Was god of war the final strike for the hardcore xbox fans?

• 150 results
ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@kali-b1rd: so you're going to ignkre me from now on? Man Im so glad you're not going to answer me anymore, like it's what I've been trying to do since day one?

Good, shows you finally got the message through your thick skull.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#52 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Why would get rid of my xbox one when Forza Horizon 4 is coming?

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53  Edited By Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p: gotta love Forza!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Nah, I still prefer the Xbox systems myself. The 360 was my main system last gen and the Xbox One is my main system this gen. I still love most all of the games that Microsoft publish and I prefer to get all my multi platform games on the system.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

There are few more big exclusives coming.

• Spiderman
  • The Last of Us 2
  • Death Stranding
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • Days Gone

And then there is this too: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/05/sony_improving_and_increasing_first-party_production

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@commander: "everyone knows that for multiplayer you're better off with the xbox."

I don't think that argument holds up anymore. Not since about 2012 or so. The Playstation brand is every bit as good as Xbox with online multiplayer. I know I've had no issues. Not sure what would make Xbox superior.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

@i_p_daily: Yeah that could be a good idea... But Twitter will be the biggest leak-fest.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ReCloud
@Telekill said:

@commander: "everyone knows that for multiplayer you're better off with the xbox."

I don't think that argument holds up anymore. Not since about 2012 or so. The Playstation brand is every bit as good as Xbox with online multiplayer. I know I've had no issues. Not sure what would make Xbox superior.

I never did either, whenever I want to play Overwatch, I do it and never have a single problem with it.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@Telekill said:

You sure about that?

Link

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: Yes, I am.

You link to a two year old article that states PS4 has an advantage in matchmaking and where aspects such as Microsoft having better voice chat is subjective.

The article then goes on to say that even Microsoft jumped on the news of supposedly faster network speeds and more stable connections by implementing those findings into their marketing while trying to "pile on" Sony during what appeared to be a lackluster hardware reveal for the Pro in anticipation of the Scorpio beast.

Yes... I'm still sure I don't have connectivity issues on my launch PS4. Also, considering I'm in chat with friends often while playing, I can assure you that the quality is good.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts
@Telekill said:

@hrt_rulz01: Yes, I am.

You link to a two year old article that states PS4 has an advantage in matchmaking and where aspects such as Microsoft having better voice chat is subjective.

The article then goes on to say that even Microsoft jumped on the news of supposedly faster network speeds and more stable connections by implementing those findings into their marketing while trying to "pile on" Sony during what appeared to be a lackluster hardware reveal for the Pro in anticipation of the Scorpio beast.

Yes... I'm still sure I don't have connectivity issues on my launch PS4. Also, considering I'm in chat with friends often while playing, I can assure you that the quality is good.

The whole idea that XBL is better than PSN when it comes to online is a myth made up by lems to make themselves feel better about choosing the wrong console this gen.

PSN and XBL are on par with each other this gen with PSN having the advantage of not locking free services and games behind a paywall.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#62 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Telekill said:

You sure about that?

Link

lol

• Source: Xbox.com
QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts
@Ant_17 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Telekill said:

You sure about that?

Link

lol

• Source: Xbox.com

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@quadknight: The source is actually IHS Markit, an independent company. That took all of two clicks from the article.

kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

Yes, all Xbox fanboys have no converted to the PC master race. AND SOON THE ENTIRE WORLD WILL BE OURS!!!!

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ReCloud

Lems are getting rekt even in connectivity lol

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Ant_17

@lundy86_4 said:

@quadknight: The source is actually IHS Markit, an independent company. That took all of two clicks from the article.

Even so, can you find an article on playstation.com bad mouthing the xbox?

And independent company means that someone can hire them to do this test, someone like MS.

I'm glad to see xbox fueling fanboy wars, cause their lems sure aren't.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 lundy86_4

@Ant_17 said:

And independent company means that someone can hire them to do this test, someone like MS.

So, you'd like to imply that MS potentially hired this company, in order to release a white paper undermining their competition? Go ahead and Google what a white paper is, and then just realize that your post was just utter bollocks.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Ant_17

@lundy86_4 said:
@Ant_17 said:

So, you'd like to imply that MS potentially hired this company, in order to release a white paper undermining their competition? Go ahead and Google what a white paper is, and then just realize that your post was just utter bollocks.

Maybe they didn't hire them. But they did post it on their site.

Have you seen Sony do this? Or even Nintendo?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By lundy86_4

@Ant_17 said:

Whether or not the competition has done it is irrelevant to the point. It's a third-party study, and it's beneficial to MS. I'd hardly call it bad taste for a company to post beneficial studies regarding their infrastructure. If that's your go-to thinking, then I guess that's cool... Weird, but cool.

Hell, if you can show that MS funded/asked for the study, and injected a bias... We might have more of a talking point.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Ant_17

@lundy86_4 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Whether or not the competition has done it is irrelevant to the point. It's a third-party study, and it's beneficial to MS. I'd hardly call it bad taste for a company to post beneficial studies regarding their infrastructure. If that's your go-to thinking, then I guess that's cool... Weird, but cool.

Hell, if you can show that MS funded/asked for the study, and injected a bias... We might have more of a talking point.

I don't know dude, seems kind of funded, with this entire ad campaign.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/better-network

Also interesting.

Xbox Live Gold required for online multiplayer (sold separately).

Independent IHS Markit study, June/July 2017. Tested on Xbox One v. PlayStation 4 on top 5 selling games with matchmaking; results may vary, not an endorsement.

So it means that PS4 could be better.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 lundy86_4

@Ant_17 said:

I don't know dude, seems kind of funded, with this entire ad campaign.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/better-network

Also interesting.

Xbox Live Gold required for online multiplayer (sold separately).

Independent IHS Markit study, June/July 2017. Tested on Xbox One v. PlayStation 4 on top 5 selling games with matchmaking; results may vary, not an endorsement.

So it means that PS4 could be better.

Or... Or... They could be taking advantage of a beneficial study. You're making a serious stretch with something that isn't even circumstantial.

Of course results can vary, as network dependance still relies on the end-user. Shitty area infrastructure could impact one network over the other.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

It's like some of you people think that every gamer in the world cares about movie-games. Newsflash: not everybody wants to watch movie-games and for the people that don't care about watching movie-games, the Xbox One is probably the better console for those people given it's many advantages such as having the most powerful console, the best online service, the best controller, better mod policy, backwards compatibility, etc.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Ant_17

@lundy86_4 said:

Or... Or... They could be taking advantage of a beneficial study. You're making a serious stretch with something that isn't even circumstantial.

Of course results can vary, as network dependance still relies on the end-user. Shitty area infrastructure could impact one network over the other.

So hurtz linked a pointless thing. Seems the entire study was pointless since the results would vary.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ReCloud
@storm_of_swords said:

It's like some of you people think that every gamer in the world cares about movie-games. Newsflash: not everybody wants to watch movie-games and for the people that don't care about watching movie-games, the Xbox One is probably the better console for those people given it's many advantages such as having the most powerful console, the best online service, the best controller, better mod policy, backwards compatibility, etc.

False.

PS4 offers more games of all genres, story driven or not, AAA or indie. All relevant multiplats and indies are on PS4 and X1 is missing a lot of them.

Nobody is buying the X1X, next.

Online service? Yeah, it used to be that way, but PSN shits all over XBL nowadays and PS PLUS monthly giveaways destroys XBL's.

Better controller? lol @ AA batteries.

If everything you said was true, the gap wouldn't be as large as 50 million sales.

It's time to come to the real world, lem, and learn X1 has nothing to offer besides utter disappointment.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 lundy86_4

@Ant_17 said:

So hurtz linked a pointless thing. Seems the entire study was pointless since the results would vary.

That's a leap. You can read the document if you prefer. It literally touches on that point in the first few paragraphs. They utilize two testing methods, controlled lab and real-world studies.

Results can vary with any scientific study... I mean, that's a large reason why there are sample sizes. Holy shit.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Ant_17

@lundy86_4 said:
@Ant_17 said:

That's a leap. You can read the document if you prefer. It literally touches on that point in the first few paragraphs. They utilize two testing methods, controlled lab and real-world studies.

Results can vary with any scientific study... I mean, that's a large reason why there are sample sizes. Holy shit.

Sorry, but i can't take anything serious here, since it is on the winners site.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Ant_17

@storm_of_swords said:

Well, not everybody cares about the Bone.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 lundy86_4

@Ant_17 said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Holy shit, dude...

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Ant_17

@lundy86_4 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Holy shit, dude...

Shit holy all you want, i can't trust Xbox with anything they say.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ReCloud
@Ant_17 said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Holy shit, dude...

I wouldn't either after Phil Spencer's "SP games are irrelevant" fiasco.

You're right, dude, M$ is not trustworthy.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By lundy86_4

@Ant_17 said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Holy shit, dude...

You don't have to. You didn't prove a link between MS and IHS. This is getting fucking stupid. Later.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Ant_17

@lundy86_4 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Holy shit, dude...

You don't have to. You didn't prove a link between MS and IHS. This is getting fucking stupid. Later.

You also didn't prove they didn't buy this.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By lundy86_4

@Ant_17 said:

You also did prove they didn't buy this.

Burden of proof isn't on me... Jesus, you need to actually educate yourself on some things. I suggest "Debate 101," as well as "Any class on any scientific method ever."

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Ant_17

@lundy86_4 said:
@Ant_17 said:

You also did prove they didn't buy this.

Burden of proof isn't on me... Jesus, you need to actually educate yourself on some things.

My proof is it being on their site.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By lundy86_4

@Ant_17 said:

You need to educate yourself on the definition of proof. You have to be fucking around at this point.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Ant_17

@lundy86_4 said:
@Ant_17 said:

You need to educate yourself on the definition of proof. You have to be fucking around at this point.

insult me all you want, i have more proof for my theory. Even Polygon just says Xbox.com as source.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 lundy86_4

@Ant_17 said:

insult me all you want, i have more proof for my theory. Even Polygon just says Xbox.com as source.

That tends to happen when you source a website. Provide evidence that MS funded, or requested this study. Then, you actually have to prove that a bias was injected into that study, and that their methodology favoured MS over Sony. That would absolutely prove your point.

If you aren't trolling at this point, then i'm at a loss for words. If you are...

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Ant_17

@lundy86_4 said:

That tends to happen when you source a website. Provide evidence that MS funded, or requested this study. Then, you actually have to prove that a bias was injected into that study, and that their methodology favoured MS over Sony. That would absolutely prove your point.

If you aren't trolling at this point, then i'm at a loss for words. If you are...

Why should i provide more evidence when you haven't shown 1?

But ok.

https://technology.ihs.com/Search?q=xbox+one+x&so=MostRelevant

https://technology.ihs.com/Search?q=playstation+4+PRO&so=MostRelevant

Seems they favor the Xbox.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

@recloud: Saying a dumb statement like "PSN shits all over XBL" instantly makes you lose all credibility. Just because Sony finally copied party chat from Xbox Live doesn't mean that they are now on par with Xbox Live, let alone shitting all over it.

Though this ALT account of yours hasn't had any credibility left anyway so I guess it doesn't matter and I got to remember not to waste too much time on you since I already know your deal. You are really overdue to switch to a new ALT account. Even other Playstation fans don't support this ALT account of yours since you have made such an embarrassment with it that they don't want to hurt their own credibility by supporting you.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By lundy86_4

@Ant_17 said:

Why should i provide more evidence when you haven't shown 1?

But ok.

https://technology.ihs.com/Search?q=xbox+one+x&so=MostRelevant

https://technology.ihs.com/Search?q=playstation+4+PRO&so=MostRelevant

Seems they favor the Xbox.

Again, burden of proof requires nothing from me, as it falls on you. Where the shit did you learn to debate? Again, you would have to prove that they requested the study, and that the methodology favoured MS. Hence, there would be a bias in the study, and it would be immediately discredited. This is the most basic way the scientific method can be broken down. If you can disprove any of that with regards to the study, then you would have a leg to stand on.

You're posting irrelevant information. Honestly dude, I get you wanted to box for Sony on this one, but if you can't hold a simple debate, then you need to rethink your priorities.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Ant_17

@lundy86_4 said:

Again, burden of proof requires nothing from me, as it falls on you. Where the shit did you learn to debate? Again, you would have to prove that they requested the study, and that the methodology favoured MS. Hence, there would be a bias in the study, and it would be immediately discredited.

You're posting irrelevant information. Honestly dude, I get you wanted to box for Sony on this one, but if you can't hold a simple debate, then you need to rethink your priorities.

How is it irelevent?

E3 2017: Microsoft Delivers Convincing Reasons to Buy into Xbox One Platfor

This isn't proof that they favor the Bone? Who the hell was happy with last years E3?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@lundy86_4 said:

Yeah, but that would be a fact. Cows don't like facts... as we see above.

An independent company determined that XBL is better (and has been since the beginning pretty much), yet they still can't accept it. LOL!

@storm_of_swords said:

@recloud: Saying a dumb statement like "PSN shits all over XBL" instantly makes you lose all credibility. Just because Sony finally copied party chat from Xbox Live doesn't mean that they are now on par with Xbox Live, let alone shitting all over it.

Though this ALT account of yours hasn't had any credibility left anyway so I guess it doesn't matter and I got to remember not to waste too much time on you since I already know your deal. You are really overdue to switch to a new ALT account. Even other Playstation fans don't support this ALT account of yours since you have made such an embarrassment with it that they don't want to hurt their own credibility by supporting you.

Lmao... spot on. It's probably Quack's alt account. I'm sure he makes alt accounts so he can pretend that he has support when he makes up his bullsh*t.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#95  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@hrt_rulz01:

@Ant_17 said:
@lundy86_4 said:

This was actually posted across various sources an no one ever questioned these findings. It has been obvious since the xbox live and psn came to life, psn has improved significantly , but the gap will always be there. Xbox live is far from perfect either, making a perfect online platform isn't even possible. Not when you want to stay economically viable.

So whoever would be thinking that sony, which is an electronics company would actually be better than a company that is leading when it comes to network security, network operating systems and even operating systems in general is severly mistaken. This has never been brought up anymore because it was like beating a dead horse.

Microsoft even used their server park as a selling point for the xboxone (300000 servers) and they have less users.

But of course, ps4 is certainly good enough as a multiplayer platform and it wasn't even what I was talking about when I referred to xbox as the best multiplayer platform. Xbox emphasizes more on multiplayer games in general. Even all the backwards compatible games supports multiplayer with xbox 360 players.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By lundy86_4

@Ant_17 said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Again, burden of proof requires nothing from me, as it falls on you. Where the shit did you learn to debate? Again, you would have to prove that they requested the study, and that the methodology favoured MS. Hence, there would be a bias in the study, and it would be immediately discredited.

How is it irelevent?

This isn't proof that they favor the Bone? Who the hell was happy with last years E3?

No... You aren't providing a direct link to them favouring Xbox in regards to the study, nor are you showing an actual bias in their methodology. That is barely circumstantial. Dude, i'm not trying to be a dick, but you have no understanding of the scientific method, or how to discredit it. I can't keep this up.

As a hint, this... "showing an actual bias in their methodology." is the most important part. You have to discredit the actual research... That's how fucking science works. Theories actually get stronger with the more tried/failed attempts to discredit them.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Ant_17

@lundy86_4 said:
@Ant_17 said:

How is it irelevent?

No... You aren't providing a direct link to them favouring Xbox in regards to the study, nor are you showing an actual bias in their methodology. That is barely circumstantial. Dude, i'm not trying to be a dick, but you have no understanding of the scientific method, or how to discredit it. I can't keep this up.

Why are you trying to make me discredit my own theory? That is your job.

Show me.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 hrt_rulz01

@commander said:

@hrt_rulz01:

@Ant_17 said:
@lundy86_4 said:

This was actually posted across various sources an one ever questioned these findings. It has been obvious since the xbox live and psn came to life, psn has improved significantly , but the gap will always be there. Xbox live is far from perfect either, making a perfect online platform isn't even possible. Not when you want to stay economically viable.

So whoever would be thinking that sony, which is an electronics company would actually be better than a company that is leading when it comes to network security, network operating systems and even operating systems in general is severly mistaken. This has never been brought up anymore because it was like beating a dead horse.

Microsoft even used their server park as a selling point for the xboxone (300000 servers) and they have less users.

But of course, ps4 is certainly good enough as a multiplayer platform and it wasn't even what I was talking about when I referred to xbox as the best multiplayer platform. Xbox emphasizes more on multiplayer games in general. Even all the backwards compatible games supports multiplayer with xbox 360 players.

This post contains too much common sense for cows on here... their tiny brains will explode.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Ant_17

@commander said:

@hrt_rulz01:

@Ant_17 said:
@lundy86_4 said:

This was actually posted across various sources an one ever questioned these findings. It has been obvious since the xbox live and psn came to life, psn has improved significantly , but the gap will always be there. Xbox live is far from perfect either, making a perfect online platform isn't even possible. Not when you want to stay economically viable.

That's nice. Can you tell your lems that and not me?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
@Ant_17 said:
@storm_of_swords said:

Well, not everybody cares about the Bone.

I never claimed that they did. Unlike some fanboys here, I don't believe that there is any one console that is the best console for everybody. The PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch all have their own strengths and weaknesses, and they each have their own audience that they appeal to.

For anybody that likes movie-games or JRPGs, I will definitely say that the PS4 is without a doubt the best console choice for those people by far. But my point is, not everybody likes those types of games and for the people that don't like those types of games, there are some pretty big reasons why the Xbox One might be a more appealing console for people that don't like those types of games.