What is the worst Nintendo system?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

Poll What is the worst Nintendo system? (195 votes)

Nintendo Entertainment System 4%
Super Nintendo Entertainment System 1%
Nintendo 64 11%
Gamecube 9%
Wii 34%
Wii U 25%
Gameboy 8%
Gameboy Color 6%
Gameboy Advance 1%
Nintendo DS 0%
Nintendo 3DS 2%

So, I decided to mix this up. Now that console and handheld are in the mix, this question becomes a lot harder to answer, doesn't it?

What is the single worst Nintendo system of all time?

Yes, I realize I left out the Virtual Boy. That was done on purpose, as I know it would have won. What I am interested in seeing is which of Nintendo's mainline systems would win this poll.

So come on, guys. Chop chop. Have at it.

• 
SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#101 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

@93BlackHawk93: Nah, everything from the character roster and move sets are a huge step down.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

I think both of those lineups are very good for only being at the 2 year point, actually. The Wii dried up shortly after that, though. I guess that could still happen to the Wii U as well.

Like a dozen good to great games, with a couple excellent of standouts, is good for a 2 year old console? A typical single year for the Xbox or PS consoles would be multiple times that length. Glad you're happy with them but compared to what the PS2 or Xbox 360 got in their first two amazing years? It's bad, real bad.

@nintendoboy16 said:

Look up Nostalgia Critic's Good Son review on Channel Awesome. It's my favorite review of his.

I find him a very annoying man. Tried to get into him cos I love AVGN but this guy was just... ugh. Too... I want to say sassy?

@Lucianu said:

The Wii is a great system. I thought that its reputation would have faded by now, but i guess it'll take a few more years until some minority of gamers switch perspective from this shit that's clouding their eyes.

You mean until people forget how shit it actually was living with it and waiting through it's droughts and settle their rose coloured glasses firmly in place?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#103  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

lol, get the **** out.

Did you play it? I think it's the best game in its series.

Yes, I quite enjoyed it, but the best game in its series? or on that platform during that 2 years? and a better game than Super Mario Galaxy or Bayonetta 2 based on what? That it's allegedly hard? pfft Mechanically it barely did anything for the series, scenario design wise Path of Radiance was fresher, consistent, and had less padding, and difficulty spike wise the game is overly dependent on shifting teams so you're stuck with that limp dick team that thief guy and his bitch have.

After the whole army unites up the game is a cake walk like any other Fire Emblem game. I'll take what was a genuinely imaginative but easy platformer from Nintendo and a brilliant beat-em up over a glorified drawn out expansion for Path of Radiance.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@locopatho said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

I think both of those lineups are very good for only being at the 2 year point, actually. The Wii dried up shortly after that, though. I guess that could still happen to the Wii U as well.

Like a dozen good to great games, with a couple excellent of standouts, is good for a 2 year old console? A typical single year for the Xbox or PS consoles would be multiple times that length. Glad you're happy with them but compared to what the PS2 or Xbox 360 got in their first two amazing years? It's bad, real bad.

Yes, it's very good. It's not as good as the first two years of the Xbox 360 (nothing is, really), but it's still far better than the vast majority of other consoles. Consoles typically start slow and finish strong.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

Well if those were my choices I chose Gameboy color but I would've said Virtual Boy, even though it was more of a peripheral than a console.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 PurpleMan5000

@jg4xchamp said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

lol, get the **** out.

Did you play it? I think it's the best game in its series.

Yes, I quite enjoyed it, but the best game in its series? or on that platform during that 2 years? and a better game than Super Mario Galaxy or Bayonetta 2 based on what? That it's allegedly hard? pfft Mechanically it barely did anything for the series, scenario design wise Path of Radiance was fresher, consistent, and had less padding, and difficulty spike wise the game is overly dependent on shifting teams so you're stuck with that limp dick team that thief guy and his bitch have.

After the whole army unites up the game is a cake walk like any other Fire Emblem game. I'll take what was a genuinely imaginative but easy platformer from Nintendo and a brilliant beat-em up over a glorified drawn out expansion for Path of Radiance.

I had more fun with it than Mario Galaxy. The game practically requires you to have played Path of Radiance to have a good time, though, so I can see why the reviews were mixed. It just comes down to genre preference, really. All of the games I listed are pretty solid to great.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 locopatho

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@locopatho said:

Yes, it's very good. It's not as good as the first two years of the Xbox 360 (nothing is, really), but it's still far better than the vast majority of other consoles. Consoles typically start slow and finish strong.

Dude I'm really not following. Any one of the PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360 got much more great games in the same (or even less) timespan, and PS4 and Xbone are easily on course to beat it too so...? Unless you are talking about N64, or ancient Atari systems or something? Every non Nintendo console from the past couple of gens has started strongly, and except for the Xbox Original, finished strongly too, the Wii and now WiiU trail very far behind, or am I missing some obvious point you are making?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

None on that list, TBH.

I'm not a fan of the Wii or WiiU, but even those consoles win for it's B/C and other features such as eShop, simple OS, external HDD support, streaming media services, free online.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 PurpleMan5000

@locopatho said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@locopatho said:

Dude I'm really not following. Any one of the PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360 got much more great games in the same (or even less) timespan, and PS4 and Xbone are easily on course to beat it too so...? Unless you are talking about N64, or ancient Atari systems or something? Every non Nintendo console from the past couple of gens has started strongly, and except for the Xbox Original, finished strongly too, the Wii and now WiiU trail very far behind, or am I missing some obvious point you are making?

I'm talking about the Xbox, the N64, the Gamecube, the PS1, the PS2, the PS3, and the PS4.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 jg4xchamp

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

I had more fun with it than Mario Galaxy. The game practically requires you to have played Path of Radiance to have a good time, though, so I can see why the reviews were mixed. It just comes down to genre preference, really. All of the games I listed are pretty solid to great.

Reviews mean nothing to me, I love myself too much to put that much stock into a game "critics" score. If anything my playthrough of Path of Radiance hurt that games cause more than anything. Beyond that we can agree to disagree, because

• Super Paper Mario
  • Smash

The Wii U has

• Mario Kart 8
  • Pikmin 3
  • MH3U
  • ZombiU
  • Captain Toad
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • NSMBU/NSLBU

^Because a lot of those I would argue are either straight throw away, or straight up hot garbage -ala Brawl, Super Paper Mario, Hyrule Warriors (because gross ass dynasty warriors) and pikmin 3. At the least you didn't put No More Heroes, I might have legit puked.

Edo-Tensei_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Edo-Tensei_
Member since 2015 • 173 Posts

The wii. It didn't active much with that 100 mil mark it reached

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By locopatho

@PurpleMan5000 said:

I'm talking about the Xbox, the N64, the Gamecube, the PS1, the PS2, the PS3, and the PS4.

Dude not to be dickhead but you are spectacularly, UNBELIEVABLY wrong about that.

The PS2 for example, from it's launch up until Christmas 2001 (a year and a half or so) got the following fucking ridiculous list:

• Grand Theft Auto 3
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Dark Cloud
  • Metal Gear Solid 2
  • Silent Hill 2
  • Resident Evil Code Veronica X
  • Devil May Cry
  • Ico
  • 007 Agent Under Fire
  • Timesplitters
  • Red Faction
  • Half Life
  • Gran Turismo 3
  • Burnout
  • SSX Tricky
  • Zone Of The Enders
  • Ace Combat 4
  • Twisted Metal: Black
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (Perfect score on Gamespot :P)
  • Frequency
  • Tekken Tag Tourny
  • Smackdown Just Bring It
  • Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance
  • Max Payne
  • Giants Citizen Kabuto
  • Jak And Daxter
  • and a whole heap of other assorted action, sports, fighting, racing games.

I had to double check Wiki to make sure I wasn't talking shit, but yep, ALL of these came out on PS2 in much less than 2 years. I would probably take this list of games over the entire Wii and WiiU game library combined.

You aren't seriously gonna say Wii or WiiU's first two years beat this, are you? :P

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#113 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

The NES. Sure, it started it all, but the games don't compare to the vastly improved versions we have today. I was browsing the Club Nintendo rewards and there's no way I'd want the original Mario, Zelda and Metroid anymore.

dino7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 dino7c
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts

@Big_Pecks said:

The NES. Sure, it started it all, but the games don't compare to the vastly improved versions we have today. I was browsing the Club Nintendo rewards and there's no way I'd want the original Mario, Zelda and Metroid anymore.

that is not really fair, obviously 30 years ago the technology was worse but the NES was an AMAZING system at the time...Mario 3 considering the hardware is a marvel

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@Big_Pecks said:

whats wrong with playing zelda 1? its actually fine to play still its pretty huge world shooting swords getting coins its like link to the past honestly yes it looks worse an sounds are worse but so what dude its a classic game thats full of value

mario 3 yeah dude id play that over super mario world i love mario 3 i love the pipe design big world like mario 3 has some unique things that newer marios don't even have

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By PurpleMan5000

@locopatho said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Dude not to be dickhead but you are spectacularly, UNBELIEVABLY wrong about that.

The PS2 for example, from it's launch up until Christmas 2001 (a year and a half or so) got the following fucking ridiculous list:

• Grand Theft Auto 3
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Dark Cloud
  • Metal Gear Solid 2
  • Silent Hill 2
  • Resident Evil Code Veronica X
  • Devil May Cry
  • Ico
  • 007 Agent Under Fire
  • Timesplitters
  • Red Faction
  • Half Life
  • Gran Turismo 3
  • Burnout
  • SSX Tricky
  • Zone Of The Enders
  • Ace Combat 4
  • Twisted Metal: Black
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (Perfect score on Gamespot :P)
  • Frequency
  • Tekken Tag Tourny
  • Smackdown Just Bring It
  • Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance
  • Max Payne
  • Giants Citizen Kabuto
  • Jak And Daxter
  • and a whole heap of other assorted action, sports, fighting, racing games.

I had to double check Wiki to make sure I wasn't talking shit, but yep, ALL of these came out on PS2 in much less than 2 years. I would probably take this list of games over the entire Wii and WiiU game library combined.

You aren't seriously gonna say Wii or WiiU's first two years beat this, are you? :P

You included a whole bunch of games that just aren't very good. If I were applying the same standard I applied to the list of games on the Wii/Wii U, I'd include GTA3, MGS2 (don't like the series personally, but recognize that lots of people do), Devil May Cry, Ico, and GT3. Half Life and Max Payne are great games, but the PS2 versions are not.

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#117 silkylove
Member since 2002 • 8579 Posts

Out of those options it's game boy color. I suspect a lot of people voting for Wii U haven't played it. It's a great system with a fantastic library.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By locopatho

@PurpleMan5000 said:

You included a whole bunch of games that just aren't very good. If I were applying the same standard I applied to the list of games on the Wii/Wii U, I'd include GTA3, MGS2 (don't like the series personally, but recognize that lots of people do), Devil May Cry, Ico, and GT3. Half Life and Max Payne are great games, but the PS2 versions are not.

Ok, you're going for the "pretend awesome games simply don't exist" strategy. Fair enough.

I can't even comprehend a "standard" that would include utter mediocrity or worse like Dynasty Warriors in Hyrule, yet another New Super Mario rehash, the almost impossible to control W101, or the extremely average ZombiU, but exclude supreme classics like Silent Hill 2, Final Fantasy X, and Dark Cloud. But good luck to you.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#119 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13665 Posts

I'd say the Gamecube or Wii. But most likely the Wii, because it barely delivered on what it was supposed to.

Out of all the home consoles, the NES, SNES and N64 were the golden age of Nintendo. Nintendo have struggled to bring themselves back since then. They're still trying to find a place to compete in a world with Playstation 20 years after they came into the market.

Their handhelds are all fine.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 jg4xchamp
@locopatho said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Ok, you're going for the "pretend awesome games simply don't exist" strategy. Fair enough.

I can't even comprehend a "standard" that would include utter mediocrity or worse like Dynasty Warriors in Hyrule, yet another New Super Mario rehash, or the extremely average ZombiU, but exclude supreme classics like Silent Hill 2, Final Fantasy X, and Dark Cloud. But good luck to you.

As a major fan of "don't put shitty games on a list, and act like I'm not going to point out that game is shitty", I'd double down on your statement. SSX Tricky, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, Zone of the Enders, Ace Combat 4, and Tekken Tag (and I'm not a Tekken person) totally hold up today as good games. Tight controls, great mechanics, plenty of content in the case of tricky, proskater 3, and ace combat, a fighting engine that is actually good in the case of Tekken Tag, meanwhile dog shit like Brawl which had an awful fighting engine was put on a positive list.

Not even going to get into the travesty that is pretending Silent Hill 2 is anything short of a classic that is still a classic in 2015, 14 years after release. But shitty ass dynasty warriors? no lets act like that's a good game.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#121 PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

I would say the SNES, but I have put more time into it. So I'll go with the Wii...It did have some gret games, though. I enjoyed it.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

I can't see how anyone can say NES. Are they being controversial for the sake of it? It was revolutionary and had some of the best games of all time up to that point. 3 castlevania games. 3.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#123  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@princeofshapeir said:

Brawl > SSB4 (you're goddamn right).

How? SSB4 surpass it by a mile in every aspect besides a legit single-player mode. :/

Brawl had more interesting newcomers, more single-player content, and more gameplay additions than Smash 4.

When I look at Brawl I see an entire set of newcomers with completely unique movesets. Also, Snake. When I look at Smash 4's roster I see five anime swordsmen and like ten characters with a counter mechanic, two blatant clones, a dog, and characters like Ganondorf which haven't been touched at all.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#124  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@princeofshapeir said:

How? SSB4 surpass it by a mile in every aspect besides a legit single-player mode. :/

Brawl had more interesting newcomers, more single-player content, and more gameplay additions than Smash 4.

When I look at Brawl I see an entire set of newcomers with completely unique movesets. Also, Snake. When I look at Smash 4's roster I see five anime swordsmen and like ten characters with a counter mechanic, two blatant clones, a dog, and characters like Ganondorf which haven't been touched at all.

Five anime swordsmen... Oh god...

I give you Ganondorf and Snake plus the missed characters though.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

The Wii is the worst home console they ever made period.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#126  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@princeofshapeir said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@princeofshapeir said:

Ike, Marth, Robin, Lucina, Shulk. You can add the Swordfighter Mii too for six (but almost nobody plays Miis and those that do pick Brawler because the other two suck ass). I won't even count Link and Toon Link.

Also there should have been like two FE reps max. It's bullshit that that series gets more representation than celebrated Nintendo franchises like Star Fox and Metroid.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#127  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@princeofshapeir said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Ike, Marth, Robin, Lucina, Shulk. You can add the Swordfighter Mii too for six (but almost nobody plays Miis and those that do pick Brawler because the other two suck ass). I won't even count Link and Toon Link.

Why wouldn't you count Link? You should if you consider the others as "anime".

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#128 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

The Wii extends like a middle finger being stuck at us.

Which makes sense, that is pretty much what the Wii was all said and done :P

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

There are good Nintendo systems? cuz i havent seen any... imo every nintendo system is worst than the other it goes from uninteresting game line up's, the usage of the same exact characters in every game, garbage system designs, garbage system software, weird controls and so on.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#130 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

Wii and WiiU.......horrible consoles.

ihsanqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 ihsanqueen
Member since 2008 • 913 Posts

I think WiiU is the worst Nintendo console, because of the underpowered specs and focus on Gamepad gimmick.

But in the terms of library, I believed WiiU will had better library than Wii. Because Wii is one of the most interesting console ever but also one of console that had the WORST library games ever.

Seriously, beside SMG 1 & 2, SSBB, Zelda and Xenoblade, I think there's no other Wii games that's worth playing.

Compared to PS3 and 360 with TLOU, Uncharted, Infamous, Journey, Gears of War, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption, GTA, etc. I really really pity you if you only own Wii last generation

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

For me its a toss up between the Wii and Wii U. Both consoles alienate me as a gamer. Though, at least the original Wii's gimmick was something truly unique for its time, where as the Wii U's touchpad was not revolutionary at all as we had Tablets years before the Wii U. The Wii U is an overpriced 7th gen console with an unnecessary tablet controller.

Also, anyone who votes the NES/SNES over the Wii/WiiU should lose all credibility as a gamer.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By emgesp

@Gue1 said:

the Wii was a fucking disgrace and the primary perpetrator that helped shape gaming into the overreaching casual garbage that it is today.

And I wonder why people are voting for the Wii U. The system already has more great games than the N64 during its entire life-span.

Ummm, not really.

IMHO the N64's library kicks the living hell out of the Wii U's.

Games like Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Star Fox 64, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Mario Kart 64, Smash Bros, AKI Wrestling games, Donkey Kong 64 and Star Wars: Rogue Squadron still makes the N64 superior over the Wii U.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22686 Posts

@Big_Pecks: good god man... You just took a dump on the big bang of modern gaming.... And likewise, a system who's many games, despite being 25 years older, will outlast nearly every single offering on the lot of Nintendo consoles combined... There is just no universe where the NES isn't a complete groundbreaking success.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Jeez. They all stink very much.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#136  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

I can't see how anyone can say NES. Are they being controversial for the sake of it? It was revolutionary and had some of the best games of all time up to that point. 3 castlevania games. 3.

@emgesp said:

Also, anyone who votes the NES/SNES over the Wii/WiiU should lose all credibility as a gamer.

Because, considering what forum this is, maybe they think the consoles don't hold up? But of course, that wouldn't make sense for the SNES sake because that's the de facto Nintendo console the hypocritically nostalgic will put on an altar.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22686 Posts

@themajormayor: the major returns... Sup dude.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By emgesp

@nintendoboy16 said:

@DocSanchez said:

@emgesp said:

Because, considering what forum this is, maybe they think the consoles don't hold up?

How so? I could easily see people choosing the N64 because it was a 1st gen 3D console, but the NES/SNES are still classic consoles with games that still hold up graphically and gameplay wise.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@DocSanchez said:

@emgesp said:

Because, considering what forum this is, maybe they think the consoles don't hold up?

It doesn't matter what they think because the NES/SNES have already proven to stand the test of time over multiple generations.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By nintendoboy16

@emgesp said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

How so? I could easily see people choosing the N64 because it was a 1st gen 3D console, but the NES/SNES are still classic consoles with games that still hold up graphically and gameplay wise.

Maybe the 2D visuals those console produced don't up to the HD sprites last and this gen produced in some eyes? Maybe the games felt archaic to them now compared to back then?

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By emgesp
@nintendoboy16 said:

@emgesp said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

Maybe the 2D visuals those console produced don't up to the HD sprites last and this gen produced in some eyes?

You ever see how good retro consoles can look with proper video mods and upscaler? Here is a direct feed of an HDMI Modded NES, not an emulator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9s_Lkl2mAY

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By emgesp

Also, here is a comparison showing how the RGB output of the original consoles can look compared to the Wii U virtual console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HJkN6fvvJk

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 PurpleMan5000

@locopatho said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

I can't even comprehend a "standard" that would include utter mediocrity or worse like Dynasty Warriors in Hyrule, yet another New Super Mario rehash, the almost impossible to control W101, or the extremely average ZombiU, but exclude supreme classics like Silent Hill 2, Final Fantasy X, and Dark Cloud. But good luck to you.

Final Fantasy X is a game I enjoyed at launch, but upon replaying it, it's terrible. It single-handedly killed Final Fantasy, which prior to X was one of the best series in all of gaming. You are right, though, that Hyrule Warriors probably shouldn't have been on the Wii U list. ZombiU is great. I haven't played Dark Cloud. Silent Hill 2 is boring.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 PurpleMan5000

@emgesp said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@DocSanchez said:

@emgesp said:

Most NES games don't hold up because there is an SNES version that is better in every way. I can see how somebody would pick the NES, given the existence of the SNES.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@nintendoboy16: Don't hold up to what? All they can hold up to is the standards of the time. NES was the console standard bearer at the time. How can it not hold up?

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

None of the above....I've never regretted buying a single Nintendo Console, or Handheld.

Sadly if I do have to pick one it would be the N64. I know I am in the minority here, but it just didn't have that many good games out for it, at least as far as I was concerned.

I would have probably picked the Wii, but the ability to play GC games on it and games like Galaxy 1 and 2, Mario Kart, Super Paper Mario, Twilight Princes, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and a few others were what saved the console for me. That and quite a few hours of drunken bowling, and other sports and party games.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By PurpleMan5000

Gamecube>SNES>GBA>DS>Wii U>3DS>NES>GB>N64>Wii

In terms of total number of games that are still fun to play today. I'd actually probably slide the Wii over in front of the Game Boy, the more I think about it, but I already voted, so it stays in last I guess.

slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

For me is either the Wii or WiiU. I don't care for any of the games really.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By nintendoboy16

@DocSanchez said:

@nintendoboy16: Don't hold up to what? All they can hold up to is the standards of the time. NES was the console standard bearer at the time. How can it not hold up?

You'd be surprised at the reasons for those who think the NES doesn't hold up. Like I was telling emgsp, maybe they think the visuals don't hold a candle to what the HD systems produce? Maybe they think the games are too archaic for this day in age?

Fun fact: You know what game was considered a "standard bearer" for console FPS at the time? Goldeneye. Do you see that many people still praise it like they did in the 90's? Nope. Most forums now slam that game for how badly it aged to them. Crap, in recent days, I'm seeing similar posts for Mario 64 (a "standard bearer" for 3D Platformers) and how Galaxy is so much better.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Probably the N64.. The system had some prolific titles, but the system had a literal mountain of crap titles of some of the worse games EVER made as well.