What's the deal with Crackdown 3 and cloudgine?

• 71 results
WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

I believe it's another instance of "MS lies, Lem dream dies"

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Cloud = dedicated servers + potentially distributed computing (the problematic part).

Anything real time can't work properly, you think people lagging on servers is bad, add physics normally done on the local machine to that and you will have a real fun time with things glitching out. I can only imagine the number of desyncs that will occur.

Thats the problem with MS, they boast about shit before someone tells them it can't be done on anything other than a local area network.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#53 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17427 Posts

OMG.....

Cloudgine is a middleware engine that enables developers to use cloud computing in their games.

Is like Havok allowing developers to implement physics without coding it themselves.

This is useful because 95% of game engines are not built to be able to access or take advantage of cloud processing in real time.

At least educate yourself before making a thread.

Epic bought Cloudgine (the developer) so that could implement its tech directly into UE4, which would make it a highly sought after engine once again.

Cloudgine is NOT a cloud itself.

Crackdown 3 was being developed using Cloudgine, but still used Azure cloud.

"Crackdown 3 initially promised to go even further with this conceit, as something of a post-modernist, open-world game in which the player destroys the entire open world. Powered in part by Jones’ Cloudgine middleware and Microsoft’s Azure cloud computing platform, it would allow players to fell skyscrapers with a well-placed explosive. This still exists, but is contained to a multiplayer mode."

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/14/15788056/crackdown-3-xbox-one-x-preview-microsoft-gameplay-trailer

The engine gives developers the choice to use whatever cloud server they wish.

"Even if it’s cloud-agnostic, the tech of course requires servers to run its calculations. While a cloud setup is not specifically necessary, the easiest available way to get large amounts of compute power is a hardware cloud like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft’s Azure or Google Cloud."

https://www.dualshockers.com/cloudgine-cloud-tech-multiplatform-crackdown-3/

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@cainetao11: your actually proving my point. Its the lems doing the sucking worrying cooperate decisions while they still have to pay to play fornite on their console

Should i be mad that madden nfl doesnt have cross play?

Now look in the mirrior and realize who sucks

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

OMG.....

Cloudgine is a middleware engine that enables developers to use cloud computing in their games.

Is like Havok allowing developers to implement physics without coding it themselves.

This is useful because 95% of game engines are not built to be able to access or take advantage of cloud processing in real time.

Epic bought Cloudgine (the developer) so that could implement its tech directly into UE4, which would make it a highly sought after engine once again.

"Crackdown 3 initially promised to go even further with this conceit, as something of a post-modernist, open-world game in which the player destroys the entire open world. Powered in part by Jones’ Cloudgine middleware and Microsoft’s Azure cloud computing platform, it would allow players to fell skyscrapers with a well-placed explosive. This still exists, but is contained to a multiplayer mode."

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/14/15788056/crackdown-3-xbox-one-x-preview-microsoft-gameplay-trailer

"Even if it’s cloud-agnostic, the tech of course requires servers to run its calculations. While a cloud setup is not specifically necessary, the easiest available way to get large amounts of compute power is a hardware cloud like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft’s Azure or Google Cloud."

Epic acquires Cloudgine so Unreal devs can offload game processing to servers.

Cloudgine’s tech uses cloud servers to enable console, PC, and virtual reality games to render content and interactive objects without worrying about the platform. This is a concept that has shown up in a handful of games, like Titanfall and Forza Motorsport 7. In those online shooters and racing games, the developers offload artificial intelligence routines to the cloud.

https://venturebeat.com/2018/01/22/epic-acquires-cloudgine-so-unreal-devs-can-offload-game-processing-to-servers/

Is not just middleware.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 navyguy21
@tormentos said:
@navyguy21 said:

OMG.....

Epic acquires Cloudgine so Unreal devs can offload game processing to servers.

Cloudgine’s tech uses cloud servers to enable console, PC, and virtual reality games to render content and interactive objects without worrying about the platform. This is a concept that has shown up in a handful of games, like Titanfall and Forza Motorsport 7. In those online shooters and racing games, the developers offload artificial intelligence routines to the cloud.

https://venturebeat.com/2018/01/22/epic-acquires-cloudgine-so-unreal-devs-can-offload-game-processing-to-servers/

Is not just middleware.

Ok, now youre just trolling

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@tormentos:

‘Cloudgine’s tech uses cloud servers to enable console’

If Cloudgine was a cloud why would it use a cloud?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#58 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Livecommander said:

@cainetao11: your actually proving my point. Its the lems doing the sucking worrying cooperate decisions while they still have to pay to play fornite on their console

Should i be mad that madden nfl doesnt have cross play?

Now look in the mirrior and realize who sucks

Actually you're proving mine. I don't play it so I didn't know about paying to play it. I reached out to Xbox leadership about it. Soren6611 is my twitter handle. Do you reach out to Kaz and Yoshida? LOL

I don't care what you care about. I don't care about you, to be honest. But the bottom line is, devs, gamers, and not just lems, you need to check reddit pal, many many PS gamers are speaking up about this and the media is. It isn't some little lem conspiracy like you in SW want to pretend it is LMAO. Its an issue.

Who sucks? Well that would be the company that tells me if I pay EA for something, I cant take my EA account and what I paid them for, somewhere else. No excuses.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@cainetao11: ill reach out to them whe n theres a real problem and it wont be via Twitter

Point of a console is to be satisfied with that designated platform

Fornite is just a super popular game thats why the commotion is gettin to ppl.

If they free the accounts i wont care. Im actually for it. Its just not a big issue. This sensitive generation is just whining again.

I care about you and every living thing btw

Youll reach those levels of maturity one day lol

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#60  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@tormentos

13 times more powerful = 13 times more exclusives ? 0 x 13= 0 . I PASS !

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11099 Posts
@whatafailure said:

I believe it's another instance of "MS lies, Lem dream dies"

MS can't stop lying. Xbots are already downplaying that MS lied to them about VR with Xbox One X. They knew VR was a loser, they just let Sony bait them.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

Yeah play stupid.

@boycie said:

@tormentos:

Oh brother...

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 navyguy21
@tormentos said:
@navyguy21 said:

Yeah play stupid.

@boycie said:

@tormentos:

Oh brother...

No one is playing stupid except for you. Its on their website AND their Wiki page.

And their name comes from what they are..............CLOUD.............ENGINE.

YOU are playing stupid and ignoring facts on purpose.

This thread should be locked for spreading misinformation.

I know what im talking about since i followed that deal AND my brother in law worked for the company.

"In January 2018, it was announced that Cloudgine had been acquired by Epic Games for an undisclosed sum.[12][13] Epic Games plans to natively integrate Cloudgine's technology into their game engine, Unreal Engine 4.[14]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloudgine

Just as i said earlier. Its middleware and will be integrated into UE4 and beyond.

Mods, please lock this ridiculous trolling attempt

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

@cainetao11: bought by Epic, sorry if i typo'd and said EA.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

@navyguy21: well said, and a couple more posts after this, it will go back to MS doom n gloom. People seem to just wait for any MS News and spin a negative as fast as they can.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

This game is gonna suck a huge bag of dicks at the end of the day or get cancelled. No amount of offloading physics to some bullshit cloud server will fix that.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#68 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69492 Posts

@dagubot said:

You're still on this Crackdown stuff huh?

Yep. Its funny how the most dedicated fans of this game are Sony fannies. LMAO. Xbox has them as their bitch because they research and talk about the system and its games more than anything else combined. I love it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56115 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

Actually you're proving mine. I don't play it so I didn't know about paying to play it. I reached out to Xbox leadership about it. Soren6611 is my twitter handle. Do you reach out to Kaz and Yoshida? LOL

I don't care what you care about. I don't care about you, to be honest. But the bottom line is, devs, gamers, and not just lems, you need to check reddit pal, many many PS gamers are speaking up about this and the media is. It isn't some little lem conspiracy like you in SW want to pretend it is LMAO. Its an issue.

Who sucks? Well that would be the company that tells me if I pay EA for something, I cant take my EA account and what I paid them for, somewhere else. No excuses.

At first, I didn't care about cross-play but I will say this. This outrage is all over the place on gaming media sites as it is. I think Sony is aware of it now but the problem is, once they said no, they don't wanna change there minds supporting cross-play cause they know it'll make them weak by giving in. I didn't think it was that big of a deal but you were right cainetao11!

As for Fortnite, I played it on PS4 which is where I started on my account there, but I don't play it that very much and the game bores me at times.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11099 Posts
@Pedro said:
@dagubot said:

You're still on this Crackdown stuff huh?

Yep. Its funny how the most dedicated fans of this game are Sony fannies. LMAO. Xbox has them as their bitch because they research and talk about the system and its games more than anything else combined. I love it.

System Wars is giving you PTSD.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

I enjoying mocking Lems over Crackdown 3 as much as the next man..... but Torm.....you have issues.