What games do people like that you can't understand like?

• 118 results
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@pelvist said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@pelvist said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Dunno. I didn't die all that much, especially in Dark Souls 3. It wasn't enough for the game to get repetitive. Also, if you can't beat it, there's not much grounds for you to say that it's repetitive.

Repetitive, by definition, is the same thing over and over again. But, if the game is designed in a way where progressing through the game isn't repetitive, then that means that just because you die over and over again, that does not make the game repetitive. It makes the game difficult. So, the game was difficult for you, not repetitive.

Difficult for me to like because it is repetitive...

Saving at a campfire only for all the monsters you previously killed to re-spawn so that you can run around the same bland area over and over again, killing the same shit over and over again is repetitive, im glad you've acknowledged that.

Wow, you really can't admit that you suck at the game, can you? It has to be repetitive, not difficult. Talk about a case of narcissism.

No, me sucking at the game doesn't stop it from being repetitive. As usual though the Dark Souls defense crew are out to use the same, juvenile "you must suck at it!" comment.

Im 36, I grew up playing games that are much harder than Dark Souls could ever be, iv sucked so bad at games like Counter Strike yet still play and enjoy them over a decade later. Now, I could be the best Dark Souls player ever -yet id still have to grind for XP, save my progress and backtrack around the same areas killing all the same enemies again and again. I dont like that, get over it.

I dont attack you for disliking a particular game, I dont scrutinize you and come to immature conclusions for liking Dark Souls. The problem you have is that you cant deal with it when someone doesn't like something that you like; so you make up schoolyard excuses to defend it. -Stay hardcore!

So, basically every game is repetitive to you. That's what you're saying. Why even game then if every game is repetitive? Oh, well, I guess games where you can't die aren't repetitive. Those are perfect games that provide challenge, right?

Actually, I don't mind it that you don't like the game. You can not like the game all you want, but you can't call it repetitive if you just keep dying and have to fight the same enemies over and over...

By that logic, I could put a game on the hardest, most punishing difficulty, even if that game isn't by your definition, repetitive, die a bunch of times, and then call the game repetitive, instead of saying, "Oh, well, I must not be good enough at the game." But, here's what you're saying, "No, that can't be it. I'm awesome at games, and every game that I can't beat is a repetitive mess, even though tons of other people have no problem with it."

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#102 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@pelvist said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@pelvist said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Dunno. I didn't die all that much, especially in Dark Souls 3. It wasn't enough for the game to get repetitive. Also, if you can't beat it, there's not much grounds for you to say that it's repetitive.

Repetitive, by definition, is the same thing over and over again. But, if the game is designed in a way where progressing through the game isn't repetitive, then that means that just because you die over and over again, that does not make the game repetitive. It makes the game difficult. So, the game was difficult for you, not repetitive.

Saving at a campfire only for all the monsters you previously killed to re-spawn so that you can run around the same bland area over and over again, killing the same shit over and over again is repetitive, im glad you've acknowledged that.

Wow, you really can't admit that you suck at the game, can you? It has to be repetitive, not difficult. Talk about a case of narcissism.

No, me sucking at the game doesn't stop it from being repetitive. As usual though the Dark Souls defense crew are out to use the same, juvenile "you must suck at it!" comment.

Im 36, I grew up playing games that are much harder than Dark Souls could ever be, iv sucked so bad at games like Counter Strike yet still play and enjoy them over a decade later. Now, I could be the best Dark Souls player ever -yet id still have to grind for XP, save my progress and backtrack around the same areas killing all the same enemies again and again. I dont like that, get over it.

I dont attack you for disliking a particular game, I dont scrutinize you and come to immature conclusions for liking Dark Souls. The problem you have is that you cant deal with it when someone doesn't like something that you like; so you make up schoolyard excuses to defend it. -Stay hardcore!

So, basically every game is repetitive to you. That's what you're saying. Why even game then if every game is repetitive? Oh, well, I guess games where you can't die aren't repetitive. Those are perfect games that provide challenge, right?

Actually, I don't mind it that you don't like the game. You can not like the game all you want, but you can't call it repetitive if you just keep dying and have to fight the same enemies over and over...

By that logic, I could put a game on the hardest, most punishing difficulty, even if that game isn't by your definition, repetitive, die a bunch of times, and then call the game repetitive, instead of saying, "Oh, well, I must not be good enough at the game." But, here's what you're saying, "No, that can't be it. I'm awesome at games, and every game that I can't beat is a repetitive mess, even though tons of other people have no problem with it."

Nope, I didnt say that at all -still making excuses I see. You would have a point though if id have said repetition was the only problem with Dark Souls, however I did not.

And there you go with the, "its only repetitive if you keep dying (you suck at it)" again. Just ignore the fact that you still have to run around the same bland environment grinding away at the same monsters, saving and doing it all over again anyway - weather you die or not, iv only mentioned that three times now but no, ignore it because it has to be all about me dying all the time because I suck at it...

Like I said, you're making juvenile excuses for me not liking a game you like, its quite pathetic and shows that you actually do care that I dont like it. Grow up and accept that people just dont share your taste in games.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#103  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Halo , Mario Kart , Super Smash Bros , Overwatch , TF2 , Resident Evil 4/5/6 , Elder Scroll series , Final Fantasy 12/13 , Killzone and the list goes on and on lol !

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#104  Edited By DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I get why people may like things I don't like (different tastes different preferences etc etc), and generally don't care if people dislike things I like or like things I dislike (as long as they aren't a massive butthole over it).

Though if I'm going to list games that generally get praised, or were heavily praised at some point, that I never really cared for:

• Final Fantasy Tactics
  • Donkey Kong 64
  • Sonic genesis trilogy
  • Mario Kart 64
  • Battletoads (NES)
  • Ghosts and Goblins (NES)
  • Castlevania III (if you can't tell, I find the whole "NES hard" thing to be a bunch of nonsense)
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 DragonfireXZ95

@pelvist said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@pelvist said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@pelvist said:

Nope, I didnt say that at all -still making excuses I see. You would have a point though if id have said repetition was the only problem with Dark Souls, however I did not.

And there you go with the, "its only repetitive if you keep dying (you suck at it)" again. Just ignore the fact that you still have to run around the same bland environment grinding away at the same monsters, saving and doing it all over again anyway - weather you die or not, iv only mentioned that three times now but no, ignore it because it has to be all about me dying all the time because I suck at it...

Like I said, you're making juvenile excuses for me not liking a game you like, its quite pathetic and shows that you actually do care that I dont like it. Grow up and accept that people just dont share your taste in games.

Every area has different enemies and different environments. In fact, it's one of the most varied game series around when it comes to environment. This is just Dark Souls 3, and look how varied it is.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@lamprey263 said:

Most the time it's not a mystery, it's just fanboys making out their exclusives to be more important than they really are. There's no mystery here at all, that's just the politics of fanboyism.

Or people just like different things than you *gasp*

Half-Life 2, Halo (especially 3), Gran Turismo, Zelda games and MOBAs come to mind. Those do nothing for me. Oh, and any Shmup.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#107 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95:

Look, trying to sell me DS3 wont work. You telling me how amazing and diverse you think it is wont change that I do not like these games, how hard is that to grasp?

This is getting old now. Its a pointless never-ending cycle of me saying I dont like the game and you questioning me for no other reason than to tell me im wrong because you like it. I see no point in replying to you anymore on this so dont expect me to.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@SexyJazzCat said:

@ConanTheStoner: They probably aren't as glaring as you think they are.

If a game poorly executes the moment to moment gameplay that makes up the majority of the game experience, that's a glaring issue to me.

In the case of TW3 it's sloppy character movement and poor combat mechanics. In the case of GTA it's similar issues with mechanics that are only magnified by some really lame mission design.

I get that these games do some really cool shit outside of the immediate gameplay. Like I said before, it's not that I don't understand why people like these games... but to prop these games up as some all time greats? Laughable.

These are video games. It's an interactive medium. I'm not going to glorify games that are limp in that area. Failing to execute the single most important aspect of this medium is a glaring issue.

I'm no saint, there are plenty of games that I've enjoyed that have less than stellar gameplay. I'm just not willing to champion those games as shining examples of what the medium is capable of.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 DragonfireXZ95

@pelvist said:

@DragonfireXZ95:

Look, trying to sell me DS3 wont work. You telling me how amazing and diverse you think it is wont change that I do not like these games, how hard is that to grasp?

This is getting old now. Its a pointless never-ending cycle of me saying I dont like the game and you questioning me for no other reason than to tell me im wrong because you like it. I see no point in replying to you anymore on this so dont expect me to.

I'm just saying that you're wrong when you say it's repetitive, because clearly, it's not.

You can not like the game, I won't take that from you, but listing repetitive as a reason is not a valid reason and only masks why you really don't like the game--because it's too difficult.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: Ok you know what **** that, TW3 does have shitty movement man how did that shit get GOTY?

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#112 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

JRPG in general

Pokemon games

fallout 4. I somewhat liked it but it feels inferior to fallout 3 and the whole building things feel way to cumbersome

Cod games

GTA games ( vice city and San andreas the exception )

sports games

AssCreed series

Mass Effect 2 and 3 ( 1 is a great game )

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@SexyJazzCat said:

@ConanTheStoner: Ok you know what **** that, TW3 does have shitty movement man how did that shit get GOTY?

Even if we were just looking at it by genre, it went up against Bloodborne last year lol. Yeah it's crazy.

TW3 has an awesome world. TW3 shows that you don't have to have lazy questing, even in your side content. It's got some good shit. Many praise worthy aspects imo. The actual playing part just leaves much to be desired.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#114 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@Star650 said:

Devil May Cry 2.

I was surprised some people consider it better than DMC1.

This, it's crazy. People love it.

drew5201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By drew5201
Member since 2016 • 19 Posts

@ghosts4ever: LOl dialogues and characters are boring in TW3 ? Wow i thought you are talking about Bethesda games and most of games out there since they fit description perfectly ( well except for TW3 , and of course there are games that have memorable and interesting characters like in TW3, pity there aren't many though lol )

Anyway. Back to the topic , i understand there are many people love Soul games and Bloodborne. They look cool and Bloodborne and DS3 have very nice art i will give that , but one of best games ever ? that is beyond me because they are nothing more than just hack and slash and i still dont get it why those games are considered as RPG games.

JPRG games , i just cannt stand their arts , let along get into their games

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#116 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@Litchie said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

TES III: Morrowind

Did you play it when it was new?

Admittedly no (my first ES game was Oblivion). But I see people still defend this one every time Oblivion and Skyrim are brought up. I can't stand the fact that it's slow and cumbersome (can't run if you're low on energy, which I suppose is realistic, but it really slows the action in an action RPG, even hit detection is a problem then, though I'm not sure if that's deliberate or Bethesda couldn't code hit boxes worth crap at the time). It's sad I feel this way about it (and I'm still trying to beat it), because in ES Universe, the Dunmer are my favorite race and they are the first one I go to every time I start a new ES.

In Morrowind you hit or miss via unseen "rolls" in the background mechanics based on your skills rather than what you see on the screen, alot of console players didn't get this, you're not alone - it was pretty standard for PC games at the time and previously, but there was nothing really equivalent on consoles and it simply wasn't explainined in game. This is doubled if you played Skyrim or Oblivion where it was the opposite mechanic.

As for running and being slow etc. if you levelled up well it stopped being an issue fairly quickly but, again, the mechanic for doing so isn't explained well. Finding the boots of speed and learning how to counter its curse solved all this :P

I'd really suggest trying morrowind with a few combat mods to make combat more like Oblivion's because the setting of the game absolutely guts its sequels, its a masterpiece.

With combat like that, I might as well be still playing turn based RPG's.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#117 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Every game I have played that is popular or well received I can understand the why people would like it, except for one.. That being Little Big Planet.. I never quite understood this game, it has poor platforming, and the "creativity" aspect of map creation was incredibly weak compared to games that came out before it..

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23919 Posts

Games that fall under the category of Youtube fodder

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points