What ever happened to the Playstation Move? Is it already dead?

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Move is awesome for console FPS. The most recent game that has move support is Resistance 3.

cabose38

I though PS3 and 360 fanboys hated the wiimote for FPS's.

Mr_BillGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 Mr_BillGates
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

Only thing useful about it is replacing the crappy keyboard with a Navigation controller.

Avatar image for ConsoleCounsla_
ConsoleCounsla_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 ConsoleCounsla_
Member since 2011 • 203 Posts
Move > kinex Move + FPS + Bioshock + etc = Win.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#54 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts
Move was never good, it was just a sad copy of the Wii. And its not popular enough for people to think to make fun of it. simomate
Really, as I've said, both Move and Kinect are just trying to cash in on the Wii's success with motion controls. Sure, I admit the Wii's motion controls are probably not as good as Kinect or Move, but notice that since the Wii did it first, and got people's attention the best, no one is paying attention to Move or Kinect really.
yomanjdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#55 yomanjdf
Member since 2003 • 1166 Posts

no good games but kinect for win will have good mods

ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 ForzaGearsFace
Member since 2011 • 3724 Posts

[QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"][QUOTE="VERTIGO47"]

Just to see if casuals can lap it up like they did with Wii Motion Sensing. At the end, Sony realized the core gamers are too valuable for its survival.

ianuilliam

Really then why does core games sell better on the 360

You got official ltd numbers on all PS3 and 360 games (exclusives and multis, would be cool) released in the past, say, year or two? Hell, I'd even settle for just (official) total worldwide software sales, but alas, MS doesn't release that info, so all we have is data for a handfull of games, when the publishers release platform sales on specific games, and guestimates from VGCharts (which, btw, have PS3 as having higher total software sales than 360 for 2011, so I assume we won't be using them, right?)

Check vgchartz at the end of 2011 and you will see that the 360 sold more software, mw3 which will sell 2 to 1 and halo anniversary, combined with holiday sales I'm thinking you will be back to lulz vgchartz when it doesn't support your precious ps3. It is common knowledge that the 360 sells better just look at mw3 exclusives but you can pretend if you want
bri360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 bri360
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts

Gotta feel bad for all the people that Sony suckered into buying it. The only thing it is used for is throwing it on a shooter here and there and even then you need to buy the extra gun attachment. Sony fans can laugh at Kinect all they want but at least it was supported. All those people that bought into move pretty much just gave Sony free money.CanYouDiglt

At least Sony isnt changing its whole buisness model to support it and develope shovelware for it... cough* MS cough*....
Its a nice little adddon for some games and it is supported, its just not advertised as what the PS3 is gonna turn into. Unlike MS, ever see an xbox commercial without kinect? Nope, diddnt think so.

Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
never get excited for sony's peripherals. sony brings them out on every console/handheld and never fully support them. I've seen it being done since the ps1. it normally takes the next console for sony to support them, or let the hardware die.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
PS3 owners have real exclusives to talk about. I'm pretty sure that if all the exclusives were Move games we would be talking about it A LOT ;)
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

i use mine from time to time, can't wait for bioshock infinite with move

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

[QUOTE="ianuilliam"]

[QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"] Really then why does core games sell better on the 360ForzaGearsFace

You got official ltd numbers on all PS3 and 360 games (exclusives and multis, would be cool) released in the past, say, year or two? Hell, I'd even settle for just (official) total worldwide software sales, but alas, MS doesn't release that info, so all we have is data for a handfull of games, when the publishers release platform sales on specific games, and guestimates from VGCharts (which, btw, have PS3 as having higher total software sales than 360 for 2011, so I assume we won't be using them, right?)

Check vgchartz at the end of 2011 and you will see that the 360 sold more software, mw3 which will sell 2 to 1 and halo anniversary, combined with holiday sales I'm thinking you will be back to lulz vgchartz when it doesn't support your precious ps3. It is common knowledge that the 360 sells better just look at mw3 exclusives but you can pretend if you want

Who said I ever stopped "lulz vgchartz" -ing? Did you miss where I discreditted it above by pointing out that it's guestimates? I only mentioned it at all because it's the only source AT ALL for worldwide software totals on 360. 360 fans go on and on about how 360 software outsells PS3 software, but the ONLY source that could be used to back that up is (A.) VGChartz, and is pretty much universally regarded as unreliable, and (B.) currently shows higher software sales for this year on PS3 anyway.

todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts
Did anybody really expect the Move to be successful? Most people already bought a Wii.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44167 Posts

The problem may be that it came a Wii.. bit too late. :P

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#64 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Move is still supported Goldeneye 007 Reloaded supports it they even have a bundle for it.

todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts

The problem may be that it came a Wii.. bit too late. :P

SecretPolice

lol

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts
sony's pathetic attempt at mimicking the wiimote was dead before it hit the shelves. :(
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

[QUOTE="cabose38"]

Move is awesome for console FPS. The most recent game that has move support is Resistance 3.

goblaa

I though PS3 and 360 fanboys hated the wiimote for FPS's.

i know i do.. just awful..
ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ForzaGearsFace
Member since 2011 • 3724 Posts

[QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"][QUOTE="ianuilliam"]You got official ltd numbers on all PS3 and 360 games (exclusives and multis, would be cool) released in the past, say, year or two? Hell, I'd even settle for just (official) total worldwide software sales, but alas, MS doesn't release that info, so all we have is data for a handfull of games, when the publishers release platform sales on specific games, and guestimates from VGCharts (which, btw, have PS3 as having higher total software sales than 360 for 2011, so I assume we won't be using them, right?)

ianuilliam

Who said I ever stopped "lulz vgchartz" -ing? Did you miss where I discreditted it above by pointing out that it's guestimates? I only mentioned it at all because it's the only source AT ALL for worldwide software totals on 360. 360 fans go on and on about how 360 software outsells PS3 software, but the ONLY source that could be used to back that up is (A.) VGChartz, and is pretty much universally regarded as unreliable, and (B.) currently shows higher software sales for this year on PS3 anyway.

n And again that will sway in 360 favor at the end of the year maybe the end of the week with mw3 and yes you did try and use vgchartz but that to doesn't bode in your ps3 favor at the end of 2011 lol
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

motion controls are a fad.princeofshapeir

5 Years later they still are a fad?

DISSESHOWEDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DISSESHOWEDO
Member since 2010 • 1775 Posts

Gotta feel bad for all the people that Sony suckered into buying it. The only thing it is used for is throwing it on a shooter here and there and even then you need to buy the extra gun attachment. Sony fans can laugh at Kinect all they want but at least it was supported. All those people that bought into move pretty much just gave Sony free money.CanYouDiglt

You blind. The move is pretty much alive and kicking.I'm still enjoying KZ3,R3 and Socom 4 with my sharpshooter.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

The Move is defintely better than the wiimote, by far.

2 Player shoot em up as well as 2 Player table tennis are my favourite.
There are some fun games and also works a charm with Killzone 3.

Just try some of the demos.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

The Move is defintely better than the wiimote, by far.

2 Player shoot em up as well as 2 Player table tennis are my favourite.
There are some fun games and also works a charm with Killzone 3.

Just try some of the demos.

g0ddyX

Ya, except it can't do 4 player anything which the wii can.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14813 Posts

PS3 owners have more to talk about than a motion control perpheral. It's unfortunate all console owners can't say the same thing.

Pug-Nasty
Nough said.
Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

Move, Kinect, 3D gaming and Wii are basically dead concepts from the start, as was the Wiimote: nobody cares and will not stand in the next gen -well, none of them are currently doing well in the present gen-.

crusadernm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 crusadernm
Member since 2009 • 1609 Posts

Whoever bought a move, raise ur hand and how much did you spent?

crusadernm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 crusadernm
Member since 2009 • 1609 Posts

If its dead Should Sony just declare it. Or just drag things out.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#78 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

why no move support for call of duty and battlefield on ps3?

Thats Epic Move fail.

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#79 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Idk I thought about getting one a long time ago but didn't think it was worth it so I guess it's dead.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
it was alive at one point? :lol:
Avatar image for phantomblade220
phantomblade220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 phantomblade220
Member since 2010 • 958 Posts

Look I pretty much dig anything Sony. Sony has been good to me and my family for most of my life, so I trust everything I buy made by them. Including the PS3 and the various accessories (especially the Stereo Headset..love it).

But the Move really didn't do it for me. I'm only 19, so I don't think I'm to traditional to not accept motion controls. I was eager to give it a go, and other than Killzone 3, Move really bored me or was just not as good of an option as the DS3.

I was so hyped to play Resistance 3 with Move and the Sharpshooter, and I was severely disappointed. Not the game, because I loved it, but because I much prefered to play it with a Dualshock rather than my Move/SS. Sadly I paid 90 for it, and only got like 40 back from Gamestop. I learned my lesson the hard way.

I'm going to hold off buying the 3D Display because I have a feeling that 3D won't grab me either. And wasting 500 bucks is a lot worse than wasting 90 lol.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

As an accessory, Move works very well and is usefull. I play Socom, Resistance 3, Killzone 3, House of the Dead Overkill, Tigerwoods 2011, Dead Space Extraction, and i might even pick up Mid-Evil Moves. Bashing the accessory is kind of dumb, you get what you want out of it. I am glad i have Move.

meatgrinderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 meatgrinderz
Member since 2010 • 1329 Posts

I feel bad for those that bought it. It flopped then Sony abandoned it.

Pokemon266

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Pokemon266
Member since 2009 • 369 Posts

I feel bad for those that bought it. It flopped then Sony abandoned it.

meatgrinderz

lol if 8.4million sold is a flop then i guess gears of war and uncharted are massive flopz then

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#86 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Whatever happened to the Move specific games like Sorcery or something? I rarely hear about Move nowadays. Stevo_the_gamer

Yeah Sorcery just... disappear. Did look interesting. This game came out through and seems to be good.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
Yea, its dead.. but I still love me some sports champions (disc golf ftw!!)
G-Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 G-Lord
Member since 2004 • 2141 Posts

Yeah Sorcery just... disappear. Did look interesting. This game came out through and seems to be good.

Wanderer5

Played the demo of Medieval Moves yesterday and I actually enjoyed it. I will get this some time.

_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

its selling better than expected. it has lots of quality games for it. its really popular in my neck of the woods, its pretty much the best motion controller this gen **

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

many people have MOVe but the highlight is always the games, which is good.... just like people don't really discuss about dualshock unless when someone try to compare it with xbox controller... ..... unlike kinect is surrounding by jokes and negative commenthippiesanta

Kinect is downplayed because is actually used in every MS game and has a use and is not just a Eyetoy sequel with zero support by actual games

lol your all stupid

PS Move has sold 8.4million units

Kinect has sold 10.4m million units

there are 8 move games coming out this holiday

Pokemon266

PS Move has sold 8 million including

1. Stand alone 30$ sticks

2. 99$ bundles

3. Sticks bought by same player for 2-3 player gameplay

Kinect on the other hand is just the 150$ units, 10 million of real sales and with a huge price no less

Darth_DuMas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Darth_DuMas
Member since 2006 • 2687 Posts

PS3 owners have more to talk about than a motion control perpheral. It's unfortunate all console owners can't say the same thing.

Pug-Nasty

Ouch sounds like you took that op personally.

Just because MS actually market and support their products, it doesn't mean that's all 360 owners are talking about.

-

Sounds like move is just another eyetoy, a device sony don't make use of.