What game has pissed you off more then any other?

• 114 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Cloud_Insurance
Cloud_Insurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Cloud_Insurance
Member since 2008 • 3279 Posts

two words:

Master Pioneer

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

World of Warcraft

Love the game but sometimes you want blizzard to never make another game.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#54 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

BATTLETOADS

longshotgir
First game and only game I threw out the window while playing co-op
pandoradrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#55 pandoradrive
Member since 2008 • 317 Posts
I had a NBA basketball game for the super nitendo. Every morning before i left for school i would play it and would always lose. finally one morning i won 64-55 and never played it again. This was 11 years ago and i remember it like yesterday thats how frustrating it was:D then again i was 6
-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts
These races for Brucie are starting to really frustrate me. Last race i clipped another car in my jeep, only to spin and flip and end upside down. No biggie, i thought id be able to get another car quick and still win the race. But no, after getting out of the car, Niko had the phone glued to this ear for no reason whatsoever. So i couldnt run at all or get in a new car. I was stuck there walking in silence looking like a complete ***** who pretends to talk to his "friends" on his phone.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21705 Posts
I don't remember which game has given me the biggest fits, but F-Zero: Maximum Velocity ranks up there. I had to mute the volume to help calm myself down from queen mode. :P
weddy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 weddy92
Member since 2008 • 747 Posts
cod4 vetern no fighting in the war room was so frustrating
jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#59 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5468 Posts

Final Fantasy Tactics, the Wiegraf fight Impossible if your main is a mage >:(coakroach

Hahah i had to start the whole damn game again because of that fight!!!!!!!!!!

For me it has to be COD 5 at the moment when some Jammy sod spawns behind me!

Must admit Halo gets me going..........

and Tekken

Oh and DOW when i have a Noob on my side....

RAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh Losing temper just thinking of this stuff............ Halo 3 Melle attacks RAGHHHHHHHHH Cod 5, Bouncing Betty RAGHHHHHHH

Last Boss on tekken 5 Online Raghh u IMBA SOB

ssc604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ssc604
Member since 2008 • 99 Posts
ninja gaiden 2 on hardest difficulty, the never ending chops to the back, parry one guy, 1 hit ko 1 guy, get hit in the back 10 times
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

Driving in Alone in the Dark
I must've restarted the NYC chase like ten times. Scripted events suddenly happen all around and you need to react to them in time or you die and start over. The handling is terribly janky, so it's not hard to mess up, die and start over. Sometimes you're not entirely sure where to go, so you die and start over. One time the screen suddenly faded to black for no reason, so I did not die and started over. What makes it even better is that this sequence is like five minutes long and there is no checkpoint. So you slowly inch forward through this ridiculous trial and error fest...

Driving in Gears of War 2
Same ****, different game. At one point you need to cross an ice-covered lake with a tank. Artillery randomly blows up chunks of the lake as you slide around on it in this, sluggish, unresponsive piece of crap, until you plunge into the watter, die and start over. It's so stupid because I had no idea what I was doing wrong. I tried driving fast and that didn't work, I tried taking it slow and a block of ice blew up right behind me. I tried medium and that didn't work. This went on for some time. I don't think I'm exaggerating when saying I restarted that **** 30 times. Until I finally got it right. I was so relieved. I still don't know what I did different though. It's so bizarre how a game that's otherwise so fantastically well-designed would suddenly fails so miserably.

Driving in Far Cry 2
Not so much because of the actual driving - which admittedly isn't particularly fun either - but because of the things you encounter while doing so. Once you've gone through the process of manning the turret, shooting the jeep crew dead, hopping out to repair your jeep and hopping back in, for say, the 5th time, it will cease being interesting and start getting frustrating. Not only because it is ridiculously repetitive, but because it hampers your enjoyment of another aspect of the game, the ability to freely explore at your own pace. No, can't have none of that, have another jeep or outpost instead. For me it grew to ruin the entire experience. For shame Ubisoft, for shame.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#62 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34763 Posts
Dragon's Lair for the NES.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127526 Posts

Im going to say mirrors edge. Wow did that game frustrate me.

Wasdie
Same here. Damn I hate some of the parts there.
Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts
i think it will have to be a game i played when i was younger, as games tend to be completeable now. i can't remember a game but it will of been on the snes, megadrive or arcade.
Gamingcucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#65 Gamingcucumber
Member since 2004 • 5612 Posts

This one easily goes to Mario Kart Wii I don't think I've ever been so frequently mad at a #¤/#£@ game as I've been playing MK:Wii. It's so annoying that you actually stay away from the 1st place like plague. I could tell you a hundred storys about the gold ól Blue Shell rips you up before the last turn on the last lap.

The worst thing about it? Once you get hit....IT NEVER STOPS!

Avatar image for deactivated-652663614c5e5
deactivated-652663614c5e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-652663614c5e5
Member since 2005 • 2271 Posts

wow where do i begin?

1) the later races in Motorstorm pacific rift are so annoying, the AI vehicles have ridiculously high levels of speed.

2) veteran difficulty on COD: WaW (not so much Modern Warfare). you get bombarded with grenages left righ and centre, as soon as you step out of cover to avoid it you die.

3) Ninja Gaiden Sigma on any difficulty above normal. that game is insanely difficult.

these are just my most recent annoyances, there have been many more in the past.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts

ninja gaiden 2 on path of the mentor dificulty ARGH!!!

oh and Perfect dark zero on dark dificulty

Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts

This one easily goes to Mario Kart Wii I don't think I've ever been so frequently mad at a #¤/#£@ game as I've been playing MK:Wii. It's so annoying that you actually stay away from the 1st place like plague. I could tell you a hundred storys about the gold ól Blue Shell rips you up before the last turn on the last lap.

The worst thing about it? Once you get hit....IT NEVER STOPS!

Gamingcucumber
lol yeah rubber banding is really annoying in that game. If you fall to the back you pick up the bullet and fly to the front, they completely removed any challenge/skill from that game.
ramboturd72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ramboturd72
Member since 2008 • 3514 Posts
I actually have 2: Contra 4 and Super Mario World. Good thing Ninty stuff is made tough enough for my tantrums. :D
redstormrisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 redstormrisen
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

st1ka
Just Ninja Gaiden 2 in general. Never have I wanted to love a game that much, but to have it crippled by RAGE.
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts
[QUOTE="st1ka"]

redstormrisen
Just Ninja Gaiden 2 in general. Never have I wanted to love a game that much, but to have it crippled by RAGE.

path of acolyte was pretty easy, path of the warrior was hard, path of the mentor is just suicide
robobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#72 robobie
Member since 2007 • 2172 Posts

Haze and Facry 2...I cursed myself through the game.Lto_thaG

Agreed. They are very frustrating games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#73 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
Sonic and the Secret Rings I literally played the game for five minutes before the took it back to the Rental Store. I've never heard of a game based on speed where the main character comes to complete stop after every jump. Mario Kart was pretty frustrating my first time through 150cc
redstormrisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 redstormrisen
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
[QUOTE="redstormrisen"][QUOTE="st1ka"]

st1ka

path of acolyte was pretty easy, path of the warrior was hard, path of the mentor is just suicide

It wasnt really the difficulty for me, it seemed to want me to hate it. I didn't, I still enjoyed it greatly, but it could have been SO much better with a little more work.
destro123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 destro123
Member since 2005 • 755 Posts
Mirrors Edge for me to. When i was playing sometimes i just wanted to get up and kick the tv over because i got so pissed (playing it on hardest difficulty) Thats when i wish i was rich so i actually could kick the tv over and just buy a new one, haha.
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#76 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts
call of duty 4 in the mile high club..jesus is that hard i get to the first sets of chairs on the plane but i get killed...
-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts

Driving in Gears of War 2
Same ****, different game. At one point you need to cross an ice-covered lake with a tank. Artillery randomly blows up chunks of the lake as you slide around on it in this, sluggish, unresponsive piece of crap, until you plunge into the watter, die and start over. It's so stupid because I had no idea what I was doing wrong. I tried driving fast and that didn't work, I tried taking it slow and a block of ice blew up right behind me. I tried medium and that didn't work. This went on for some time. I don't think I'm exaggerating when saying I restarted that **** 30 times. Until I finally got it right. I was so relieved. I still don't know what I did different though. It's so bizarre how a game that's otherwise so fantastically well-designed would suddenly fails so miserably.InsaneBasura

So true that part was unbelievably cheap, took me at least 20 tries to get through it, and even then it was a lucky go.

dbzfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#78 dbzfreak
Member since 2003 • 6223 Posts
Guitar Hero 3 on expert is just frusterating. Does Activision want my hands to fall off?
aquajet16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#79 aquajet16
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts
Mega Man games (platformers) Dang those were the toughest ones I played (not to mention Contra =D) . Each time I die I sweared (or swore well whatever)
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#80 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
Little Big Planet reminds me why I never really liked Super Mario 1 through 3. Instant death platforming on rickety and moving 2 inch wide landing zones does not a good game make.
masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 masiisam
Member since 2003 • 5723 Posts

GT5P.....

The only way to get gold in half of licensing tests is to undercut the cars in front of you..It is beyond me why a developer would train "AKA Licensing tests" a driver to think that the only way to achieve P1 from mid-pack is to be a D-dag driver and basically cheat your way to the front....

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#82 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I don't know about all time, but recently Far Cry 2 and Dead Space have frustrated me. Far Cry 2 for reasons I don't have to explain for those who have played it. As for Dead Space, I'm finding it oddly difficult and I'm only playing it on Normal right now. Annoying things include slow, clunky controls during frantic situations, the real-time inventory thing- makes it friggin' hard to get a medikit when a gang of slobbering space mutants are trying to rip your face off. And having empty spots on the circuit board upgrade-thingy piss me off. You spend 10,000 on a Power Node and sometimes you can't actually get anything out of it. It just slows down the upgrade process. I still think it's a great game though, I guess you could say I have a love/hate relationship with it.
Rigga911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Rigga911
Member since 2008 • 2429 Posts
Orphen on the ps2
hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 hopesfall2own
Member since 2008 • 2714 Posts
Ninja Gaiden 2..:?
Avatar image for JetB1ackNewYear
JetB1ackNewYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#85 JetB1ackNewYear
Member since 2007 • 2931 Posts
Mirrors edge...getting the "do not shoot " anyone achievement...omg im never beeen so mad at a game.
joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 joopyme
Member since 2008 • 2598 Posts
Martyrdom in Call of Duty 4 angers me beyond beliefToriko42
i'd HAVE to agree with you.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
Far Cry 1 most recently. BF2 pisses me off sometimes when I am constantly running into arty, claymores, nade spams, etc
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

Pretty much all the NES games.Talk about unforgiving.

Also, Devil May Cry games come to mind. Its kinda stupid, but after playing GoW and Ninja Gaiden, its kinda like in my system to block using the shoulder buttons. I fought Nightmare 3 (gotta play DMC 1 again recently) and I don't know everytime I see him use his ice blast attack, I stand right infront of it, and I'm like "BLOCK!!" pressing L1. Then after my health dropping to almost nothing, I realize there is no block button in DMC and that I just Devil Triggerred into an Ice blast.

lol It just happens to me for that one attack... and pretty much the whole game:P

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts
I concur with the Mirror's Edge crowd btw. Should've made the level design clearer somehow, should've put enemies behind you instead of in front of you.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50656 Posts

Recently would have to be Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

All time though would be Madden in the old school days. I demolished my wooden bed stand from back handing it so many times.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts
[QUOTE="DeathScape666"]Final Fantasy III DS. I can still hear the random encounter sound, the music playing while you fight, and the music that plays when you finish a battle. It's all so freaking annoying, and I really wish I could get it out of my head, but I think I am doomed to hear it for the rest of my life. It's my fault for even playing one of the worst games, ever.Jikoku
Worst games ever ? it's one of my favorite games ever. Absolutely awesome. Can't expect much from anyone with a Mario avatar

Wow,just wow..Excuse him for not sharing the same opinion as you do :roll:
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Lto_thaG
What do you mean "wow" ? You know as well as I do(or not) that the majority of people with Mario avatars are 12 year olds who love SSBB and PokemonJikoku
And you base that of what?
Jikoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Jikoku
Member since 2008 • 50 Posts
[QUOTE="Jikoku"]What do you mean "wow" ? You know as well as I do(or not) that the majority of people with Mario avatars are 12 year olds who love SSBB and PokemonLto_thaG

Do you know any one who has hit puberty with a Mario avatar ? I sure don't. If you don't believe me it's your loss.
NateBrooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 NateBrooks
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Tomb Raider Underworld.
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Lto_thaG
[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"][QUOTE="Jikoku"]What do you mean "wow" ? You know as well as I do(or not) that the majority of people with Mario avatars are 12 year olds who love SSBB and PokemonJikoku

Do you know any one who has hit puberty with a Mario avatar ? I sure don't. If you don't believe me it's your loss.

Again you base this of what?You're the one going around assuming people with an avatar of Mario are 12 years old.Maybe they just love the games regardless of age.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
Probably "The Answer" portion of Persona 3: FES, I'm cool with skill in Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry, but the endless grinding and overly cheap bosses in FES were just unbelievable.
EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#99 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
Superman. (aka Superman Sixty FOOOOOOOOOUR!!!)
Jikoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Jikoku
Member since 2008 • 50 Posts
[QUOTE="Jikoku"][QUOTE="Lto_thaG"] And you base that of what?Lto_thaG

Again you base this of what?You're the one going around assuming people with an avatar of Mario are 12 years old.Maybe they just love the games regardless of age.

I base it off an elaborate report studying the psychology of young males who put Mario as their avatar.