Very interesting article on Edge review scores

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xalaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Xalaten
Member since 2006 • 965 Posts

It shows what I, and many others, have known all along.

Notice the data in this article is an inarguable fact. You are free to form your own opinions on that data, but it is pretty damning.

N4G.com : Does a game's platform influence its EDGE score?

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

We have know this since the guy on here posted his chart. It's so obvious now it's not funny. This guy went into alot greater length though so I commend him. Edge is biased toward the 360 end of story. The same BS they call on Ps3 exclusives they conveniently forget on 360 exclusives.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
fanboy blog doesn't mean anything but venomous rage trying to prove a point through flawed data
KittenWishes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KittenWishes
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts
Its not very interesting, its a gigantic fanboy rant.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Espada12

fanboy blog doesn't mean anything but venomous rage trying to prove a point through flawed datablue_hazy_basic

The data isn't flawed to be honest. It maybe a fanboy blog but doesn't make it any less true.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]fanboy blog doesn't mean anything but venomous rage trying to prove a point through flawed dataEspada12

The data isn't flawed to be honest. It maybe a fanboy blog but doesn't make it any less true.

yes it is flawed and yes it does make it less true
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Espada12

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]fanboy blog doesn't mean anything but venomous rage trying to prove a point through flawed datablue_hazy_basic

Explain how please? Also if I was a fanboy and wrote the 360 has an extremely high fail rate does that somehow not make it true?

BigBoss154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BigBoss154
Member since 2009 • 2956 Posts

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]fanboy blog doesn't mean anything but venomous rage trying to prove a point through flawed datablue_hazy_basic

It's not flawed if it provides accurate statistics, which it does.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="Espada12"]

Espada12

Explain how please? Also if I was a fanboy and wrote the 360 has an extremely high fail rate does that somehow not make it true?

Jesus, you can use slanted statistics to make any case you want. Metacritic consistently uses scores for PS3 exclusives that are slanted - Case in point PS3 exclusives are 12 pts higher on average on metacritic than Edge therefore metacritic is biased. :roll:

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="BigBoss154"]

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="Espada12"]

It provides numbers that the blogger wants to use to make a point, thats not the same thing
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Espada12

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] yes it is flawed and yes it does make it less trueblue_hazy_basic

Jesus, you can use slanted statistics to make any case you want. Metacritic consistently uses scores for PS3 exclusives that are slanted - Case in point PS3 exclusives are 12 pts higher on average on metacritic than Edge therefore metacritic is biased. :roll:

Wow that's some logic you got there, it's not as though metacritic is a collection of everyone else scores.....

Xalaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Xalaten
[QUOTE="Espada12"]

That data is an inarguable fact. It is not flawed at all. Just because you say something is flawed, twice, doesn't make it so. This type of "arguing" never works. Someone has presented perfectly factual data, compiled them into easy to read graphs, and since THAT cannot be attacked in any reasonable way, the best you can come up with is it's flawed? Sorry. I can eat a million bananas and say they are carrots but that doesn't make them carrots.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Espada12

[QUOTE="BigBoss154"]

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] yes it is flawed and yes it does make it less trueblue_hazy_basic

It provides numbers that the blogger wants to use to make a point, thats not the same thing

What? Did you even read the thing? He took the top 30 of each system and even counted 360/PC games as exclusives he even included multiplats. How is that selective choosing?

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

Espada12

Wow that's some logic you got there, it's not as though metacritic is a collection of everyone else scores.....

*facepalm* lol I'm not saying metacritic is biased for goodness sake, only pointing out that by using a set a numbers of my choosingI can make a case for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

I like how the conclusion of this article is that "EDGE scores can not be taken at face value." I don't take ANY review scores at face value. I think anyone who does follow review scores/grades isn't any more credible than the very people they are accusing of bias in the first place.

Anyone with a brain should READ THE REVIEW ARTICLES and then take the pros and cons of the game and think about how it would affect their own experience.

Xalaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Xalaten
[QUOTE="BigBoss154"]

It provided the top 10, top 20 and top 30 games from multi, 360 and PS3. It could not possibly have been more fair without becoming bloated (like using top 50 etc). On top of that, your statement about metacritic doesn't work. Meta is an aggregate. An aggregate will always be more fair and balanced than a single opinion by definition because it's an average. Metacritic can't really be biased unless they were weighting certain sites that favored one platform higher (which they may actually do but no one knows).
KingsMessenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KingsMessenger
Member since 2009 • 2574 Posts

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]fanboy blog doesn't mean anything but venomous rage trying to prove a point through flawed dataEspada12

It is inherently flawed given the scoring system employed by EDGE. Sometime as simple as the week that a game is scored could drop the scores from EDGE because they do not have a single scoring criteria beyond "Whatever you feel like giving it."

For all we know, Sony could send review copies to PS3 exclusives towards the end of the magazine cycle when the EDGE reviewers are under a lot more stress and would be more easily aggravated.

Also, all this proves is a correlation, not a causation. Until you can prove a causal link between the platform and the score, all you have here is an ultimately insignificant trend. The meat behind a review in EDGE is what is written. Can't say that for a number of other review sources, but it IS the case for EDGE.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts
[QUOTE="BigBoss154"]

My thoughts exactly, and I agree with everything you've said in this thread. By the way, they gave LBP a 10.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Espada12

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] Jesus, you can use slanted statistics to make any case you want. Metacritic consistently uses scores for PS3 exclusives that are slanted - Case in point PS3 exclusives are 12 pts higher on average on metacritic than Edge therefore metacritic is biased. :roll:

blue_hazy_basic

*facepalm* lol I'm not saying metacritic is biased for goodness sake, only pointing out that by using a set a numbers of my choosingI can make a case for it.

I wasn't either, you seem to try to make it seem as though metacritic was one reviewer hence you stating "PS3 exclusives are 12 pts higher on average on metacritic than edge therefore metacritic was biased". Which is why I said that's some nice logic there..

Xalaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Xalaten

I like how the conclusion of this article is that "EDGE scores can not be taken at face value." I don't take ANY review scores at face value. I think anyone who does follow review scores/grades isn't any more credible than the very people they are accusing of bias in the first place.

Anyone with a brain should READ THE REVIEW ARTICLES and then take the pros and cons of the game and think about how it would affect their own experience.

ZIMdoom
The problem is many consumers do not have brains. They only look at the meta to see what a great game is. On top of that, many publishers use the metascore in commercials and whatnot to sell their games. It does help or they would not use it.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Espada12

ZIMdoom

This is nice and all to say but in reality we know alot of people just look at scores...

88mphSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 88mphSlayer
Member since 2010 • 3201 Posts

the part i immediately disagree with is when he compares a site's scores to metacritic averages

particularly because using averages negates whether Edge is clearly unique in their scoring or not, ie: if Edge and 10 other websites feel X game sucks, but 20 websites feel X game rocks their socks off, the average will end up looking bad for Edge

i also think it's a disservice towards the value of personal opinion, since an average of genuinely made-up scores (since very few websites use any kind of mathematical/scientific method for scoring) can vary from site to site just simply based on who it is doing the judging, a score is always simply attached as a "generalization" of a review, but it's always the content of a review that matters more

Xalaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Xalaten

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]fanboy blog doesn't mean anything but venomous rage trying to prove a point through flawed dataKingsMessenger

It is inherently flawed given the scoring system employed by EDGE. Sometime as simple as the week that a game is scored could drop the scores from EDGE because they do not have a single scoring criteria beyond "Whatever you feel like giving it."

For all we know, Sony could send review copies to PS3 exclusives towards the end of the magazine cycle when the EDGE reviewers are under a lot more stress and would be more easily aggravated.

Also, all this proves is a correlation, not a causation. Until you can prove a causal link between the platform and the score, all you have here is an ultimately insignificant trend. The meat behind a review in EDGE is what is written. Can't say that for a number of other review sources, but it IS the case for EDGE.

The problem is that final number has an effect in advertising, the meta score and certain public perception. whether Edge likes it or not, that is truth. Thus, they should be a bit more responsible with their reviewing trends. Also, if you do cursory glances at the other big sites, Gamespot, IGN (not Gametrailers, if you look at them they do a similar thing as Edge) most of them are very even with their reviews of multi, 360 and PS3 games. There are not downward trends for PS3 games and upward trends for 360 games. They are something Edge (and to a lesser extend, Gametrailers) are not. Consistent.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="BigBoss154"]

Xalaten

It provided the top 10, top 20 and top 30 games from multi, 360 and PS3. It could not possibly have been more fair without becoming bloated (like using top 50 etc). On top of that, your statement about metacritic doesn't work. Meta is an aggregate. An aggregate will always be more fair and balanced than a single opinion by definition because it's an average. Metacritic can't really be biased unless they were weighting certain sites that favored one platform higher (which they may actually do but no one knows).

Metacritic chooses which reviews, again I'm not saying its biased at all, I'm saying you can make it appear so. Fanboys see conspiracies everywhere, and you can use small numbers for statistics or coincidences in every facet of life to make things that aren't connected appear so.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Espada12

the part i immediately disagree with is when he compares a site's scores to metacritic averages

particularly because using averages negates whether Edge is clearly unique in their scoring or not, ie: if Edge and 10 other websites feel X game sucks, but 20 websites feel X game rocks their socks off, the average will end up looking bad for Edge

i also think it's a disservice towards the value of personal opinion, since an average of genuinely made-up scores (since very few websites use any kind of mathematical/scientific method for scoring) can vary from site to site just simply based on who it is doing the judging

88mphSlayer

The thing is edge is not unique in their scoring unless it's a PS3 exclusive, their review scores for 360 exclusives either fall in line or exceed metacritic's average, so it's not matter of they have a different review style.

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts

Wow, cry me a river. Theyre entitled to their opinions.

dog_dirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dog_dirt
Member since 2009 • 2813 Posts

EDGE pre dates this generation. so were they biased against the PS2 or PS or N64 or Saturn. or have they just decided to become biased against the PS3 for a laugh.

or is this fatuous paranoia?

KingsMessenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KingsMessenger

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="BigBoss154"]

Xalaten

Metascoring is broken because it fails to account for reviewing scales, review content, or any number of other factors. It is good at showing trends, but do not try to pretend that a metascore from one platform can be accurately compared to a metascore from another platform. Or even comparing game to game for that matter. It just isn't reliable for a direct comparison.

Xalaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Xalaten

i also think it's a disservice towards the value of personal opinion, since an average of genuinely made-up scores (since very few websites use any kind of mathematical/scientific method for scoring) can vary from site to site just simply based on who it is doing the judging

88mphSlayer
Which would be fine if only a couple games were on average less for PS3 than multis and 360. I could get that. When almost all of them are much lower though, it becomes something much more than a simple coincidence. It then becomes a trend and most people will tell you trends aren't coincidence, there is a cause. What that cause is I don't know, but Edge FACTUALLY scores the top 30 PS3 exclusives more than 7 points less than the top 30 360 exclusives. To the person who brought up Little Big Planet, it was made by Media Molecule. A british dev (which are actually somewhat rare in big name games). That could be chalked up to country pride.
Xalaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Xalaten

EDGE pre dates this generation. so were they biased against the PS2 or PS or N64 or Saturn. or have they just decided to become biased against the PS3 for a laugh.

dog_dirt
Look, lets be fair here. Last generation the PS2 owned the UK. This generation the 360 owns UK. Drastically. THAT is where the advertising dollars are. THAT is where the sales are. Edge is an industry magazine. Microsoft, in the UK, almost dominates the industry. You do the math.
KingsMessenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KingsMessenger

[QUOTE="KingsMessenger"]

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

Xalaten

The problem is that final number has an effect in advertising, the meta score and certain public perception. whether Edge likes it or not, that is truth. Thus, they should be a bit more responsible with their reviewing trends. Also, if you do cursory glances at the other big sites, Gamespot, IGN (not Gametrailers, if you look at them they do a similar thing as Edge) most of them are very even with their reviews of multi, 360 and PS3 games. There are not downward trends for PS3 games and upward trends for 360 games. They are something Edge (and to a lesser extend, Gametrailers) are not. Consistent.

EDGE tried to drop giving games scores all together but people complained and moaned for months. So, they brought it back. They just don't take it seriously at all. So cry me a river. EDGE doesn't want to give scores in the first place, but fanboys demanded that scores come back, so now they just throw gut reaction scores at games. If that causes a "negative effect" then people should get over it. There is significant proof that metascores have no substantial effect on the long term success of a game. So it really doesn't matter to ANYONE, except for the fanboys who want to compare insignificant data so they can prove that they are "better than each other"

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

I suggest everyone dons tin foil hats before Edge starts to affect us all!

Xalaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Xalaten

[QUOTE="Xalaten"][QUOTE="KingsMessenger"]

KingsMessenger

EDGE tried to drop giving games scores all together but people complained and moaned for months. So, they brought it back. They just don't take it seriously at all. So cry me a river. EDGE doesn't want to give scores in the first place, but fanboys demanded that scores come back, so now they just throw gut reaction scores at games. If that causes a "negative effect" then people should get over it. There is significant proof that metascores have no substantial effect on the long term success of a game.

I'm not doing the research because it would take way too long but I'd be willing to bet that on average 90+ games on metacritic sell more than 80 - 89 while those sell more than 70 - 79 etc.
88mphSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 88mphSlayer
Member since 2010 • 3201 Posts

[QUOTE="88mphSlayer"]

Espada12

The thing is edge is not unique in their scoring unless it's a PS3 exclusive, their review scores for 360 exclusives either fall in line or exceed metacritic's average, so it's not matter of they have a different review style.

the problem is the guy shows zero evidence that Edge is unique in their scoring of ps3 exclusives

nor does it negate the fact that Edge is not unique in downscoring 360 exclusives either

whether or not there is someinherentbias, maybe, all sites and publications are reviewing based on personal opinion, but i think it has less to do with personal taste in console and more to do with personal taste in games, as they've given higher than average scores for the PS3 as well

KingsMessenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KingsMessenger

[QUOTE="dog_dirt"]

Xalaten

Look, lets be fair here. Last generation the PS2 owned the UK. This generation the 360 owns UK. Drastically. THAT is where the advertising dollars are. THAT is where the sales are. Edge is an industry magazine. Microsoft, in the UK, almost dominates the industry. You do the math.

Most of EDGE's subscriptions are international subscriptions. They have a following in the UK, but it is HARDLY their primary market. Not just that, but the vast majority of their subscribers are industry insiders that don't really care about the entire fanboyish war going on.

KingsMessenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KingsMessenger

[QUOTE="KingsMessenger"]

[QUOTE="Xalaten"]

EDGE tried to drop giving games scores all together but people complained and moaned for months. So, they brought it back. They just don't take it seriously at all. So cry me a river. EDGE doesn't want to give scores in the first place, but fanboys demanded that scores come back, so now they just throw gut reaction scores at games. If that causes a "negative effect" then people should get over it. There is significant proof that metascores have no substantial effect on the long term success of a game.

Xalaten

I'm not doing the research because it would take way too long but I'd be willing to bet that on average 90+ games on metacritic sell more than 80 - 89 while those sell more than 70 - 79 etc.

correlation not causation. Seriously, PLEASE learn the difference. Seriously... If you think that the freaking metascore is the deciding factor on whether or not most people purchase a game.... Well, I can't help you if you think that.

Edit - Added a wikipedia link that I think rather accurately sums up how correlation does not prove causation. Just because data trends align does not mean that they are directly linked. There are numerous other factors involved, and unless you can isolate two variables to compare data trends, all you have is two similar data sets that mean nothing statistically or scientifically.

Perfect Quote

With a decrease in the number of pirates, there has been an increase in global warming over the same period.Therefore, global warming is caused by a lack of piratesWikipedia

Kan0nF0dder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Kan0nF0dder
Member since 2009 • 1962 Posts

I think it's a little unfair to be crying 'tinfoil hats!' over this....the data seems pretty sound. I'm not suggesting Microsoft is in league with Edge, but is it really impossible that Edge employs a few 360 fanboys...no, no it's not.

tok1879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tok1879
Member since 2005 • 1537 Posts

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]fanboy blog doesn't mean anything but venomous rage trying to prove a point through flawed dataKingsMessenger

I don't think logic is your friend. On topic. I'm trying to find a hole in his presentation even though i pretty much agree with it, but i can't seem to find any. Can anyone come up with any suggestions? Something that doesn't have to do with what week of the month certain game exclusives are being reviewed.
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

[QUOTE="ZIMdoom"]

Espada12

This is nice and all to say but in reality we know alot of people just look at scores...

I don't care if everyone on earth does it...it is ridiculous and makes zero sense. I mean, who cares if Edge gives some PS3 game a lower score than other sites. This is the internet. If you care that much about scores, there are a million websites out there reviewing the exact same game. So why would anyone think EDGE is the authority?

Even in SW, what is the worst case scenario of EDGE being baised? Some fanboy saying to another faboy "Well, EDGE says that game sucks compared to 360"? My response would be, "So?"

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
The data in the article is correct, yes, but data is still just data. Honestly, I think it's just a coincidence. Edge have praised Ps3 plenty, not just in the review section either.
KingsMessenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KingsMessenger

[QUOTE="KingsMessenger"]

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

tok1879

I don't think logic is your friend. On topic. I'm trying to find a hole in his presentation even though i pretty much agree with it, but i can't seem to find any. Can anyone come up with any suggestions? Something that doesn't have to do with what week of the month certain game exclusives are being reviewed.

LOGIC IS NOT MY FRIEND? Seriously, take a freaking science or statistics class.

"Since the 1950s, both the atmospheric CO2 level and crime levels have increased sharply.

Hence, atmospheric CO2 causes crime."

How is that logical? That is EXACTLY what the blog is doing and exactly what the person I quoted was doing.

Just because two data sets have correlating trends does NOT mean that they are linked.

KingsMessenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 KingsMessenger

The data in the article is correct, yes, but data is still just data. Honestly, I think it's just a coincidence. Edge have praised Ps3 plenty, not just in the review section either.angelkimne

Thank you, someone else who knows the difference between correlation and causation.

tok1879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tok1879

i also think it's a disservice towards the value of personal opinion, since an average of genuinely made-up scores (since very few websites use any kind of mathematical/scientific method for scoring) can vary from site to site just simply based on who it is doing the judging, a score is always simply attached as a "generalization" of a review, but it's always the content of a review that matters more

88mphSlayer
Dude, read it again. He acknowledges that their scores for ALL games are below the metacritic average, hence the Edge being "harsher" comment. After that he compared Edge reviews of ps3 games to that of metacritic and did the same for the 360 and multiplats. It came out that on average, the 360 reviews are closer to their metacritic reviews than multiplats or ps3.
DaViD_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DaViD_99
Member since 2007 • 2496 Posts
Oh God...
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#45 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts
Hmm,EDGE related discussions seem to be quite prevalent on SW the last few days. Just let it go guys.
KingsMessenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 KingsMessenger

[QUOTE="88mphSlayer"]

tok1879

Dude, read it again. He acknowledges that their scores for ALL games are below the metacritic average, hence the Edge being "harsher" comment. After that he compared Edge reviews of ps3 games to that of metacritic and did the same for the 360 and multiplats. It came out that on average, the 360 reviews are closer to their metacritic reviews than multiplats or ps3.

yet again... there are too many other variables for him to make a statement like "EDGE is biased against the PS3."

When he figures out how to isolate all the other factors, THEN he will have an argument. Until then, he just has a mountain of useless, insignificant data.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Statistics class should be mandatory. This is not factual evidence that proves a bias at all.
KingsMessenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 KingsMessenger

[QUOTE="KingsMessenger"]

[QUOTE="tok1879"] I don't think logic is your friend. On topic. I'm trying to find a hole in his presentation even though i pretty much agree with it, but i can't seem to find any. Can anyone come up with any suggestions? Something that doesn't have to do with what week of the month certain game exclusives are being reviewed.tok1879

LOGIC IS NOT MY FRIEND? Seriously, take a freaking science or statistics class.

"Since the 1950s, both the atmospheric CO2 level and crime levels have increased sharply.

Hence, atmospheric CO2 causes crime."

How is that logical? That is EXACTLY what the blog is doing and exactly what the person I quoted was doing.

Just because two data sets have correlating trends does NOT mean that they are linked.

Too late. I have. And i repeat. LOGIC iS NOT YOUR FRIEND!! Do I see a straw somewhere in that quote?

Please explain what is wrong with my statements? Honestly? I am just dying to hear what you have to say.

tok1879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tok1879

[QUOTE="tok1879"][QUOTE="88mphSlayer"]

KingsMessenger

yet again... there are too many other variables for him to make a statement like "EDGE is biased against the PS3."

When he figures out how to isolate all the other factors, THEN he will have an argument. Until then, he just has a mountain of useless, insignificant data.

I agree that he shouldn't have come to a full conclusion like, as I would have been reluctant to do so. I'ld have let everyone used the vital organ in their skull to come to their conclusions. But can you explain to me how the data is useless or insignificant? And if YOU were to conduct a test like this, how exactly would you go about it, sir?