Warhawk and Killzone

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lilac_Benjie
Member since 2006 • 12287 Posts

It looks similar to Gears of War graphically.

The Goat Ass

The Goat Ass

Look at that water.

Look at all those planes to shoot down.

Look at the wing tearing through the water.

Look at all those real time missiles.

You can spend hours colouring in your aeroplane.

This is what Nintendo needs: more bad looking characters.

Real time explosions.

See how cool you can make your aeroplane look?

Killzone Review: 6.9

The Goat Ass.

diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 diggyzoom
Member since 2005 • 19616 Posts

After watching the videos , the game looks fine and more importantly fun. When we have a ton of gameplay footage , screens are pointless.

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lilac_Benjie

After watching the videos , the game looks fine and more importantly fun. When we have a ton of gameplay footage , screens are pointless.diggyzoom

Yeah, both games look really cool.

Warhawk trailer

I mean, look at how much better it looks than Wii games.

The Goat Ass 

Battalion Wars 2 

Clearly PS3 has better graphics than Wii. And Sixaxis is almost as good as motion sensing in 3D space.

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 GazzaB
Member since 2004 • 27139 Posts
Looks like Gears visually? Dont kid yourself. In that second last screen, it actually looks cartoony. Gears artisitc direction pwns Warhawks
SpaceDragonMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SpaceDragonMan
Member since 2007 • 1502 Posts
Looks similair to Gears of War MY ASS
asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 asdasd
Member since 2005 • 4464 Posts

Another Lilac_Benjie thread... why did I even come in here?

Warhawk is a downloadable game that will be 20-30 bucks, you expect it to look like gears?

Who cares if Killzone got 6.9. Just because it got a low score, that means the sequal cant get a better score right?

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lilac_Benjie

Who cares if Killzone got 6.9, just because it got a low score, that means the sequal cant get a better score right? asdasd

I agree. I'm also looking forward to a sequel to Firewarrior that hopefully doesn't suck as well. 

Kreean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kreean
Member since 2006 • 683 Posts
Warhawk looks like it could be a a great multiplayer game. Killzone... I don't know... quite sceptical.
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lilac_Benjie

Warhawk is a downloadable game that will be 20-30 bucksasdasd

Warhawk is a $30 game on a $600 console. I expect it to look phenomenal for that amount of money.

Looks like Gears visually? Dont kid yourself. In that second last screen, it actually looks cartoony.GazzaB

It's running on the cell processor. It has much better cell shading than anything 360 can handle.

SpaceDragonMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SpaceDragonMan
Member since 2007 • 1502 Posts

[QUOTE="GazzaB"]Looks like Gears visually? Dont kid yourself. In that second last screen, it actually looks cartoony.Lilac_Benjie

It's running on the cell processor. It has much better cell shading than anything 360 can handle.

Jeeeesus Christ, you can't be serious.....

Medjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Medjai
Member since 2003 • 3839 Posts
what in tarnation is going on here? is this pro or anti Warhawk and wtf is goats ass? I am so confused compounded by the fact that there was a Gears comparison...*slowly backs away from the thread*
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts

a sheep arguing about graphics? :|

:lol:

by the way, bad screen shots, also go watch the railer, preferably the HD trailer. 

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lilac_Benjie

wtf is goats ass? Medjai

Look at the top left corner on the newest screenshots (posted first).

asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 asdasd

what in tarnation is going on here? is this pro or anti Warhawk and wtf is goats ass? I am so confused compounded by the fact that there was a Gears comparison...*slowly backs away from the thread*Medjai

Thegoatass is the guy's who is playing Warhawk screenname.

This is a anti PS3 thread by the one and only Lilaq_benji. He is the one who said that SMG looks on par and in some ways better than R&C: Future yesterday 

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lilac_Benjie

He is the one who said that SMG looks on par and in some ways better than R&C: Future yesterday asdasd

Your wrong. I have never said that Super Mario Galaxy looks as good as R&C future.

What I said was that Super Mario Galaxy will set a new standard for games, while Ratchet and Clank 7 follows the traditional formula. 

Medjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Medjai
Member since 2003 • 3839 Posts

[QUOTE="Medjai"]what in tarnation is going on here? is this pro or anti Warhawk and wtf is goats ass? I am so confused compounded by the fact that there was a Gears comparison...*slowly backs away from the thread*asdasd

Thegoatass is the guy's who is playing Warhawk screenname.

This is a anti PS3 thread by the one and only Lilaq_benji. He is the one who said that SMG looks on par and in some ways better than R&C: Future yesterday 

ok I lied I came back to the thread...but thx for the heads up, I really was confused there a sec, I was looking at the textures not the player name

anshuk20002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 anshuk20002
Member since 2004 • 3523 Posts

[QUOTE="asdasd"]He is the one who said that SMG looks on par and in some ways better than R&C: Future yesterday Lilac_Benjie

Your wrong. I have never said that Super Mario Galaxy looks as good as R&C future.

What I said was that Super Mario Galaxy will set a new standard for games, while Ratchet and Clank 7 follows the traditional formula.

you also said r&c doesnt look good.  

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lilac_Benjie
[QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]

[QUOTE="asdasd"]He is the one who said that SMG looks on par and in some ways better than R&C: Future yesterday anshuk20002

For a Playstation 3 game, no it does not.

Same applies for Warhawk. Both games are very poor examples of a $600 console.

From the latest batch of Ratchet & Clank 7 screenshots. It looks better than Wii games, but it still looks a mess.

I'll put it this way. If I payed $600 for a console, and then spent $130 on Ratchet & Clank 7, Warhawk, and Killzone, I'd be pissed. 

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts
How can this be taken seriously? It a Wii fan discussion about graphics.
anshuk20002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 anshuk20002

ratchet does look gud

asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 asdasd
[QUOTE="anshuk20002"][QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]

[QUOTE="asdasd"]He is the one who said that SMG looks on par and in some ways better than R&C: Future yesterday Lilac_Benjie

For a Playstation 3 game, no it does not.

Same applies for Warhawk. Both games are very poor examples of a $600 console.

From the latest batch of Ratchet & Clank 7 screenshots. It looks better than Wii games, but it still looks a mess.

I'll put it this way. If I payed $600 for a console, and then spent $130 on Ratchet & Clank 7, Warhawk, and Killzone, I'd be pissed.

Lets put it in the words of a 1up editor who actually played R&C: Future .."Now thats PS3" It looks amazing, stop making yourself look like a fool.

steve_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 steve_89
Member since 2006 • 790 Posts
i am sooooo pumped for warhawk. it will be hours and hours of multiplayer war. it reminds me of battle feild and starwars battlefront except with better arieal battles.
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lilac_Benjie

ratchet does look gud

anshuk20002

I actually think this screenshot looks better.

Yeah it looks okay. But how does it set itself appart from other consoles? The simple answer is that it doesn't.

Like I said, if I bought a $600 Playstation 3. Spent $130 on Warhawk, Ratchet & Clank 7, and Killzone, I would be pissed. 

anshuk20002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 anshuk20002
[QUOTE="anshuk20002"]

ratchet does look gud

Lilac_Benjie

I actually think this screenshot looks better.

Yeah it looks okay. But how does it set itself appart from other consoles? The simple answer is that it doesn't.

did u play it?   

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

So does every game have to have great graphics to be awesome?

OMG. It's 2D! That must mean the game is horrible, right?

Anyway, it's not all about graphics people. And we all know PS3 is capable of fantastic graphics anyway.

diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 diggyzoom
[QUOTE="diggyzoom"]

After watching the videos , the game looks fine and more importantly fun. When we have a ton of gameplay footage , screens are pointless.Lilac_Benjie

Yeah, both games look really cool.

Warhawk trailer

I mean, look at how much better it looks than Wii games.

The Goat Ass

Battalion Wars 2

Clearly PS3 has better graphics than Wii. And Sixaxis is almost as good as motion sensing in 3D space.

Why post a tech demo from E3 when we have a ton of recent gameplay footage ? :? There are a bunch of gameplay videos over at gametrailers.com.Why couldn't you understand that the first time ? And are you trying to say that the Wii games look terrible ? :?

And about the sixaxis controls.Most people said it worked well so that OLD intentionally exaggerated on stage footage from E3 is rubbish. This video debunks that and it was from May , 2006 .... lol. http://youtube.com/watch?v=It_nNwPYdOo

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lilac_Benjie

Anyway, it's not all about graphics people.  the-very-best

With this statement I very much agree. 

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
At least the PS3 has online gaming. I can't say the same for the Wii.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 shungokustasu

[QUOTE="the-very-best"]Anyway, it's not all about graphics people. Lilac_Benjie

With this statement I very much agree.

If you agree with that statement why continue to post graphic picture of a game?

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

So does every game have to have great graphics to be awesome?

OMG. It's 2D! That must mean the game is horrible, right?

Anyway, it's not all about graphics people. And we all know PS3 is capable of fantastic graphics anyway.

the-very-best

If it ain't solitare or a Popcap game yes, 2d is terrible. I'm 1/2 joking.

I just can't see myself paying full price for a 2d game. It's old tech. Not saying that the games aren't good, but in this day and age it just doesn't do it for me. I want fantastic looking games with incredible sound, not something that looks 2 steps above a handheld..I just don't roll like that. Yes, I am sort of a graphics whore.

Reversing things somewhat, why can't a game have fantastic graphics and good gameplay also? What's wrong with that? It really pisses me off at times that Nintendo always decides to lag when it comes to tech..Some of their franchises would just be awesome incarnate with a next gen sound/graphics touch and the Ninty magic.

The one thing I remember when I got a SNES was that watching my friend play it at his house, I distinctly remember when Mario picked up a coin inside one of the levels there was reverb applied to the sound. I thought it was very cool and it was one of the main reasons I went right out the next day and got one. That and the gameplay of course. But the SNES sound chip was pretty advanced for the time and it immediately got me interested in the console.

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lilac_Benjie
If you agree with that statement why continue to post graphic picture of a game?

shungokustasu

Here is my theory.

• Hideo Kojima is an extremely talented game designer who managed to make the Playstation 2 surpass it's expected visual capabilities.
  • Playstation 3 contains a Bluray player, as part of Sony's trojan horse strategy to get Bluray into our homes.
  • Sony needed to find a way to keep the price low, which in part included the usual strategy of making a loss on hardware, later making up for it in software sales.
  • Playstation 3 is not the graphical powerhouse Sony led us to believe that it was, in order for us to swallow the hefty price tag brought on by the chosen media format.
  • Sony overcompensated at E3, making false statements, showing CGI, generally leading us to believe that Playstation 3 was not only visually competitive with the Xbox360, but superior than.
  • It is later becoming apparent that all is not as we where led to believe. Playstation 3 lies in the HD bracket between the Nintendo Wii and the graphically superior Xbox360.
  • Sony's main priority is, and always has been, media format dominance.

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]If you agree with that statement why continue to post graphic picture of a game?

Lilac_Benjie

Here is my theory.

• Hideo Kojima is an extremely talented game designer who managed to make the Playstation 2 surpass it's expected visual capabilities.
  • Playstation 3 contains a Bluray player, as part of Sony's trojan horse strategy to get Bluray into our homes.
  • Sony needed to find a way to keep the price low, which in part included the usual strategy of making a loss on hardware, later making up for it in software sales.
  • Playstation 3 is not the graphical powerhouse Sony led us to believe that it was, in order for us to swallow the hefty price tag brought on by the chosen media format.
  • Sony overcompensated at E3, making false statements, showing CGI, generally leading us to believe that Playstation 3 was not only visually competitive with the Xbox360, but superior than.
  • It is later becoming apparent that all is not as we where led to believe. Playstation 3 lies in the HD bracket between the Nintendo Wii and the graphically superior Xbox360.

But still, you agree it's not about graphics. So why does it affect you so much to see graphics getting "downgraded"? Is it not true you should be more worried about gameplay, since graphics is not that important to you? After all you do have a Wii.

StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts
Actually as it stands, Warhawk seems like a preatty fun online multiplayer game for me.
MCGSMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MCGSMB
Member since 2007 • 2149 Posts
[QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"]If you agree with that statement why continue to post graphic picture of a game?

shungokustasu

Here is my theory.

But still, you agree it's not about graphics. So why does it affect you so much to see graphics getting "downgraded"? Is it not true you should be more worried about gameplay, since graphics is not that important to you? After all you do have a Wii.

You know, you are pretty stereotypical. You remind me of those racist people you see around town. 

"Oh you must not care about graphics since you have a Wii." Yeah, why don't you go grow up and realize some people don't want to or can't shell out 600 bucks on a console with obvious flaws.

xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"]If you agree with that statement why continue to post graphic picture of a game?

MCGSMB

Here is my theory.

You know, you are pretty stereotypical. You remind me of those racist people you see around town.

"Oh you must not care about graphics since you have a Wii." Yeah, why don't you go grow up and realize some people don't want to or can't shell out 600 bucks on a console with obvious flaws.

you do know that he owns a Wii, right? 

MCGSMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MCGSMB
Member since 2007 • 2149 Posts
[QUOTE="MCGSMB"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"]If you agree with that statement why continue to post graphic picture of a game?

xxThyLordxx

Here is my theory.

You know, you are pretty stereotypical. You remind me of those racist people you see around town.

"Oh you must not care about graphics since you have a Wii." Yeah, why don't you go grow up and realize some people don't want to or can't shell out 600 bucks on a console with obvious flaws.

Did I ever contradict that? 

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lilac_Benjie

Actually as it stands, Warhawk seems like a preatty fun online multiplayer game for me.
StealthSting

Here is a pretty fun online multiplayer game for the Xbox360.

Here is a pretty fun online multiplayer game for the Nintendo Wii.

StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 StealthSting
[QUOTE="MCGSMB"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"]If you agree with that statement why continue to post graphic picture of a game?

xxThyLordxx

Here is my theory.

Still he does have a point. Just because I have a Wii does not mean that I won't be able to appreaciate good looking graphics.

If I had the game crysis at this moment, I would not appreciate to a lesser extent its graphical quality because I have a Wii. 

Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts
Halo 3 Beta destroys this graphically.
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 StealthSting

[QUOTE="StealthSting"]Actually as it stands, Warhawk seems like a preatty fun online multiplayer game for me.
Lilac_Benjie

Here is a pretty fun online multiplayer game for the Nintendo Wii.

Why oh why do you do that Lilac_Benjie :lol: ? Why would those games in any way make Warhawk a less of an enjoyable experience? 

dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#42 dgsag
Member since 2005 • 6760 Posts

[QUOTE="StealthSting"]Actually as it stands, Warhawk seems like a preatty fun online multiplayer game for me.
Lilac_Benjie

JAGGIES OF WAR!!!! :cry:

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"]If you agree with that statement why continue to post graphic picture of a game?

MCGSMB

Here is my theory.

That made no sense. No one is force to buy a console. It was his choice to by the Wii.

-Pale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 -Pale
Member since 2006 • 1850 Posts
Do you ever have a point?
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"][QUOTE="MCGSMB"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"]If you agree with that statement why continue to post graphic picture of a game?

StealthSting

Here is my theory.

Still he does have a point. Just because I have a Wii does not mean that I won't be able to appreaciate good looking graphics.

If I had the game crysis at this moment, I would not appreciate to a lesser extent its graphical quality because I have a Wii.

It's not the fact you not able to appreciate graphics it's the level of your appreciation the contradict yourself. You say Warhawk doesn't look good for $600. This is moronic in itself to compare a PS3 price tag to a game. However, you say Rachet and Clank looks good, but not to your standards, yet you praise Mario Galaxy which in fact looks inferior to R&C. On top of that you claim that graphics is not everything, but continue to make graphic comparison threads. Like I said it's silly to even argue to Wii fans.  

diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 diggyzoom
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]If you agree with that statement why continue to post graphic picture of a game?

Lilac_Benjie

Here is my theory.

• True. Talented devs that like to push graphics will do a good job with the ps3.
  • Maybe so , but they also want the ps3 to last a long time. What better way to do so than give us an HD movie format and an HD gaming format that will also give developers a lot of freedom in the future.
  • True. That is the way the run their business model.
  • Actually , most devs have stated that it is a powerhouse.The extra money that you pay on top of just having an HD console itself is for blu-ray,free online included,Home,large hardrive,wifi,bluetooth,etc. Is that stuff worth the extra money on top of an HD system with great exclusives that should last a long time ? That is in the eye of the beholder.
  • People understand what hype trailers are by now. It is in fact visually competitive with the 360 it just has extra stuff that the 360 doesn't that makes it more expensive up front. See above ^
  • The 360 is not superior. It is similar. You get more incuded in the PS3 for the extra bones. See above ^
  • Of course they are pushing for a new format to help their company , but another part of their plan is to have a longterm console that aims to please. They want to outlast the competition like they always have.Think about if they didn't go with blu-ray now ? Microsoft would have upgraded to a new format with their short cycle consoles much earlier and the ps3 would have been in a bad position to outlast everyone tech wise.

That is my theory.

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Lilac_Benjie

Why oh why do you do that Lilac_Benjie :lol: ? Why would those games in any way make Warhawk a less of an enjoyable experience? StealthSting

Warhawk makes Warhawk less of an enjoyable experience without any assistance from Super Smash Bros Brawl or Gears of War.

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Lilac_Benjie
[QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"]If you agree with that statement why continue to post graphic picture of a game?

diggyzoom

• Of course they are pushing for a new format to help their company , but another part of their plan is to have a longterm console that aims to please. They want to outlast the competition like they always have.Think about if they didn't go with blu-ray now ? Microsoft would have upgraded to a new format with their short cycle consoles much earlier and the ps3 would have been in a bad position to outlast everyone tech wise.

That is my theory.

If you want to push $600 to the Sony Blu-ray charity, then I'm not going to stop you.

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Lilac_Benjie
[QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]

dgsag

JAGGIES OF WAR!!!! :cry:

Goat Ass. :cry: 

StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 StealthSting

It's not the fact you not able to appreciate graphics it's the level of your appreciation the contradict yourself. You say Warhawk doesn't look good for $600. This is moronic in itself to compare a PS3 price tag to a game. However, you say Rachet and Clank looks good, but not to your standards, yet you praise Mario Galaxy which in fact looks inferior to R&C. On top of that you claim that graphics is not everything, but continue to make graphic comparison threads. Like I said it's silly to even argue to Wii fans.

shungokustasu

And now I'm left wondering if I should agree completely with the generalizations the other post made on you, because you just did exactly that......... If you don't want to argue with the people that by your definition fall into those reasons as Wii fans, I certainly won't stop you. But, let me give you a little piece of advice, not everything is black and white. 

Warhawk makes Warhawk less of an enjoyable experience without any assistance from Super Smash Bros Brawl or Gears of War.

Lilac_Benjie

Alright. Fair enough.Â