it, but developers are almost forced to develop thier games on a Windows OS, and MS is trying to find a way to have a larger role in PC gaming with "Games for Windows".foxhound_fox

Which is why Blizzard, one of the largest PC-only gaming developers develops their games for both Windows and MAC at the same time?

How well did it sell for Mac compaired to Windows?
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="FlamingFlamingo"]They may not OWN it, but developers are almost forced to develop thier games on a Windows OS, and MS is trying to find a way to have a larger role in PC gaming with "Games for Windows".Heil68

Probably the same proportions to how much of the OS industry microsoft owns. Notice how I said OS industry. That does not mean they own the PC industry.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Heil68
[QUOTE="rappid_rabbit"]

smokeydabear076
How does it get muddy? 1 system + 1 system = 2 systems. This means that a game can be experience on not one, but 2 different systems. It does not matter that MS made the game or whatever, it is in no way exclusive to one system.

So if the game is diffrent in any way shape or form, ie: new levels, characters,ect. Is it a PC exclusive and 360 retains the excluvie to the 360 version? ala NGS for the PS3?
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Heil68
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="FlamingFlamingo"]They may not OWN it, but developers are almost forced to develop thier games on a Windows OS, and MS is trying to find a way to have a larger role in PC gaming with "Games for Windows".Vandalvideo

Probably the same proportions to how much of the OS industry microsoft owns. Notice how I said OS industry. That does not mean they own the PC industry.

I agree, and am not arguing that point. Seems like nobody wants to even admit a little bit that pc games benifit MS in the slightest way.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="rappid_rabbit"]

Heil68

So if the game is diffrent in any way shape or form, ie: new levels, characters,ect. Is it a PC exclusive and 360 retains the excluvie to the 360 version? ala NGS for the PS3?

I've heard alot of how NGS is different and all, and being an entirely new game. After watching some of the commercials I thought I was seeing Ninja Gaiden all over again with improve graphics. I myself consider NGS to be a next gen port of a last gen game. Not an entirely new game. Its not an entirely new game.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Heil68
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="rappid_rabbit"]

Vandalvideo

I've heard alot of how NGS is different and all, and being an entirely new game. After watching some of the commercials I thought I was seeing Ninja Gaiden all over again with improve graphics. I myself consider NGS to be a next gen port of a last gen game. I agree..The only reason I spoke up was becasue of the whole NGS fiasco and that MS will make money on GeOW going to PC ,because they publish it. They(360) loose the exclusively to the game, but MS take home money anyways...Like they need it :|
dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
ever notice how a huge percetntage of 360 games are ARE or were PC games? all microsoft did was take a Mac/pc, strip it down, and throw it into a box. Its really not a big mystery how most 360 games are pc ports, unless microsoft pays em to release on 360 first just so it looks otherwise.
Avatar image for BillGates_Money
BillGates_Money

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 BillGates_Money
Member since 2007 • 1200 Posts
i never count the pc...because there are so many pc's out there. there is only one 360 and ps3 technically...oplus pc has the modding fan base consoles don't
squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#100 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

I mean strictly console speaking...of course it is..

But I mean most games are played on Windows OS PC and we all know what software company runs thats OS.

So if Gears of War published and paid for in part by Microsoft..gets ported over to Windows...which is well published and paid for by Microsoft, is it really an exclusive lost?

Its all kind of staying "in-house" so to speak.

This goes for Lost Planet and other "also available on PC" games.

Its like when GTA VCS and LCS got ported over from PSP to the PS2...I didnt count that as an "exclusive lost" for the PSP

Hermits and Lems shouldnt really argue about exclusive being lost to each other, as they kind of both end up gracing the same companies platform (Microsoft).

I think in terms of consoles its much more painful for PS3 "losing an exclusive" to the 360...then the 360 "losing an exclusive" to the PC

Please dont bother bringing up Linux and Mac OS's for PC gaming because we all know most games being played on a PC are being played on a Windows OS.

What are your thoughts?

P.S. Anybody else picking up "300" for Blu-ray and or HD-DVD? (Im getting the HD-DVD version because I heard it supported better extra features, but both versions will be amazing in HD)

rappid_rabbit

Yes the pc is also a gaming machine so gears of war is now not an xbox 360 exclusive, and mass effect seems it will also be making its way to pc's.