Well did MS pay GS for the best and worst feature or what.No i am serious.

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thinker_145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Thinker_145
Member since 2007 • 2546 Posts

Every single multiplatform game shows the 360 box art:|.I mean even for orange box which is obviously superior on the PC and the PC version should be the lead for this game atleast if you know what i mean.

And then in the best technical graphics they show the 360 version of COD4 when the graphics are obviously better on the PC.They are trying to pass that it's a 360 game.

And then the nail in the coffin goes with ace combat 6 getting nominated for best technical graphics instead of uncharted.:|

And that's not all,GS tries to pass the wii library as total garbage by not nominating MP3 in the top 5 wii games.I mean just look at the other wii nominations apart from mario galaxy.

And even then it's not finished as it seems like MS was not happy with UT3 getting late on the 360 so it was not nominated in the best multiplayer.:|

Kaosed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kaosed
Member since 2006 • 3409 Posts

yeah thats why mass efect is not even in the xbox game of the year and it got rated 8.5

have you played all the games u just mentioned atleast?

Greyhound222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Greyhound222
Member since 2005 • 2899 Posts
He does have a valid point.
Thinker_145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Thinker_145

yeah thats why mass efect is not even in the xbox game of the year and it got rated 8.5

have you played all the games u just mentioned atleast?

Kaosed
So it's that one thing you are going to hang around and ignore the huge evidence we have here.No seriously tell me why is the 360 box art shown for every multi game.
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
and doen't cod4 look better on ps 3? ace combat 6 wtf.
dam999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dam999
Member since 2005 • 100 Posts
its true every time the game is available on other formats they only showed the xbox 360 cover on every game
hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts

360 multiplats are better. Its a fact, if there is no difference in content and the 360 has better frame rates or graphics then its just too bad for the PS3.

COD 4 is an acheivement for the 360, so is most of the games that come out on 360. For a console that was release in 2005 this machine is outperforming the PS3, anyone predict this?

Its not been a good year for PS3, it started to pick up recently but not enough in time for GS to herald Sony as golden balls this year for most things. Next year PS3 will catch up and maybe even overtake 360 though.

djxaquaxblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 djxaquaxblue
Member since 2004 • 2539 Posts

its true every time the game is available on other formats they only showed the xbox 360 cover on every game dam999

yeah they also tend to do that on Gametrailers as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

I quit voting after the thrid or fourth caption. I quit even looking at the nominees when it had most Innovative game mechanic or something, and it was all 360 shooters and Assassins Creed. No Zack and Wiki, MP3, or MOH2 for innovative gamepkay or controls scheme?

What a pathetic, joke of a website Gamespot has become.

Thinker_145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Thinker_145
its true every time the game is available on other formats they only showed the xbox 360 cover on every game dam999
I mean cant they just hide the platform cover.Or atleast show the box art of the superior version and in that case the 360 version of COD4 and orange box just cant be superior over the PC.
Thinker_145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Thinker_145

360 multiplats are better. Its a fact, if there is no difference in content and the 360 has better frame rates or graphics then its just too bad for the PS3.

COD 4 is an acheivement for the 360, so is most of the games that come out on 360. For a console that was release in 2005 this machine is outperforming the PS3, anyone predict this?

Its not been a good year for PS3, it started to pick up recently but not enough in time for GS to herald Sony as golden balls this year for most things. Next year PS3 will catch up and maybe even overtake 360 though.

hongkingkong
And what does that have to do with this.:roll:
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts
He does have a valid point.Greyhound222
MS paid for this but did't pay to make ME AAA.... ROFL MS only "pays" when its convenient.....
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

WTF? Uncharted deserves best graphics... And all of your other points are spot on.

At least COD4 will win GOTY :). Either that or SMG.

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts
While I don't agree with the awards myself, these Microsoft conspiracies is childish and needs to end.
63rdAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 63rdAwesome
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts

A) So what if It has the 360 box art? Most people who play those games own a 360.

B) You know, maybe the 360 version of COD4 deserves the award. Your just some elitist PC gamer who just paranoid that consoles are catching up to PC's in visual terms.

C) Uncharted? All I hear is MOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

D) Well that is because the Wii library is garbage. Metriod Prime was way better on the Gamecube anyway.

hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts
[QUOTE="hongkingkong"]

Thinker_145

And what does that have to do with this.:roll:

I thought i picked points and answered your thread in a structured way. But if you prefer i could just flame you like an idiot. either way its all gravy.

Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#17 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts

I quit voting after the thrid or fourth caption. I quit even looking at the nominees when it had most Innovative gameplay or something, and it was all 360 shooters and Assassins Creed. No Zack and Wiki, MP3, or MOH2 for innovative gamepkay or controls scheme?

What a pathetic, joke of a website Gamespot has become.

Nuck81

I got to agree with a lot of this. For a year that was supposedly one of the greatest years for gaming of all time, the same group of 7 or 8 games kept showing up over and over over in most of the categories. Lot of really good Wii and PSP games seemed to have been forgotten about. And really, even God of War 2 which was praised as a damn near second coming back at the beginning of the year, gotleft out ofa lot of categories I thought it would have been in.

Supafly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Supafly1
Member since 2003 • 4441 Posts

hongkingkong

Well, CoD 4 and Orange Box are better on the PC and that's a fact too.

Chone-Figgins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chone-Figgins
Member since 2007 • 354 Posts

hongkingkong

:roll:

no...

360 is just the more popular system.....

showing 360 box art and "favoring" 360 equals more money......

Its just buisness....

hustler_151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hustler_151
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts
ace combat 6 over uncharted!?
Thinker_145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Thinker_145

A) So what if It has the 360 box art? Most people who play those games own a 360.

B) You know, maybe the 360 version of COD4 deserves the award. Your just some elitist PC gamer who just paranoid that consoles are catching up to PC's in visual terms.

D) Well that is because the Wii library is garbage. Metriod Prime was way better on the Gamecube anyway.

63rdAwesome

A)Yes orange box sold more on 360 than HL2 on PC.:roll:

B)I'll ignore such fanboyish comments.

C)Ok.:roll:

D)Yes wario ware and zack and wiki are beter than MP3.:|

niall077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 niall077
Member since 2006 • 1729 Posts

ON THE SPOT... brought to you by..Xbox360

the Hotspot..... brought to you by... sync.... powerd by MICROSOFT!!!!

see the connection

Xolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Xolver
Member since 2005 • 2052 Posts

see the connection

niall077

Is that real or...? I just never bother with on the spot or the hotspot.

niall077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 niall077
Member since 2006 • 1729 Posts
[QUOTE="niall077"]

see the connection

Xolver

Is that real or...? I just never bother with on the spot or the hotspot.

yes its real.... but i think on the spot was sponsered by gamestop this week...last week it was the 360 :)
-AK47-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -AK47-
Member since 2007 • 3277 Posts
You've got a valid argument. You might be right. maybe
EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#27 EntwineX
Member since 2005 • 5858 Posts

- Yes, I did notice as well that every multiplat game had picture of the 360 version and it did bother me a bit.

- Yes, MANY of the nominees were badly chosen imo, with good ones left out and crappy ones included.

- No, I don't think MS directly paid them, I think it's just the incompetence of GS, like always. For e.g. multiplayer GoTY 2006 was Gears when even lemmings agree that it had serious issues in that department.

Avatar image for Mythbuster4ever
Mythbuster4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Mythbuster4ever
Member since 2007 • 2846 Posts

SOOOOO!!!!!

WHo cares.......

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts

Every single multiplatform game shows the 360 box art:|.I mean even for orange box which is obviously superior on the PC and the PC version should be the lead for this game atleast if you know what i mean.

And then in the best technical graphics they show the 360 version of COD4 when the graphics are obviously better on the PC.They are trying to pass that it's a 360 game.

And then the nail in the coffin goes with ace combat 6 getting nominated for best technical graphics instead of uncharted.:|

And that's not all,GS tries to pass the wii library as total garbage by not nominating MP3 in the top 5 wii games.I mean just look at the other wii nominations apart from mario galaxy.

And even then it's not finished as it seems like MS was not happy with UT3 getting late on the 360 so it was not nominated in the best multiplayer.:|

Thinker_145

Continue to smoke whatever it is that you're smoking, Box art? MS is paying GS to show xbox box art? Face it, OB PC/360 same score, get over yourself. The fact of the matter is most of the multiplat games this year have been the best on 360 so why wouldn't they show the 360 box art?

Thinker_145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Thinker_145
[QUOTE="Thinker_145"]

Frostbite24

Continue to smoke whatever it is that you're smoking, Box art? MS is paying GS to show xbox box art? Face it, OB PC/360 same score, get over yourself. The fact of the matter is most of the multiplat games this year have been the best on 360 so why wouldn't they show the 360 box art?

Please tell me which of the multiplats listed in the awards are superior on the 360.COD4,OB and bioshock are all superior on the PC.If you dont agree than you are not worth arguing with cuz you like to go with the scores.
xTHExJUICEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 xTHExJUICEx
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts

Thinker_145

:o How does that happen?!

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Frostbite24
[QUOTE="Frostbite24"][QUOTE="Thinker_145"]

Thinker_145

Please tell me which of the multiplats listed in the awards are superior on the 360.COD4,OB and bioshock are all superior on the PC.If you dont agree than you are not worth arguing with cuz you like to go with the scores.

All those listed are better on the 360 for those whose PCs aren't quite up to snuff to your expensive rig so more people can have a better quality time on the 360 than the 360. More people having more fun is better no? And dude, you have serious ego problem.

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Frostbite24
[QUOTE="Thinker_145"]

xTHExJUICEx

While I don't think Ace Combat is the best looking game, I've always said Uncharted's graphics were wayyyyy overrated, looks like I was right.

xTHExJUICEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xTHExJUICEx
Man the GS staff is such a joke, and their podcast sucks! :P Seriously though I cant stand they way they all try and make it out like they are the most unbias people on the planet, give it a rest...its nice to hear once in awhile someone admit they are bias towards a certain company. HECK WE ALL ARE...why not just admit it?
xTHExJUICEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 xTHExJUICEx
[QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"][QUOTE="Thinker_145"]

Frostbite24

While I don't think Ace Combat is the best looking game, I've always said Uncharted's graphics were wayyyyy overrated, looks like I was right.

Your opinion would matter......IF you actually played the game.

jack_russel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jack_russel
Member since 2004 • 6544 Posts
If they don't give microsoft the "game of the year" award, then somebody is going to get the "Jeff Gerstmann" award.
Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Frostbite24
[QUOTE="Frostbite24"][QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"][QUOTE="Thinker_145"]

xTHExJUICEx

Wow, nice try fanboy, Ibet assumptions probably aren't the only thing you suck at. I've played Uncharted and I dare anyone to call me a liar, you'll just make an ass out of yourself.

Thinker_145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Thinker_145
[QUOTE="Thinker_145"][QUOTE="Frostbite24"][QUOTE="Thinker_145"]

Frostbite24

All those listed are better on the 360 for those whose PCs aren't quite up to snuff to your expensive rig so more people can have a better quality time on the 360 than the 360. More people having more fun is better no? And dude, you have serious ego problem.

Well that still doesnt make the 360 version superior.But forget that tell me how the 360 version of COD4 and AC is superior to that of the ps3.And plz dont say that more people have a 360 than a ps3 so it's superior.
michael48891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 michael48891
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

63rdAwesome
I think you need to tell your mum to stop talking to you while your online
kevbo77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kevbo77
Member since 2003 • 656 Posts

Thinker_145

That's why they used PS3 box art for Def Jam Icon for best sound design, and used AC's PS3 box art for best control scheme.....thread/

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Frostbite24
[QUOTE="Frostbite24"][QUOTE="Thinker_145"][QUOTE="Frostbite24"][QUOTE="Thinker_145"]

Thinker_145

Well that still doesnt make the 360 version superior.But forget that tell me how the 360 version of COD4 and AC is superior to that of the ps3.And plz dont say that more people have a 360 than a ps3 so it's superior.

I'd keep explaining things to you but then you'd never learn anything, ah who am I kidding? You can't teach a retarded dog new tricks anyhow. Or any tricks for that matter. No, retarded dogs are always going to be retarded.

You should do some research yourself, it is called being self-sufficient though that is probably a lot to ask because you act like you're still living at home and being taken care of. Are you parents buying you a new graphics card this christmas?

michael48891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 michael48891
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"][QUOTE="Frostbite24"][QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"][QUOTE="Thinker_145"]

Frostbite24

Wow, nice try fanboy, Ibet assumptions probably aren't the only thing you suck at. I've played Uncharted and I dare anyone to call me a liar, you'll just make an ass out of yourself.

LIAR ign said uncharted had the best graphic ont on ANY console to DATE!!!!
dooly420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dooly420
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts
i saw a few ps3 boxes. i guess you were just seeing what you wanted to see so you could whine about it on system wars.
black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts

hongkingkong

I agree only to an extent. COD 4 on PS3 is the same as the 360 version. Proven many times over. Assasins creed is the same also, except for some Microscopic differences that arent enough to say its better on 360. Also, games coming up like Burnout, DMC4, and most likely all the new Multiplt games will look the same on PS3 as they do the 360. The "360 Multiplts are netter" transition is basically over.

xTHExJUICEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 xTHExJUICEx
[QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"][QUOTE="Frostbite24"][QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"][QUOTE="Thinker_145"]

Frostbite24

No need to get upset :lol: I think everyone knows your too huge of a lem to even consider picking up a sixaxis.

SuperVegeta518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SuperVegeta518
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
Ace Combat 6 is one of the best looking console games, and the box art is probably picked based on popularity, so no.
Consoletant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Consoletant
Member since 2003 • 1614 Posts

Thinker_145

Here is the reason... Are you ready?

For every Orange Box/COD4 game that sold for PC, at least 3-4 times that sold for the Xbox 360.

Thinker_145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Thinker_145
[QUOTE="Thinker_145"]

Consoletant

Here is the reason... Are you ready?

For every Orange Box/COD4 game that sold for PC, at least 3-4 times that sold for the Xbox 360.

LMAO you got owned massively cuz HL2 alone has sold more on the PC than cod4 and orange box combined on the 360.:lol: