Was god of war the final strike for the hardcore xbox fans?

• 150 results
gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gamevet77
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

I agree with everything this guy says. I loved my 360 but the xbox brand is like a wasteland right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrSAvhg104E

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

A wasteland.

Now starring in State of Decay 2.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

No, that will be Spiderman in September. With Marvel being so popular right now.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Horizon caused panic in the Xthot community, GOW has scattered them to the 4 winds, and Spiderman will finish off the few remaining lems hiding in foxholes. TLOU2, Death Stranding, and Ghosts of Tsushima will be the cleanup crew.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

No people still have them, I use mine as my main console and exclusives for my ps4. Xbox is really cheap 2nd hand. It's like people think that there's never going to be another decent xbox AAAE, Xbox knows what they have done wrong and will fix it, how long that takes I'm not sure. You'll probably here about everything they have in development at e3 this year just to save some fans.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@npiet1: Xbox will deliver nothing of substance this e3. Quote me on that

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@Basinboy: lol keep lying to yourself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#9 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Lems has no games.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

Well, GOW surely made the Lems go in a spiral of meltdown here, so I think yes.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@pdogg93 said:

@npiet1: Xbox will deliver nothing of substance this e3. Quote me on that

Oh I will, however what substance could be a matter of opinion.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

The AAA games just keep coming for PS4. Several every month. Every one of them a nail to the Xbone coffin.

i pity those gamers who refuse to get PS4. They miss all the greatest games on current gen, due to their stupidity. Fools!

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

More YouTube opinions I guess?

Sorry I'm not wasting my time watching a nobodies opinions on YouTube about anything.

Cows spend more time playing these exclusives on SW than in real life, its sad.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

X1 has an aaaa game in the works.

Chougrana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Chougrana
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

O

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

If they don't have something majority hot for E3, it will be over. A lot.of Xbox owners are not happy these days, but there's a chance that e3 will deliver something to keep it all together. It's a bad spot to be in, though.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

lol these cows, like anyone one the xbox cares about these sort of games.

If they would have a bunch of killer multiplayer exclusives now that would be another story, but everyone knows that for multiplayer you're better off with the xbox.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@i_p_daily: Lmao so true.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5247 Posts

System Wars, not Fanboy Wars.

Talk about the games, not about the fanboys (i.e. Microsoft fanboys known as "lemmings" on this forum) who play them.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@Ant_17 said:

No, that will be Spiderman in September. With Marvel being so popular right now.

NO, I will be playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider in September for sure, might pickup Spiderman when it goes on super sale.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 navyguy21  Online
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

Is that you TC? lol

Usually people post links to an established gaming channel.

This is just a "random" guy.

Highly likely its TC

Also, GoW or any other Sony exclusive wont be the "final nail"

What does that even mean?

This generation is over, has been for more than a year.

Doesnt matter if MS bought Sony itself, it wont change hardware sales disparity.

We SHOULD be discussing whether MS will continue to invest in games and first party content as Phil has been trying to do.

Takes time obviously, but this is his E3 to put up or shut up.

Some of you act like you want MS to just pack it in.

They are a business, they have a brand to maintain.

And why would you want them to? Sony is as great as they are because of competition.

MS ate crow because of competition.

Its healthy for the industry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@i_p_daily: Lmao so true.

The hilarious part is that I've never played a Dad of War game, and yet its somehow a "final straw" for me as an Xbox fan.

I wonder if these cows actually believe the shit they type because its beyond delusional and bordering on psychotic.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@i_p_daily: I think some are just sh*t stirring, but sadly I think some are serious and believe their nonsense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@i_p_daily: I think some are just sh*t stirring, but sadly I think some are serious and believe their nonsense.

Forget the cows for a second, i'm going dark (off GS for a week or two) because I don't want to see anymore game leaks before E3, how about you?

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Forget the cows for a second, i'm going dark (off GS for a week or two) because I don't want to see anymore game leaks before E3, how about you?

Another lemming bites the dust.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@knight-k said:
@i_p_daily said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

No I just don't want idiots to create threads about game leaks from E3 before E3 like they do every year here on SW. Sorry to crush your hopes and dreams, but I will be here to keep the cows such as yourself in check.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

Mainly, I would say Horizon: Zero Dawn did that (but I could say Infamous: Second Son also help) and the fact that single player games vs MP isn't doing any justice for MS case here and it shows Xbox fanboys are out of touch that MP isn't as fun as it used to be in last-gen.

God of War was indeed an enjoyable game, but Horizon: Zero Dawn is still king but God of War is pretty close to Horizon level.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@davillain- said:

Mainly, I would say Horizon: Zero Dawn did that (but I could say Infamous: Second Son also help) and the fact that single player games vs MP isn't doing any justice for MS case here and it shows Xbox fanboys are out of touch that MP isn't as fun as it used to be in last-gen.

God of War was indeed an enjoyable game, but Horizon: Zero Dawn is still king but God of War is pretty close to Horizon level.

In what way was MP more fun last gen?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

No. Games like State of Decay 2 and Sea of Thieves were.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaVillain  Moderator

@boycie: It was still new to most gamers mainly on the 360. Single players are still the high priority as we have seen it this gen, selling more units and they have show developers put a lot of efforts into single player. This gen however as MP goes, it's just "been there, done that" and MS has been focus too much MP vs any single player games for Xbox One and the only enjoyable single player only game I like on MS was Quantum Break.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

@davillain- said:

@boycie: It was still new to most gamers mainly on the 360. Single players are still the high priority as we have seen it this gen, selling more units and they have show developers put a lot of efforts into single player. This gen however as MP goes, it's just "been there, done that" and MS has been focus too much MP vs any single player games for Xbox One and the only enjoyable single player only game I like on MS was Quantum Break.

I don't think that is entirely true, the main reason is MS' first party and bought 3rd party exclusives this gen have been mediocre all-round outside of maybe Forza.

Halo went out of fashion, Destiny (Halo + RPG) mechanics was the final nail in the coffin, as was the quality of the games themselves.

Gears was rocky for a long time, imo it was never really GREAT at either SP or MP, it simply got alot of attention for being flashy (sound familiar?)

MS has just failed to really do anything better than PS4.... the design direction they took from day 1 has compeltely wrecked them. These big companies fail to spot gaming trends that are up and coming, Sony has carved thier slice of the pie with AAA SP games... none of them have claimed the MP side this gen.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 knight-k

@i_p_daily said:
@knight-k said:
@i_p_daily said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

No I just don't want idiots to create threads about game leaks from E3 before E3 like they do every year here on SW. Sorry to crush your hopes and dreams, but I will be here to keep the cows such as yourself in check.

Could you also please bring back more of your lemming friends.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@kali-b1rd said:
@davillain- said:

I don't think that is entirely true, the main reason is MS' first party and bought 3rd party exclusives this gen have been mediocre all-round outside of maybe Forza.

Halo went out of fashion, Destiny (Halo + RPG) mechanics was the final nail in the coffin, as was the quality of the games themselves.

Gears was rocky for a long time, imo it was never really GREAT at either SP or MP, it simply got alot of attention for being flashy (sound familiar?)

MS has just failed to really do anything better than PS4.... the design direction they took from day 1 has compeltely wrecked them. These big companies fail to spot gaming trends that are up and coming, Sony has carved thier slice of the pie with AAA SP games... none of them have claimed the MP side this gen.

I don't think your post is entirely true either

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DaVillain  Moderator

@boycie said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@davillain- said:

Well for the most parts, kali-b1rd does have a point, MS is still into Halo, Gears of War, Forza as there main 3 exclusive games. Sure, Sony does it with God of War, but Sony/Santa Monica knew they needed to reboot the series and it paid off. Single player base is still the high priority, see Nintendo's Switch games and Sony'e exclusive games. MS really need to be more aggressive and I want to see MS do better then this. MS still didn't learned what made the Xbox 360 so damn good.

If you look at Gears of War 4 vs God of War 4, what did the two did right and not right? God of War reboot was well done and the developers work hard and Gears of War 4, the new developers didn't work that hard at all and was more the same. Think about it.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Kali-B1rd

@davillain- said:
@boycie said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@davillain- said:

Well for the most parts, kali-b1rd does have a point, MS is still into Halo, Gears of War, Forza as there main 3 exclusive games. Sure, Sony does it with God of War, but Sony/Santa Monica knew they needed to reboot the series and it paid off. Single player base is still the high priority, see Nintendo's Switch games and Sony'e exclusive games. MS really need to be more aggressive and I want to see MS do better then this. MS still didn't learned what made the Xbox 360 so damn good.

If you look at Gears of War 4 vs God of War 4, what did the two did right and not right? God of War reboot was well done and the developers work hard and Gears of War 4, the new developers didn't work that hard at all and was more the same. Think about it.

This... is a good way of putting it.

I can bash Sony for taking less risks, but Microsoft has been by far the worst for it this gen.

Sea of Thieves.... seems to me that thing was doomed to fail, I can't imagine anyone who actually plays games at MS XBox team thought otherwise.

these 2 companies have the funding and infrastructure to create high quality games, MS has the infrastructure to make MP games of much higher quality.

But simply put, its alot harder to make a successful MP game tha nstick to old conventions.. MS, has been worse than Sony... ultimately.

Nintendo are very conservative, but thier range of successful games have good LAN/workable online.

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

Playing through God of War right now and don't understand the hype. It has a lot of good qualities, but it's basically a linear puzzle game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#37 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@davillain-: Gears, I think, was more in line with what was done with Uncharted 4 than with GoW. There's was certainly a lack of perspective and ambition from MS but the context isn't exactly the same. I think first BotW and now GoW really raised the expectations and that's great.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@knight-k said:
@i_p_daily said:
@knight-k said:
@i_p_daily said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

No need for back up as I've destroyed the biggest cow on here many times, the rest of you calves aren't really a challenge sadly :(

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#40 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69450 Posts

People really are foolish to think that the stupidity of this forum are a reflection of the real world.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

@kali-b1rd said:

This... is a good way of putting it.

I can bash Sony for taking less risks, but Microsoft has been by far the worst for it this gen.

Sea of Thieves.... seems to me that thing was doomed to fail, I can't imagine anyone who actually plays games at MS XBox team thought otherwise.

these 2 companies have the funding and infrastructure to create high quality games, MS has the infrastructure to make MP games of much higher quality.

But simply put, its alot harder to make a successful MP game than stick to old conventions.. MS, has been worse than Sony... ultimately.

Nintendo are very conservative, but thier range of successful games have good LAN/workable online.

Wait what?

"MS has the infrastructure to make MP games of much higher quality."

How is MS's MP game higher quality than Sony's when no MP game outside of Forza Horizon 3 is even AAA this gen?

Sony has more high rated MP games than MS this gen FACT! So that argument is dead buddy...we can do a games list and you'll get obliterated if you choose.

Also

"But simply put, its alot harder to make a successful MP game than stick to old conventions.. MS, has been worse than Sony... ultimately."

That's the exact opposite of what Phil Spencer has said and you defended!

So, in an attempt to down play the difficulty of what takes to produce a high quality AAA exclusive games, you contradict virtually everything you've been arguing about MP games taking over as the most popular today and SP not mattering to many people because MS's low quality MP cash grabs failed???

Phil Spencer
“One of the things I worry about…are the single-player story-driven games. It’s hard when so much of the gameplay that happens on a daily basis is on these games that are long and growing and service-based, and then you get a smaller single-player game and what…how does it find its audience when so many hours are taken up [already]?”
“The audience for those big story-driven games…I won’t say it isn’t as large, but they’re not as consistent. You’ll have things like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild or Horizon Zero Dawn that’ll come out, and they’ll do really well, but they don’t have the same impact that they used tohave because the big service-based games are capturing such a large amount of the audience. Sony’s first-party studios do a lot of these games, and they’re good at them, but outside of that, it’s difficult–they’ve become more rare…It’s a difficult business decision for those teams, you’re fighting into more headwind. We’ve got to understand that if we enjoy those games, the business opportunity has to be there for them. I love story-based games. I just finished Thimbleweed Park…Inside was probably my game of last year. As an industry, I want to make sure both narrative-driven single-player games and service-based games have the opportunity to succeed. I think that’s critical for us.”

This... is a DIRECT contradiction to Phil Spencer's quote you've been DEFENDING tooth and nail for months now.

WOW!

Now, you've flip flopped on that MP argument for the purpose of downplaying MS's failures with their MP games.

Again PHIL SPENCER calls single-player games difficult and not as consistent as service based MP games...And YOU'VE been defending that argument ALL BEFORE now.

NOW...Single player is easy as pie @kali-b1rd

Man MP games are really difficult and SP are so easy now...

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Kali-B1rd

@tgob89 something something phil spencer, something something xbox?

Something something made up narrative

you are a joke, a wall of text about nothing.

I mean damn man, I actually trashed the XBox and you STILL somehow managed to turn something I said into something else.

Where are you on the spectrum?

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 knight-k

@i_p_daily said:
@knight-k said:
@i_p_daily said:
@knight-k said:
@i_p_daily said:

No need for back up as I've destroyed the biggest cow on here many times, the rest of you calves aren't really a challenge sadly :(

I like your false bravery, we all know these are hard times for lemmings with the Xbone fiasco.

Anyway, I will be rooting for Xbox this E3, I want more lemmings on this board so we can relive the golden years of system wars.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@knight-k said:
@i_p_daily said:

Huh? When did you destroy me?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@commander said:

lol these cows, like anyone one the xbox cares about these sort of games.

If they would have a bunch of killer multiplayer exclusives now that would be another story, but everyone knows that for multiplayer you're better off with the xbox.

Hahahahaa is 2018 online gaming is the same shit on both platforms.

So both have multiplatforms games and sony has more and better exclusives..

@rrjim1 said:
@Ant_17 said:

NO, I will be playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider in September for sure, might pickup Spiderman when it goes on super sale.

So you downplay an exclusive with a multiplatform game..lol

@i_p_daily said:

The hilarious part is that I've never played a Dad of War game, and yet its somehow a "final straw" for me as an Xbox fan.

I wonder if these cows actually believe the shit they type because its beyond delusional and bordering on psychotic.

Dad of war is better than anything you have to play on the dust collector one you call console.

If you don't believe that the xbox one has some serious software issues,then your head is far to deep inside MS ass to see it.

The xbox one is an embarrassment even compare to the original xbox,which did had several exclusives over 90,and is a total failure compare to the 360.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ReCloud

@kali-b1rd: so you get exposed for lying and twisting the narrative again and that's your best comeback?

Well, can't say I'm surprised since you're... You.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Clearly several million people are still drawn to that Xbox brand, but PS4 has turned a lot of people away.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Kali-B1rd

@recloud said:

@kali-b1rd: so you get exposed for lying and twisting the narrative again and that's your best comeback?

Well, can't say I'm surprised since you're... You.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You guys just can't read, its rather sad at this point ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hes quoted me completely wrong, you and your alt are hilarious.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ReCloud

@kali-b1rd: so, no counterpoint, again? Thanks for playing

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Kali-B1rd

@recloud said:

@kali-b1rd: so, no counterpoint, again? Thanks for playing

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm 100% positive we would be annoying people now and I'm suprised we havn't had a warning or a temp suspension honestly.

That being said, congratulations on lowering the bar of this place further, I'm bowing out of this shit show, enjoy your made up victory.

Don't except anymore attention that you crave.