Very upset with the gamebreaking bugs in the PS3 version of Skyrim

• 136 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

abonsabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 abonsabo
Member since 2011 • 475 Posts
I want to point your attention to this Neogaf thread, where there are thousands of angry gamers complaining about the same thing. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453208 In the PS3 version of Skyrim the game starts to suffer extreme lag and frame rate problems the further you progress in the game due to a bug that has to do with a save issue. I'm tired of these lazy ports on the PS3. I have had to miss out on some of the best games this generation like Bayonetta and Skyrim on the PS3 because developers have made the PS3 an afterthought. Why won't you let this console live up to it's potential? Why is the 360 the prioritized development platform when PS3 is the most powerful one! It's sickening!
Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Tikeio
Member since 2011 • 5332 Posts

Why did you come to SW to complain? Playing Skyrim on PS3 is entirely your fault.

killu-later

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 killu-later
Member since 2011 • 381 Posts

lv 1 Troll complaining about PS3 inferior version of Skyrim

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

killu-later
and the issue being? it's a valid complaint.
killu-later

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 killu-later

[QUOTE="killu-later"]

soapandbubbles

and the issue being? it's a valid complaint.

did he really needed a new accnt just to complain about it?

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Troll!

I can say that now, right?

free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 free_milk
Member since 2011 • 3903 Posts

Can we actully talk about somthing that isnt cod or skyrim?

How about oure faviourite cereals?

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
I want to point your attention to this Neogaf thread, where there are thousands of angry gamers complaining about the same thing. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453208 In the PS3 version of Skyrim the game starts to suffer extreme lag and frame rate problems the further you progress in the game due to a bug that has to do with a save issue. I'm tired of these lazy ports on the PS3. I have had to miss out on some of the best games this generation like Bayonetta and Skyrim on the PS3 because developers have made the PS3 an afterthought. Why won't you let this console live up to it's potential? Why is the 360 the prioritized development platform when PS3 is the most powerful one! It's sickening!abonsabo
Its the hardware. Buy a 360 or PC.
glimpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 glimpus
Member since 2004 • 2306 Posts

I want to point your attention to this Neogaf thread, where there are thousands of angry gamers complaining about the same thing. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453208 In the PS3 version of Skyrim the game starts to suffer extreme lag and frame rate problems the further you progress in the game due to a bug that has to do with a save issue. I'm tired of these lazy ports on the PS3. I have had to miss out on some of the best games this generation like Bayonetta and Skyrim on the PS3 because developers have made the PS3 an afterthought. Why won't you let this console live up to it's potential? Why is the 360 the prioritized development platform when PS3 is the most powerful one! It's sickening!abonsabo

360 and PC are more simliar, two birds, one stone. The last stone, gets neglected.

But Bethesda has crazy issues with most every game it seems.

free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 free_milk
Member since 2011 • 3903 Posts

How the hell can a level 1 make a thread?

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
[QUOTE="abonsabo"]I want to point your attention to this Neogaf thread, where there are thousands of angry gamers complaining about the same thing. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453208 In the PS3 version of Skyrim the game starts to suffer extreme lag and frame rate problems the further you progress in the game due to a bug that has to do with a save issue. I'm tired of these lazy ports on the PS3. I have had to miss out on some of the best games this generation like Bayonetta and Skyrim on the PS3 because developers have made the PS3 an afterthought. Why won't you let this console live up to it's potential? Why is the 360 the prioritized development platform when PS3 is the most powerful one! It's sickening!

fear not, a patch is coming this week to upgrade all versions to 1.2, hopefully this patch will have adressed the problem, bethesda are working very hard to resolve issues on all 3 platforms, most open world bethesda games are seriously buggy at launch but usually get sorted out via patch, do us a favour though, quit with the ps3 is more powerful crap, it is but by such a small amount it's not even worth mentioning.
killu-later

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 killu-later

[QUOTE="abonsabo"]I want to point your attention to this Neogaf thread, where there are thousands of angry gamers complaining about the same thing. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453208 In the PS3 version of Skyrim the game starts to suffer extreme lag and frame rate problems the further you progress in the game due to a bug that has to do with a save issue. I'm tired of these lazy ports on the PS3. I have had to miss out on some of the best games this generation like Bayonetta and Skyrim on the PS3 because developers have made the PS3 an afterthought. Why won't you let this console live up to it's potential? Why is the 360 the prioritized development platform when PS3 is the most powerful one! It's sickening!delta3074
fear not, a patch is coming this week to upgrade all versions to 1.2, hopefully this patch will have adressed the problem, bethesda are working very hard to resolve issues on all 3 platforms, most open world bethesda games are seriously buggy at launch but usually get sorted out via patch, do us a favour though, quit with the ps3 is more powerful crap, it is but by such a small amount it's not even worth mentioning.

you still believe the ps3 is more powerful by a small amount? what game shows this, Uncharted? As a PS3 only gamer, I can tell you that Uncharted isnothing special at all. you can do good things by rendering in a linear environment with few enemies on screen, cheap Alpha effects, cheap foliage and jaggied shadows. All which Killzone and gears do beter by a mile

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 aia89
Member since 2009 • 2828 Posts

ps3 more powerful? cpu-wise, maybe, but 360's gpu is ACTUALLY better than what the ps3 is equipped with. both systems are about the same in power, one is better in some tasks, the other one in others. simple as that.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

and another+to the 360:cool:

and another- to the ps3:lol:

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
I have the game on the PS3 and i don't have any problem with bugs and frame rate problems.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 parkurtommo

almasdeathchild
troll? Yeah I guess I shouldn't visit system wars anymore if everyone is gonna troll like this
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 delta3074

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="abonsabo"]I want to point your attention to this Neogaf thread, where there are thousands of angry gamers complaining about the same thing. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453208 In the PS3 version of Skyrim the game starts to suffer extreme lag and frame rate problems the further you progress in the game due to a bug that has to do with a save issue. I'm tired of these lazy ports on the PS3. I have had to miss out on some of the best games this generation like Bayonetta and Skyrim on the PS3 because developers have made the PS3 an afterthought. Why won't you let this console live up to it's potential? Why is the 360 the prioritized development platform when PS3 is the most powerful one! It's sickening!killu-later

you still believe the ps3 is more powerful by a small amount? what game shows this, Uncharted? As a PS3 only gamer, I can tell you that Uncharted isnothing special at all. you can do good things by rendering in a linear environment with few enemies on screen, cheap Alpha effects, cheap foliage and jaggied shadows. All which Killzone and gears do beter by a mile

john carmack stated that the Ps3 is marginally more powerful it was just incredibly hard to reach that potential,john carmack is a developer god and i would trust his word over anybody on this board, he knows more about hardware than most people in the industry, he is not vain, he is not egotistical and if he says anything you can pretty much take it to the bank, also i would have to say that UC3 is marginally better looking than gears 3 and this is coming from somebody who actually prefers the 360 to the ps3, i am no fanboy and i see things the way they are.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
So glad I play on PC and not the consoles.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DragonfireXZ95
I have the game on the PS3 and i don't have any problem with bugs and frame rate problems.AtariKidX
Prove it then, you always say that but never back it up. Prove that you're 20+ hours in, then play the game for us in a video and go to 3 places with no framerate problems.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 parkurtommo
[QUOTE="AtariKidX"]I have the game on the PS3 and i don't have any problem with bugs and frame rate problems.DragonfireXZ95
Prove it then, you always say that but never back it up. Prove that you're 20+ hours in, then play the game for us in a video and go to 3 places with no framerate problems.

just 20 hours? Damn I thought it was like 100+ hours, I guess I really should wait for the patch
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

parkurtommo

troll? Yeah I guess I shouldn't visit system wars anymore if everyone is gonna troll like this

not even people rant on how the ps3 is better than the 360 at everything this is just another knife in their ego im simply applying the salt in the wound :lol:

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 aia89
Member since 2009 • 2828 Posts
[QUOTE="AtariKidX"]I have the game on the PS3 and i don't have any problem with bugs and frame rate problems.DragonfireXZ95

he's just a troll, let him be.
AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AtariKidX
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="AtariKidX"]I have the game on the PS3 and i don't have any problem with bugs and frame rate problems.aia89

he's just a troll, let him be.

I am a "troll" because i have the game on the PS3 and i don't have any problem.......??lol
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 delta3074

not everbody is having these problems, when i go to the bethesda forums there are a hell of a lot of people complaining about problems with the 360 version like 'cannot read disc' errors, colour draining from the gamescreen, game crashes, downscaled textures and all sorts of other things that cannot even be blamed on peoples 360's being on there way out, i have clocked 65 hours and apart from one crash i have experienced none of these things personally but there are a hell of a lot of people who are, the ps3 memory leak issue is the worst out of all the problems but the truth is that every version is full of more than it's fair share of bugs and problems.
AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AtariKidX
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="AtariKidX"]I have the game on the PS3 and i don't have any problem with bugs and frame rate problems.delta3074

not everbody is having these problems, when i go to the bethesda forums there are a hell of a lot of people complaining about problems with the 360 version like 'cannot read disc' errors, colour draining from the gamescreen, game crashes, downscaled textures and all sorts of other things that cannot even be blamed on peoples 360's being on there way out, i have clocked 65 hours and apart from one crash i have experienced none of these things personally but there are a hell of a lot of people who are, the ps3 memory leak issue is the worst out of all the problems but the truth is that every version is full of more than it's fair share of bugs and problems.

This.I also don't have any problem with the PS3 version........maybe because i have install a new and fast HDD in my PS3.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22679 Posts
Oh you must be referingto the way xbox gamers felt last generation when we got all your gross looking ps2 ports? At least there was no debate last gen which console was more powerful... this gen its debatable.
glimpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#27 glimpus
Member since 2004 • 2306 Posts

[QUOTE="killu-later"]

[QUOTE="delta3074"]fear not, a patch is coming this week to upgrade all versions to 1.2, hopefully this patch will have adressed the problem, bethesda are working very hard to resolve issues on all 3 platforms, most open world bethesda games are seriously buggy at launch but usually get sorted out via patch, do us a favour though, quit with the ps3 is more powerful crap, it is but by such a small amount it's not even worth mentioning.delta3074

john carmack stated that the Ps3 is marginally more powerful it was just incredibly hard to reach that potential,john carmack is a developer god and i would trust his word over anybody on this board, he knows more about hardware than most people in the industry, he is not vain, he is not egotistical and if he says anything you can pretty much take it to the bank, also i would have to say that UC3 is marginally better looking than gears 3 and this is coming from somebody who actually prefers the 360 to the ps3, i am no fanboy and i see things the way they are.

Yeah but, here's the thing, who gives a crap? Both systems are essentially the same thing, except one has blu ray, the other has a better (yet expensive) gaming network. They're essentially the same damn thing, just get whichever you like more.

On top of that, most games are multi-platform and most run and look better on the 360. But seriously, who cares which system is "more powerful" than the other, they're both the same damn thing.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#28 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Yet, 6 years into the gen, ppl keep blaming devs instead of Sony.

Tykain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Tykain
Member since 2008 • 3887 Posts
I have the game on the PS3 and i don't have any problem with bugs and frame rate problems.AtariKidX
I said the same thing for a while, but after 60-80 hours it started getting pretty bad. Now its at a point i can't even go to any town without literaly getting 1 fps. Walking through whiterun looks like a slides show.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 delta3074

PAL360
it's not developers fault, it's SONY's pure and simple, for several reasons, one, the OS on the ps3 is far to large, the 360 has 32MB OS,the ps3 50MB, which gives the 360 a useable memory advantage of 18mb,two, no Edram, the 360 has 10 MB of Edram which has a massive 256gb system bandwidth, a huge advantage,three, an inferior GPU, the RSX is far weaker than the xenos,four, split RAM which causes a bottleneck, BUT, this is where things get tricky,and where SONY made there biggest mistake, the Cell can more than manage the tasks that the RSX cannot handle and can perform better than the 360, but the way it is set up is not cmpatible with traditional developing techniques or engines, quite frankly, as far as third party developers go, it is not worth the extra effort, manpower and money needed to bring third party games up to scratch with the 360 versions of the game, and why should they?, why should they spend extra money and time and effort to bring a game to a console that quite frankly was made difficult to develope for on purpose, the truth is that the ps3 is marginally more powerful than the 360, but putting in the extra money and manpower and frustrating effort to get results is only worth it for SONY first party developers or third party developers who are heavily subsidised and funded by SONY themselves, for other developers it just isn't worth it, it's a waste of time and that's all down to SONY,people can blame developers all they like but the truth is that it's the completely stupid architecture that is not really suitable for gaming without completely rewriting perfectly good engines that is to blame for third party games underperforming on the Ps3 and also to blame are a lot of SONY fanboys who think they are 'entitled' to have games that run equally as well, the truth is, they are not entitled to it,it' sup to the developer which games they put on which console and it's up to them whether they want to put the extra effort in, they are not lazy, they do there jobs, they put the effort in, they are just not prepared to go beyond what is considered a reasonable amount of work, effort and expenditure just to keep a bunch of raving fanboys happy.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 delta3074

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="killu-later"]

glimpus

Yeah but, here's the thing, who gives a crap? Both systems are essentially the same thing, except one has blu ray, the other has a better (yet expensive) gaming network. They're essentially the same damn thing, just get whichever you like more.

On top of that, most games are multi-platform and most run and look better on the 360. But seriously, who cares which system is "more powerful" than the other, they're both the same damn thing.

did you miss my original point to quit with the ps3 is more powerful carp because the difference was so small it wasn't worth noticing? it's in the quote chain you quoted,reading comprehension FTW.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

almasdeathchild

We both have the same quote from destinyDemon on our sig :P

BOT: TC, Jump in :P

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts

I got it for the PS3 but had the lag and clipping problem after like 16hours made the game unplayable I tried everything to fix it but had to trade it in and get it for 360

cant believe they put the game out knowing it would be unplayable after 15+ hours

incuensuocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 incuensuocha
Member since 2009 • 1514 Posts

Prove it? Why should he have to prove anything to you? How dare he suggest he's enjoying the game on his PS3 without major problems. The liar!! I'm a level 19 with a save file at about 6.5Mb and while I have an occasional hiccup, I haven't had any issues that even remotely make the game unplayable. I played for six hours straight two nights ago and didn't have any major issues and didn't have to reset. I suppose I'm just trolling though and I better go out of my way to prove myself to you though. Lol!!
Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

I think the TC is lying.

I mean,a ccording to all the (absolutely unbiased!) consolites on this board console games NEVER HAVE ANY ISSUES. EVER.

Lol!

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AtariKidX

I got it for the PS3 but had the lag and clipping problem after like 16hours made the game unplayable I tried everything to fix it but had to trade it in and get it for 360

cant believe they put the game out knowing it would be unplayable after 15+ hours

onewiththegame
I play the game on the PS3 for 40+hours and i don't have any problem......a few small frame drops but nothing serious.
onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 onewiththegame

[QUOTE="onewiththegame"]

AtariKidX

I play the game on the PS3 for 40+hours and i don't have any problem......a few small frame drops but nothing serious.

guess I'm unlucky cuz my game was unplayable, I'm not bashing the PS3 after playing both games I feel the PS3 one looked the best but I couldn't wait for a patch to make my game playable

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AtariKidX

[QUOTE="AtariKidX"][QUOTE="onewiththegame"]

onewiththegame

guess I'm unlucky cuz my game was unplayable, I'm not bashing the PS3 after playing both games I feel the PS3 one looked the best but I couldn't wait for a patch to make my game playable

The patch it will be out this week.
VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 VensInferno
Member since 2010 • 3395 Posts

Its made by bethseda, what do you expect?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="AtariKidX"]I have the game on the PS3 and i don't have any problem with bugs and frame rate problems.incuensuocha

Prove it? Why should he have to prove anything to you? How dare he suggest he's enjoying the game on his PS3 without major problems. The liar!! I'm a level 19 with a save file at about 6.5Mb and while I have an occasional hiccup, I haven't had any issues that even remotely make the game unplayable. I played for six hours straight two nights ago and didn't have any major issues and didn't have to reset. I suppose I'm just trolling though and I better go out of my way to prove myself to you though. Lol!!

That's actually pretty funny. I guess consoles lose the fact that any game you buy for a console will work no matter what. You guys are right, no checking video drivers, no patches to fix problems, also, some of you can't even play the game! :lol:
el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

PAL360

If it really were their fault then every singly game released on the PS3 would be as bad as all the Bethesda games.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

what's the deal here were you born yesterday?

how can it possibly be a surprise that the ps3 version would be the worst one?

we have only seen the ps3 have lower quality multiplats 90% of the time. (give or take a few percentage points)

they never even fixed the game breaker in fallout on ps3.

lets repeat that just so we are clear here.

they. never. fixed. the. fallout. gamebreaking. bug.

how much more clear can things be for people?

incuensuocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 incuensuocha
Member since 2009 • 1514 Posts
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="incuensuocha"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"] Prove it then, you always say that but never back it up. Prove that you're 20+ hours in, then play the game for us in a video and go to 3 places with no framerate problems.

That's actually pretty funny. I guess consoles lose the fact that any game you buy for a console will work no matter what. You guys are right, no checking video drivers, no patches to fix problems, also, some of you can't even play the game! :lol:

Wtf are you talking about? What does anything I said have anything to do with the PC? I in no way dispute that the PC is the best way to experience Skyrim, but I still don't know what that has anything to do with my ability to enjoy Skyrim on my PS3.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#44 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

el3m2tigre

If it really were their fault then every singly game released on the PS3 would be as bad as all the Bethesda games.

Not saying PS3 is not as capable as 360, but games need more time and dedication to reach the same results. Those unintelligent hardware decisions are obviously not devs fault.

Kankaseni1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Kankaseni1
Member since 2011 • 89 Posts

That s how PC gamers have been feeling for the past six years.

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 onewiththegame

[QUOTE="onewiththegame"]

[QUOTE="AtariKidX"] I play the game on the PS3 for 40+hours and i don't have any problem......a few small frame drops but nothing serious.AtariKidX

The patch it will be out this week.

I know but that would have been over a week of sitting and wishing I could play this great game so I bit the bullet and traded it in and got it for 360

metal_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 metal_zombie
Member since 2004 • 2288 Posts
What a Bethesda game buggy I can't believe it...
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
I blame no one but Bethesda about this situation. If they can't make a working game on PS3, they shouldn't even bother porting their games to that system. Blaming the system makes no sense at all when other multiplat games work just as well on PS3 as on XB360.
UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
And at first people were trying to scare me out of preordering the 360 version. =D
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts

its not bad ports, its ps3's inherent **** memory management where every cpu has its own local memory which means complications for dev's.