Was there ever a console with a higher failure rate and more technical issues

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

agesyrh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 agesyrh
Member since 2010 • 164 Posts

than the 360?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

The new 360 hardware doesn't fail nearly as much. This is a tired topic.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Yes there definately was, I cant quite remember the name of it, but it was like the coleco adam, or one of those random gaming computers in like 1985, more than 50% didn't operate at all.

agesyrh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 agesyrh
Member since 2010 • 164 Posts

jimkabrhel
I mean the old hardware, launch hardware.
Regisland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Regisland
Member since 2009 • 2390 Posts

Yes its a lot lower but still,it is the winner when it comes to this subject.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21703 Posts

PS2 was pretty bad from what I remember. I still firmly believe if you treat your consoles properly, they'll work just fine. My launch 360 still works, and so does my 30 year old intellivision.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#8 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

It's called the Jaguar.

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

I remember at launch the PS2 had pretty bad failure rates, but like Microsoft at the end they got their act together.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

The NES and it's shoddy 72 pin connector for reading games. Blinking lights and unreadable game started just months after first use, which of course led to the world-wide myth that blowing in games would make them work, a myth that is still believed by many today.

farrell2k

Using a game genie or pushing in on the edges and shaking it when its in the slot fixes it everytime.

pstripl3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pstripl3
Member since 2007 • 795 Posts
to answer your question "no". 360 had the highest failure rate. thats why you keep hearing people saying that they fixed their xbox like 4 times before completely giving up on it.
BattleTurtles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BattleTurtles
Member since 2009 • 2406 Posts
PS2?
lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4864 Posts
PS2, early on. However, there were at least 12 revisions of the PS2 made.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

I don't know. Were there ever numbers given out for the PS2? Those are probably pretty close.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts

Yes there definately was, I cant quite remember the name of it, but it was like the coleco adam, or one of those random gaming computers in like 1985, more than 50% didn't operate at all.

VendettaRed07
Thats... correct actually. It had a 50% failure rate.
gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#16 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

NES and PS2

Avatar image for deactivated-5c009341336cd
deactivated-5c009341336cd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5c009341336cd
Member since 2004 • 1855 Posts

i think the ps2 was worse

PtothaWHAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PtothaWHAT
Member since 2009 • 411 Posts

Don't know if this counts as console, but the Sega CD had 9 out of every 10 made fail due to a fuse problem, so i've read.

But it's still hardware.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

than the 360?

agesyrh
yeah, the zx spectrum 48k, i went through 5 of them in 2 years, it was a design flaw, it used unregulated power supply so one power surge could screw the whole board
djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
Having owned almost every console ever made, i cant think of any that come close to the early years of the 360.
djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts

i think the ps2 was worse

tmgwarrior72
Not even close. The PS2 was a piece of junk, but that was overshadowed by a phenomenal library of games. Still, 2005-2006 model hardware for the 360 was far worse then the PS2 ever was.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 delta3074
Having owned almost every console ever made, i cant think of any that come close to the early years of the 360.djsifer01
really? so you never had a problem with the commodore 64, spectrum 48k, amiga A600,panasonic 3DO,NES,mgadrive,jaguar,saturn,playstation 1,N64,dreamcast,gamecubeand xbox?
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

Peeps saying the PS2 have lost it, the console had a userbase who knows how many times larger and the stories were still nowhere near RROD. All thru last gen I heard 0 stories of PS2's failing, I still have my phat launch ps2. You can't have missed on all the 360 probs, RROD is like pop culture.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Skittles_McGee
[QUOTE="djsifer01"]Having owned almost every console ever made, i cant think of any that come close to the early years of the 360.delta3074
really? so you never had a problem with the commodore 64, spectrum 48k, amiga A600,panasonic 3DO,NES,mgadrive,jaguar,saturn,playstation 1,N64,dreamcast,gamecubeand xbox?

Slow down there sport. While there have been consoles with failure rates in the 360's range or higher, for the most part you listed none that shared the same rate. In fact, you listed ONE console with a similar failure rate.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 delta3074
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="djsifer01"]Having owned almost every console ever made, i cant think of any that come close to the early years of the 360.Skittles_McGee

Slow down there sport. While there have been consoles with failure rates in the 360's range or higher, for the most part you listed none that shared the same rate. In fact, you listed ONE console with a similar failure rate.

sorry dude , but i owned all of them, and the only ones i never had break on me where the N64,xbox, gamecube,and my original xbox i bought in 2003 and it's still going, i gave it to my step son it's been kicked dropped and had discs jammed into it,not so much as a DRE, the 360 may be unreliable, but the original xbox is a solid piece of kit
gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#26 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

The PS3 was found to have a 10% failure rate. The early PS2 models were much, much worse. I worked at Toys R Us when the PS2 launched and we went through at least 5 display PS2s in just 8 months. Not to mention, the launch models were junk and we got 10% of them back within 30 days.

This excludes DRE. Which technically doesn't count as a critical failure. Which reminds me that almost all original Xbox units experienced DRE at some point.

So by the end of this gen it's easy to see that the 360 won't be the worst. If you only count the first 2yrs, then it probably had the highest rate.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Skittles_McGee

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="delta3074"]really? so you never had a problem with the commodore 64, spectrum 48k, amiga A600,panasonic 3DO,NES,mgadrive,jaguar,saturn,playstation 1,N64,dreamcast,gamecubeand xbox?delta3074

sorry dude , but i owned all of them, and the only ones i never had break on me where the N64,xbox, gamecube,and my original xbox i bought in 2003 and it's still going, i gave it to my step son it's been kicked dropped and had discs jammed into it,not so much as a DRE, the 360 may be unreliable, but the original xbox is a solid piece of kit

If those never broke on you, which doesn't surprise me considering how much of a beast GC was in durability, why did you list them? They aren't unreliable, why claim otherwise?

Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts

than the 360?

agesyrh
This topic is a fail. Also a console by the name of PlayStation 2 had quite a few problems *cough cough*
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 delta3074

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"] Slow down there sport. While there have been consoles with failure rates in the 360's range or higher, for the most part you listed none that shared the same rate. In fact, you listed ONE console with a similar failure rate.Skittles_McGee

If those never broke on you, which doesn't surprise me considering how much of a beast GC was in durability, why did you list them? They aren't unreliable, why claim otherwise?

i was trying to catch him out,you know i dropped my GC about 5ft, it took a little chunk out of the casing just below the little ATI sticker,but it worked like a dream, stubborn little basket though, some days it wouldn't read a disc, the next day it would work just fine,i loved my little cube, best exclusives of last gen, but the games dried out, had totrade it in for a xbox, and i was asking if they ever broke on him, never claimed all of them broke on me did i
Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#30 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

The NES and it's shoddy 72 pin connector for reading games. Blinking lights and unreadable game started just months after first use, which of course led to the world-wide myth that blowing in games would make them work, a myth that is still believed by many today.

farrell2k

[QUOTE="farrell2k"]

VendettaRed07

Using a game genie or pushing in on the edges and shaking it when its in the slot fixes it everytime.

Pretty much... my NES from 1986 is still in prime working condition. All you need to do is move the cart to the edge of the lip and push it down.. Works like a charm! :)
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 delta3074
[QUOTE="Midnightshade29"][QUOTE="farrell2k"]

[QUOTE="farrell2k"]

VendettaRed07

Pretty much... my NES from 1986 is still in prime working condition. All you need to do is move the cart to the edge of the lip and push it down.. Works like a charm! :)

you gotta love cartride consoles,most reliable in history
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Midnightshade29

I don't know. Were there ever numbers given out for the PS2? Those are probably pretty close.

Silverbond

Why do lemmings say this in sys wars? When I didn't own a console last gen I didn't know about this ps2 problem. I knew lots and lots of people with PS2 systems and not one of them had a breaking console. Yet when i didn't own a console this gen until Spring 2008 I heard about the 360 rrod from people I knew and on the net. Yet I was on the net last gen and the first time I heard about any problems with the PS2 was on this here forum in 2009.... . I don't here that coming from any other group but lemmings when rrod is brought up. And never in any other forum or on the streets. It seems to me there may have been a few months were some ps2's were flaky and spin is being put on its to lessen the RROD.

If there were so many ps2 problems with 140 million consoles sold yet the only place i have ever heard about this is on sys wars contrast to the much smaller 35mil 360's sold with 9 out of 10 console owners beeing on at least their 2nd or 3rd system some even on as many as number 5 or 6 replacments.... Lemmings seem to be blowing the ps2 thing out of proportion! RROD and E-74 are much much much more widespread and bigger problems, infact it's the first console I ever heard of with a actual "failure rate". That says something.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Skittles_McGee

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

Midnightshade29

Why do lemmings say this in sys wars? When I didn't own a console last gen I didn't know about this ps2 problem. I knew lots and lots of people with PS2 systems and not one of them had a breaking console. Yet when i didn't own a console this gen until Spring 2008 I heard about the 360 rrod from people I knew and on the net. Yet I was on the net last gen and the first time I heard about any problems with the PS2 was on this here forum in 2009.... and guess who its from Lemmings. I don't here that coming from any other group but lemmings when rrod is brought up. And never in any other forum or on the streets. It seems to me there may have been a few months were some ps2's were flaky and lemmings are putting spin on its to lessen the RROD.

If there were so many ps2 problems with 140 million consoles sold yet the only place i have ever heard about this is on sys wars by lemmings contrast to the much smaller 35mil 360's sold with 9 out of 10 console owners beeing on at least their 2nd or 3rd system some even on as many as number 5 or 6 replacments.... Lemmings seem to be blowing the ps2 thing out of proportion! RROD and E-74 are much much much more widespread and bigger problems, infact it's the first console I ever heard of with a actual "failure rate". That says something.

The fact you didn't know has nothing to do with it. Now you ignored this before but hey its worth saying again. There was a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against Sony because of the PS2's issues. Nobody had problems with it? You sure? :| Don't pretend to be ignorant of it. The PS2 definitely had hardware failures. I loved my PS2, but I love reality too.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 delta3074
[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

Midnightshade29
Why do lemmings say this in sys wars? When I didn't own a console last gen I didn't know about this ps2 problem. I knew lots and lots of people with PS2 systems and not one of them had a breaking console. Yet when i didn't own a console this gen until Spring 2008 I heard about the 360 rrod from people I knew and on the net. Yet I was on the net last gen and the first time I heard about any problems with the PS2 was on this here forum.... and guess who its from Lemmings. I don't here that coming from any other group but lemmings when rrod is brought up. And never in any other forum or on the streets. It seems to me there may have been a few months were some ps2's were flaky and lemmings are putting spin on its to lessen the RROD.

unfortunately dude, your experience with the PS2 doesn't equate to the rest of the world, although not as bad as the RROD, the DRE on PS2 was a really big problem, and in it's first year the Ps1 was far more unreliable than the 360 was,that's just the way it goes, being a gamer means that sometimes you have to put up with shoddy gear to play the games you want, i have been gaming for 24 years and i have had shed loads of systems fail on me, you can either buy a new one or quit gaming, those are the only real options, because you can't wave a magic wand and make it all go away,eventually everything breaks,including us, that's just the way it is
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 delta3074
[QUOTE="Midnightshade29"]

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

Skittles_McGee

Why do lemmings say this in sys wars? When I didn't own a console last gen I didn't know about this ps2 problem. I knew lots and lots of people with PS2 systems and not one of them had a breaking console. Yet when i didn't own a console this gen until Spring 2008 I heard about the 360 rrod from people I knew and on the net. Yet I was on the net last gen and the first time I heard about any problems with the PS2 was on this here forum in 2009.... and guess who its from Lemmings. I don't here that coming from any other group but lemmings when rrod is brought up. And never in any other forum or on the streets. It seems to me there may have been a few months were some ps2's were flaky and lemmings are putting spin on its to lessen the RROD.

If there were so many ps2 problems with 140 million consoles sold yet the only place i have ever heard about this is on sys wars by lemmings contrast to the much smaller 35mil 360's sold with 9 out of 10 console owners beeing on at least their 2nd or 3rd system some even on as many as number 5 or 6 replacments.... Lemmings seem to be blowing the ps2 thing out of proportion! RROD and E-74 are much much much more widespread and bigger problems, infact it's the first console I ever heard of with a actual "failure rate". That says something.

The fact you didn't know has nothing to do with it. Now you ignored this before but hey its worth saying again. There was a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against Sony because of the PS2's issues. Nobody had problems with it? You sure? :| Don't pretend to be ignorant of it. The PS2 definitely had hardware failures. I loved my PS2, but I love reality too.

respect mate,good post
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts
[QUOTE="Midnightshade29"]

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

Skittles_McGee

There could have perfectly been a problem but nowhere near as bad as the 360. Was there a sticky thread on hardware problems in the ps2 board that got full really fast and they had to keep making new ones lol? Lemmings just stretch to make it seem like it's common. PS2 was nowhere near the same, specially when you count the size of the userbase and I still went thru all of last gen without hearing any of these stories. This thread isn't asking if there are other consoles that failed before, it's if any are worse then the 360.
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Skittles_McGee

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="Midnightshade29"] Why do lemmings say this in sys wars? When I didn't own a console last gen I didn't know about this ps2 problem. I knew lots and lots of people with PS2 systems and not one of them had a breaking console. Yet when i didn't own a console this gen until Spring 2008 I heard about the 360 rrod from people I knew and on the net. Yet I was on the net last gen and the first time I heard about any problems with the PS2 was on this here forum in 2009.... and guess who its from Lemmings. I don't here that coming from any other group but lemmings when rrod is brought up. And never in any other forum or on the streets. It seems to me there may have been a few months were some ps2's were flaky and lemmings are putting spin on its to lessen the RROD.

Eddie-Vedder

There could have perfectly been a problem but nowhere near as bad as the 360. Was there a sticky thread on hardware problems in the ps2 board that got full really fast and they had to keep making new ones lol? Lemmings just stretch to make it seem like it's common. PS2 was nowhere near the same, specially when you count the size of the userbase and I still went thru all of last gen without hearing any of these stories. This thread isn't asking if there are other consoles that failed before, it's if any are worse then the 360.

I'm not saying it was as bad as the 360's. But this guy likes to pretend the issue never existed. Which is blatantly untrue. That being said, there was quite a bit of talk of the PS2's failure, coining the use of the name "Dr. DRE". It was definitely prevalent.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17450 Posts
PS1, PS2, NES, Game Gear, Virtua Boy. I think PS2 is number 1 though.
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Midnightshade29
[QUOTE="Midnightshade29"][QUOTE="Silverbond"]

delta3074
Why do lemmings say this in sys wars? When I didn't own a console last gen I didn't know about this ps2 problem. I knew lots and lots of people with PS2 systems and not one of them had a breaking console. Yet when i didn't own a console this gen until Spring 2008 I heard about the 360 rrod from people I knew and on the net. Yet I was on the net last gen and the first time I heard about any problems with the PS2 was on this here forum.... and guess who its from Lemmings. I don't here that coming from any other group but lemmings when rrod is brought up. And never in any other forum or on the streets. It seems to me there may have been a few months were some ps2's were flaky and lemmings are putting spin on its to lessen the RROD.

unfortunately dude, your experience with the PS2 doesn't equate to the rest of the world, although not as bad as the RROD, the DRE on PS2 was a really big problem, and in it's first year the Ps1 was far more unreliable than the 360 was,that's just the way it goes, being a gamer means that sometimes you have to put up with shoddy gear to play the games you want, i have been gaming for 24 years and i have had shed loads of systems fail on me, you can either buy a new one or quit gaming, those are the only real options, because you can't wave a magic wand and make it all go away,eventually everything breaks,including us, that's just the way it is

I understand there was a problem with it from being here, but it was no where near the amount of the 360 rrod. If you look at the numbers 140mil sold and very few with actual problems compared with 35mil and people on 9 out of 10 people on a replacement unit. Those numbers for the 360 are not good at all. I understand electronics break, even the ps3 gets hard drive corruption and ylod... hell my fan siezed in my PC last month from dust build up and it fried my venerable Geforce 8800gts to a crisp so much that it would only work for 10 minutes and with artefacts galore. Then My PSU broke the week after and then i started having some health problems at age 31... so I understand where you are coming from , but I don't like how people claim the ps2 was worse when it surely wasn't or it would have been more brought to life then the 360. Hell there was books written about ms and the history of rrod, they knew it was an issue before they shipped the console..
LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

jimkabrhel

So the theory goes.

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

PS1, PS2, NES, Game Gear, Virtua Boy. I think PS2 is number 1 though.navyguy21

No its not, nice try though. The percentage was a lot smaller. The only reason it might seem it was more common is because the PS2 sold 3 times what the 360 sold therefore there are more consoles out to break. But percentage wise it was not as big.

I am sure xbox 360 and some other console out there have the biggest failure rate. Or had.

Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Midnightshade29

Skittles lay off NWA please..lol They were great back in the day. I am not saying Ps2 dre didn't exist, but just like Eddie-Vedder said its just being overblown. The topic is about the wosrt failure rate of any console. PS2 did have problems if there was a lawsuit but with so many more consoles sold and not nearly as many stories the 360 wins in console failure territory. Whether that is fixed today is still not known and won't be for at least another year.

Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Midnightshade29
[QUOTE="RadecSupreme"]

[QUOTE="navyguy21"]PS1, PS2, NES, Game Gear, Virtua Boy. I think PS2 is number 1 though.navyguy21

No its not, nice try though. The percentage was a lot smaller. The only reason it might seem it was more common is because the PS2 sold 3 times what the 360 sold therefore there are more consoles out to break. But percentage wise it was not as big.

lol, dude, dont come at me with that fanboy crap. Its my experiences, and my opinion. Just because you are a fanboy doesnt make your opinion fact. So dont come at me with that crap

RadecSupreme brings facts with numbers and you call him a fanboy? great logic there.. Is this a sore subject? It's just a console man. Ease up.
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Skittles_McGee
Skittles lay off NWA please.. They were great back in the day. I am not saying Ps2 dre didn't exist, but just like Eddie-Vedder said its just being overblown. The topic is about the wosrt failure rate of any console. PS2 did have problems if there was a lawsuit but with so many more consoles sold and not nearly as many stories the 360 wins in console failure territory. Whether that is fixed today is still not known and won't be for at least another year.Midnightshade29
I understand the PS2's failure rate is not the same as the 360's. But you always say the same thing and seem to think it wasn't that big of an issue. It was. It was one of the worst failure rate incidents in history (read that: one of. Not the worst. One of). If you're going to overplay the RRoD, don't downplay the DRE. Its all irrelevant though. There's already been one console listed with a worse failure rate.
RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 RadecSupreme

[QUOTE="RadecSupreme"]

[QUOTE="navyguy21"]PS1, PS2, NES, Game Gear, Virtua Boy. I think PS2 is number 1 though.navyguy21

lol, dude, dont come at me with that fanboy crap. Its my experiences, and my opinion. Just because you are a fanboy doesnt make your opinion fact. So dont come at me with that crap

What fanboy crap? Its all numbers. There are nearly 145 million PS2s sold. Of course a lot are going to break. Also your opinion doesnt equal the actual failure rate.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 delta3074

[QUOTE="navyguy21"]PS1, PS2, NES, Game Gear, Virtua Boy. I think PS2 is number 1 though.RadecSupreme

does it really matter? i mean really? have you actually ever owned a 360, i have had 3 RROD's, but i will still go back to the 360, gamers do what they have to to play the games they want, if that means putting up with dodgy hardware then that's what they will do, bottom line, the enjoyment i have had from my 360 far outweighs the problems i have had with it, and a lot of my enjoyment has come from PC/360 games.
RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 RadecSupreme

[QUOTE="RadecSupreme"]

[QUOTE="navyguy21"]PS1, PS2, NES, Game Gear, Virtua Boy. I think PS2 is number 1 though.delta3074

does it really matter? i mean really? have you actually ever owned a 360, i have had 3 RROD's, but i will still go back to the 360, gamers do what they have to to play the games they want, if that means putting up with dodgy hardware then that's what they will do, bottom line, the enjoyment i have had from my 360 far outweighs the problems i have had with it, and a lot of my enjoyment has come from PC/360 games.

I am not here to argue your enjoyment. I have no doubt the xbox 360 is a fun and great console. I am just discussing the failure rate.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 delta3074
[QUOTE="Midnightshade29"]Skittles lay off NWA please.. They were great back in the day. I am not saying Ps2 dre didn't exist, but just like Eddie-Vedder said its just being overblown. The topic is about the wosrt failure rate of any console. PS2 did have problems if there was a lawsuit but with so many more consoles sold and not nearly as many stories the 360 wins in console failure territory. Whether that is fixed today is still not known and won't be for at least another year.Skittles_McGee
I understand the PS2's failure rate is not the same as the 360's. But you always say the same thing and seem to think it wasn't that big of an issue. It was. It was one of the worst failure rate incidents in history (read that: one of. Not the worst. One of). If you're going to overplay the RRoD, don't downplay the DRE. Its all irrelevant though. There's already been one console listed with a worse failure rate.

you keep saying that dude, don't keep me in suspense anymore, which consokle do you think had the worst failure rate?