Well did MS pay GS for the best and worst feature or what.No i am serious.

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

LIAR ign said uncharted had the best graphic ont on ANY console to DATE!!!!michael48891

Funny how cows scream conspiracy at GS but say nothing about IGN which has a proven history of selling reviews. Ever think they were paid off for this one? :o

No its just poor helpless lil Sony being victimised by all those big business mean game sites :cry:

Arnalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Arnalion
Member since 2006 • 3316 Posts

360 multiplats are better. Its a fact, if there is no difference in content and the 360 has better frame rates or graphics then its just too bad for the PS3.

COD 4 is an acheivement for the 360, so is most of the games that come out on 360. For a console that was release in 2005 this machine is outperforming the PS3, anyone predict this?

Its not been a good year for PS3, it started to pick up recently but not enough in time for GS to herald Sony as golden balls this year for most things. Next year PS3 will catch up and maybe even overtake 360 though.

hongkingkong

We were talking about the PC here too you know...
The orange box is a PC package, period.

But it's called lemmingspot for a reason. ;)

azshorty2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 azshorty2003
Member since 2004 • 4651 Posts
they have bad lists on nominees this year. many good games are missing.
-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#54 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
yeah, and for all the Orange Box nominations it says (PC,360) :shock:
Kevin-V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55 Kevin-V
Member since 2006 • 5418 Posts
Yes, Microsoft paid us to use 360 box art, as they pay us off for a lot of other odds and ends, which explains why I drive a Beamer, eat caviar daily, and take my private jet to work. It's a lifestyle I'd only hitherto dreamed about.
Arnalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Arnalion

yeah, and for all the Orange Box nominations it says (PC,360) :shock:-Sniper99-

Mmmyeah but the PS3 version had some framerate issues didn't it?

Yes, Microsoft paid us to use 360 box art, as they pay us off for a lot of other odds and ends, which explains why I drive a Beamer, eat caviar daily, and take my private jet to work. It's a life****I'd only hitherto dreamed about. Kevin-V

I don't think Microsoft has paid you guys or anything.
But why use a 360 cover at a games which "officially" is seen as a PC game?

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

Yes, Microsoft paid us to use 360 box art, as they pay us off for a lot of other odds and ends, which explains why I drive a Beamer, eat caviar daily, and take my private jet to work. It's a lifestyle I'd only hitherto dreamed about. Kevin-V

you should put /sarcasm at the end of your post or you'll just make it worse :D

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

Yes, Microsoft paid us to use 360 box art, as they pay us off for a lot of other odds and ends, which explains why I drive a Beamer, eat caviar daily, and take my private jet to work. It's a lifestyle I'd only hitherto dreamed about. Kevin-V

I knew it! THe consperies are REAL!!!!!!1 :o

astiop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 astiop
Member since 2005 • 3582 Posts

:O Holy ****! First time I see one of the big guys post on sw.

XanderZane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 XanderZane
Member since 2006 • 5174 Posts
Who cares? The versions are noted for all the platforms. Maybe next time Gamespot should just cut off the platform portion in the picture. :roll:
Sparky04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Sparky04
Member since 2006 • 3390 Posts
[QUOTE="Kaosed"]

yeah thats why mass efect is not even in the xbox game of the year and it got rated 8.5

have you played all the games u just mentioned atleast?

Thinker_145

So it's that one thing you are going to hang around and ignore the huge evidence we have here.No seriously tell me why is the 360 box art shown for every multi game.

The same reason multi games had Playstation 2 Logo's on them last gen.

astiop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 astiop
Member since 2005 • 3582 Posts

Who cares? The versions are noted for all the platforms. Maybe next time Gamespot should just cut off the platform portion in the picture. :roll: XanderZane

Except virtua fighter 5, I might have to re-check but I think only the 360 version got nominated.

Kevin-V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Kevin-V

Arnalion

A lot of that stuff is simply arbitrary, not a grand conspiracy. Chances are, we just chose box art without much regard for which one we chose. Though speaking in terms of reason may be lost on this crowd. I also wonder about the thought that Orange Box is "officially seen" as a multiplatform game. Did some governing body I am not aware of determine that since HL2 was originally a PC game mean that The Orange Box is only an unofficial 360 game?

BovinesOnPaska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 BovinesOnPaska
Member since 2007 • 540 Posts
TC should get banned for false accusations.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="Arnalion"]

Kevin-V

A lot of that stuff is simply arbitrary, not a grand conspiracy. Chances are, we just chose box art without much regard for which one we chose. Though speaking in terms of reason may be lost on this crowd. I also wonder about the thought that Orange Box is "officially seen" as a multiplatform game. Did some governing body I am not aware of determine that since HL2 was originally a PC game mean that The Orange Box is only an unofficial 360 game?

Kevin trying to persuade people here that everything isn't some grand plot doesn't work, justask Casey!
azshorty2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 azshorty2003

I knew it!!! Th3 c0nSp1rici3s r rEalZ!! :o

GnR-SLaSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 GnR-SLaSh
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts

360 multiplats are better. Its a fact, if there is no difference in content and the 360 has better frame rates or graphics then its just too bad for the PS3.

COD 4 is an acheivement for the 360, so is most of the games that come out on 360. For a console that was release in 2005 this machine is outperforming the PS3, anyone predict this?

Its not been a good year for PS3, it started to pick up recently but not enough in time for GS to herald Sony as golden balls this year for most things. Next year PS3 will catch up and maybe even overtake 360 though.

hongkingkong

The fact is that, yes, a lot of the multiplat. games do look better on 360, but not all.

Sonicplys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Sonicplys
Member since 2004 • 2603 Posts
Mircosoft pays everyone to get their games the highest honor. Everyone knows that Mario Galaxy was the best game this entire year.
Palax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Palax
Member since 2003 • 2399 Posts
I found that MP3 missing from all categories a little disturbing.
imelitenow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 imelitenow
Member since 2007 • 613 Posts

cuz its M$ with a BIG $.

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#71 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts
pc games don't sell as well as 360 games, for one thing you don't have to worry if you have the necessary system requirements just to run the game
froidnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 froidnite
Member since 2006 • 2294 Posts
I also wonder about the thought that Orange Box is "officially seen" as a multiplatform game. Did some governing body I am not aware of determine that since HL2 was originally a PC game mean that The Orange Box is only an unofficial 360 game? Kevin-V
PC was the lead platform for Orange box.
froidnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 froidnite
[QUOTE="Thinker_145"]

Every single multiplatform game shows the 360 box art:|.I mean even for orange box which is obviously superior on the PC and the PC version should be the lead for this game atleast if you know what i mean.

And then in the best technical graphics they show the 360 version of COD4 when the graphics are obviously better on the PC.They are trying to pass that it's a 360 game.

And then the nail in the coffin goes with ace combat 6 getting nominated for best technical graphics instead of uncharted.:|

And that's not all,GS tries to pass the wii library as total garbage by not nominating MP3 in the top 5 wii games.I mean just look at the other wii nominations apart from mario galaxy.

And even then it's not finished as it seems like MS was not happy with UT3 getting late on the 360 so it was not nominated in the best multiplayer.:|

Consoletant

Here is the reason... Are you ready?

For every Orange Box/COD4 game that sold for PC, at least 3-4 times that sold for the Xbox 360.

lol....are you joking...I mean steam sales can probably match OB sales on X360.....The PC one led the multiplatform list when it was released.
azshorty2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 azshorty2003
its a multiplat game, but closer to PC game than anything else.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

[QUOTE="Kevin-V"]Yes, Microsoft paid us to use 360 box art, as they pay us off for a lot of other odds and ends, which explains why I drive a Beamer, eat caviar daily, and take my private jet to work. It's a lifestyle I'd only hitherto dreamed about. blue_hazy_basic

Clearly sarcasm. He spelled Bimmer wrong :P

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="Kevin-V"][QUOTE="Arnalion"]

blue_hazy_basic

Kevin trying to persuade people here that everything isn't some grand plot doesn't work, justask Casey!

Shame when Admins have to stop by and try to lay down order. Shame.

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts
It's not Gamespot's fault that they got more money from Microsoft than from Sony.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]

[QUOTE="Kevin-V"]Yes, Microsoft paid us to use 360 box art, as they pay us off for a lot of other odds and ends, which explains why I drive a Beamer, eat caviar daily, and take my private jet to work. It's a lifestyle I'd only hitherto dreamed about. Dreams-Visions

Clearly sarcasm. He spelled Bimmer wrong :P

damn, too subtle for me!
froidnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 froidnite
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="Kevin-V"][QUOTE="Arnalion"]

Dreams-Visions

Nay...I think he is just having some fun
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="Kevin-V"][QUOTE="Arnalion"]

Dreams-Visions

SW is actually making me depressed about the human condition today more so than usual lol I think the xmas break will do me good! :P
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="Kevin-V"][QUOTE="Arnalion"]

blue_hazy_basic

SW is actually making me depressed about the human condition today more so than usual lol I think the xmas break will do me good! :P

I was thinking about that just this morning. Me thinks I'll be taking an extended vacation too. The level of IQ seems to have fallen sharply lately.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#82 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

I was thinking about that just this morning. Me thinks I'll be taking an extended vacation too. The level of IQ seems to have fallen sharply lately.

Dreams-Visions
I never thought that would have happened, seeing as how low it was before...
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"]

nintendofreak_2

look around today. or yesterday. or the day before. all-time lows in thread quality and quantity.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#84 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

look around today. or yesterday. or the day before. all-time lows in thread quality and quantity.

Dreams-Visions
I know... I've been afraid to post to be honest. :?
Kevin-V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Kevin-V
I was just bored and coming in to keep myself occupied anyway. Seriously, it's just box art. By using a particular platform's box art, we're not making some kind of pro-anything statement. It's just a box. With art.
Arnalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Arnalion
[QUOTE="Arnalion"]

Kevin-V

I don't think there is some kind of conspiracy, I'm just curious.
The PC version of the package is superior (cheaper, kb/m, graphics, save/load times), because the games were initially designed for the PC. So why showcase the package as a 360 game?
I don't really care, I'm just here for the discussion. ;)

froidnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 froidnite

I was just bored and coming in to keep myself occupiedKevin-V
That's the reason most of the people come to SW anyway.:P

BovinesOnPaska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 BovinesOnPaska
Member since 2007 • 540 Posts
I was just bored and coming in to keep myself occupied anyway. Seriously, it's just box art. By using a particular platform's box art, we're not making some kind of pro-anything statement. It's just a box. With art. Kevin-V

Oh to stop all this gamespot is the biased or teh conspiracy, chage the 360 box for the ps3 one and all cows will be happy.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"]

Dreams-Visions

Well I'm outta here have a goodChristmas/Quanza/Hanukka/whatever else,all see you in a week or so! Eat well and be merry (and all those over 21 get merrier unless you live outside the US and its ok). I can't take it any more!
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#90 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts

and doen't cod4 look better on ps 3? ace combat 6 wtf.GARRYTH

Nay. The console versions are identical. The PC version is better however. As for the thread, stop being such a fanboy. They're not trying to "pass it off as a 360 game", as if anyone logging into gamespot to see what won best graphics of the year doesn't know that COD4 is a PC game too? Come on...

Also, i grow so very tired of every positive xbox-related thing being the result of microsoft "paying people off." Grow up. Who gives them this money? Bill gates? Do you think they have a special wing set up for the paying off of internet video game reviewers? What do they even have to gain from that? Unless they pay off ALL OF THEM, but then wouldn't that be obvious by now? Wouldn't all the games incorrectly reviewed AAA be piling up by now? Wouldn't we know something wrong was amiss?

Stop this silliness.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Its rather simple really, the 360 has the best exclusive games and the best versions of games.

nowakawon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 nowakawon
Member since 2006 • 436 Posts

Its rather simple really, the 360 has the best exclusive games and the best versions of games.

ReverseCycology

Actually, that has nothing to do with it. Read the thread.

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
M$ spends money like their about to lose a war.
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#94 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
[QUOTE="Kaosed"]

yeah thats why mass efect is not even in the xbox game of the year and it got rated 8.5

Thinker_145

So it's that one thing you are going to hang around and ignore the huge evidence we have here.No seriously tell me why is the 360 box art shown for every multi game.

CNET owns Gamespot. CNET and Microsoft sleep together. They do I'm serious. It's really creepy, but it's the truth.

GS is losing all gaming credibility, but at least people on the forums are cool.

Arnalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Arnalion
[QUOTE="Thinker_145"][QUOTE="Kaosed"]

EmperorSupreme

CNET owns Gamespot. CNET and Microsoft sleep together. They do I'm serious. It's really creepy, but it's the truth.

GS is losing all gaming credibility, but at least people on the forums are cool.

That CNET kicked Jeff is a preatty sad story. But I still don't think it has influenced GameSpots reviews.
I've never used GameSpot as one singel source for reviews/scores because that's IMO incredibly stupid. By logic is several sources bound to be more accurate than one source.
I usually go by GameRankings and IGN, Matt and Boz has the same taste for games that I have. :P

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#96 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

Ninja-Vox

Also, i grow so very tired of every positive xbox-related thing being the result of microsoft "paying people off." Grow up. Who gives them this money? Bill gates? Do you think they have a special wing set up for the paying off of internet video game reviewers? What do they even have to gain from that? Unless they pay off ALL OF THEM, but then wouldn't that be obvious by now? Wouldn't all the games incorrectly reviewed AAA be piling up by now? Wouldn't we know something wrong was amiss?

Microsoft isn't losing billions on X360 because they have the newest technology or because they built a quality unit. That money is going somewhere. It's ignorant to assume the most profitable company in the history of mankind doesn't pay people off or influence the media. Heck they even own their own news channel MSNBC.

zeldarooles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 zeldarooles
Member since 2005 • 260 Posts
I thought the nominees were user chosen, or am I mistaken?
sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts

ReverseCycology

Even if they did pick the best version of the game, the PC versions are always, ALWAYS better than the 360 ones.

killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts
[QUOTE="Thinker_145"][QUOTE="Kaosed"]

EmperorSupreme

which is why no xbox games was GOTY here... not even halo.... because GS loves MS....yepp:roll:
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]

EmperorSupreme

Microsoft isn't losing billions on X360 because they have the newest technology or because they built a quality unit. That money is going somewhere. It's ignorant to assume the most profitable company in the history of mankind doesn't pay people off or influence the media. Heck they even own their own news channel MSNBC.

MS is paying billions of dollar for good reviews?