Was there ever a console with a higher failure rate and more technical issues

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44313 Posts

PS2 though it didn't get anywhere near as scrutinized for it's umm, lack of dependability as this gens 360. The perception is that 360 problems been worse and more frequent but that is only the perception created by this gen SDF generals. :P

partyboy219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 partyboy219
Member since 2004 • 33 Posts

PS2--my first one only lasted 3 days, I had a total of 6 PS2 before they started selling the PS2 slim

As of now I'm only on my third xbox 360 (one of them was stolen)

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="furomaster_99"]Huh? So you are saying "MS you can sell terrible hardware and I will buy it anyway". Well, that's just perfect! :shock:

furomaster_99

but it's not terrible now, check my above post, according to square trade the failure rate has dropped dramatically in the last year to belo 5 % "Fortunately, SquareTrade found that Xbox 360 quality has improved dramatically since the third quarter of 2008, shortly before the 65nm CPU/GPU "Jasper" model was introduced. Since then, first-year failure rates have plummeted to below the 4 percent the company projected. Looking at 500 units purchased in 2009, SquareTrade found that less than 1 percent had suffered the Red Ring of Death. " again,last paragraph http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6216691.html why would i buy a console if i have no interest in the games it offers? i am getting a PS3 for killzone 2, what was i supposed to do till then? give up gaming, yeah right ,in your dreams, i could say the same thing about the PS2 DRE, and at least MS pony'd up with the 3 year warranty, SONY got sued and STILL denied liability, even after they where found liable, don't act like the 360 is the only unreliable console in history,that's just plain naive

As with lemmings statements on the 54% failure rate...."It's not a fair representation of all the xbox360s / small sample size". MS was forced into the 3 year warranty; That or recall all systems. They didn't "pony up" to anything without the legal system being involved.

keep spouting rubbish with no tangible evidence to back up your claims,and i never even commented on the 54% failure rate except to say it sounded about right at the time, i don't even really have to defend the RROD, it doesn't bother me that much, i am used to faulty hardware, and i don't relly give a stuff how other people feel about it, if it bothers you,just don't buy a 360,simple as,you stick with your weapon of choice, i will stck with mine, which is the 360, cos i can't get Halo,fable,mas effect,left4dead, splinter cell conviction or alan wake on the PS3
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#104 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
PS2, I think. Mine broke after 5 years, now I have a Slim, which I hear is more reliable. Still not as bad as 360 and it's God-awful ****tastic hardware. I'm on my third, which is ridiculous, and my friend just got a new Arcade to replace his, and it just get Red Ringed. Totally ridiclous, MS really needs pull out the stops and go the Sony route, and make a 360 Slim or something.
drakecool1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 drakecool1
Member since 2009 • 1145 Posts

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

before any cow states the ps2 had no issues

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/guides/2003/11/ps2-repair-guide.ars

EndorphinMaster

Too late. Cows have already been pretending that the problem had never existed.

lemmings are the ones who bring it up when noone knew about it just to try to justify the horrible 360 failure rate.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

yes it was called the ps2.

You'll get cows in here and likely all ready have since im taking part on page 3 of this thread saying but but but but the ps2 never failed, it was flawless...ect

But in reality the ps2 had the worst reliablity last gen, enough to warrent a class action suit that ACTUALLY went to court, and guess what? they never fixed it, they lowered its chance just like microsoft has done with the 360, but i had a ps2 slim purchased in 2007 and it failed to DRE....

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

You'll get cows in here and likely all ready have since im taking part on page 3 of this thread saying but but but but the ps2 never failed, it was flawless...ect

But in reality the ps2 had the worst reliablity last gen, enough to warrent a class action suit that ACTUALLY went to court, and guess what? they never fixed it, they lowered its chance just like microsoft has done with the 360, but i had a ps2 slim purchased in 2007 and it failed to DRE....

WilliamRLBaker
Lems need to L2Read this thread is asking if any console is WORSE then the 360, not if there were other consoles that had probs. I can't believe how many lems keep coming in saying cows are saying the PS2 never failed, were saying it didn't fail as much! Get it straight...
drakecool1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 drakecool1
Member since 2009 • 1145 Posts

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

EndorphinMaster

u guys are the opnes putting it in the spotlight when hardly anyone knew about it just to justify the 360 failure rate

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts
No not at all, but PS2 was close.
MizFitAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 MizFitAwesome
Member since 2009 • 2745 Posts

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

Eddie-Vedder

Lems need to L2Read this thread is asking if any console is WORSE then the 360, not if there were other consoles that had probs. I can't believe how many lems keep coming in saying cows are saying the PS2 never failed, were saying it didn't fail as much! Get it straight...

Yet the majority of people posting here agree the PS2 was worse. Except for the Cows that want everyone to think they still all own launch PS2's amd motthing ever happened...

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

PS2 wasn't nearly as bad as the 360.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

MizFitAwesome

Yet the majority of people posting here agree the PS2 was worse. Except for the Cows that want everyone to think they still all own launch PS2's amd motthing ever happened...

Rofl so now lems claim the PS2 was worse then the 360? :lol: Now I've heard everything...
MizFitAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 MizFitAwesome

Rofl so now lems claim the PS2 was worse then the 360? :lol: Now I've heard everything...Eddie-Vedder

You're the one telling everyone to learn to read and claiming only lems are claiming the PS2 was worse when PS2 is frequently mentioned in this thread. So everyone that answered PS2 in this thread is a lem?

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] Rofl so now lems claim the PS2 was worse then the 360? :lol: Now I've heard everything...MizFitAwesome

You're the one telling everyone to learn to read and claiming only lems are claiming the PS2 was worse when PS2 is frequently mentioned in this thread. So everyone that answered PS2 in this thread is a lem?

The people mentioning the PS2 aren't claiming the PS2 was worse, they're just saying it too had problems, which is why I said L2Read, cause the thread is about if theres is any console that is WORSE, not if any other console had probs.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#115 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
No Nintendo/Sony/Sega/other MS machine is as bad, no. But anyone quoting 54% can go sit in the corner for an hour.
MizFitAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 MizFitAwesome

[QUOTE="MizFitAwesome"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] Rofl so now lems claim the PS2 was worse then the 360? :lol: Now I've heard everything...Eddie-Vedder

The people mentioning the PS2 aren't claiming the PS2 was worse, they're just saying it too had problems, which is why I said L2Read, cause the thread is about if theres is any console that is WORSE, not if any other console had probs.

Oh i keep forgeting cows and selective reading are the best of friends and then you claimonly lems are answering PS2 to cover it up. Just like the people that still deny PS2 had problems to begin with....

CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts

The NES and it's shoddy 72 pin connector for reading games. Blinking lights and unreadable game started just months after first use, which of course led to the world-wide myth that blowing in games would make them work, a myth that is still believed by many today.

farrell2k
lol I used to blow into the cartridges all the time, after a couple of times they would usually work.
mirriorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#118 mirriorman
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts

[QUOTE="EndorphinMaster"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

drakecool1

u guys are the opnes putting it in the spotlight when hardly anyone knew about it just to justify the 360 failure rate

hardly anyone knew about it?lol you mean it never happened to you #

my ps2 broke two times in 4yrs so yeah i think thats worse

CQCmasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#119 CQCmasta
Member since 2006 • 724 Posts

I don't know but my PS2 has always been fine and so have my other family members and friends. I know two other guys with X360 and they have said it has screwed them over at least once, for me though twice. Not that I'm bagging Microsoft, I love my Xbox 360 awesome games and awesome online