Was there ever a console with a higher failure rate and more technical issues

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#51 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

[QUOTE="Midnightshade29"][QUOTE="navyguy21"] lol, dude, dont come at me with that fanboy crap. Its my experiences, and my opinion. Just because you are a fanboy doesnt make your opinion fact. So dont come at me with that crapnavyguy21

RadecSupreme brings facts with numbers and you call him a fanboy? great logic there.. Is this a sore subject? It's just a console man. Ease up.

he is a known fanboy, just like you are a known PS3 fanboy. And because you two hate 360 makes your opinion on the matter moot. However, IN MY EXPERIENCE, i have had more trouble with PS2s than i have 360s, ive SEEN more PS2s fail than 360s. So like i said, dont come at me trying to force your own fanboy agendas on me.

I am not a known fanboy because I enjoy all consoles despite that I only own 2 systems. I dont hate the 360 at all. This is strictly failure rate.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="Midnightshade29"]Skittles lay off NWA please.. They were great back in the day. I am not saying Ps2 dre didn't exist, but just like Eddie-Vedder said its just being overblown. The topic is about the wosrt failure rate of any console. PS2 did have problems if there was a lawsuit but with so many more consoles sold and not nearly as many stories the 360 wins in console failure territory. Whether that is fixed today is still not known and won't be for at least another year.delta3074
I understand the PS2's failure rate is not the same as the 360's. But you always say the same thing and seem to think it wasn't that big of an issue. It was. It was one of the worst failure rate incidents in history (read that: one of. Not the worst. One of). If you're going to overplay the RRoD, don't downplay the DRE. Its all irrelevant though. There's already been one console listed with a worse failure rate.

you keep saying that dude, don't keep me in suspense anymore, which consokle do you think had the worst failure rate?

It was in one of the first posts, the Coleco Adam with a 50% failure rate. And the Sega CD, technically speaking. Not a standalone console, but it did have its own games and all. Both were as bad or worse than the 360.
slimepunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 slimepunch
Member since 2009 • 1193 Posts

Although I loved it, Dreamcast wasnt very reliable. Might just be me but I went through 3 , all died from laser issues. Shoddy parts most likely.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="RadecSupreme"]No its not, nice try though. The percentage was a lot smaller. The only reason it might seem it was more common is because the PS2 sold 3 times what the 360 sold therefore there are more consoles out to break. But percentage wise it was not as big.Midnightshade29
lol, dude, dont come at me with that fanboy crap. Its my experiences, and my opinion. Just because you are a fanboy doesnt make your opinion fact. So dont come at me with that crap

RadecSupreme brings facts with numbers and you call him a fanboy? great logic there.. Is this a sore subject? It's just a console man. Ease up.

Et the time the PS2 dre was an issue there wasn't '3 times' as many consoles as the 360,it was in the first 2 years of the PS2's existent, there where about the same amount of PS2's then as there are 360's now, it may not be as big a problem as the 360, but it was a problem, that's why SONY got sued over it and found liable, tell me, if it wasn't that big an issue, why did it make it to court, and why where SONY found liable
Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#55 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

[QUOTE="RadecSupreme"]

[QUOTE="navyguy21"]PS1, PS2, NES, Game Gear, Virtua Boy. I think PS2 is number 1 though.delta3074

No its not, nice try though. The percentage was a lot smaller. The only reason it might seem it was more common is because the PS2 sold 3 times what the 360 sold therefore there are more consoles out to break. But percentage wise it was not as big.

does it really matter? i mean really? have you actually ever owned a 360, i have had 3 RROD's, but i will still go back to the 360, gamers do what they have to to play the games they want, if that means putting up with dodgy hardware then that's what they will do, bottom line, the enjoyment i have had from my 360 far outweighs the problems i have had with it, and a lot of my enjoyment has come from PC/360 games.

thats all fine and good that you are enjoying it as that is what we were meant to do with these electronics...enjoy them. But it still doesn't hide the fact that you like so many others are on your 3rd 360... MS launched knowing they had crap hardware. So the 360 had the biggest fail rate, that's all i am talking about, strictly about the reliability. And if you enjoy it more power to you. Its' all about having fun anyway. I just don't like when ps2 is said to be a worse problem when it wasn't.

In fact I praise ms on thier first xbox. It was built like a tank and had the most powerful hardware with mandatory hard drives in every system a kickarse pentium 3 cpu and the first GPU with shader support. I didn't own one no, but I was only into pc games back then .. If only they built the 360 like the original xbox there wouldn't be rrod.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 delta3074
[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]I understand the PS2's failure rate is not the same as the 360's. But you always say the same thing and seem to think it wasn't that big of an issue. It was. It was one of the worst failure rate incidents in history (read that: one of. Not the worst. One of). If you're going to overplay the RRoD, don't downplay the DRE. Its all irrelevant though. There's already been one console listed with a worse failure rate.

you keep saying that dude, don't keep me in suspense anymore, which consokle do you think had the worst failure rate?

It was in one of the first posts, the Coleco Adam with a 50% failure rate. And the Sega CD, technically speaking. Not a standalone console, but it did have its own games and all. Both were as bad or worse than the 360.

never got to grips with the coleco, was it really that bad, i thought the spectrum 48k was the worst hardware, but back in those days my dad could actually fix them, he showed me how to replace the chips in the C64, these days though theres just too many transistors and they don't use the convenient little plastic slots for your chips anymore
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Skittles_McGee
[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="delta3074"]you keep saying that dude, don't keep me in suspense anymore, which consokle do you think had the worst failure rate?delta3074

never got to grips with the coleco, was it really that bad, i thought the spectrum 48k was the worst hardware, but back in those days my dad could actually fix them, he showed me how to replace the chips in the C64, these days though theres just too many transistors and they don't use the convenient little plastic slots for your chips anymore

Yeah. The Coleco Adam had a 50% chance to fail. An actual 50% chance not "internet poll" chance.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50672 Posts

I remember at launch the PS2 had pretty bad failure rates, but like Microsoft at the end they got their act together.

Vesica_Prime
That still wasn't as bad as the 360. But like has been said in this thread, 360 newer versions seem solid so far.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17460 Posts
I think alot of people here are young, and the vast majority here are cows, so 360 will win regardless. Ive been gaming since i was 4 years old (im about 28 now) and while the 360 is bad NOW, it isnt the WORST faulty hardware. It has to be between the PS2, and the PS1. Both console had alot of issues, and the PS1 actually had alot of consoles die, while alot of PS2s simply had DREs. Maybe alot of you are too young, or too fanboyish to remember, but it still doesnt mean that it didnt happen. If the issues with PS2 werent as bad as 360s, then Sony wouldntve been sued multiple times. History doesnt lie, no matter how many cows try to cover it up. These topics should be locked on sight because its just flamebait waiting to happen. Cows will never concede just like lemmings with never concede in areas.
Fumpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Fumpa
Member since 2003 • 3307 Posts

than the 360?

agesyrh
i highly doubt it. i'm sure it'll go down in history as the best selling faulty console every produced.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 delta3074

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="RadecSupreme"]

No its not, nice try though. The percentage was a lot smaller. The only reason it might seem it was more common is because the PS2 sold 3 times what the 360 sold therefore there are more consoles out to break. But percentage wise it was not as big.

Midnightshade29

does it really matter? i mean really? have you actually ever owned a 360, i have had 3 RROD's, but i will still go back to the 360, gamers do what they have to to play the games they want, if that means putting up with dodgy hardware then that's what they will do, bottom line, the enjoyment i have had from my 360 far outweighs the problems i have had with it, and a lot of my enjoyment has come from PC/360 games.

thats all fine and good that you are enjoying it as that is what we were meant to do with these electronics...enjoy them. But it still doesn't hide the fact that you like so many others are on your 3rd 360... MS launched knowing they had crap hardware. So the 360 had the biggest fail rate, that's all i am talking about, strictly about the reliability. And if you enjoy it more power to you. Its' all about having fun anyway. I just don't like when ps2 is said to be a worse problem when it wasn't.

In fact I praise ms on thier first xbox. It was built like a tank and had the most powerful hardware with mandatory hard drives in every system a kickarse pentium 3 cpu and the first GPU with shader support. I didn't own one no, but I was only into pc games back then .. If only they built the 360 like the original xbox there wouldn't be rrod.

sounds to me like you should go back to PC gaming, and i am not being derogatory or saying it in a bad way,it seems that's whre you would be happiest, and i agree with you, the xbxo was kick ass, and the 360 should be more reliable than it is, but you do know in the last year the failure rate has dropped below 5%, it's good, but it took them too long to get to that point, apparently it was all to do with the substrate layer between the GPU and the motherboard, it wasn't rated high enough and cracked under high heat, the have used a different substrate material with the jasper
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 delta3074
[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"] It was in one of the first posts, the Coleco Adam with a 50% failure rate. And the Sega CD, technically speaking. Not a standalone console, but it did have its own games and all. Both were as bad or worse than the 360.

Yeah. The Coleco Adam had a 50% chance to fail. An actual 50% chance not "internet poll" chance.

seems to me you have been through the wars with hardware as well,lol
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Skittles_McGee
[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="delta3074"]never got to grips with the coleco, was it really that bad, i thought the spectrum 48k was the worst hardware, but back in those days my dad could actually fix them, he showed me how to replace the chips in the C64, these days though theres just too many transistors and they don't use the convenient little plastic slots for your chips anymoredelta3074

seems to me you have been through the wars with hardware as well,lol

Yeah.. I've been gaming for longer than I'd like to count and before that, my dad was also very much into gaming. Hell, I've actually physically played an MSX2. Thats not something many people can say :P So yes I've seen a lot of games and a lot of systems over the years. Some of them breaking, some of them not. Funny that the one that most annoys me is the R button on my SNES controller doesn't work now. Playing Super Metroid on that is irritating :P Though I'm sure I could easily buy a new controller online, its just nicer to use the same controller I held as a kid. Sometimes a little nostalgia is nice :P
Avatar image for EndorphinMaster
EndorphinMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 EndorphinMaster
Member since 2009 • 2118 Posts

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

The new 360 hardware doesn't fail nearly as much. This is a tired topic.

agesyrh

I mean the old hardware, launch hardware.

The PS2 comes to mind.

DropTarget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 DropTarget
Member since 2009 • 375 Posts

I have only ever had 4 consoles actually die on me. I went through 3 PS2's all with the same disc read error paying for each repair before I gave up and got a GameCube... big mistake. I also had a PS3 die on me and create a repair bill of $180. My launch 360 is still working fine. Only 1 of my friends has gotten the RRoD, but that was when his little brother knocked over his 360 while it was vertical. I have been gaming since the NES days, and for me, the worst console as far as hardware goes has to be the PS2.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#66 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Out of all the consoles I owned in my life, my 360 died the most, with 2 RRODs(my 1st RROD was 1 month later, my 2nd was in 8 months later). My PS2(had serious DRE issuses), Sega Dreamcast(broke within 3 months) and Wii(blame my brother) broke as well, but my Gamecube, Xbox, N64, SNES, NES, Sega Genesis, etc. never broken on me.

moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts
PS2 was fairly bad but not as bad (I don't know 60%-ish of 360 launch difficulites) and was fixed by this time.
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

jimkabrhel

LOL, and that's a tired excuse. Everytime a new chip is released "All the problems are fixed".. You keep saying it and the darn things keep breaking. Go figure.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#69 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

Almost all systems I've had have had some form of technical issues or other.

My 360 has got the red rings twice. My PSP's analog stick jammed and had to be returned. My Nintendo DS's screen hinges shattered more than once and had to be fixed. My PS2 got many DREs. My GBA SP wouldn't function properly when playing certain games.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#70 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

Shewgenja

LOL, and that's a tired excuse. Everytime a new chip is released "All the problems are fixed".. You keep saying it and the darn things keep breaking. Go figure.

He never stated that.

He merely said "doesn't fail nearly as much"

And most chips seem to be pretty solid. Yes, they're not 100% fail-proof, but they still are an improvement.

deathtarget04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#71 deathtarget04
Member since 2009 • 2266 Posts

Yes, though the 360 is up there.

Someone already posted about that computer that failed over 50% of the time...

I've got the RROD 3 times, my PS2 after all this time never had any problems. And i treated that thing badly lol.

The only other problems i had were the games itself. And yes, i always blew on may games. lol the age old myth.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

[QUOTE="farrell2k"]

The NES and it's shoddy 72 pin connector for reading games. Blinking lights and unreadable game started just months after first use, which of course led to the world-wide myth that blowing in games would make them work, a myth that is still believed by many today.

VendettaRed07

Using a game genie or pushing in on the edges and shaking it when its in the slot fixes it everytime.

idk blowing always worked for me ;)
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

Shewgenja

reading comprehension to conclusion level: 1.

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts
[QUOTE="farrell2k"]

The NES and it's shoddy 72 pin connector for reading games. Blinking lights and unreadable game started just months after first use, which of course led to the world-wide myth that blowing in games would make them work, a myth that is still believed by many today.

yeah. nes was the worst. i used to double stack my games into it to get mine to work. put the one i wanted to play then put another one on top of that to hold it down.
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#75 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I remember when the PS2 first came out. The first series had a really high failure rate. Between regular hardware faults, and DRE there was a bunch of them broken. I remember helping a friend of mine who was an EB games manager box up tons of those things to be sent back to Sony. I worked 4 different weekends just to help them catch up. The whole back room was filled with returned consoles. He told me that system wide they had over a 90% return on that first series of PS2s.

It didn't help that right out of the box a lot of the PS2 wouldn't read certain color discs (dark blue I think). Also Sony's lousy 30 day warranty didn't help matters either since if you hit 31 days after purchase you were paying Sony to repair your PS2. Probably the main cause of the Class Action suit.

Of course future versions were better so I'm sure the overall PS2 reliability level was in the 10% range but those first ones were serious junk. Of course the Phats had DRE issues until the end so it might have been higher than 10% over all. But since Sony never counted the DRE failures as hard failures I guess they never occurred. :D

AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 AdmiralBison
Member since 2008 • 3970 Posts

[QUOTE="farrell2k"]

VendettaRed07

Using a game genie or pushing in on the edges and shaking it when its in the slot fixes it everytime.

or blow the cartride.

The PS the lense was weak and you had to out the console in an angle sometimes so it can read the disks

The PS2 had huge hardware problems before and I think there was a statemen from a Capcom exec who said that Sony purposely had defective consoles so people would keep buying them.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
ps2 was not nearly as bad
rjxtian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#78 rjxtian
Member since 2005 • 2638 Posts

jimkabrhel

It is not tired for me. I was a huge Halo 1 and 2 fan. I waited month after month, year after year for MS to fix the 360. I wanted to play Halo 3 so much. I got tired of waiting, and bought a PS3, which I enjoy greatly.

The present 360 may have better reliaibility than the old one now; but to me it doesn't matter, IF that is true. I will never buy a game console from Microsoft. Ever.

drakecool1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 drakecool1
Member since 2009 • 1145 Posts

Yes there definately was, I cant quite remember the name of it, but it was like the coleco adam, or one of those random gaming computers in like 1985, more than 50% didn't operate at all.

VendettaRed07

360 surpassed that with it's 54% failure rate

EndorphinMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 EndorphinMaster

ps2 was not nearly as badstereointegrity

It was just as bad. Worse actually, because mine broke twice, and Sony charged quite a bit for both of the reparations. Oh well, I expected that from Sony.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

before any cow states the ps2 had no issues

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/guides/2003/11/ps2-repair-guide.ars

readingfc_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 readingfc_1
Member since 2004 • 2548 Posts

The 360 is quite obviously pretty bad and this cannot be disputed. The Ps2 was awful as well with it's disc read errors. Don't know which one was worse but both caused me problems in the past.

EndorphinMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 EndorphinMaster

lawlessx

Too late. Cows have already been pretending that the problem had never existed.

agesyrh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 agesyrh
Member since 2010 • 164 Posts

lawlessx
Cows have only been saying lemmings blow it out of proportion.
EndorphinMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 EndorphinMaster

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

agesyrh

Cows have only been saying lemmings blow it out of proportion.

How ironic. :lol:

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

Yes there definately was, I cant quite remember the name of it, but it was like the coleco adam, or one of those random gaming computers in like 1985, more than 50% didn't operate at all.

drakecool1

360 surpassed that with it's 54% failure rate

Even if that was true, which there is no real proof that it is. They didn't replace it any time in the next 3 years. You were pretty much screwed if it didn't work.

Avatar image for guitarsrock4eva
guitarsrock4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 guitarsrock4eva
Member since 2008 • 373 Posts

PS2 was pretty bad from what I remember. I still firmly believe if you treat your consoles properly, they'll work just fine. My launch 360 still works, and so does my 30 year old intellivision.

Renegade_Fury
Exactly. At least my 360 doesn't jut stop playing my games one day like my PS2 did (blue back discs)
thirdykal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 thirdykal
Member since 2009 • 302 Posts

My 3 year PC gaming episode was terrible. Graphics card fried, got a new one that would always come loose, meaning the screen would stay black. Then sometimes the computer would refuse to start. Hard drive crashes, missing dlls. So I switched to Xbox 360, where I've only had one RROD because I bought a launch model because it was really cheap.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 delta3074

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

Shewgenja

"Fortunately, SquareTrade found that Xbox 360 quality has improved dramatically since the third quarter of 2008, shortly before the 65nm CPU/GPU "Jasper" model was introduced. Since then, first-year failure rates have plummeted to below the 4 percent the company projected. Looking at 500 units purchased in 2009, SquareTrade found that less than 1 percent had suffered the Red Ring of Death. "-last paragraph http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6216691.html http://uk.gamespot.com/images/6216691/xbox-360-failure-rate-237-ps3-10-wii-27-study/1/?path=2009%2F244%2Fsquaretrade_2_07676_screen.jpg&caption=Since%2BQ3%2B2008%252C%2Bfirst-year%2B360%2Bfailure%2Brates%2Bhave%2Bplummeted.&blog=1&cvr=MmC%2F
Doctor-McNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Doctor-McNinja
Member since 2009 • 1515 Posts
Having owned almost every console ever made, i cant think of any that come close to the early years of the 360.djsifer01
Then you haven't owned even NEARLY every console ever made. :|
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Even if its not the worst, the 360 will go down in gaming history next to its widely pronounced issues
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#92 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

Atari 5200 says hello. Sometimes your controller would be broken straight out of the box, and if not, it was bound to break after a few hours of play

Disturbed123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Disturbed123
Member since 2005 • 1665 Posts

lawlessx

Thing is, that could be repaired (lens cleaner, diod clicking). 360 RROD makes your ENTIRE console obsolete. Yes they are fixes for it such as hot towel trick and the removal or the X clamps and using new thermal paste but all are temporary fixes. You would have no choice but to send it bk to MS and still have no guarantee that RROD has gone for permenant. Only the first year Ps2s were shoddy with laser due to Sanyo laser partnership, the official Sony lasers that were released for the new limited edition and slimline ps2s are much better and are not prone to DRE.

furomaster_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 furomaster_99
Member since 2009 • 737 Posts

[QUOTE="RadecSupreme"]

[QUOTE="navyguy21"]PS1, PS2, NES, Game Gear, Virtua Boy. I think PS2 is number 1 though.delta3074

Huh? So you are saying "MS you can sell terrible hardware and I will buy it anyway". Well, that's just perfect! :shock:

sora16perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 sora16perfect
Member since 2007 • 730 Posts
[QUOTE="EndorphinMaster"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

Too late. Cows have already been pretending that the problem had never existed.

wtf are you talking about,all they said was that its failure rate wasn't as bad as the xbox 360
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 delta3074

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="RadecSupreme"]

furomaster_99

Huh? So you are saying "MS you can sell terrible hardware and I will buy it anyway". Well, that's just perfect! :shock:

but it's not terrible now, check my above post, according to square trade the failure rate has dropped dramatically in the last year to belo 5 % "Fortunately, SquareTrade found that Xbox 360 quality has improved dramatically since the third quarter of 2008, shortly before the 65nm CPU/GPU "Jasper" model was introduced. Since then, first-year failure rates have plummeted to below the 4 percent the company projected. Looking at 500 units purchased in 2009, SquareTrade found that less than 1 percent had suffered the Red Ring of Death. " again,last paragraph http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6216691.html why would i buy a console if i have no interest in the games it offers? i am getting a PS3 for killzone 2, what was i supposed to do till then? give up gaming, yeah right ,in your dreams, i could say the same thing about the PS2 DRE, and at least MS pony'd up with the 3 year warranty, SONY got sued and STILL denied liability, even after they where found liable, don't act like the 360 is the only unreliable console in history,that's just plain naive
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#97 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
Let's see. My PS2 slim model failed, and my 2006 360 also failed, so based on my experience, the 360 and PS2 are equally as bad.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts
[QUOTE="furomaster_99"]

[QUOTE="delta3074"]does it really matter? i mean really? have you actually ever owned a 360, i have had 3 RROD's, but i will still go back to the 360, gamers do what they have to to play the games they want, if that means putting up with dodgy hardware then that's what they will do, bottom line, the enjoyment i have had from my 360 far outweighs the problems i have had with it, and a lot of my enjoyment has come from PC/360 games.delta3074

but it's not terrible now, check my above post, according to square trade the failure rate has dropped dramatically in the last year to belo 5 % "Fortunately, SquareTrade found that Xbox 360 quality has improved dramatically since the third quarter of 2008, shortly before the 65nm CPU/GPU "Jasper" model was introduced. Since then, first-year failure rates have plummeted to below the 4 percent the company projected. Looking at 500 units purchased in 2009, SquareTrade found that less than 1 percent had suffered the Red Ring of Death. " again,last paragraph http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6216691.html why would i buy a console if i have no interest in the games it offers? i am getting a PS3 for killzone 2, what was i supposed to do till then? give up gaming, yeah right ,in your dreams, i could say the same thing about the PS2 DRE, and at least MS pony'd up with the 3 year warranty, SONY got sued and STILL denied liability, even after they where found liable, don't act like the 360 is the only unreliable console in history,that's just plain naive

How can they know it dropped that low? How have they even had time to truly analise the failure rate? And do you just ignore all the consoles already out on the market? They don't count anymore because the new models are better? What about the fact that MS doesn't replace your console with the new chipsets but gives you the old ones, creating a cycle of RROD prone consoles. Not to mention all the other E7something errors that are probably not even counted in these stats...
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 delta3074
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="furomaster_99"]Huh? So you are saying "MS you can sell terrible hardware and I will buy it anyway". Well, that's just perfect! :shock:Eddie-Vedder

How can they know it dropped that low? How have they even had time to truly analise the failure rate? And do you just ignore all the consoles already out on the market? They don't count anymore because the new models are better? What about the fact that MS doesn't replace your console with the new chipsets but gives you the old ones, creating a cycle of RROD prone consoles. Not to mention all the other E7something errors that are probably not even counted in these stats...

it's better evidence than you are producing to the contrary, and funny, but i got a brand new jasper back from MS the last time my 360 RROD, also E74 is covered under the 3 yar warranty, and i have never had one of those, never had a DRE either, the RROD is the only problem i have had with the 360
furomaster_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 furomaster_99
Member since 2009 • 737 Posts

[QUOTE="furomaster_99"]

[QUOTE="delta3074"]does it really matter? i mean really? have you actually ever owned a 360, i have had 3 RROD's, but i will still go back to the 360, gamers do what they have to to play the games they want, if that means putting up with dodgy hardware then that's what they will do, bottom line, the enjoyment i have had from my 360 far outweighs the problems i have had with it, and a lot of my enjoyment has come from PC/360 games.delta3074

As with lemmings statements on the 54% failure rate...."It's not a fair representation of all the xbox360s / small sample size". MS was forced into the 3 year warranty; That or recall all systems. They didn't "pony up" to anything without the legal system being involved.