What if the 720 actually doesn't have a disk drive?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#51 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

I just won't be buying it at all. Sony and Nintendo will be getting my money and not M$ it's simple as that.

Elbowsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52 Elbowsmash
Member since 2004 • 520 Posts

It might be a deal-breaker for me.

My number one wish is that everything (360 games, XBLA games, gamertag, score, ect) carries forward. I don't want the clutter of two consoles, hookups, controllers, ect under my television.

I can tell you what IS a deal-breaker though - not allowing used games to play. I will give a big middle-finger to the whole next generation of games if that happens and spend my time exclusively in the realm of nostalgia...orpossibly giving up video games as afocused hobby alltogether. That's just BS.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

I don't have the internet so how will I get my games?

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

It would be a move in the right direction.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]I have no intention of buying the next Xbox, so it makes no difference to me.Plagueless
Then please explain to me why the f*** you posted in here. Dumbass. OT: If the 720 has no disc drive, I would be torn. On one hand, I love my PC and using Steam, but until MS learns that 20% off is a wimpy sale, I wont buy. I refuse to pay full price for digital games. There are no production, material, shipping, or employee costs with digital games. If MS's digital solution is not at least $10 cheaper than retail counterparts, count me out. In reality though, I'll probably buy one just for Halo. No shooter on any platform has given me as much enjoyment with my friends.

Because I can dumbass.
dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

The major brick and mortar stores would refuse to carry it, likely give better sales deal with Nintendo &/or Sony

Sales would be restricted and cause most devs to jump ship

Console ends up failing

Ok, maybe a bit extreme, but 720 would be at significant disadvantage.

Retailers would favor the consoles they can sell games for. Why gamers will prefer a system they can by used games for.

Not to forget Sony will market their next console as a CD/DVD/Blu-ray player(last time I checked WiiU used proprietary disk)

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

I just won't be buying it at all. Sony and Nintendo will be getting my money and not M$ it's simple as that.

HaloPimp978
Well Wii U don't have disk either.... it suppose to have flash :p
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="HaloPimp978"]

ShadowriverUB

Well Wii U don't have disk either.... it suppose to have flash :p

The Wii U is supposed to have a Propriety Disc that will hold 25GB. Flash memory is what its harddrive will be made up of.

Avatar image for Ravenlore_basic
Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#59 Ravenlore_basic
Member since 2003 • 4319 Posts

at the end of last generation many people on the boards were mad at Microsoft because they were ending the Xbox and launching the Xbox 360 after only 4 years. Those same people still got an Xbox 360. So I know better. They may rant and rave how they will not buy the next MS console but after it launches, they will buy it.