Warhawk and Killzone

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
i really want to fly a warhawk. mlooks like the only thing the sixaxis is good for.
diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 diggyzoom
Member since 2005 • 19616 Posts
[QUOTE="diggyzoom"][QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"]If you agree with that statement why continue to post graphic picture of a game?

Lilac_Benjie

• Hideo Kojima is an extremely talented game designer who managed to make the Playstation 2 surpass it's expected visual capabilities.
  • Playstation 3 contains a Bluray player, as part of Sony's trojan horse strategy to get Bluray into our homes.
  • Sony needed to find a way to keep the price low, which in part included the usual strategy of making a loss on hardware, later making up for it in software sales.
  • Playstation 3 is not the graphical powerhouse Sony led us to believe that it was, in order for us to swallow the hefty price tag brought on by the chosen media format.
  • Sony overcompensated at E3, making false statements, showing CGI, generally leading us to believe that Playstation 3 was not only visually competitive with the Xbox360, but superior than.
  • It is later becoming apparent that all is not as we where led to believe. Playstation 3 lies in the HD bracket between the Nintendo Wii and the graphically superior Xbox360.
  • Sony's main priority is, and always has been, media format dominance.
  • Of course they are pushing for a new format to help their company , but another part of their plan is to have a longterm console that aims to please. They want to outlast the competition like they always have.Think about if they didn't go with blu-ray now ? Microsoft would have upgraded to a new format with their short cycle consoles much earlier and the ps3 would have been in a bad position to outlast everyone tech wise.

That is my theory.

If you want to push $600 to the Sony Blu-ray charity, then I'm not going to stop you.

Wait , a diehard sheep that hates the PS3 and hides behind the 360 is more objective than I ? I think even without blu-ray , that the ps3 could definitely be worth $600 to a lot of people out there. When you consider how long Sony consoles last and add in free online , Home , nice sized hardrive , great exclusives that people want over the competition and you have good value for a lot of people. If it is too much for people , they will wait for the first pricedrop or they will swich over to the 360 and pay just as much money over the long haul.I see blu-ray as more of a free bonus that will cost you very little extra in the grand scheme of things. 

joe_g_patton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 joe_g_patton
Member since 2003 • 1548 Posts

Warhawk is looking awesome!!!  I'm really looking forward to that one.  My prediction on Killzone:  After dumping tons of money into it, advertising, and hyping...........it will still SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!  KK bye

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Lilac_Benjie
Member since 2006 • 12287 Posts

I think even without blu-ray , that the ps3 could definitely be worth $600diggyzoom

diggyzoom even as a Cow I expected better from you than this.

diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 diggyzoom

[QUOTE="diggyzoom"]I think even without blu-ray , that the ps3 could definitely be worth $600Lilac_Benjie

You probably didn't read my reasoning behind the possible value of the ps3 for some people did you ? Haters just like to look the other way on details. Now I understand why.

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Lilac_Benjie
Haters just like to look the other way on details.diggyzoom

Coming from the biggest hater of them all: diggyzoom.

If you have not noticed, I show my support to PC (mainly), Xbox360, and Nintendo Wii. I am disgruntled that Playstation 3 is not as good as Playstation 2.

But all I ever hear from you is how superior Warhawk and Killzone are. Heavenly Sword, Lair, and Final Fantasy XIII (2008 release), and never any word for anthing on the Xbox360, Wii, or PC.

Why is that diggyzoom? Why don't you make an Xbox360 or PC thread for a change.

atarigrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 atarigrad
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
Both games look terrible. Very bland colors. Especially considering Killzones now imfamous fake fanboy trailer of gameplay from last years e3. FAct is these games will suck just like they have in the past. Sad really that Warhawk is getting such a bad developer. Oh and no they aren't in gears league.
Squall_Griver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Squall_Griver
Member since 2006 • 3607 Posts
Halo 3 Beta destroys this graphically.Cubs360

:lol: halo 3 beta looks like a shiny halo 2
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

After watching the videos , the game looks fine and more importantly fun. When we have a ton of gameplay footage , screens are pointless.

diggyzoom

indeed.  but the gameplay does not look very compelling at this point.  those on-foot missions are going to kill this game.  I've said it since I first saw them.  Warhawk should have been a flying shooter and nothing else.  I'm still calling nothing but "A" from this game.  I'd love to be wrong because flying games are my favorite genre, but I don't expect much of anything from this one. 

joe_g_patton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 joe_g_patton
Member since 2003 • 1548 Posts

Both games look terrible. Very bland colors. Especially considering Killzones now imfamous fake fanboy trailer of gameplay from last years e3. FAct is these games will suck just like they have in the past. Sad really that Warhawk is getting such a bad developer. Oh and no they aren't in gears league.atarigrad

Wasn't that fake fanboy trailer from E3 2005?  I'm pretty sure that Killzone was mysteriously absent from last year's E3.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

[QUOTE="atarigrad"]Both games look terrible. Very bland colors. Especially considering Killzones now imfamous fake fanboy trailer of gameplay from last years e3. FAct is these games will suck just like they have in the past. Sad really that Warhawk is getting such a bad developer. Oh and no they aren't in gears league.joe_g_patton

Wasn't that fake fanboy trailer from E3 2005? I'm pretty sure that Killzone was mysteriously absent from last year's E3.

They said in February that KZ2 is looking similar to that E3 '05 trailer now.  I guess we'll have to wait and see, though. 

Squall_Griver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Squall_Griver
Member since 2006 • 3607 Posts

PS3=best graphics,and yeah its real time
diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 diggyzoom
[QUOTE="diggyzoom"][QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]

[QUOTE="diggyzoom"]I think even without blu-ray , that the ps3 could definitely be worth $600Lilac_Benjie

You probably didn't read my reasoning behind the possible value of the ps3 for some people did you ? Haters just like to look the other way on details. Now I understand why.

Coming from the biggest hater of them all: diggyzoom.

If you have not noticed, I show my support to PC (mainly), Xbox360, and Nintendo Wii. I am disgruntled that Playstation 3 is not as good as Playstation 2.

But all I ever hear from you is how superior Warhawk and Killzone are. Heavenly Sword, Lair, and Final Fantasy XIII (2008 release), and never any word for anthing on the Xbox360, Wii, or PC.

Why is that diggyzoom? Why don't you make an Xbox360 or PC thread for a change.

I don't have anything against those platforms other than I really don't want them when I consider my gaming tastes and what I want and need out of a console and I just like defending the ps3 against the haters. And when did I say Warhawk and Killzone are superior to anything exactly ? I think you pulled that out of your blankety blank blank. I said Warhawk looks fine but more importantly fun and I will buy it if they price it right and if turns out well. 

-Pale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 -Pale
Member since 2006 • 1850 Posts

PS3=best graphics,and yeah its real time Squall_Griver

It's weird seeing the place I go to, damn near every day compared to a game. o; 

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts
It always an empty argument with Wii fans. I'm amazed how they actually keep getting attention.
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#66 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

You have got to be kidding me. You actually think that your flawed theory that the PS3 is inferior can be justified by posting some of the worst screens that you can find of a 20.00-30.00 downloadable only game? You think this proves your point? ALL systems have their lack-luster games....especially your little Wii, lol.

Here, let me beat you at your own little fanboy game by applying YOUR logic in reverse here in favor of the PS3 against the Wii just to show you how ridiculous you are in fact being. Again, this is the logic you are using, therefore, you have no arguement against it. By the way, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out ;):

Cooking Mama :

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam:

Lair/PS3

Heavenly Sword:

StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts
The only problem with some of those PS3 screenshots, is that you can clearly see that some of those were target renders or said to be real time, only for it to not be the case. Still, I totally agree with you.
D_Znuhtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 D_Znuhtz
Member since 2004 • 2276 Posts

Looks similair to Gears of War MY ASSSpaceDragonMan

He's TROLLING, smart guy. Get a clue.  

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#69 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

The only problem with some of those PS3 screenshots, is that you can clearly see that some of those were target renders or said to be real time, only for it to not be the case. Still, I totally agree with you.
StealthSting

I was just trying to make a point by using his own logic against him, in efforts to show him how ridiculous he was being. We all know (well most of us) that both of those game are going to look incredible IN GAME as well....especially Lair. All one needs to do is look at the recently released trailers to see that much for themselves. As for some of the Heavenly Sword screens....the fighting sequence screens are in game.

e20Dylan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 e20Dylan
Member since 2007 • 1055 Posts
llemmings are really coming out of the wood work after forza2 demo and halo3 beta flopped HARD in the graphics department so they create stupid threads.. warhawk killzone2 and ratchet and clank all 3 will look better then halo3 and forza2. quit your stupid threads
ninersfan343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ninersfan343
Member since 2006 • 514 Posts
warhawk is gunna be so awsome i cant wait
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts

llemmings are really coming out of the wood work after forza2 demo and halo3 beta flopped HARD in the graphics department so they create stupid threads.. warhawk killzone2 and ratchet and clank all 3 will look better then halo3 and forza2. quit your stupid threadse20Dylan

Sadly, this is not a lemming, but a sheep... 

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Lilac_Benjie

Sadly, this is not a lemming, but a sheep... shungokustasu

Actually I'm a hermit. I played my Atari ST and Commodore 64 more than I did my NES. And to this day I favour PC.

But I still do love nintendo. Xbox360 is a good console too. I owned a launch Xbox last generation.