What ever happened to the Playstation Move? Is it already dead?

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crusadernm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 crusadernm
Member since 2009 • 1609 Posts

I don't hear anyone talking about this at all. Not even making fun of it. What gives? What happend to it? Where that sorcery game show a while back?

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts
Move was never good, it was just a sad copy of the Wii. And its not popular enough for people to think to make fun of it.
curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts
It was stillborn child.
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

PS3 owners have more to talk about than a motion control perpheral. It's unfortunate all console owners can't say the same thing.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
many people have MOVe but the highlight is always the games, which is good.... just like people don't really discuss about dualshock unless when someone try to compare it with xbox controller... ..... unlike kinect is surrounding by jokes and negative comment
Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

It was never alive and never needed.

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

Move was never good, it was just a sad copy of the Wii. And its not popular enough for people to think to make fun of it. simomate

From my experience, Move is incredibly more responsive than the wii remote.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts

PS3 owners have more to talk about than a motion control perpheral. It's unfortunate all console owners can't say the same thing.

Pug-Nasty
No it doesn't. All the blockbusters are multiplat. U3 can be countered with Gears 3.
2scoopsofempty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 2scoopsofempty
Member since 2005 • 923 Posts
Kinect
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
motion controls are a fad.
SW__Troll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SW__Troll
Member since 2011 • 1687 Posts

It does appear to be dead, or at least nearly dead (probably lying down in it's grave waiting to die).

Sony will continue to support it though to please the fans who have already purchased Move controllers, but I don't see the sales of that thing ever increasing with Sony's strategy of just tacking Move controls onto games which already work with the included-controller found in ever PS3 box.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
Gotta feel bad for all the people that Sony suckered into buying it. The only thing it is used for is throwing it on a shooter here and there and even then you need to buy the extra gun attachment. Sony fans can laugh at Kinect all they want but at least it was supported. All those people that bought into move pretty much just gave Sony free money.
67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
It was dead before it hit the floor... the sales-floor that is...
simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

[QUOTE="simomate"]Move was never good, it was just a sad copy of the Wii. And its not popular enough for people to think to make fun of it. el3m2tigre

From my experience, Move is incredibly more responsive than the wii remote.

From my experience, Move failed greatly. 'nuff said :P
gamer-adam1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamer-adam1
Member since 2008 • 4188 Posts

they only cared about Move if the game had good graphics, so they will just ignore good Move games

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

A carbon copy of the Wii when no one wants to buy the Wii anymore.........I swear Sony is run by total morons.

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

It's not really supported much. About as much as Nintendo's Wii Motion Plus, I just don't know which I find more pathetic.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#18 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
it sold well, has a bunch of games that support it, and more coming. Not great but decent. I don't see how kinect is any better or worse just from a support standpoint. I do think that move is a much better product
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

It's not really supported much. About as much as Nintendo's Wii Motion Plus, I just don't know which I find more pathetic.

Jolt_counter119
skyward sword
Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

[QUOTE="Jolt_counter119"]

princeofshapeir

skyward sword

And Red Steel 2, about 2 big games for a controller that should have been the main priority since release. Yeah, I'm impressed.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
No one cares about move or Kinect.
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pug-Nasty

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

xsubtownerx

No it doesn't. All the blockbusters are multiplat. U3 can be countered with Gears 3.

I was giving a silly answer to a silly question. I am curious as to what you are referring to with the bolded.

More seriously, most people don't talk about Move games because the best Move games are compatible with Move, but they don't require it. For instance, I hear that the Move controls in KZ3 are really well done, and it's a very fun way to play the game, but no one needs Move to play it.

That's how I like it, because I don't want to buy one.

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

it sold well, has a bunch of games that support it, and more coming. Not great but decent. I don't see how kinect is any better or worse just from a support standpoint. I do think that move is a much better productGunSmith1_basic
Seriously... just because it isn't crammed down your throats doesn't mean it "died before it even hit the sales floor," and also, not making 80% of the consoles exclusives require the purchase of an expensive peripheral does not mean they aren't supporting it or they've abandoned it. I haven't heard much in the way of numbers for either lately, but the numbers from a while back were 10 million Kinect, and 8 million Move. If move is dead, does that mean Kinect is hooked up to a respirator in the ICU?

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
It's was never really here.
dRuGGeRnaUt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dRuGGeRnaUt
Member since 2006 • 1637 Posts
Rumour has it that the PSP go and the PS Move have moved into seclusion, and are attempting to start a family.. I am not excited to see what the children might come out looking like. XD - Unfortunately, as Ive been told by people that have move, it's a very "fun" way to play games like resistance and killzone. I just dont think it caught the "wow" factor of the pop-craze motion fad. Kinect seems to have become a sweeping fad amongst non-gamers... It seems to be having the same reaction as the wii originally did with moms/grandparents and everyone wanting one.
dRuGGeRnaUt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dRuGGeRnaUt
Member since 2006 • 1637 Posts
No one cares about move or Kinect.racing1750
People on these boards need to learn proper english: "none of the nerds on SW care about Kinect... But most of the rest of the people do". - Fastest selling electronic in history says different. - not for people on these boards, but for many, the kinect has been fun. I speak of kinect only because I am yet to actually use the PS move.
ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ianuilliam

[QUOTE="racing1750"]No one cares about move or Kinect.dRuGGeRnaUt
People on these boards need to learn proper english: "none of the nerds on SW care about Kinect... But most of the rest of the people do". - Fastest selling electronic in history says different. - not for people on these boards, but for many, the kinect has been fun. I speak of kinect only because I am yet to actually use the PS move.

Fastest selling electronic in its first 60 days. After that, it slowed down. A lot. 8 million at 2 months. But only 10 million 7 or 8 months later. I wonder if it's still the "fastest selling electronic device in history" if you compare first year sales, and not just first 2 months? Seems like the title was given a bit prematurely, IMO.

ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ForzaGearsFace
Member since 2011 • 3724 Posts

[QUOTE="dRuGGeRnaUt"][QUOTE="racing1750"]No one cares about move or Kinect.ianuilliam

Fastest selling electronic in its first 60 days. After that, it slowed down. A lot. 8 million at 2 months. But only 10 million 7 or 8 months later. I wonder if it's still the "fastest selling electronic device in history" if you compare first year sales, and not just first 2 months? Seems like the title was given a bit prematurely, IMO.

It came out in holiday 2010 so Yeah 60 days is about right and sales have cooled down, but if you don't think it's going to sell a ton in the next two months you are going to look foolish, I'm thinking at the end of 2011 Microsoft will release its kinect numbers and it will be around 15 million, if you don't think that is impressive you are being a straight up fanboy, oh wait.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
Hopefully it is and thank god its not Sony's main focus and never was.
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pug-Nasty

[QUOTE="ianuilliam"]

[QUOTE="dRuGGeRnaUt"] People on these boards need to learn proper english: "none of the nerds on SW care about Kinect... But most of the rest of the people do". - Fastest selling electronic in history says different. - not for people on these boards, but for many, the kinect has been fun. I speak of kinect only because I am yet to actually use the PS move.ForzaGearsFace

It came out in holiday 2010 so Yeah 60 days is about right and sales have cooled down, but if you don't think it's going to sell a ton in the next two months you are going to look foolish, I'm thinking at the end of 2011 Microsoft will release its kinect numbers and it will be around 15 million, if you don't think that is impressive you are being a straight up fanboy, oh wait.

Nothing seems more fanboyish than caring about how much a crappy perihperal sells.

cabose38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cabose38
Member since 2005 • 1162 Posts

Move is awesome for console FPS. The most recent game that has move support is Resistance 3.

ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ForzaGearsFace

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"]it sold well, has a bunch of games that support it, and more coming. Not great but decent. I don't see how kinect is any better or worse just from a support standpoint. I do think that move is a much better productianuilliam

Seriously... just because it isn't crammed down your throats doesn't mean it "died before it even hit the sales floor," and also, not making 80% of the consoles exclusives require the purchase of an expensive peripheral does not mean they aren't supporting it or they've abandoned it. I haven't heard much in the way of numbers for either lately, but the numbers from a while back were 10 million Kinect, and 8 million Move. If move is dead, does that mean Kinect is hooked up to a respirator in the ICU?

Move is at 8 million controllers or wands not stand alone, cheap trick that was exposed against Sony. Move homes are probably about half that so it's like kinect sold 3 times the amount and that's with the move having a head start. ICU for move, meanwhile kinect is coming to the pc due to its huge success. Only a fanboy would think move is comparable in demand to kinect
ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ForzaGearsFace

[QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"][QUOTE="ianuilliam"]Fastest selling electronic in its first 60 days. After that, it slowed down. A lot. 8 million at 2 months. But only 10 million 7 or 8 months later. I wonder if it's still the "fastest selling electronic device in history" if you compare first year sales, and not just first 2 months? Seems like the title was given a bit prematurely, IMO.

Pug-Nasty

Nothing seems more fanboyish than caring about how much a crappy perihperal sells.

Or not having an answer and resorting to this :roll:
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#34 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts

[QUOTE="racing1750"]No one cares about move or Kinect.dRuGGeRnaUt

Sorry I'll rephrase "Only kids care about kinect"

Avatar image for Jack-o-Thompson
Jack-o-Thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jack-o-Thompson
Member since 2007 • 2166 Posts
There needs to be more 3rd party support to get people interested, all I can think of off the top of my head is dead space 2 and bioshock infinite that supports it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

It was never really Sony's intention to milk out and bank on, like MS has done with Kinect.

Sony and the PS platforms has ALWAYS remain exclusive to the typical Core gaming community and gaming casuals who have evolved into gamers, not the same casuals that bought the Wii.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Pug-Nasty

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

[QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"] It came out in holiday 2010 so Yeah 60 days is about right and sales have cooled down, but if you don't think it's going to sell a ton in the next two months you are going to look foolish, I'm thinking at the end of 2011 Microsoft will release its kinect numbers and it will be around 15 million, if you don't think that is impressive you are being a straight up fanboy, oh wait.ForzaGearsFace

Or not having an answer and resorting to this :roll:

I already answered. It's up there ^ somewhere.

ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ForzaGearsFace

It was never really Sony's intention to milk out and bank on, like MS has done with Kinect.

Sony and the PS platforms has ALWAYS remain exclusive to the typical Core gaming community and gaming casuals who have evolved into gamers, not the same casuals that bought the Wii.

VERTIGO47
So why release it?
AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts

Move has been supported by most major Sony shooters that have come out since it's announcement. Some have even had Move support patched in like MAG.

At least with Move, Sony hasn't shoved casual games down our throat; they've supported core games with an additional control options.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

[QUOTE="VERTIGO47"]

ForzaGearsFace

So why release it?

Just to see if casuals can lap it up like they did with Wii Motion Sensing. At the end, Sony realized the core gamers are too valuable for its survival.

ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ForzaGearsFace

[QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"][QUOTE="VERTIGO47"]

VERTIGO47

So why release it?

Just to see if casuals can lap it up like they did with Wii Motion Sensing. At the end, Sony realized the core gamers are too valuable for its survival.

Really then why does core games sell better on the 360
EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

It sold Well but the thing is it's not Sony main focus unlike MS and Kinect, it's more of an option. Sony has been adding Move support in almost all the big exclusive with Infamous 2 just getting move support last week. So it just an extra option if you want it it's there, if you dont then forgot about it.

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ianuilliam

[QUOTE="VERTIGO47"]

[QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"] So why release it?ForzaGearsFace

You got official ltd numbers on all PS3 and 360 games (exclusives and multis, would be cool) released in the past, say, year or two? Hell, I'd even settle for just (official) total worldwide software sales, but alas, MS doesn't release that info, so all we have is data for a handfull of games, when the publishers release platform sales on specific games, and guestimates from VGCharts (which, btw, have PS3 as having higher total software sales than 360 for 2011, so I assume we won't be using them, right?)

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

I actually saw a commercial advertising Move recently and it only reminded me that Move existed.

zeldisco2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 zeldisco2009
Member since 2009 • 554 Posts

and once again Sony failed this gen.They failed hard in the consoels market,in the handheld market(PSP GO) and in the motion controllers battle.If it goes on like this the Vita wont surive for long.I have the feeling that Vita will be Sonys last handheld,as Sony simply doesnt understand the handheld market and doesnt have the big games and names to match Nintendos dominance.PS4 will come out but there is no guarantee for a PS5.I could really imagine SCE going third party like Sega and bringing games like Uncharted,Littlebigplanet,Gran Turismo and Killzone to WII U.Hopefully Nintendo will buy Naughty Dog if Sony continues going down.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50562 Posts
[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

xsubtownerx

You're right, if you only count two months out of the year.
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Pug-Nasty

[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"][QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

Chutebox

You're right, if you only count two months out of the year.

Yeah, you've got to be able to translate on this board.

All the blockbusters [on Xbox 360] are multiplat. U3 can be countered with Gears 3 [if we only count one game out of many].

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#48 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
Whatever happened to the Move specific games like Sorcery or something? I rarely hear about Move nowadays.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50562 Posts
Whatever happened to the Move specific games like Sorcery or something? I rarely hear about Move nowadays. Stevo_the_gamer
Seriously, I've been waiting for that damn game....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

[QUOTE="VERTIGO47"]

[QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"] So why release it?ForzaGearsFace

Alot of it has to do with mental perception of the console. 360 came out first, 360 is an efficient console where developers find it easy to create games for, therefore, the mental perception of 360 owners is "lets get this game for 360 because it looks better!" And XBL Gold has absolutely no bearings to it. If it were, ALL 360 owners on the planet would become GOLD members.

But the PS3 is still a viable console for the core games. They do sell, more so than Move games. That's why 3rd party developers are still creating games for PS3.