Uncharted 4 raises the bar for its genre.

• 188 results
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44087 Posts

lol

:P

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By panda30
Member since 2016 • 941 Posts

@ellos said:

@panda30:

The problem is like UC4, neither of those games invented or did the things your thinking about that other games before them didn't (Stealth and Cover shooter respectively). MGS interaction with the console was something else though cant argue there. Gears is by far the king of cover shooters but, it didn't invent that it just did it very well in its design and style. Like you though I would call those more revolutionary for that. I think your doing the usual excuse Uncharted game because you think something along the lines of Gears invented cover shooters forget what Uncharted is good at perhaps.

The argument for UC4 here though is that it does story telling the best in its genre. It just by design does it very well. From its attention to detail to character base interaction during gameplay. Its just got that style down for how you incorporate story telling in games elevated by improvements from its maker. The style raises the standard IMO in this aspect is better then those games. That should say something. Fair criticism is the gameplay is not like the best tps shooters out there but its actually very good. Its stealth is not MGS and not very deep but an added element that actually showcases some of its attention to detail.

Its a fantastic game as a total package. Could have pulled more people in if it had cut back on traversal gameplay and added more encounters (I didn't mind). Or the more sections of what I call traversal encounters which I thought combining with stealth highlighted some uniqueness to the game. The things that the game already has. This is slightly different but like UC2 a nice packaged Uncharted game.

1) gears dint make the cover system but it rase the bar on it in fact before gears the best cover 3rd person sistem was winback

2) uncharted 4 story attention to detail? you mean as in UC3 I am a only child to UC4 hey brother LOOK DUDE its a good story but it far from rasing a bar on story telling its a simple adv story at best

3) your saying UC4 stelth is not as good as mgs but mgs stelth its not even that good to beging wit its adv when compare to Hitman or Splinter cell

My point RASING THE BAR its to do what others done better and none UNCHARTED4 aspects are better then in other games its just a good over all game dont get me wrong UC4 is one of the best games this gen but that dont make it grundbraking

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#104 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@Seabas989: what sort of things in your opinion? And yeah, I'm gonna play RotR soon too, but after Uncharted 4, that's a lot to live up too.

Will do later today when I have the time. The official thread had some interesting debates and criticism of the game so I definitely want to give my 2 cents.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

Its a game you play once and then throw away.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Game of the gen, one of the greatest of all time and lems are so bitter LMAOO

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#107 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

I DON'T EVEN OWN UNCHARTED 4 LMAOOOOO

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Douevenlift_bro

@Blabadon said:
@Douevenlift_bro said:

I DON'T EVEN OWN UNCHARTED 4 LMAOOOOO

I do.. and a PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Genesis. SDC/SEGA All day biatch

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Blabadon

@Douevenlift_bro: then post your impressions in the Uncharted 4 thread.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

It surely does, there's no question about this!!!

Jagoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#111  Edited By Jagoff
Member since 2016 • 515 Posts

I wouldn't say it's as strong as the hype suggests, but it really has been a great experience thus far (currently on chapter 12), and certainly pushes the technical envelope in more ways than one.

More importantly however, this is the first time I've played an Uncharted game where there's a legitimate sense of player agency. When it comes to the climbing/platforming, they've managed to fit in some wildly creative segments, especially with the help of the rope mechanic. On top of the strong mechanical improvements, the combat is thoughtfully open ended which ties in beautifully with the more elaborate stealth system. There's this fine balance between gameplay and story, and for the first time this feels like cinematic gaming done correctly.

I've never been a fan of the series, but I can't help but be impressed with UC4

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@panda30 said:

1) gears dint make the cover system but it rase the bar on it in fact before gears the best cover 3rd person sistem was winback

2) uncharted 4 story attention to detail? you mean as in UC3 I am a only child to UC4 hey brother LOOK DUDE its a good story but it far from rasing a bar on story telling its a simple adv story at best

3) your saying UC4 stelth is not as good as mgs but mgs stelth its not even that good to beging wit its adv when compare to Hitman or Splinter cell

My point RASING THE BAR its to do what others done better and none UNCHARTED4 aspects are better then in other games its just a good over all game dont get me wrong UC4 is one of the best games this gen but that dont make it grundbraking

Some will say Kill Switch is even more closer to the cover shooters of these games. I think you get the point in that aspect.

UC4 didn't event story telling in video games let alone in its genre. If someone or heck even other devs look at the attention to detail and say wow UC4 raises the bar you get the point. It doesnt make it the best story out there infact some games with poor execution have really good stories. They praise it for its design technique and execution. Attention to detail from cinematics performances to character interactions during gameplay. The whole design of how the story is told.

Stealth mechanics like levels of stealth and markings from MGS5 and other games, doesn't go deep enough but fits in with its encounter and it exist as a choice. Stealth is actually my quip about it also. Doesn't have to be UC4 versus every game, or be like this game be like that game to be good.

For some people story telling here is better then other games on the genre. This should not be looked at as it hurts Gears or what Gears did for the genre.

Its a great game it raises the bar in that regard in its genre. Its a fair opinion.

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Douevenlift_bro

@Blabadon said:

@Douevenlift_bro: then post your impressions in the Uncharted 4 thread.

My brother has ;).

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Blabadon

@Douevenlift_bro: ?

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#115 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@Cloud_imperium: No, since you avoided much of that talk for a while since QB came about and you know I'm not going to go back 6 months just to dig up something stupid.

I didn't mean it as an insult....I was just wondering what made this game so special to that you didn't mind the whole movie game thing.

You're being defensive.

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 panda30

I love to see an exaple of how UC4 rasing the bar

it seems to me you people are just deprive of good games Cinematics whit good acting are all over now a days if you ask me QB do it much better then UC4

low res video but you get the point and oh that in game character models

MINOR SPOILERS (watch at your owne risk )

Loading Video...

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#117 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Have yet to play the game , they are the king in this genre and they only have one competitor atm ...so "raising the bar" here doesn't come off as an "accomplishment" or sth to me tbh

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By ellos
@panda30 said:

I love to see an exaple of how UC4 rasing the bar

it seems to me you people are just deprive of good games Cinematics whit good acting are all over now a days if you ask me QB do it much better then UC4

low res video but you get the point and oh that in game character models

MINOR SPOILERS (watch at your owne risk )

As people who played both games. I respectfully disagree. QB is excelent and attempts some bold techniques with live action episodes in this day and age, but I thought the story was told better in UC4. Without hophely spoiling to anyone. I would say in terms of well performed cinematic UC4 just has these everywhere. From the scene at home with elena. Nun and young Nate. Auction with Sully, Rafe, and Nadine to Confrontations with Elena and other characters. All sorts of different moods. We don't even have to pick areas the entire cinematics is excelent and performed very very well everywhere with powerful scenes. There companion paring gameplay mechanic enhances these where what happened in cinematics bleeds in to character interactions during gameplay. You have played UC4, you should have plenty of examples. If it didn't do it for you its OK. The entire game is captivated by how the story is told. The aspect that really put this game up there. QB is good and does not deprive me of this stuff from such a game as UC4.

vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 vespuche
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

I am on my third playthrough. Playing around with the modifiers.

Cell Shading, bullet time, infinite ammo.

Game is awesome. :)

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

@panda30: After playing UC4, those QB facial animations are so last gen.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#121 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@Martin_G_N said:

Indeed, not to mention its a multi plat.

and 10>6

Uncharted 4 is the REAL console exclusive graphics KING and even DF says so.

Uncharted 4 is also the current gen 8 exclusive AAAAe KING too.

SONY wins again.

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By panda30

@Heil68 said:
@Martin_G_N said:

Indeed, not to mention its a multi plat.

and 10>6

Uncharted 4 is the REAL console exclusive graphics KING and even DF says so.

Uncharted 4 is also the current gen 8 exclusive AAAAe KING too.

SONY wins again.

UC4 (cinematics vs QB ) (gameplay)

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Heil68

@panda30:

Thanks for proving my point. I'll save pics for future ownage to whoever doesnt save Uncharted 4 is console graphics KING.

awwww yeahhhh

Here's one for you too, post that to TimDawg and rile him up ;)

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 panda30

really bull shots the actual game was vastly downgraded

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#125 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Cloud_imperium: No, since you avoided much of that talk for a while since QB came about and you know I'm not going to go back 6 months just to dig up something stupid.

I didn't mean it as an insult....I was just wondering what made this game so special to that you didn't mind the whole movie game thing.

You're being defensive.

If you can't show me a comment where I used the term "movie game" then STFU and stop making things up.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#126 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

Uncharted 4 is probably the biggest disappointment I've had in all my years of gaming. I didn't enjoy it and that's quite hard for me to say because I love the other Uncharted games and Last of Us is one of my all time favourite games.

U4 looks amazing and it has a good story but it just isn't a good game.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By ellos

@panda30: This is where I take my leave. I thought the discussions were great but shit is starting to get stupid now.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

I see Uncharted 4 is still causing a lot of crazy butthurt for the lems lol.

Quantum Flop is nothing but a flop. Remedy wishes they were genre-leading AAAA devs like Naughty Gods.

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 panda30

@quadknight said:

I see Uncharted 4 is still causing a lot of crazy butthurt for the lems lol.

Quantum Flop is nothing but a flop. Remedy wishes they were genre-leading AAAA devs like Naughty Gods.

and this is why this hapens sony fanboys like you are just 1 trac mind delucional who think ("what I like its what everone shood like or die") the flop as you call it its the best seling new IP

uncharted 4 its grate thats not my debate here at all but its not rasing the bar on anything for 2 pages I been asking and all I goten its

(its just is)

(why?)

(cus I say so )

fallow by pre game bullshots

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@Cloud_imperium said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

You're being defensive.

If you can't show me a comment where I used the term "movie game" then STFU and stop making things up.

Lucky you....no one is going to dig back old posts from 6 months ago when you ppl called you out for hyping QB which is the same type of movie game as the UC series.

Again...you don't have to be mad. I never intended it to be an insult.

But you getting so personal probably means you're offended b/c it's true.

So.....you STFU!!!! RAWR!!!!!

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By QuadKnight

@panda30: Hahahaha!! Cry moar!!

10/10 GS, 93 MC

Your tears and anguish only sustain me. UC4 is going to win all the GOTY awards while you cry in a corner butthurt with Quantum Flop's 6/10 and broken dreams. Quantum Flop debuted at #7 in NPD and was utterly destroyed by R&C in sales.

"The highest selling new IP!!11"

WTF is that supposed to mean when you still flopped in scores and sales.

Your fanboy delusions and opinions mean nothing . The fans and critics have spoken, UC4 is another genre leader from the same god-tier devs who brought us TLOU.

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 panda30

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

You're being defensive.

Lucky you....no one is going to dig back old posts from 6 months ago when you ppl called you out for hyping QB which is the same type of movie game as the UC series.

Again...you don't have to be mad. I never intended it to be an insult.

But you getting so personal probably means you're offended b/c it's true.

So.....you STFU!!!! RAWR!!!!!

not mad just curios and stun to how people can belive something so much to the point of beliving things that are not there like claming it rasing the bar on steath or adventure games

I personaly was not here for QB on gamespot but I dout anione say it was rasing the bar

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18799 Posts

@x-2tha-z:"U4 looks amazing and it has a good story but it just isn't a good game."

What happened?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Heil68

Feel sorry for 6/10 QB then..lol

Digital Foundry Calls Uncharted 4 a ‘Technological Powerhouse’

@panda30 said:

really bull shots the actual game was vastly downgraded

Given Naughty Dog’s reputation, it should be no surprise thatUncharted 4: A Thief’s End is a visual showcase, but an in-depth report from Digital Foundry suggests that the game’s tech makes a crucial step forward.

A new report from Digital Foundry, published on Eurogamer yesterday, suggests that the game “delivers a genuine step advance in real-time rendering on console hardware.” Between its unmatched image quality, its excellent approach to character rendering and animation, and its dense and detailed environments, Uncharted 4 is a showcase from every angle.

Digital Foundry douses the graphics of Uncharted 4 with praise, but notes that the visuals aren’t just superficial, contrasting A Thief’s End with titles like Ryse and The Order: 1886. The report states that graphical fidelity doesn’t hamstring any other area of the experience, and the gameplay actually expands upon previous Uncharted games.

Funny, cant find the same accolades on QB, keep posting those pics, but stay HAPPY!

Sony wins AGAIN

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By panda30

lol DF are all sony fan site they downgrade everthing xbox

look at DF PIC VS REAL GAME PIC

Edit: even better same stage

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Blabadon

@quadknight: really? Where do you see that?

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Mr_Huggles_dog

I will say this:

It's actually better the second time around. I think it's b/c I'm playing it on a Crushing difficulty.

The firefights actually are longer due to having to be very careful. This difficulty makes the combat that much more masterful.

Think I might rethink my initial personal score if this keeps up.

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 panda30

@Blabadon said:

trying to downplay QB rather then proving your point wont change anithing at this rate all you talking about is graphics and even then you show nothing but a broken bridge frozen in time and that dont represent the games graphics your obiosly despred

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By QuadKnight

@Blabadon said:

Where did I see what? QB flopping?

NPD results have been out for days now.

Quantum Flop flopped hard. Most lems didn't even bother buying it.

Software:

1. Dark Souls III (PS4, Xbox One)
  2. Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
  3. MLB 16: The Show (PS4, PS3)
  4. Tom Clancy’s The Division (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
  5. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
  6. Minecraft (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3)
  7. Quantum Break (Xbox One)
  8. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
  9. NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
  10. Star Fox: Zero (Wii U)
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Blabadon

@quadknight: no, I mean in the effort to be the functioning human being who calls people barnyard animals on the internet, where did you see a legitimate "lem" complain in this thread?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#141 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69548 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@quadknight: no, I mean in the effort to be the functioning human being who calls people barnyard animals on the internet, where did you see a legitimate "lem" complain in this thread?

The language you speak is too high for him.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By QuadKnight

@Blabadon said:

panda30 is a good example of a crying lem unless you want to pretend to yourself that he's a hermit (lol).

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Blabadon

@quadknight: your claim is coming from a 36 post alt account that doesn't speak proper English? That's what you want to use.

Strike one. Try again.

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 panda30

lol being on a top 10 best sellers = flop

Blind boy logic

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 QuadKnight

@Blabadon said:

@quadknight: your claim is coming from a 36 post alt account that doesn't speak proper English? That's what you want to use.

Strike one. Try again.

Ah, so we define lems according to your shifting definitions.

Keep moving dem goalposts brah.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 QuadKnight

@Pedro said:
@Blabadon said:

The language you speak is too high for him.

Another wild lem appears.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Blabadon

@quadknight: before you waste both our time not reading what I said, I used the word legitimate for a reason.

Strike two.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 QuadKnight

@Blabadon said:

@quadknight: before you waste both our time not reading what I said, I used the word legitimate for a reason.

Strike two.

Dude is a lem, I don't care if you recognize alts or not.

WTF is a "legitimate lem" anyways lol?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Blabadon

@Pedro: ha, look at that! You actually post in the Uncharted impressions thread, yet our friend here who hasn't thinks an internet forum term is just the right term for the "ownage"

What a time

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 QuadKnight

@panda30 said:

lol being on a top 10 best sellers = flop

Blind boy logic

It was a massive flop lol. You lems were comparing it to Uncharted 4 (lems spent almost 2 years hyping it), MS spent millions marketing and promoting it and even created a TV show for it. All for it to debut at #7 and have its ass handed to it by Ratchet and Clank and MLB16.